[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would Game Freak put so much effort into this generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 600x512
Why would Game Freak put so much effort into this generation only for it to be largely ignored and underappreciated by the masses?
>>
>Generation III never happened
>>
>underappreciated

That's just a loud minority.
>>
File: 1407484050152.jpg (745 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1407484050152.jpg
745 KB, 2000x1333
It was made for patricians to enjoy, but when that didn't sell they did a 180 to appeal to genwunner plebes with X/Y. That, of course, alienated the core fans, but it's not like they give a fuck about those.

So far it seems like they're switching back to G.V philosophy with G.VII for some reason, but we can't be sure until we get the games.
>>
>>26944899
>largely ignored
Gen V sold quite well, on a par with other entries in the series.

>and underappreciated by the masses
Underappreciated by who? For the most part /vp/ really likes Gen V, as do most fans.
>>
>>26944899
Its probably one of the most beloved Gens.

The people on Facebook complaining about ice cream and trash who haven't played in years are not the Pokemon fan base.

The masses enjoyed XY, but the actual fan base loves BW and BW2

(Yes I know not everyone loves these games)
>>
>>26945076

Most people still cry about the designs being bad because muh trash and muh ice cream
>>
>>26945093
BW fucking sucks, BW2 is great
>>
>>26945105
>Most people

A few loud whiners isn't "most people." Most people really like these games, and even if they don't like muh trash and muh ice cream, recognize that Gen V had a ton of really great designs.
>>
it's because it is about the MASSES' opinions
>>
Gen V being under appreciated despite being excellent is why Gen VI was average and boring.
>>
>>26944899
>effort
>uglier than 4th gen
>stupid designs
>shit wild pokemon music
>moxie: the game
>began the casualisation with reusable tm's and hidden abilities

And these are just the ones off the top of my head.
>>
>>26947084
>le casualization meme
>>
>>26947084
>reusable TMs and Hidden abilities considered casualization

Are you autistic? Reusable TMs is just better game design, and hidden abilities make a more interesting meta. Go back to Red and Blue, faggot.
>>
Just because you have to push really, really hard to get that turd out, doesn't make it not a turd.

Thankfully BW2 fixed nearly everything and was fucking amazing, but BW1 was so bad the generation's reputation was already stained, and of course many of the shiteaters who thought BW1 was actually good thought BW2 was somehow bad.
>>
>>26947131
>but BW1 was so bad
>stating opinions as facts
>>
>>26945093

I think that what you are saying is misinformed, while it is easy to say "Muh icecream" the real criticism about design was always that because Gamefreak decided that black and white would be a "reboot of the franchise" they decided to not use any previous gen Pokemon causing a lot of the Pokemon to seem like uninspired rehashes of previous Pokemon (see klingklang, tauros with hair, and mushroom electrode). It was this that caused the problem. when i (and i assume others) complain about bad design its not that the designs are boring or ugly, its that they are to similar to mon's we already have.
>>
>>26946999
Trips of truth.
>>
>No Genwun pokemon
>>
>>26946999
>Gen V (BW) Underappreciated because no genwun pokemon
>Reason why Gen VI had so much genwun pandering
>>
>>26944899
Gen V suffer from the ds/3ds transition

Its a shame because the PWT and the films in Pokéstar Studios would look pretty good in a 3d enviroment
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.