[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate my old gen2 team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: pkmn crystal english.jpg (3 MB, 3200x3200) Image search: [Google]
pkmn crystal english.jpg
3 MB, 3200x3200
I've found my old pkmn crystal game - which I played when it came out in 2001
(I'm from Germany as you can see, I've translated all the stuff)

I expected the battery to have died by now - but it survived!
going to solder in a new one as soon as I can get my hands on a way to not loose my savegame in the process

While I remember having a pretty good team back then, I forgot what pokemon and movesets I was using, so it was really cool to check out my stuff I haven't used for 15 years or so. It seems I have used these nine pokemon for the most part, since six of them were in my team and the others were in box 1, while the other boxes were filled with mediocre or not fully leveled stuff.

here's the team composition I had:

nidoking (starter)
scizor
charizard
umbreon
gengar
blissey

I'm interessted in hearing what you guys think of the team I had.
As far as I can remember I was wiping out most of the other players at the school. Since I never had a gameboy advance or ds I haven't played pokemon for a long time after crystal. it's only after I got a 3ds (mainly for monster hunter) I revisited the series. (I was playing psp stuff in between, so no pokemon)

btw. I had a good laugh about steelix's name: "stahlin", since "stahl" is German for "steel"
I completely forgot I used to name all my pokemon - don't do that anymore
>>
>>26946812
>boxing starters even back in 2001
Though Nidoking means you have good taste.
>>
>>26946812
pretty good, but where the fuck is skarmory?
>>
>>26946869
In gen 3
>>
>>26946812
How old were you because I find it hard to believe a child back then would know or even care about type coverage and having a decent moveset.
>>
To sodder in a new battery and keep your progress, you need a GBA SP.

You unscrew the screw in the back of the game cartridge (get the screwdriver online), take off the face of the cartridge, put the game in, turn it on, open your save, then remove the old battery and sodder in a new one (MAKE SURE you did it right), then save and turn off the game. Screw the face back on and you're good to go. Hope this helps.
>>
>>26946839

Nidoking is one of my all time favorites and I think I stopped playing pokemon after crystal since I found out I couldn't transfer them to gen3 and I was bitter about loosing all the effort I've put in in gen2.

I actually remember winning a lot of fights with nothing but that Nidoking.

the fact that it's a shiny is the cherry on top ... man, I've loved gen2

>>26946958

I was born 1988

also, I'm not "average" I guess - since I always min-maxed everything I layed my hands on and ended up running lots of d&d campaigns and stuff like that

I studied philosophy at university and am currently doing postgrad in "applied game theory" (mostly economics) so that's telling something about me I guess
>>
>>26946812
Those nicknames are 10/10.
>Jabba
>Stahlin
>my sides
And the others are just natural and fitting for the pokemon. I especially like Khan, Phantom and Razor. 10/10 OP, good job.
>>
>>26946979
thx
I'll look into that
>>
>>26946812
Poison Barb Umbreon with Toxic is weird, but otherwise pretty solid.
>>
>>26946812
>Relaxo
>>
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Change-Game-Boy-Cartridge-Battery/?ALLSTEPS
>>
>>26946812
Poison Barb Umbreon new meta.
>>
>>26947709
That's it's German Name ^^

>>26947892
I'm not sure, but guess it worked for toxin in gen 2 ?
>>
>>26946812
I really like your Snorlax's name "Balu". Did you name him after Balu from The Jungle Book?
>>
>>26948958
Yeah
>>
I run toxic stall umbreon to this day. Poison barb only increases stab poison moves. It would've been better on Nidoking. Or even gengar.
That said I think your team is boss as hell. Nowadays with mega steelix and mega scizor this team would stand as a good sandstorm setup. With lots of coverage pokemon. Electabuzz is a good choice. So is that blissy man you had some good taste. Although I still think the obligatory charizard and snorlax have always been good additions to any team.
>>
>>26947675
>>26947892
>>26949647

I don't know why Umbreon has Poison Barb ... maybe I really screwed up back then?
But then again - I remember testing out and researching everything, so I don't think I'd make such a huge mistake.
In fact, it might be Umbreon is carrying that because I was testing something or for some other stupid reason.

Well - however, nice to know my team stands the test of time.
I really wish there'd be a way to get them into the newer generations. These 'mons are personal history to me.
>>
>>26946812
>Nidoking
10/10, especially as a starter. Nice moveset as well

>Scizor
Excellent taste, though it could've probably used another physical move for swords dance

>Charizard
A little overused, but good. Again, could've used another physical move for belly drum

>Umbreon
10/10, nice stall set

>Gengar
9/10, I'd personally use psychic and giga drain instead of hypnosis and dream eater, since hypnosis is inaccurate & gengar can't take hits

blissey
meh, kind of overkill for single player. AI isn't smart enough to go physical
>>
>>26949727
I'd suggest just making the same team on pokemon showdown. They have a gen 2 only bracket and you'd be able to recreate everything about your team. Except the memories that is. You could still name them the same things and even have Nidoking be shiny.

Always the alternative is just using whatever new generation game like XY, ORAS, or wait until SM. Catching them and raising them. That might take a while and it would be a project too. Making them similar to your old pokemon you were attached too.

I do this nowadays I always try to get a Crobat on my because that was my favorite gen 2 pokemon.
>>
>>26949803
thanks

>>26949843
thank you - but I'm not interessted in competetive play anymore. I'd just like to have my childhood bro's in the new games.

but then again, it's ok
I'll just frame the cartridge or something - they're still there
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.