[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This should have been the main anime after it aired. What the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 23
File: origins3.jpg (144 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
origins3.jpg
144 KB, 675x380
This should have been the main anime after it aired. What the fuck were they thinking giving it only 4 episodes. Shit was better than the whole annime combined.
>>
>4 episodes
It's a 2-hour special.
>>
Origins is literally just "Remember that thing that happened in the game? Here's that thing exactly the same but with nice animation. Now let's skip four gyms." Why would you want a whole series like that?
>>
>>26944317
And in those two hours it was somehow better than the entire Ashnime. WOOOOOW.
>>
>>26944309
>Wanting Cherry picked moments from the game
>Wanting a protaganist with 0 personality
>Wanting Charizard to win every match
>Wanting to take time to see Red catch every Pokemon
No
>>
>4 episodes
>he unironically watched the dub
>>
>>26944333
2 hours of Charizard pandering will never be better than the Ashnime.
>>
Post that one Victreebel webm so that OP and his "it was better" can fuck off.
>>
>>26944346
"Pikachu! Aim for the horn!"
Fuck off.
>>
>>26944339
>>Wanting Cherry picked moments from the game
So just like the Ashnime but without all the bullshit filler? Yes please.

>>Wanting a protaganist with 0 personality
So just like the ashnime?

>>Wanting Charizard to win every match
So just like the ashnime but with le edgy oc frog?

>>Wanting to take time to see Red catch every Pokemon
>WAAAH WHY DOES THIS SERIES ABOUT CATCHING MONSTERS HAVE A SHOW ABOUT CATCHING MONSTERS

I don't see how this isn't an improvement.

>>26944341
>>>/a/
>>
>>26944356
But heres the thing
The Anime is it's own universe with it's own rules
Origins tries super hard to be like the games with the health bar bullshit
>>
>>26944364
>tells me to go to /a/ on a thread about the Pokémon ANIME on /vp/
lmao
>>
>>26944356
>18 years ago
Nice.

>>26944364
>So just like the ashnime but with le edgy oc frog?
You mean the one that has been losing every single battle until recently?
>>
>>26944364
You have shit taste. Origins was awful.
>>
>>26944388
Better than the ashnime.
>>
>>26944377
>WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! B-But it's shit because it actually follows the original source material
>>
>>26944333
>>26944364
kill yourself faggot for using that buzzword

origins was fucking garbage only brain dead genwunners like it
>>
>>26944392
no it wasn't now kill yourself
>>
>>26944309
So you're saying Pokemon have a good story?
>>
Suuuuuure. Like I or anyone else would even pay attention to your self-insert edgelord gorefest fanfic.
>>
File: 1464120596657.png (477 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
1464120596657.png
477 KB, 631x638
>>26944397
>I don't like it so it's garbage.
No. The one that should be killing their self is you.
>>
>>26944392
I would recommend overdosing on heroin and alcohol while sitting in a bath. That way when you pass out you drown painlessly.

Please don't reproduce beforehand.
>>
>>26944364
>So just like the Ashnime but without all the filler bullshit
I hate when people say that filler is an inheritly a bad thing. Filler can be used to establish new characters,cover intersting scenarios and developing existing characters. It's only when theres too much like in Johto when it becomes a problem.
>Ash has 0 personality
Nice meme. Ash is a boy from Pallet town dreams of becoming a Pokemon master but does things in his own way by using pure instinct. However around Hoenn he starts to train himself to become a more cautious thinker and so on, he also is a generally nice person but can get arrogant and cocky. Red is a boy from Pallet town who wants to become a Pokemon trainer...and he likes Charizard? That's all I got, maybe if we had some filler we could flesh out his character.
>Ashfrog is the same as Charizard shilling
This is true
>>
I found Origins to be incredibly disappointing. I hate to say it, but it made me appreciate the main anime more. At least they bother to give the characters personality.
>>
>>26944445

I so fucking agree with you.
>>
>>26944437
Ashfrog loses matches on the regular.
>>
>>26944346

What was wrong with the Victreebel part exactly?

Even though Origins had flaws like anything. You'd have to be a major faggot to think it wasn't better than the regular anime.

>mfw I discovered there are adults who unironically watch the anime still
>>
>>26944437
No, it's that the anime's filler almost never does that. Most of them are just faffing about.
>>
>>26944445
Red was full of personality and development. In the first episode, he didn't know how to handle battling when he lost to Blue. Over time, he comes an amazing trainer taking down the league, Mewtwo, and discovering the secrets of Mega Evolution. Ash, on the other hand, hasn't done not one of those three things.
>>
What kind of lobotomy do you have to undergo in order to say you don't like substance?
>>
>>26944309
origins was worse than the ashime
FACT
>>
>>26944437
>Filler can be used to establish new characters,cover intersting scenarios and developing existing characters
i.e. things that never happen in the ashnime

doing the "HI COTW, I'M ASH AND THESE ARE MY FRIENDS ______ WOAH NICE NEW POKEMON YOU HAVE THERE OOPS TEAM ROCKET SHENANIGANS" song and dance repeatedly isn't fun to watch.

>Red is a boy from Pallet town who wants to become a Pokemon trainer...and he likes Charizard?
He wants to catch them all and he stands for what he thinks is right no matter what.

Ash barely has any character and he's had almost ONE THOUSAND EPISODES compared to Red's four
>>
>>26944309
>Implying Origins wont go to shit after a couple of seasons and most of the Pokemon Red uses wont stay in their basic form for promotional purposes
>>
>>26944471
>confirmed for never watching an ounce of the XY anime
>>
File: 1467378960693.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1467378960693.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>26944484
>Ash barely has any character and he's had almost ONE THOUSAND EPISODES compared to Red's four
>>
>>26944471
>Red was full of personality and development
But everything you listed was plot development, not personality. Sure, he improved as a trainer, and remained boring and personality-less while doing so.

>Ash, on the other hand, hasn't done not one of those three things.
True, but you have to just blame the format for that. Origins was always intended to be a limited series, so they were able to include an ending. You see people here saying that they want Origins to be the main anime? If it was, these thing wouldn't have been able to happen.
>>
Yes, YES! keep fighting, I am filled with energy! Give me power!

Red special is better btw.
>>
To be fair, most of Ash's character development happened over the course of Kanto and Orange. It has barely gone anywhere since then. True, he's a stronger trainer, but he's still the same person, reckless and all.
>>
>>26944484
>doing the "HI COTW, I'M ASH AND THESE ARE MY FRIENDS ______ WOAH NICE NEW POKEMON YOU HAVE THERE OOPS TEAM ROCKET SHENANIGANS" song and dance repeatedly isn't fun to watch.

I really, really hate these sorts of episodes also, but to be fair, there have been far fewer of them in recent generations. Really, starting with DP they began to cut back on them. They still exist (and I usually don't watch them), but there are fewer now.

Johto was the absolute worst on this. I don't know if it's true, but it felt like literally three quarters of the episodes were of this type.
>>
>>26944514
>HAHA YOUR ARGUEMENTS ARE DUMB AND MINE ARE GOOD I AM LE MASTER TROLLOLOLOLO XDDDDDDDDD
Hey bud. Did you just blow in from 9gag?
>>
>>26944527
As someone who is binging every episode and is currently on Hoenn.
Johto is fucking hell
>>
>>26944517
I disagree. I thought his greatest character development was in D/P. He learned a lot there about being less reckless, and more thoughtful and creative in battling. It was arguably rolled back a bit in B/W, but seems to have been picked up again in X/Y.
>>
>ashnime
Stop using that word REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26944496
I have.
Ash has never won a league, never took down a legendary, and knstead of god tier mega evolution, he gets a special snowflake evo.
>>
>>26944556
>never took down a legendary

Well that's just not true.
>>
>>26944556
>never took down a legendary
No you really haven't watched it
>>
>>26944537
No, he didn't. He continued being the same trainer he always was. The most that was gotten out of it is that he doesn't jump on trainers he disagrees with. Also note I said he hasn't developed MUCH. True, this is the most significant leap he's made in a decade and a half. That's relative, though. A drop in the bucket.
>>
>>26944537
It helped he had an actual rival in Paul
>>
>>26944567
>>26944574
Alright, I forgot the bird trio but Red did that too. :^)
>>
>>26944529
No, I just woke up and started reading one of the most divisive threads I've seen in my life. It's interesting to see people go crazy over this. Politics isn't even this good.

I think both have their merits though. Red's special is just more interesting to me.
>>
File: 1457728238669.jpg (91 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457728238669.jpg
91 KB, 1000x1000
>>26944556
>Never took down a legendary

Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>26944514
These are the kind of people who like Origins.
>>
>>26944581

You also forgot Darkrai, during the Sinnoh League.
>>
>>26944602
We were talking about the shit XY series.
>>
>>26944579

Agreed. The Ash-Paul relationship is why D/P is still on top as far as I'm concerned. X/Y is great, but it's the lack of a really great rival that keeps it below D/P.
>>
>>26944609
Be more specific next time champ, instead of back pedaling when you're proven wrong.
>>
>>26944609

Then your original post doesn't make any sense.

>Ash has never won a league
Well no fucking shit he hasn't, there's only one league in X/Y and the story is only getting to that point now.
>>
Truthfully, I favor neither of them. They're both mindless fucks on a happyfuntimes journey that has no real purpose. They care about nothing but battling, even at the expense of anyone involved. I don't care what age you are, you are a terrorist, and I will treat you like one.
>>
>>26944609
>The entire anime is bad because this didn't happen
>Actually it did happen right here
>But it didn't happen in the time that we're talking about
What
>>
>>26944633
>mindless fucks on a happyfuntimes journey that has no real purpose. They care about nothing but battling, even at the expense of anyone involved

This is 100% true, but that's pretty faithful to the games, isn't it?
>>
>>26944625
>well uh...you're just a BACKPEDALLER! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT!
Kill yourself anytime, my man.
>>
>>26944633
Thats pokemon
>>
While Paul did cause character development in one way, I feel it was the incorrect development. He should've become more mindful, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, stupid stupid stupid hahahahahahahahahahahahaha *insanity*
>>
>>26944656

He's right, though. You said shit that was demonstrably wrong and got called out for it.
>>
>>26944654
Yes, and that is why it sucks.

And your mods are children too if they touch me at all.
>>
>>26944658
>nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, stupid stupid stupid hahahahahahahahahahahahaha *insanity*

The fuck?
>>
>>26944656
But you see sir you actually were backpeddling because you said the series sucked because Ash never took down a legendary but he has defeated a Darkrai but then you said that we were only talking about X and Y
>>
>>26944658
But Paul was just Silver with a good team.
>>
>>26944678

I mean, it sounds like this may just not be the right franchise for you, then. That's fine, not everybody has to like the same things.
>>
>>26944690
>But you see sir
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: Top Percentage.png (498 KB, 608x341) Image search: [Google]
Top Percentage.png
498 KB, 608x341
>>26944656
>he c-called me on my bluff... I know "K-K-Kill yourself!"
Nice try anon, come back when you can bring up a reasonable argument
>>
>>26944700
Then they need to stop saying it's an adventure WHEN IT ISN'T ONE.
>>
>>26944309
i enjoyed it
>>
We sure get threads on this specific topic a lot these days.
>>
>>26944725

It is, it's just not the type of adventure that you're interested in. Again, that's cool, you don't have to be.
>>
>>26944739
Did no one tell you what the basic plot structure has to have? A conflict.
>>
You cant market toys from such a show
>>
File: 1405922669233.webm (3 MB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1405922669233.webm
3 MB, 400x236
>>
>>26944768
It worked for X and Y.
>>
>people bitching about how they made Charizard a gary-stu
>forgetting about the fact that they had to tell Red's whole fucking story in only 4 episodes when the ashnime gets almost a hundred per season.
>>
>>26944744

There are conflicts. There are the individual conflicts of each battle, the inherent conflict in a character trying to be the "best" at something at the expense of his rivals and other characters, and the larger conflicts when the evil teams show up.

They're low-key conflicts, to be sure. This isn't some epic series where each episode involves saving the world or something. But there is a story here.
>>
>>26944768
I know of plenty of shill shows with more substance than this.
>>
File: tumblr_mzim169qMr1r3ifxzo1_500.gif (453 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzim169qMr1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
453 KB, 500x281
How badly would he destroy Red?
>>
>>26944799
>Ash having any chance against his game counterpart
lmao
>>
>>26944799
Red has caught em all and can rotate his team
>>
>>26944789
It's not a conflict when it's clear they have the advantage, that they are always going to win. There's not even an uncertainty, it is just given. The evil teams are inconsequential to the main goal of the series, they don't count.
>>
>>26944821
Well...save for Ash. But always losing is just as bad.
>>
What people want from the anime are good battles.
The battles in the main anime are great while the battles in Origins are awful. Why would anybody want to see more of Origins?
>>
>>26944817
Implying he leveled any of them past the evolution requirements and didn't just use Charizard to beat everything else.
See the Giovanni battle
>>
>>26944918
I did and he won. So what?
>>
>>26944309
Origins is terrible. It actually made me appreciate the main anime more.
>>
>>26944938
>Missing the point this hard
>>
>>26944939
>he likes the ashnime more than Origins
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
>>26944982
>ashnime

Come on, man. That's just stupid.
>>
>>26944309
When did hating Origins become meme?
You only see pikachu on screen for like 5-6 seconds in the whole thing, that alone is an improvement.

Still want an anime adaption of the manga.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>26944309
Takeshi Shudo originally wanted the series to end after the 1st movie and have a new protagonist for every Pokemon gen; but the marketing team ultimately convinced the higher ups not to do that because ash himself is a money maker

He ultimately quit the studio because of stupid office politics and died at a subway. He was also responsible for the script of Legend of galactic heroes

Ash will continue his journey for another 100+ years. Japanese have no fucking shame in stifling innovation and bringing new things

Just look at Gamefreak and what they do to the series and how much they gimp the games. Compare that to this Chinese game which is a pipe dream, better visuals for attacks, all Pokemon, riding Pokemon, better visuals, etc

Japanese people a shit

A SHIT
>>
>>26945124
>anything Chinese
>good
>>
>>26945124
>Seriously defending a Chinese rip-off game.

Well that's a new one.
>>
>>26945139
>>26945133
It's the first time I am to be honest but that's not the point

The point is these Japanese companies are run by old men and hacks that are holding the potential back. They're really no better than Chinese and Koreans at this point.
>>
File: 1446221099085.png (605 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446221099085.png
605 KB, 1280x720
>using a team where 5 of your mons are weak to electric.
>>
>>26945225
Nice try but there were no dual types in Gen 1.
>>
>>26945276

...you know that's entirely untrue, right?

Shit, I just fell for some bait, didn't I?
>>
>>26944938
Wow you completely missed the point of that anon was trying to say.

If Red and Ash were to battle, Ash would probably come out on top since he only had the same 5 Pokemon and theyre trained unlike Red's with the exception of Charizard
>>
>>26944982
OP you sound really butthurt that no one here likes this piece of shit.

>trying to hide his insecurity with fake laughs
>>
everyone who posts that forced meme word deserves cancer in the balls
>>
File: 1465796844618.jpg (35 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
1465796844618.jpg
35 KB, 735x541
>>26945338
I bet you like the ashnime too you edgy pos. Lel.
>>
>genwunners STILL salty the world moved on past the objectively worst games

Never gets old
>>
>>26944774
>snorlax eye lasers
gets me everytime
>>
>>26944309
Origins was a step in the right direction, but I think if we ever get an anime targeted at an older audience if should be it's own world with it's own rules but follow the characters and stories from the games. Origins used game mechanics that just don't work in a real life setting, such as health bars. Ntm I'd want everything that happens to happen in real time, not glazed over.
>>
You want villains that have nothing to do with the plot?
>>
>>26945225
>5
>Not knowing how to count
>Or not knowing that Electric is not weak to itself, neither is Normal
I don't know which is worse
>>
>>26944339
Obviously if it were an anime it wouldn't be skipping large portions of the game. Also, Charizard lost against Giovanni in the first round. I agree that the gym battle was ridiculous but overall the battles shown were enjoyable and have the potential to be well done (if there was no rush for time).
>>
>>26944309
the battles fucking sucked. the animation could have been great, but everything was oneshots and they skipped the entire fucking E4 except for blastoise vs. charizard
>>
>>26945736
You mean like the ashnime (team rocket)?
>>
>>26945772
Don't play dumb with me, the game is guilty of the same thing.
>>
>>26945772
>he points team rocket
>when TF is the main villain and is getting more than just a couple of eps
>>
>>26945124
>Takeshi Shudo originally wanted the series to end after the 1st movie and have a new protagonist for every Pokemon gen; but the marketing team ultimately convinced the higher ups not to do that because ash himself is a money maker

Not true in the slightest. The series was initially scheduled to run a year and a half period, with the movie about a year into that. Plans got changed and it got turned into an eternal-runner at the last second. Had that not happened, the Kanto arc would've gone roughly the way it actually did and then the series would've concluded instead of sending Ash to the Orange Islands for filler adventures while they stalled for gen 2. Had this been the case, there would not have been a gen 2 anime at all.

Also, Shudo was not the director and none of this shit was anywhere near his call.
>>
>>26945871
it's the usual faggot spreading lies about "Shudo's greatness"
>>
>>26944397
>genwunners
This insult always makes me laugh, like, sit the fuck down little boy there's enough lucario to go around.
>>
I'll take back anything I ever said about ANYONE being able to write better than the show. I stand corrected, no one even knows how to do anything other than parrot the game letter for letter.
>>
>>26944309

Origins was worse than the main anime.

Red's other Pokemon might as well have not even existed, Charizard was the only one that mattered.
>>
>>26946221
4 EPISODES
E
P
I
S
O
D
E
S
>>
File: 1408763181271.gif (469 KB, 294x219) Image search: [Google]
1408763181271.gif
469 KB, 294x219
>>26944309
>we will never have a 100+ episode series where each game in the series gets a 12-15 episode arc that details it without cutting half the plots out
>the Ashnime will never die, forever to be reset

Do we live in the worst timeline?
>>
>>26944309
Pokemon origins is shit
>>
>>26944380
He's telling you to go to /a/ because you're a weeaboo trying to belittle people for not watching things in grorious nipponese.
>>
>>26946531
>weeaboo
Meaningless word.
>>
File: 1364633058618.png (148 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1364633058618.png
148 KB, 499x499
>>26944799
>Ash ever winning against an important character like a Champion

And nobody post that time he almost beat Diantha, because they copped out at the end of that match to make him lose, you all know that if they weren't going to let him win even if he didn't have a heart attack because he's Ash Ketchum.

I really wonder what Ashnimefags are going to use to try to defend their show after Ash loses the XY league and starts all over AGAIN.
>>
>>26946365
>we will never have a 100+ episode series where each game in the series gets a 12-15 episode arc that details it without cutting half the plots out

Mainly because it's fucking impossible, dumbass
>>
>>26946643
No it isn't. You have an episode for each Gym battle, 1-3 episodes you can dedicate solely to the villain plot, and 1-2 episodes you can dedicate to the E4/Champion fight, and that's if you only stick with 12 episodes.
>>
>>26945741
>Implying Red's Jolteon isn't weak to Electric
>>
>>26946591
>And nobody post that time he almost beat Diantha, because they copped out at the end of that match to make him lose, you all know that if they weren't going to let him win even if he didn't have a heart attack because he's Ash Ketchum.

Except he did win.
>>
>>26946679
>Electric-type moves are super effective against Electric types
Are you retarded? It's not a Dragon type.
>>
>>26946683
I could have sworn he had that heart attack before Gardevoir got KO'd, am I misremembering?
>>
>>26946673
I'd say 30-50 episodes would be better depending on the region/games the season is based on, leaves room for story elements and a couple fillers focused on little easter eggs dotted around each region
>>
>>26946673
So they magically teleport and Pokémon just show up? Sounds gay as hell.
>>
>>26946691
>He didn't watch Origins
>In an Origins thread

Par the course, really.
>>
>>26946725
That would be almost as bad as origins jumping around.
>>
>>26946740
Exactly
>>
>>26946725
Do fillers of them walking through routes really add to the story?

>>26946718
I can see this going okay if it's to flesh out the story, but we absolutely should not have filler in an adaption of an already finished story. If you put too much filler we'll end up just having Ashnime 2.0.

I can see 20-25 episodes better than 30-50. I can't think of any games with enough plot to require anywhere near 50, unless you wanted to adapt both BW1 and BW2.
>>
>>26946767
Well, while they're not prominent, some side elements do exist, I would love to see an anime that delves into the extra stuff that US never gets to see in the games like the event legendaries' stories, etc... Plus it wouldn't be hard to turn stuff like the Snorlax/Silph Co/Pokemon Tower combo would be a good 5 or more episode arc itself. Plus I would want an anime to take some liberties from the games, not straight adaptions. They could even use fillers to explore Pokemon legends/myths that we here from NPCs & the pokedex
>>
Both ashnime and red's arc sucks, one for being the same single shit every episode and the other one for not having enough episodes to ah least be a decent watch
>>
>>26944309
All I want them to do is adapt the manga into an anime. That way it's kept fresh with new protagonists with each region that are actually allowed to have lasting development, instead of the endless cycle of stale-ass Ash losing and resetting to 0 with each new region.
>>
>>26946767
>Acquiring Pokémon in a series about acquiring Pokémon is filler.

Okay.
>>
>>26946818
Origins is a special, it's not divided in episodes.
>>
File: 1467271259327.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1467271259327.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>26944397
>unovabortion sad that he's never going to get a gen 5 special
>>
>>26946851
https://youtu.be/d-X03D3tSVU
>>
>>26946866
This look Better than origins
>>
File: 1445819029901.jpg (36 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1445819029901.jpg
36 KB, 462x579
>>26944309
Out if the 4 "episodes"
>fantastic intro
>pacing & animation screeched to a fucking hault
>a blur of 1shot fests
>Wonderfully made

Could've just made 1&4 only and it would be just fine. No reason for 2&4 to be shit other than pandering & "muh budget"

But the surprise MegazardX reveal was the most hype thing that morning good lord, edgelord be damned.
>>
>>26944309
>>
File: smug_tita.png (397 KB, 457x513) Image search: [Google]
smug_tita.png
397 KB, 457x513
>people still defending origins
The main anime is horrendous, but at least the pacing isn't thrown to shit like in Origins.
>>
>>26947012
>a 2-hour special has a different pace from a 19-year-old series split in 20 or so minute episodes
W O W
O
W
>>
>>26947021
Do you think every movie ever has bad pacing?
>>
>>26946836
But do you need entire filler episodes dedicated to it?

I agree that you should take more time to show the protagonists' teams than Origins did, but you could just put 2-3 minute battle and add them to episodes where that's not the main focus, like you could show Gold running into a Sudowoodo, asking the Squirtbottle girl about it, and it attacking him after spraying it in only a few minutes, and then have enough time to still do a fleshed out Morty fight (though for this specific example you might want to dedicate an entire episode to Ecruteak just because it has so much shit to do in it).
>>
I don't know. As someone who once did the trainer fic thing, do the little distractions add anything to the story? No, they don't. They are better used as a backdrop for something else, like something important is there, or there's some kind of major battle, or you find a pokemon there.
>>
>>26946927
2&3 are shit**
>>
File: ajejej.png (159 KB, 336x295) Image search: [Google]
ajejej.png
159 KB, 336x295
>>26944397
>kill yourself faggot
>>
>>26944514
>>26944658
How old are you? Does your father know you are on 4chan?

>>26944583
It's op sperging out about the "ashime" vs. everyone else. There's nothing "divisive" about this thread.

>>26945459
This post gave me autism

>>26944656
So I guess the underages have found out about smuggies now? Fuck you they were good before you got to them.

>>26945617
He's not a genwunner. He's a memelord kid. He doesn't actually care about the anime, he just saw people calling it the "ashime" and praising origins (probably over on r/pokemon or something) and wanted to also take part in the ebin maymays so he made this thread. Case in point >>26945936, genwunners are at least more mature than that.
>>
>>26947035
Many films have bad pacing due to the medium and expectations of consumers. I especially thought Kingsmen was poorly paced by having no time for reflection and growth after the training sequence
>>
>>26944506
To be fair, Red did show a few glimpses of personality, like being clumsy enough to fall down stairs at the beginning, but between traveling alone, catching Pokemon and listening to strangers who pushed the plot along, there wasn't much time to show the less serious parts of his character.
>>
Man, even though most my favorite Pokemon are gen 1 and I have been very unhappy with the main anime I still don't like Origins. Animation sucked and the story was far too condensed. Would rather just put up with more retarded Ash.
>>
It was only good because it was older gen. If it was a current gen you would see it as pointless. Red is just as dumb as Ash. It only showed three battles completely and they weren't all that important outside of giovanni. It barely showed any of Blue's fight and he's the final boss damnit.
>>
>>26947404
This. I liked some of the momwnts in the first two episodes. But it had moments that were clearly aiming at esgy faggots like that charmander vs squirtle. What the fuck was that. But it's mature! Fuck off hearing pokemon being almost tortured isn't fun. Then the last two episodes. The last episodes is when this shit jumped the shark and turned into a fucking xy / charizard x advert. The way reds team jobs is mind blowing. Two of my bros being in his team and they are fucking trashed until Jesus lizard shows up. Fuck this.
>>
>>26944364

chesnaughtfag seal of approvement
>>
Origins was shit
>>
>>26946884
That was some awful dialogue.
>>26947196
I think Giovanni ended up having more character than Red did.
>>
File: 8f7.jpg (8 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
8f7.jpg
8 KB, 201x250
>>26944394
>Jolteon OHKO'd by thunderbolt from a rhyhorn
>following source material

Atleast the anime has the excuse of playing by it's own rules, origins doesn't.
>>
>>26949138
Origins Giovanni was probably my favorite part of it. They really characterized him in an appealing way.
>>
When Ash's Pokemon job, they at least put up a good fight before going down.

All of Red's Pokemon that weren't Charizard were fucking jokes.
>>
>>26944309
CHARIZARDWINSLOL
>>
>>26944328
Nah, Origins was just

>hey isnt charizard cool? dont forget to buy pokemon X so you can get mega charizard x
>oh also a rhyhorn can 1shot jolteon with tbolt
>>
ITT: We laugh at genwunners for being so stupid
>>
Can we please have that forced meme buzzword filtered?
>>
>>26944774
252+ SpA Rhyhorn Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Jolteon: 96-114 (103.2 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is with a Modest Rhyhorn at level 100 with max investment and ivs, and level 32 Jolteon with the lowest sp def possible.
>>
+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Rhydon Helping Hand Thunderbolt vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Jolteon: 1197-1409 (441.6 - 519.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>26951566
sorry i meant +6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Rhydon Helping Hand Thunderbolt vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Jolteon: 1392-1638 (580 - 682.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>26951572
>volt absorb
>>
>>26951615

Origins is Genwun, so abilities don't exist (but Mega Evolution does?)
>>
>>26951684
>abilities dont exist unless it's for charizard, the mary sue of pokemon
>>
>>26951465
And if we're using gen 1 mechanics...

Rhyhorn Thunderbolt vs. Jolteon: 80-95 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That's a level 100 Rhyhorn with 15 Special DVs, against a level 22 Jolteon with 0 Special DVs. Note that this is actually impossible in gen 1, since you obtain eevee at level 25.
>>
>>26951770
Bred in gen 2 and traded back to gen 1?
>>
File: joo16.png (120 KB, 481x583) Image search: [Google]
joo16.png
120 KB, 481x583
>>26945124
>and died at a subway

Pure coincidence
>>
>>26944581
You do know Ash has beaten Articuno, Regice, Darkrai, Latios, and arguably Zapdos right?
>>
>>26944309
It was a nice concept, but they watered down by making it Charizard: The Blowjob.
It's true though, the anime needs a reboot or a Gaiden series.
>>
>>26944808
>Ash's OP Greninja and team
vs
>Charizard and low leveled garbage team
lmao
>>
>>26954343
Once Ash gets past his Zard X, even his Kalos team alone would trash the rest.

The only chance Red would have is Mewtwo, and that thing got bodied by Charizard.
>>
>>26954371
that mewtwo he needed 6 pokemon to fight?
>>
>>26954371
It fought Charizard X fresh, it recovered after taking Articuno's Blizzard. All that means is, consistent with the rest of Origins, Red did a shit job of training the rest of his team and only raised his starter like five year olds playing the game did.

Ash may not have a league win under his belt, but at least he trains all of his pokemon.
>>
>>26944397
>genwunners
kill yourself faggot for using that buzzword
>>
People use the term "genwunner" as if there are actually people who don't know pokemon peaked at gen 2.
>>
>>26955189
How many Gen 2 Pokemon did you really see before revisiting Kanto, though?
>>
File: 1465851323103.png (25 KB, 134x119) Image search: [Google]
1465851323103.png
25 KB, 134x119
>>26944397
I love you little 16 year olds using that 'genwunner' term constantly. It's almost like you want to let us grown adults know what a whiny teenage bitch you are. Stay mad, retard.
>>
>>26954878
>bring lv50 Pokemon to lv70 OP legendary
>hurr why do i lose so easily
>>
The pokemon anime is and has always been complete trash. There is little to no redeeming features besides that fact it involves pokemon.

Anyone who disagrees is blinded by nostalgia and is objectively wrong.

Seriously. Considering how much they have to work with reusing the same character and storyline every single season is a fucking disgrace.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.