[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Zygarde not considered a Trio Master to Xernas and Yvetal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Why is Zygarde not considered a Trio Master to Xernas and Yvetal like Rayquaza to Kyogre/Groudon and Landorus to Thundurus/Tornadus?

I mean at least in Bulbapedo it's not included.
>>
Cause it has basically no relation to them, thematically or story wise?

The only thing linking it is it starts with the letter Z, and is found in the same region.
>>
>>26951598
And it's ability that nullifies both of their abilities
>>
>>26951516
Because Zygarde's going to be a Hexamaster of Yveltal, Xerneas, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Marshadow.

Hexagon scales, six Pokemon. Keep the order of life, death, sun, moon, and the eclipse which all affect the earth.
>>
Nothing plot/lore-wise links Xerneas or Yvetal to Zygarde, be VI.

On that note, you could even argue that Xerneas and Yveltal aren't a legendary duo since no relationship between them is ever mentioned in-game.
>>
>>26951675
Every time I hear stuff like this I'm not sure if I want this to happen or not.
>>
>>26951685
They mention Yveltal being death and Xerneas life in the games. Zygarde is pretty much the order.
>>
>>26951675
>Marshadow
What?
>>
>>26951736
The name that has been trademarked together with Solgaleo and Lunala, weeks before their reveal.
>>
>>26951598
>>26951685

OK, "technically" it's not mentioned, but come on. Their body shapes (X Y Z), life death and order/balance... it pretty much completes the trio. And its ability cancels the other two just like Rayquaza.
>>
>>26951598
Zygarde keeps balance with the natural order of mortality, if either Xerneas or Yveltal get out of hand with their powers over life or death Zygarde will come in to put a stop to them.
>>
Of course it's the trio master. XYZ. Has the other two color scheme in complete forme. Balances echosystem instead of just life and death. All have yggdrasil theme. How the fuck is it unrelated?
>>
>>26951869
>fabulous Xerneas bro going around making chads immortal
>Zygarde swoops in and ruins the day

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1456450023664.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1456450023664.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>26951869
Xerneas = Blue
Yveltal = Red
Zygarde = Green

>balance
>Rayquaza does the same with Kyogre and Groudon
>ORAS
>>
>>26951516
Because it's not official. It has as much links to them as Rayquaza did in Ruby/Sapphire or Giratina in Diamond/Pearl.

And with Power Construct replacing Aura Break, that takes away another one of its ties to Yveltal and Xerneas. It's like they made Zygard with the intention of making a Pokemon Z, but scrapped the idea and now are trying to tie Zygarde into Sun/Moon.
>>
>>26951907
Power construct doesn't replace aura break though
>>
>>26951907
see >>26951675
>>
>>26951598
Yeah, the fact that Zygarde's ability explicitly reverses Xerneas and Yveltal's abilities means nothing. Definitely no relation between them, right?
>>
Even if Game Freak never did anything with the idea, Zygarde's dex entries in X and Y along with its ability blatantly set up Zygarde as trio master to the other two. It's not its fault Game Freak abandoned it.
>>
>>26951888
Because immortality isn't all rainbows and butterflies and should never be something one should want to achieve? When you're immortal you are forced to watch the people you love die around you and have to see the world change to the point its unrecognizable to your former non-immortal self. There are many more disadvantages to having eternal life than there are advantages to it. For instance AZ is immortal and had to spend 3000 years walking the Earth trying to right the mistakes he made before gaining his immortality and also had to live knowing that he drove away his best friend and even had to abandon his loved ones and family so he didn't need to see them die. I'm sure that deep down he actually has been suffering more than celebrating his eternal place in the universe.
>>
>>26951685
Are Ho-oh and Lugia ever mentioned in relation to each other?
>>
Do the games have to come out and explicitly say that duos/trios are related before people will accept them? Even when Pokédex entries, moves, abilities, base stats, etc. will often show a clear relation?
>>
>>26951598
>only things linking it
And it's ability, which inverts theirs.

And the color scheme, which carries over to the shinies of the three.

And the fact that their level-up movepools are structured the same.

And the fact that they're paired up for events and shown together in spin-off games and promotional material.

And the fact that they share the same battle theme.

And the fact that tie-ins between the trio aren't fully established until the third one gets screen time, and we won't learn everything about Zygarde until Sun and Moon.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.