[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cpg/ - Competitive Pokemon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1467410528608.png (1017 KB, 1592x890) Image search: [Google]
1467410528608.png
1017 KB, 1592x890
Battlan, Battlan, Battlan, Hopan this one won't die, etc

Introduction to Competitive Pokémon: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon
Tiers Explained: http://www.smogon.com/xyhub/tiers
List of tiers' clauses and banlists: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/
StrategyDex: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/

Online Pokémon Simulators:

Pokémon Showdown (main simulator): http://www.pokemonshowdown.com
Pokémon Online (sometimes used for oldgens): http://www.pokemon-online.eu/
Pokémon TCG Online: http://www.pokemontcg.com/

Topic of the day: How is Sun/Moon gonna save the meta?
>>
>>26945224
Can we get a reminder about those new mons abilities?
>>
File: 1464973463026.jpg (417 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
1464973463026.jpg
417 KB, 500x564
>>26945262
>Electric Surge - Activates Electric Terrain when being sent out
That's fucking great, the new weathers only lacked automatic setters. 50% boost to electric-type attacks is really good, removes sleep too so fucks up rest mons and spore/sleep powder users.

>Dazzling: Prevents moves with an increased Speed Priority from hitting
REMOVE BRAVE BIRD FISHE

>Berserk: Increases Special Attack when Hit Points reach 50%
Sounds decent, but unless it has a good recovery move, this isn't going to do a lot of important shit. The dragon which gets it is probably going to be slow too, so no hope of having a scarfer that deals more damage once it's hurt

> Soul Heart:Raises the Special Attack by one stage when a Pokémon on the field is knocked out
Now that's what I call a good ability. Magearna will probably abuse the fuck out of this. Memento might be good too with this, who knows?

>Stakeout: Deals twice the normal damage if the opponent just switched into battle
I mainly play LC, so Yungoos is gonna be a godsend as a wallbreaker.
>switch in scarf yungoos on frail shit that I can ko
>it's either let your offensive mon die or get a defensive mon 2hkoed

>Comatose: The Pokémon can only be affected by the Sleep status condition
meh, I guess? No burns, so that's a good thing.

>Battery: Increases the power of ally Pokémon's Special move
Charjabug gets it, and it doesn't seem to be a particularly good mon (usual bug NFE), so I doubt it'll be used
might be on another mon tho

>Power Construct: Changes Zygarde's form to Complete Forme when Hit Points are less than 50%
SubDD Zygarde = anything goes

Not gonna comment on the legendaries' abilities since they're just renamed existing abilities
>>
>>26945354
>>Stakeout: Deals twice the normal damage if the opponent just switched into battle
>I mainly play LC, so Yungoos is gonna be a godsend as a wallbreaker.
>>switch in scarf yungoos on frail shit that I can ko
>>it's either let your offensive mon die or get a defensive mon 2hkoed

enjoy your 10 speed tier or instant suspect
inb4 b-but timburr exists
>>
>>26945415
LO Reckless Mienfoo is still available so i don't think it's gonna get suspected

and I was meming when I said that, there's still plenty of shit that could tank its hits (eg. Porygon, Spritzee, rock-types and steel-types, etc)

There's plenty of prio in LC: Croagunk, Timburr, Fletchling, Pawniard, Carvanha, fake out users...
>>
>>26945354
Comatose could be huge depending on who gets it. More mons that wall keld without being burned would be nice, and not being burned/twaved is huge for some sweepers
>>
>>26945740
Depends, if the mons that get it are generic early-game normal-types, they won't even have the bulk in order to prevent the scald 2hko
>>
You guys are also into VGC by any chance? I want to get a grasp of it, but I blow at Competitive stuff in general. Team building, reading the opponent, knowing what to do in general basically. Doesn't help that VGC Pokemon usually have some bizarre EV spread. Any got tips for the basics? It doesn't have to be VGC, Smogon is fine.
>>
>>26946038
It's mostly just knowing what shit runs and what beats that shit: you get better with time.

Not a lot of people play VGC, but you can get a lot of direct general help on the cpg showdown room:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/cpg
>>
>>26946066
>>26946038
It's play.pokemonshowdown.com/tpc now
>>
>>26946066
That does sound simple enough with practice. I guess I'll just try stuff out on Showdown regardless of how many times I get handed, and ask for some advice from more experienced players. Thanks, anon!
>>
File: 1467295884355.png (652 KB, 531x595) Image search: [Google]
1467295884355.png
652 KB, 531x595
>>26946116
remember to ask here or in room if you have any questions.

May be filled with faggots, but at least they're helpful faggots.
>>
File: 500.png (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500.png
83 KB, 500x500
If anyone needs LC help, I'm here
>>
>>26946116
Teambuilding will depend upon the rules of the tier you're working with. Start with a tier you feel comfortable with (easily defined rules etc) and work on teambuilding first. Find out how to combine strategy and synergy.

Create a core (2-3 Pokemon that have synergy) that will be the basis of your team's strategy
>Balanced
>Fast Physical Attackers
>Stall
>Volt-Turn
Etc, and check your weaknesses and complement off of them with your remaining team-mates. Battle a lot to define what threatens your team, and place checks to beat them. E.g. I was having fun with a Volcarona + M-Sableye core that couldn't deal with Heatran. I put in Sashed Dugtrio with max speed and could usually take care of it easily with Area Trap. Not the greatest strategy, but an example. That and Dugtrio was a surprisingly useful little fucker. Mostly just battle, battle, and battle. Oh, and ev spreads may seem mystifying until you are doing damage calcs.
>>
>>26946536
Roomfag makes a post: the movie
>>
>>26946553
Nothing wrong with that senpai
>>
>>26945354
all shit but soul heart, fuck u every1
>>
File: upset_pepe.jpg (2 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
upset_pepe.jpg
2 KB, 225x224
WHY ARE DEFENSIVE MONS NEVER SUSPECTED

SOME DEFENSIVE CORES CAN'T BE BROKEN
>>
>>26950204
Every defensive core can be broken, it's just that some are harder to break than others.
>>
>>26950204
such as?
>>
>>26950204
Because "lol gotta ban shadow tag instead of msableye there no issues"
>>
File: 0732 - QI1F6VH.png (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
0732 - QI1F6VH.png
9 KB, 300x300
thank you lc guy

the team you posted got me reqs
>>
>>26945354
What are the chances that Dazzling will block Pursuit? It's technically a priority move when used on something that's switching out.
>>
>>26951790
you're welcome senpai

>>26951808
Since it becomes +7, I guess it'll block it, maybe?
>>
>>26951808
Probably, the bigger question though is will any pokemon with dazzling not be basculin tier shit. A pokemon with an amazing set of abilities a great typing and movepool but with 480 bst an ou does not make
>>
wow i really like this clan
>>
kektus is a fucking nigger
>>
>>26952337
no ablo englese cuba mi ablo si si si
LITTLE CUP
>>
Ary is a nigger noob
>>
File: pepe seismitoad.png (11 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe seismitoad.png
11 KB, 600x600
How do i get voiced
>>
>>26952398
You have to offer your ass to our Supreme Overlord, Akkeshi.
>>
>>26952398
tell us your PS username and we'll voice you
>>
>>26952398
Message etaoi. She voices EVERYONE.
>>
>>26952405
>forgetting the true lords of cpg are amini mush and pmma
newfag alert
>>
>>26952398
pm me on showdown
>>
/me bend over
>>
>>26952484
Amini Mush and Pmma are all poor wtf
>>
ded
>>
Best uh psychic uh wall uh sweeper uh pivot uh punisher uh
>>
cpg is actually trash lmao
>>
>>26955331
Slowbro for all
>>
Anyone here good at UU?
>>
File: 5jpRQiN.jpg (63 KB, 200x350) Image search: [Google]
5jpRQiN.jpg
63 KB, 200x350
>>26955552
me
>>
>>26955552
no u fucking idiot we only play VGC and gen 3 rambats what are u poor
>>
>>26955561
ary go take your pills
>>
>>26955561
gen 3 doesnt have randbats
>>
>>26955556
hi what should i change about this team
http://pastebin.com/RDdrkjfn
>>
>>26955584
not that guy but it looks pretty solid my man

at first glance I'd think crocune is a bit of a problem, but vaporeon beats it 1v1 since it's slower which means it can just baton pass out -> switch back in again, which are free 128 pp.

Maybe curselax is a problem? You can taunt it with crobat, but that's kinda shaky because it doesn't want to get hit by a body slam. Other attackers don't see to do as much. Luckily only lowladder shtiters use curselax though.
>>
Can someone explain to me why clefable isn't getting suspected? That shit is centralizing, on every fucking team and fits on every playstyle, lacks counters since it just out-durates all of them. Does smogon only suspect fast sweepers or what?
>>
>>26957669
it's no use, if they do a suspect on a defensive mon it won't get banned

see: sableye
>>
>>26955584
>using Vaporeon

Reeeeee, stop doing that, it doesn't belong in UU.
>>
>>26958143
>here is my thesis backed up by one (1) example
>>
>>26959352
well if ou actually suspected defensive mons maybe there would be more examples
>>
>>26959389
The thing is that apart from that one superstall team that everyone could autopilot there haven't really been any metas where defensive cores were broken. Dominant yes, but never to a point where it's unbeatable. Trust me, defensive autopilot is alot easier to play and therefor alot more broken, but pokemon rarely ever works like that. Honestly I think it's good that there are viable stall teams right now, because if you look back to the last few years the majority of the time stall is just objectively inferior in terms of viability.

There is nothing really broken that's defensive right now.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.