[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2>3>1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1447010819662.png (1 MB, 968x473) Image search: [Google]
1447010819662.png
1 MB, 968x473
2>3>1
>>
>>26953038
boy you be playin with fire
>>
>>26953038
Agreed, actually. Haven't seen them all in a while, though.
>>
Twenty-three is number one!
>>
>>26953070
>throws deez deku nuts at ya
>>
>>26953038
first one is best if you see it with the part 4 kids edited out. made a whole lot more sense that way.
>>
3 > 1 > 2000
>>
Destiny Deoxys trumps the Hoenn movies tho.

Also pokemon movie thread?
>>
2>1>3
imho
>>
>>26953038
The second movie is by far the best one for me. With, and this is unpopular I bet, Zoroark and the Master of Illusion in second.
>>
>>26953458
4kids didn't edit that scene out, since it wasn't part of the movie to begin with. It was something akin to a director's cut that got added to the movie during the Japanese TV premier of the movie. (and 4kids did eventually dub it)
>>
>>26953593
Zoroark, along with entei and lucario to a lesser extent, is the only movie that I think really feels like a Pokemon movie. The others all feel like Pokemon-themed kaijuu flicks.
>>
>>26953732
>The others all feel like Pokemon-themed kaijuu flicks.
Seriously. Ash needs to temporarily catch a legendary and battle with it some day.
>>
>>26953750
The Hoopa movie's probably as close as we'll ever get.
>>
So did the tears just magically resurrect Ash? Or was it elaborated upon in the original version? I like to think Mewtwo subconciously did it.
>>
>>26953070
aaaayy
>>
>>26953038
Of the first 3 movies, only 2 holds up to the later ones. 1 and 3 are garbage.
>>
>>26954651
In the original, the scene just came out of nowhere. The dub tried to make it less random by adding an extra line about a legend where some crying Pokemon saved some people who died in a storm.
>>
>>26954697
1 gets a bad rap because of all the edgy fags who treat mewtwo's monologues as their philosophical foundation. As a flick it's like a 7/10 with 2 blowing it out of the water. 3 is ok but gets btfo'd by the later shit.
>>
>>26953038
The first one was best, IMO. Not just for nostalgia, but because the basic plot and execution made for an actually pretty good movie, even without the pokemon/anime movie handicap. >>26953458 makes the first one fucking solid.

2 is a lot less good once the luster of Lugia has worn off. The sled scene was based, though.

3 got better with age. Whether that meant it was really good, but hard to see at first, or if my standards for Pokemon movies dropped over time remains to be seen.

My other favorites are Heroes, and The Rise of Darkrai.
>>
3>1>2

i cried like 9 times during 3
>>
File: 1042304-1024x768-2---Lugia.jpg (233 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1042304-1024x768-2---Lugia.jpg
233 KB, 1024x768
3 has the best feels
2 has the best action and music
1 has the best atmosphere

Rise of Darkrai is probably my favorite with 2 being close on its tail.
>>
File: eric stuart's best line.jpg (55 KB, 584x435) Image search: [Google]
eric stuart's best line.jpg
55 KB, 584x435
>>26953038
I actually watched all of them very recently and I have to agree. Although 3 has the most entertaining pikachu short.
>>
>>26953038
I agree, OP.
Lugia was just the fucking best.
Manaphy's movie was pretty good too
>>
WE CAN SPELL OUR NAMES WITH THE UNKNOWN
>>
5/Heroes was the best one in my opinion
Altomare was beautiful and the movie had a nice soundtrack
>>
>>26953038
I liked 2 as a kid but with the years i started to despite it and now is my most disliked Pokemon movie together with 6 and 9.
>let's run from an island to the other chased by birds while basically nothing happens
Only saving grace is the OST.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 298x169
2000>1>3

Heroes would actually poll before 3 and all others are pretty good except for Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, that one with Manaphy, that one erked me something fierce.
>>
>>26953038
2 = best setting
1 = best story
3 = best.....errrr...loli? Nope, 2000's loli was better
>>
i watched the cocoon of destruction recently. it was complete shit. the story was rushed and there were too many plot holes
>>
>>26953038
Can't argue when 2 gave this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqpXrDuLqE0
>>
>>26955450
I miss 4Kids.

You wouldn't have caught me saying that in 2005, but I do. We didn't know how good we had it then, compared to TPCi now.
>>
i always hated the titel of the second movie

>THE POWER OF ONE

yeah...
without the help and support of the other characters ash wouldn't get shit done!

like misty for example - without her and tracey he would have drowned in the ocean
or team rocket - they helped him to get to the third island
>>
>>26956454
"One" refers to Lugia because it quells the legendary birds and ultimately brings back peace. I don't really like the name either, especially since I didn't even know that was the name of it until like a year ago. I just used to refer to it as "Pokemon: the Movie 2000" and it sounds better to me.
>>
The battle at the begining of 3 is one of my favorites ever:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPzfJhEoQ0

And it took me by surprise as a kid to listen to an extended Jhoto theme.
>>
3>1>>>2
>>
Dammit if we combined aspects of the Japanese version and the dub for the first movie, we could've had the best pokemon movie
>>
>>26956395
An aspect i did really enjoy about 3 is that it was all personal to Ash. He did have a legit reason to get involved cause it's his mom and he knows everyone involved from the past
>>
>>26953038
2>1>3
>>
>>26956382
The thing that REALLY irked me about this flick is that one, it runs on waaay to long. Second, MAY sbould've been the one to save the day since it was all primarily focused on her but no. We get to see him go super saiyin or some bull.
>>
>>26957596
By him i meant Ash, my bad
>>
>>26956454
I like the movie but it sends mixed signals with Ash being the chosen one and the ONLY one to save the day. It defeats a message that anyone can be special imo
>>
>>26953038
I love all three but 3 is my top pick. It's also a large part of why I like Kingdra, Teddiursa and Entei. Ash being saved by Charizard, Fire Dragon vs Fire Dog, the underwater battles, the magical castle, the feels. IIRC my VHS copy started fucking up because I watched it so much.

Also its one of the cases where the dub improved on the original.
>>
>>26957485
>dat happy Totodile
>>
1 because edgey themes and mewtwo, the moral was kind of there i guess, also i cant take off my nostalgia glasses
3 had a good interpretation of a kids mind that experienced a tragedy, ash and co actually did shit to save his mom, entei fighting chorzord was cool, overall it was bretty gud desu

2 was far worse than the above ones, just some lel random legendary chosen one shit, some manchild villain wasting technology to catch mah legend birds for no good reason team rocket style
>>
File: 1466211910367.jpg (77 KB, 684x582) Image search: [Google]
1466211910367.jpg
77 KB, 684x582
8 >>>> everything else desu
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.