[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New ways pokemon could be caught
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
for me the biggest problem with the series right now is the lack of different methods for catching pokemon tbqh familia. We have over 700 of them and yet there are only 9 primary ways to find them are
>walk in tall grass
>walk on the floor of a cave or dungeon level
>evolve them from other mons
>fish for them
>go surfing or dive underwater
>breed them from other mons
>encounter them in game through the story or as gifts
>receive them in events
>restore them from fossils
That's what's soon to be more than 721 monsters restricted to being found and caught through 9 or 10 different outlets. That'd make an extremely bland monster catching game, and if you look at pokemon as just that and nothing more, which is easy to do, it is. Every gen GF improves the overworld and battling system but such drastic changes to the ways we find pokemon are never found. "catching them all" is getting more and more tedious every gen. so itt: we brainstorm new ways pokemon could be found that would freshen up the series a little
>>
>>26953484
Headbutting trees, Honey Trees, and Hidden Grottoes were all neat ways of encountering Pokemon.
As far as new ways, I'm at a loss. Maybe something to do with abilities that have field effects allowing you to encounter Pokemon differently.
>>
>>26953484
>headbutting trees
>slathering Honey on trees
>Hidden Grottos
>falling from the sky/jumping from bushes
>rustling grass in Gen V and ORAS
>bumping into pokemon in the sky
>getting them from the Dream World

You sort of missed out on a lot.
>>
>>26953639
There also used to be the radio in HGSS for getting certain pokemon to come out. Fuck gamefreak for introducing so many interesting ways to find mons and then taking them away, leaving us with the blandest shit ever for gen 6 and likely 7. I also liked the shaking grass and outbreaks of certain species in BW.
>>
>>26953648
>primary ways
>as in, ways that are rather consistent in their appearances throughout all or most of the games
reading comprehension anon.
>>
Even with the other anons posting ways that already exist, I think it would be cool to see some more new eays, too.

Maybe something like using a flashlight (or Flash?) to illuminate crevices in caves/areas outside at night for Pokémon? I can imagine walking around a route at night, using flash, having a cone in front of you, walking to a break in a wall, and finding a Sableye or something. Could be cool.

Also, what if we got to chase mons while riding on the backs of others? With XY they introduced riding on mons, but what if there were routes where you could find wild Pokémon (Deerling for example) just standing out, and you had to chase it down on the back of another mon, because it moved when you got close. Could be cool.
>>
File: 1467516255148.jpg (19 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1467516255148.jpg
19 KB, 400x240
>>26953751
Damn I hope, chasing a mon from the back of another would be fucking rad
This screenshot from the sm site confirms that we'll be able to ride multiple pokemon in gen 7 (under the assumption that we'll still be able to ride gogoat, of course) so some manner of encountering mons while riding others is more likely than before
>>
yfw Sun/Moon lets you revive Pokemon from Tikis
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.