[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gargoyle pokemon when? Rock/Flying? Rock/Dark? Rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: gargoille.jpg (452 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
gargoille.jpg
452 KB, 1500x1500
Gargoyle pokemon when?
Rock/Flying?
Rock/Dark?
Rock?
>>
>>26949197
>what is Druddigon
Tfw he isnt rock/dragon
>>
druddigon is a lot like a gargoyle
>>
>>26949215
Druddigon isn't a gargoyle
when will this meme end
>>
>>26949197
Aerodactyl is probably the closest we'll ever get
>>
Rock/Dark with Levitate.

High speed stat with many flying type moves.
>>
>>26949229
You gotta admit he is a very gargoyle-inspired mon.
He even first appeared in a tower.
He just lacks the humanoid traits.
>>
>>26949215

Put wings on this lizard and you get Druddigon
>>
>>26949260
And being made of rock... and a name that would imply any sort of gargoyle hints... and anything mechanically or flavorfully to pin it as a gargoyle... off the top of my head.
>>
>>26949278

The skin on its face is described as being hard as rock, and it's the only non-snake Pokemon to learn Glare
>>
>>26949215
>>26949229
>>26949260
>>26949263
>>26949278
>It warms its body by absorbing sunlight with its wings. When its body temperature falls, it can no longer move.
Paraphrasing: it only moves when the sun is out.
Which is similar to a gargoyle, isn't it?
>>
>>26949714
It does that because it's a reptile. Lots of reptile Pokemon are described as absorbing light. Snivy could be paraphrased similarly, coincidentally enough. Its entry says absorbing sunlight allows it to move quickly or something like that.
>>26949301
Don't know what learning Glare has to do with anything. Turning things to stone or something?
>>
File: gargoyles.jpg (371 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
gargoyles.jpg
371 KB, 960x1440
>>26949714

Gargoyles only move at night dummy
>>
>>26949730
Because they also are gargoyles so you're wrong.
>>
>>26949872
You're mother is so ugly I thought she was a gargoyle too

Up high
>>
>>26949730
>It does that because it's a reptile
Fair, but this is one of very few said to actually stop moving when not in sunlight
>Snivy could be paraphrased similarly, coincidentally enough. Its entry says absorbing sunlight allows it to move quickly or something like that.
>It is very intelligent and calm. Being exposed to lots of sunlight makes its movements swifter.
Paraphrase: it moves faster the more sunlight it absorbs

Glare in pokemon seems to have a similarity with the Basilisk, which could turn creatures to stone. Basilisks are usually at least partially snake

That being said, i think i might retract my previous statement, see below for why

>>26949816
You're right, my bad
Guess one could say it still only moves at according to the sun, but that might be a bit of a stretch
>>
>>26949197
rock/water is only acceptable type
>>
>>26950053
why water?
>>
>>26950889
Because some gargoyles spout water like a fountain
>>
>>26950898
So give it scald and make it a rock/flying. It would be interesting to see a special oriented version of a gargoyle anyway
>>
>>26950946
Yeah that would be cool, maybe give it flamethrower too just because
>>
>>26949197
>Mega Druddigon
Dragon/Rock
Gargoyle Inspired
>>
>>26949197
Rock/Ghost with Solid Rock or Levitate
>>
>>26950898
>some
if it doesn't spout water it literately isn't a gargoyle
>>
>>26949197

In one of the future generations of Pokémon
>>
>>26949197
>Mach punch still exists
GG
>>
>>26949215
but we have tyrantrum
>>
>>26952119
We already have a Rock/Dark-type, and it's been best Pokemon solid OU for five generations straight.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.