[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people who obviously have never played Pokemon beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1467312633588.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
1467312633588.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3507
Why do people who obviously have never played Pokemon beyond Red/Blue 20 years ago, waste their time criticizing new Pokemon?

>and, for the most part, they're all awful, with designs that are either completely unoriginal or just downright strange.

>It's literally just a box. It may have elements of a bug or a train, but it's still a box. How can a box fight? How can a box live?

>The trailer's one redeeming moment comes at the end, when the snake-like creature transforms into a robot for some reason.

Not every Pokemon has to be a super cool dragon or a cute fluffy dog to be a great design. It's amusing that the Pokemon based on the trigger fish is triggering people.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/30/12065976/pokemon-sun-moon-new-characters-bad
>>
>>26939239
So people like you spread their opinions to give them views. Seriously, why do people get so rustled about others having different opinions?
>>
>>26939239
Because we are living in a society where literally everyone has to express their opinion on everything, despite being uninformed or wrong.
>>
File: 1463022022890.jpg (90 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
1463022022890.jpg
90 KB, 750x523
>>26939296
This. And often people just think the most overally-applauded opinion is the best one to hold on to. There's a big chance you don't understand this because you're not like this.

>there were thousands of people who believed blacks were Egyptian kings because they saw it a lot posted on Twitter.
>there are people who believe good graphics = realism
>there are people who think PCs or Androids are underpowered because Apple products are better marketed or trendier
>there are people who play their non-exclusive games on consoles simply because they don't know they can do it better on a PC
>there are people who will vote to the other candidate in the US elections simply because one's portrayed as a racist because he wants to follow the laws of immigration and nothing else
>there are people who drink Whey shakes but don't lift
>there's people who will choose Popplio when Rowlett exists
>>
>>26939239
Even tumblr has been telling the verge's tumblr to heck off
>>
>>26940049
this is kind of a shitty post
>>
File: Tails.png (95 KB, 290x333) Image search: [Google]
Tails.png
95 KB, 290x333
>>26940086
>there's people who will ignore that post only because the first reply was negative
W-woah... really makes you think...
>>
>>26940049
What exactly is your image supposed to represent?
>>
File: stimpy.png (162 KB, 339x361) Image search: [Google]
stimpy.png
162 KB, 339x361
>>26939239
>le "anyone who has any complaint about new pokemon is a genwunner" meme
This needs to stop.
>>
>bitching about a Pokémon they'd hardly see anyway since it's a cocoon
Nobody bitches about Metapod or Kakuna or Silcoon or Cascoon.
>>
>>26939239

Clickbait and attention seekers tend to do whatever gives them the most attention regardless of what said object of criticism is
>>
>>26939239

>The verge

>A literal who site that's literally second most clickbait website in existance
>>
>>26940049

I'm only choosing Popplio because I already wasted 3 gens in a row on Grass and I actually like circuses otherwise I agree Rowlet is the best designed
>>
>>26939239
Because, they have nothing else to do then whine.
>>
>>26939239
>the Pokemon based on the trigger fish
It may be based on a trigger fish, but they aren't mad because of that, they're mad because it's wearing makeup and looks like a wad of cancer.
>>
>>26940220
>the snake-like creature
Those people don't know what Zygarde is called. They clearly have never played past Gen 1 or 2 or even worse, they only watched season 1 of the anime and never touched a game in their life.
>>
>>26939239
Every new Gen is called the worst gen ever and the end of pokemon. It happens every time.

The only pokemon games I have played are FRLG and Emerald. I watched the original anime and collected cards as kid but never got into the games until much later.

I love every single new pokemon design in SM and have loved SM since I saw the first trailer.

The most important thing to me is the design of the pokemon and gen 4 designs didn't do it for me. Gen 5 designs look really good but didn't motivate to get the games. Gen 6 looks about average design wise and didn't excite me.

I'm buying a 3DS solely to play this game.
>>
>>26939239
>complaining about charjabug not being realistic

k e k
>>
>>26939239
>>It's literally just a box. It may have elements of a bug or a train, but it's still a box. How can a box fight? How can a box live?
It's like they've never heard of a cocoon
>>
>>26939239
Since you don't seem to have any common sense, let me break this down for you.

Criticizing Pokemon doesn't mean you haven't played in 20 years.

Having an opinion that's different than yours doesn't make you right or others wrong. Opinions are thoughts/ideas, not facts.

There are plenty of people, both on here and not, who have played every Gen who like some and dislike other new Pokemon. Not liking every single thing Gamefreak does/has done/will ever do doesn't make you out of the loop or a "genwunner".

Fuck off back to mommy's basement. It's past your bedtime.
>>
>>26941288
It's like they never heard of Voltorb on Vanilite either
How could you fight a sphere and a ice cream
>>
I don't know why people just appreciate the fact pokemon is still expanding after all these years, it confuses me as to why anyone who hasn't played since 3rd Gen have any input to give considering they don't even play anymore but hey, what can ya do
>>
>>26941380
Criticizing new designs is always fair of course, but damn if the original 151 were shown off in doses like this after the franchise had been established people would be saying the same shit. To me it sounds like the author just doesn't like Pokemon in general. There's nothing these designs are doing that's crazy different from what you'd ever expect from the franchise. It just seems like an easy recipe for clickbait to hate on whatever is new.
>>
>>26941380
There's a strong correlation between people who have not cared about Pokemon since they were 5 and people who cry about how new Pokemon games are literally raping their childhood.
>>
>>26940049
>dumps poop
>only censor the board relevant line
MOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>26940049
>>there were thousands of people who believed blacks were Egyptian kings because they saw it a lot posted on Twitter.

There are books about this, actually. It isn't blind assertion. Actually, your thinking is flawed on this altogether because it's not even a popular theory to begin with.
>>
File: bus.jpg (82 KB, 595x404) Image search: [Google]
bus.jpg
82 KB, 595x404
>>26939239
>>
>>26943514
i like vids of AIs interacting with each other.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.