[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we have any actual confirmation that there are Gyms in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14
File: jim.png (2 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
2 KB, 120x120
Do we have any actual confirmation that there are Gyms in this game yet?

Could it be that they're actually straying from the formula for the first time ever?

With legendarys like Tapu Koko seemingly appearing quite early in the game could this really be the case? Could the story of the game be more Zelda like i.e collecting ancient artifacts/pokemon?
>>
It would be really nice if they tried something new, but I won't hold my breath
>>
>>26939209
Gyms appear on the Alola map.
>>
>expecting or even just presuming there might be a chance for change on that scale from GF

LOL famalam
>>
There's a gym in the old concept art, from the reveal trailer.
>>
I don't think there's an evil team. Maybe a terrorist
>>
well there is a different writer

maybe they're breaking away from gyms and that's why Ash will win the league this time
>>
File: 1466901844943.jpg (155 KB, 620x1134) Image search: [Google]
1466901844943.jpg
155 KB, 620x1134
>>26939304
>>
>>26939209
>collecting ancient pokemon
>4+ mandatory Legendaries in the story playthrough
>>
>>26939304
different writer? who?
>>
>>26939347
For the games, Ohmori.
>>
>>26939353
Ohmori wrote ORAS. I know that's just editing the original script, but then he did the Delta Episode, with everyone favorite, most well-written character, Zinnia.

If he strays from the game's formula I expect Reborn-tier edgy fanfiction.
>>
>>26939390
Ohmori didn't write for ORAS, a new guy named Nukita did. One other game he wrote for was Infinite Space and I've heard he wrote hentai, but that may be hearsay.
>>
>>26939209
>With legendarys like Tapu Koko seemingly appearing quite early in the game
Tapu Koko was shown in the trailer today at level 60 in what seems like the temple you battle it in. That isn't early on.
>>
>>26939240
Gyms have been distinct buildings since Gen 5, any "gym" you see on the map isn't a gym.
>>
>>26939209
>>26939521
Tapu Koko appears early, but doesn't battle you. It just shows up before you as stated by Hala.
>>
Don't be a stupid little faggot, OP. The straws are out of reach. Stop grasping.
>>
>>26939541
Well, there's a few buildings with a brown rooftop and the gym mark on the islands. Not saying that they will look like that, but they seem to indicate gyms there.
>>
>>26939209
>Pokemon
>straying from formula
You're talking about one of the most creatively bankrupt franchises in video gaming, there's a greater chance of the new Mario being a Halo clone than Pokemon abandoning gyms.

We'll get a professor, F-W-G starters, 8 gyms, an elite four, one champion and a villainous team as per always. Status quo is king.
>>
>>26939585
>You're talking about one of the most creatively bankrupt franchises in video gaming
I could think of 20 other franchises that are worse in that regard.
>>
>>26939759
name 3
>>
>>26939769
CoD
God of War
Asscreed
>>
>>26939343
>boot up PC
>deposit
>>
>>26939769
"Harvest Moon", after Natsume tried to start its own, for one.
>>
>>26939769
>Street Fighter
>GTA
>Crash Bandicoot
>Any racing game franchise outside of Kart racers
>>
>>26939803
You say that like it makes it any better. Yeah, I deposited that Lati@s in ORAS as soon as I got it but it still pissed me off that they did it in the first place. Doing that four times might make me stop playing the game.
>>
>>26939826
Harvest Moon has been creatively bankrupt whether it's Marvelous or Natsume

If anything Natsume is less so of the two, and that's just sad
>>
>>26939862
Sounds like you need to grow up.
>>
>>26939883
Not liking the game to baby me is me being immature?
>>
File: 1435841071231.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1435841071231.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>26939875
>If anything Natsume is less so of the two
>Natsume
>creative
>at all
>>
>>26939862
>Being this autistic
Laughing at your life senpai. Just enjoy the games, bro. Enjoy as the 8 year old version of yourself would've enjoyed them.
>>
>>26939787
Out of all the asinine video game franchises we have you picked the two that just got a revamp and Assassin's Creed which has done multiple different things within its own series.

Literally the worst examples you could have picked compared to "8 Gyms & No Challenge: The Experience"
>>
>>26939904
That's why it's so sad.
>>
>>26939907
>just turn your brain off duuude!

No.
>>
>>26939902
No, but being offended by a game aimed towards small children and made with them in mind treats the player like a small child is.
>>
>>26939939
Not him but they show Tapu Koko being fought at level 60 in a special shrine dedicated to it.

It seems likely they'll be lategame/postgame battles and not handed to you.
>>
File: 1452588600490.png (2 MB, 1680x3237) Image search: [Google]
1452588600490.png
2 MB, 1680x3237
>>26939981
So it's more mature to put on the baby bib and be spoonfed?
>>
>>26939209
dude legendaries appear at the beginning of like 3 gens.
>>
>>26939913
>Out of all the asinine video game franchises we have you picked the two that just got a revamp and Assassin's Creed which has done multiple different things within its own series.
You do realise that doing something "different" isn't being creative right? No wonder you think Pokemon is creatively bankrupt, you don't know what it even means.
Most of the games that come out nowadays are just rehashing elements from different games which is why GoW now looks more like TLoU and feels just as sluggish.

As for Asscreed, literally every game is the same but in a different setting. There's barely anything that sets them apart and it's laughable that anyone would say otherwise.

That's how bad it is with those games.

If you don't like those you can always have
The Souls series
The Elder Scrolls/Fallout. Let's be honest here though I could probably just put any current open world game.
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Sonic the Hedgehog
Gran Turismo
Mario
Musou in general
>>
File: Fuck this.gif (3 MB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this.gif
3 MB, 300x215
>>26939913
>he thinks parkour and slower gameplay is something new
If this is who the companies are pandering to then there's no hope.
>>
>>26939939
>Being this much of a whiny bitch
Why the fuck do you need the game to be complex or different than the previous installments? It is a children's game first and foremost, so you should maybe, just maybe, try to see it from that perspective. If you can;t appreciate it for what it is then you might as well not play it all.
>>
>>26939902
>Not liking the game to baby me is me being immature?
Considering you're complaining about a game where you're meant to tailor your own gameplay?
Yes you are.
>>
>>26940107
>Why the fuck do you need the game to be complex or different than the previous installments?

I don't, I just don't want it to continue to get simpler and more casual, like it did in XY. It is a game primarily aimed at children, but it's turning from a game aimed at children to a game aimed at infants. That so many people on /vp/ seem to defend this and anything else Game Freak could conceivably do in the future just baffles me.

It's like the "everyone should love every Gen equally and every Pokémon equally and if you don't you need to LEAVE!" tripfag from last year (I can't even remember their name) put something in the water to get people to unironically agree with him, we went from rightfully bashing GF when they did something wrong to defending it with "it's a kid's game, why do you care, you're a baby if you care about the games getting easier"

/vp/ has changed for the worse.
>>
>>26940175
I don't really know why you want the games to be hard. The games were never meant to be a challenge, but you can make them challenging for yourself. Just saying man, the game gives you enough options to pull of some challenges, and that you decide to ignore them is your own problem. Also

>m-muh sekrit klub has been taken over by le rebbit
Grow up you autistic fuck, you're posting on a vietnamese knitting board about a chinese cockfighting game.
>>
>>26940175
>That so many people on /vp/ seem to defend this and anything else Game Freak could conceivably do in the future just baffles me.
That's because it literally doesn't matter, the aspect that appeals to the rest of us will always be there because it's a core aspect to Pokemon.

>/vp/ has changed for the worse.
And quite frankly you're part of the problem seeing as you're complaining about this shit.

Also Pokemon was casual from the very start, it was designed to be easy and accessible to the youngest of children and Gen 1 still stands as the easiest Pokemon game.
>>
>>26940219
>m-muh sekrit klub

Only people that are actually, literally from Reddit ever use this phrase.

And as I said, being aimed at children does not mean it's aimed at infants. Compare a game like Platinum to XY. Platinum is not a hard game but if you compare it to XY it's a completely different ballpark. You can play Platinum as an adult and enjoy it without putting 50 different stipulations to your gameplay in a desperate attempt to squeeze the slightest amount of fun from the game or being forced to play a difficulty hack.
>>
>>26940257
Same can be said for XY. You can totally enjoy the game as an adult, but I guess that's too foreign of a concept for you to grasp. Have you considered that maybe you're just burned out of the games right now?
>>
>>26940253
Are you really going to fucking claim that the people that don't swallow Game Freak's thick, chunky semen are the people with /vp/? Do you really need it to be a hugbox that bad?

I think the biggest reason I've grown so cynical isn't just Gen VI being the worst thing in the franchise, I think it's because of "fans" like you who almost seem to want the games to get worse out of spite.
>>
Every Gen:
>maybe they'll do different types for the starters
>maybe there's in gyms/elite 4
>maybe there's no evil team
>maybe we'll be able to go back to a previous region

How many times has /vp/ been right about GF shaking up the formula?
>>
>>26940286
>Have you considered that maybe you're just burned out of the games right now?

When I first played XY it was the first playthrough of any game I played since BW2 was released the year before. I've actually been playing more Pokémon since by replaying older games, and I enjoy them a lot more than I enjoyed XY (which is to say I actually enjoy the older games).
>>
>>26940257
>Only people that are actually, literally from Reddit ever use this phrase.
You do realise it's been a phrase long before all of this Reddit fear mongering shit right?

Hell, I remember people saying it during the various TV reports. This shit ain't new.

>You can play Platinum as an adult and enjoy it without putting 50 different stipulations to your gameplay
That tells us a lot more about you rather than the games themselves. Especially since Platinum wasn't too different aside from the fewer handouts, and yes, fewer seeing as they still occurred in that game.
Aside from that you can just blitz the game like you would any other.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1 MB, 3308x1566) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1 MB, 3308x1566
>>26940312
>Platinum wasn't too different

Just compare the rosters of the Gym Leaders.
>>
>>26940301
What was your first game man? To me it seems like Gen 6 had the same effect on people that started around gen 3 as Gen 3 did for people that started on gen 1.
>>
>>26940348
Technically I started with Blue but I'm a Johtotoddler at heart, Silver was the first game I really got into as a kid.
>>
>>26940336
I see three mon up until the last two leaders.
Those two leaders having filler mon that aren't good in the slightest, I mean why didn't they at least give Candace Weavile and Volkner Rotom or something?

E4 teams are pretty pathetic too.

What's your point again?
>>
>>26940360
Don't really know what to tell you man. Back when XY was released, in fact, when BW2 was released I was fucking burned out of the games. I've waited years to play a new game, and SM just looks like what I've been waiting for since I was kid. Maybe it's just that I haven't had a new experience in a while, but for me the games have always been better when I enjoy them as I did when I was young. Just going around with my team, catching what I thought was cool and just doing shit in game. Hopefully SM will deliver on that aspect, don't really care if there is another free Lucario or whatever, I just want to play and enjoy the game.
>>
>>26940290
>Do you really need it to be a hugbox that bad?
Hold up, what the fuck in my post indicated I wanted a hugbox?
Are you fucking retarded or something?

No, hugboxes are unbearable for the most part but the current state of /vp/ isn't any better where people like you are complaining about the wrong aspects of the game an generally shitposting just to get a reaction out of people as well as forcing your shitty little memes.

>I think it's because of "fans" like you who almost seem to want the games to get worse out of spite.
>worse
You're kidding right?
This is what I mean about complaining about the wrong aspects. You're too busy going on about MUH MAIN GAME CASUALIZATION to realise that GF is cutting down on alternative content and throwing in useless gimmick after gimmick starting from gen 4.

How about you fuck off because you clearly don't give a flying fuck about pokemon any more.
>>
File: cyrus and lysandre.png (194 KB, 1334x672) Image search: [Google]
cyrus and lysandre.png
194 KB, 1334x672
>>26940377
Well they didn't give Candice Weavile because that's Cyrus's ace.

>What was your point again?
That you'll defend anything, including XY's E4.

I'll just leave this image here too.

>>26940450
>Hold up, what the fuck in my post indicated I wanted a hugbox?

It was the part where you want everyone to shut up and just turn their brains off and "enjoy the games like children" even though children have low standards, and acting like you have to like the direction the games are going in to be a "real" fan, or else we, in your own words, "clearly don't give a flying fuck about Pokémon anymore."

>>26940426
Honestly, XY just didn't let you simply play the game with all its railroading and cutscenes. The entire time I felt I was on a completely linear path, and it made the handouts even worse, especially the Lucario one because of all the dickriding they gave it prior to the handout. I don't mind handouts as a principle, I just hate how common they are and the specific way they're given to you, especially them forcing Lati@s down your throat in ORAS.

Maybe I'd be more optimistic if Gen VI didn't have Masuda talking about how much he doesn't care about the older fans. I do hope you get something you enjoy, though, you seem alright compared to the other people in this thread.
>>
>>26939209
The official Pokemon Facebook posted a question 'What pokemon should a fairy gym leader use?' Which is a pretty blatant hint there will be a fairy gym.
>>
>>26940517
>you seem alright compared to the other people in this thread.
I was the one who said you should try to enjoy the game like a child. Don't know if that changes your perception at all.
>>
>>26940517
>It was the part where you want everyone to shut up and just turn their brains off and "enjoy the games like children"
So you are fucking retarded then, because I'm not even that anon. Pay attention, jackass.

>and acting like you have to like the direction the games are going in to be a "real" fan, or else we, in your own words, "clearly don't give a flying fuck about Pokémon anymore."
The problem is that you're more interested in the superficial main game which literally doesn't fucking matter at all. It could be about fucking a space goat into the nth dimension while Zool moonwalks past and it still wouldn't matter because everything else remains untouched.
We can still explore the region.
We can still battle and trade with our friends.
We can still capture pokemon.
Everything that we like is still there and will never be removed in the main games because it would cease to be Pokemon at that point. Meanwhile you're too busy whining about "CASUALS!" to actually have some god damn fun for once.
>>
>>26940543
>spoiler

Huh. You're still alright, and I guess I misunderstood you now that you elaborated.

I have a younger sibling, he was 13 when ORAS released, and I had him play Emerald a few months before ORAS, and he didn't like ORAS half as much as Emerald after playing both. I think even children can tell the games are getting worse if they've played older entries, though people who have only played XY and ORAS and nothing else (like a good chunk of /vp/ these days) probably can't notice.

>We can still explore the region.
Unova and Kalos are pretty bad regions, though I like Gen V despite that. That aspect of the games has worsened in the past five years.

>We can still capture pokemon.
No fucking shit, dude.

By your logic here, Pokémon can never ever ever get bad no matter what shit Game Freak pulls.
>>
>>26940613
Everything from ">We can still explore the region" was meant for >>26940578
>>
>>26940517
>Well they didn't give Candice Weavile because that's Cyrus's ace.
And?
It shouldn't have been his ace to begin with, either way there's nothing that says it can't be his ace and be on someone else's team.

>That you'll defend anything, including XY's E4.
Dude, you're complaining that a team doesn't have any filler on it.
Take your image for example, while I can't say anything about Lysandre's team as pathetic as two incomplete movesets are what the hell are Houndoom and Honchkrow going to do to anyone's team unless they purposely gimp themselves?
I think the only ones there that would put up a semi decent fight would be the Weavile and Crobat given the speed factor. And I say semi decent because unless they get a lucky crit they aren't going to be taking anything out.
>>
File: dreamer.jpg (12 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
dreamer.jpg
12 KB, 400x250
>>26939585
I've always wanted ice / psychic / electric starters...
I know it will never happen, but I can dream though.
>>
File: 080.png (23 KB, 348x353) Image search: [Google]
080.png
23 KB, 348x353
>>26940517
>Lysandre's incomplete sets
This really bothered me about XY, because I know for a fact that they actually put some thought into some NPC sets. The Black Belts and Battle Girls in Reflecting Cave and elsewhere have custom sets with level-appropriate coverage, and are coded to use the most effective moves against the player. In most games they just gave NPCs level-up movesets and called it a day. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY PUT IN EFFORT ON THE ROUTE TRASH IF THEY WERE JUST GOING TO HALF-ASS THE SERIOUS BATTLES? It makes no sense.
>>
>>26940613
>That aspect of the games has worsened in the past five years.
Except it hasn't?
Even BW Unova has more explorable areas than say Johto or Kanto maybe even Hoenn.
Black and White 2 Unova pretty much blows everything else out of the water exploration wise.
As for Kalos stacked up against that it does certainly feel underwhelming coming off of Unova 2 but it certainly has it's fair share of areas to traverse.

>No fucking shit, dude.
Then what the fuck are you complaining about?
Every important aspect of pokemon is still there and can't change without risking a huge change in the formula.

>Pokémon can never ever ever get bad no matter what shit Game Freak pulls.
Of course it can you jackass, just not in the way you're saying it is. The main game is literally throwaway trash that will never matter or affect how good the game is.

If they were to change things by changing the battle system to ATB, made it as straight forward as a platformer and only introduced 5 new pokemon per game then yes it would be bad.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>26940694
I reckon it was done towards the end of development and they just went
>fuck it, this'll do I just want this to be over with
>>
>>26940637
Please point to the filler on any of the Platinum E4's teams.

Also throwing this out there. Just look at Diantha's Gardevoir.

>>26940712
Unova is literally a circle. Kalos is literally a zigzag line.

BW2 Unova was a major improvement over Unova at least, I'll give you that.

>Then what the fuck are you complaining about?

I'm saying that just being able to catch Pokémon is not enough to make a game good. Hell, the Colosseum games are some of my favorites and there are barely any Pokémon to catch in those games.

>The main game is literally throwaway trash that will never matter or affect how good the game is.

Well there's no postgame either in Gen VI and probably won't be there in Gen VII either, so if the main game is throwaway trash and the postgame is nonexistent, what do the games have that make them worth spending $40 on? If Sun and Moon end up being as bad as XY, what benefit do I gain from purchasing them, as opposed to just playing Showdown?
>>
>>26940787
>Please point to the filler on any of the Platinum E4's teams.

Vespiquen
Golem, Whiscash
Houndoom, Flareon Although with the lack of Fire types who can blame them
Mr.Mime
Roserade, Milotic

These are Pokemon that will NEVER make a difference to a team unless you're an absolutely horrendous player.

>Also throwing this out there. Just look at Diantha's Gardevoir.
Yes and?
That's like saying look at Barry's Torterra and Rapidash and saying everything is shit.
>>
File: 1409509174930.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409509174930.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>26940859
Holy shit you're ACTUALLY defending Black Writ Diantha

I can't even take you seriously now.
>>
>>26940885
So wait, just because one is shit the other can't be too?
What kind of backwards logic is that?
>>
>>26940899
Anon, Barry has some of the best teams in the franchise, if you can't see that I just can't take you seriously, you have to have some kind of impairment.

I mean yes, there's no "hard" trainer in the franchise because of how easy it is to minmax your team, but I'm talking relative difficulty, Barry is one of the best.

And all those Pokémon on the E4 are fully evolved. Not every Pokémon is OU but five fully evolved Pokémon > four fully evolved Pokémon.
>>
>>26940931
>Barry has some of the best teams in the franchise
You're kidding right.

Look at that Staraptor, that Rapidash, that Torterra. They're utterly pathetic.
Slightly better than Diantha but slightly doesn't cut it.

Is this a Sinnohfetus thing or something?

>And all those Pokemon on the E4 are fully evolved
>implying this matters
They're fully evolved but they're never going to make a difference in a battle unless it's your first game and aren't accustomed to the mechanics they're only there just for the sake of padding.
>>
>>26940973
I'm not a Sinnohfetus, but Platinum is like universally agreed to have the best difficulty curve, even if some people dislike the game for other reason.

What would you consider to be a good team, if your standards are so ironically high for someone defending Gen VI?
>>
>>26940787
>Unova is literally a circle. Kalos is literally a zigzag line.
Yes? And they still had areas on the side as well as hidden nooks and crannies. Do you just blitz through these games or do you actually play them?
No wonder you think the games are getting worse if that's the case, you're seeing them more as a chore than a game at this point. I'll say it again, have some damn fun for once.

> Hell, the Colosseum games are some of my favorites and there are barely any Pokémon to catch in those games.
It's good to know that your priorities lie in shallow storytelling as opposed to actual gameplay. Colosseum was fucking easy and short, the only redeeming thing about it was Miror B and the fact that they used double battles.

>Well there's no postgame either in Gen VI and probably won't be there in Gen VII either
Way to already set yourself up for disappointment. Have you ever thought that you may be the problem here? Just throwing that out here.

>so if the main game is throwaway trash and the postgame is nonexistent
But not the multiplayer
Exploration
Capturing
And whatever other content they have on top like the side games they've had since gen 3.

>as opposed to just playing Showdown?
Then play on showdown exclusively, maybe you'll actually learn about what you like because it certainly isn't Pokemon.
>>
File: Wally.png (135 KB, 772x518) Image search: [Google]
Wally.png
135 KB, 772x518
>>26941008
>but Platinum is like universally agreed to have the best difficulty curve
I've never seen anyone else say that outside of /vp/ and more often than not it's a Sinnohfetus that claims tedium is the same is difficulty that says that and on my last Platinum run it took me a few days to finish because it felt extremely sluggish.

> if your standards are so ironically high for someone defending Gen VI?
Roserade aside, this is the current best NPC team. The fact that Barry only has a fucking Sitrus berry on one of his weakest pokemon is inexcusable.
>>
>>26939209
>With legendarys like Tapu Koko seemingly appearing quite early in the game could this really be the case
>Pixies in Gen 4
>Victini in Gen 5
>>
>>26941082
This is /vp/ people like to jump to the worst case scenario every time, partly to shitpost and partly because they genuinely believe the game is going to turn into handouts every route.
>>
>>26939209
You have to battle the guardians to progress but they are not catchall until the postgame. There are gyms, harder than normal, but they aren't required to progress the story
>>
>>26941082
Don't forget the beasts in Gen II, you see them before the fourth gym.
>>
>>26941030
>Exploration
>Capturing

Exploration is part of the main games you donut, and capturing is literally a mechanic. That's like saying Mario games will always be good as long as you can jump.

>Do you just blitz through these games or do you actually play them?

I put at least 100 hours into Y before beating the Champion, though I can't find my cart to get the exact number. It also took me ten months to finish it because I kept stopping and starting due to how little fun I was having.

>It's good to know that your priorities lie in shallow storytelling as opposed to actual gameplay.

The double battles give it some of the best gameplay in the series. Why would you assume I care about story when I hate XY, the game that shoves the most story down your throat?

>maybe you'll actually learn about what you like because it certainly isn't Pokemon

Are you the guy who spams "POKEMON IS ABOUT CATCHING AND EXPLORING AND IF YOU AREN'T PLAYING SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT YOU AREN'T A REAL FAN" in the periodic thread? You sound just like him.
>>
File: 0618160125-1.jpg (2 MB, 2814x1777) Image search: [Google]
0618160125-1.jpg
2 MB, 2814x1777
We know for a fact it's got a champion because of the dude who gives you the totem in xy. Follows that if there's a champion, there's gyms and an elite 4.

I wouldn't mind an alternate scenario though. Like maybe instead of gyms, you have to have special ceremonial battles to please the island protectors and then once you beat the champion, you're worthy to take on Solgaleo/Lunala.
>>
>>26939304
>>26939347
>>26939353
>>26939390
>>26939435
Ohmori is the director of Sun/Moon, and was for ORAS. That basically means he's in charge of the overall feel of the game and making all the parts coherent by directing the writers, artists, programmers, composers, etc to fit his vision. So he'll tell the writer a general idea if what he wants the story to be, and the writer comes back with a script that gets rewritten based on editorial notes. Then the designers make the levels based on ohmori's vision and the storyline. Etc etc

Producers are basically managers that make sure everything that is above ohmori's head is handled.
>>
>>26941168
>Exploration is part of the main games you donut
Except it isn't jackass. It's the game as a whole neither main nor post. The main game is strictly the story segments.

> though I can't find my cart to get the exact number.
You do realise even with the cart it wouldn't be proof of your claims right?

>Why would you assume I care about story when I hate XY, the game that shoves the most story down your throat?
>colosseum
>touted as one of the better stories in Pokemon
It certainly isn't anything else.
While the double battles are nice they're still affected by the regular pokemon issues of ease. That said, they were a bit harder than the regular games.

>"POKEMON IS ABOUT CATCHING AND EXPLORING AND IF YOU AREN'T PLAYING SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT YOU AREN'T A REAL FAN"
There's a guy like that?
But seriously though if you care about the main game to the point of ignoring the rest of the shit that's either the same or been vastly improved why are you even still playing the games? Shit doesn't make any sense at all.
Like you said just go and play showdown because without the rest of this shit the main game is literally as worthless as a campaign mode in a shooter.
>>
>>26939803

Makes resetting for them a bitch. Would rather the game let me catch them whenever I want too.

>TFW didn't know ORAS made syncronize work on gift Pokemon.

That Latios is forever shit as a resort of forced legendaries plus me being uninformed I suppose
>>
>>26941071

That team is only fightable if you get a facility trophy so I don't count it. Only teams you're expected to fight without competitive Pokemon should count for in game shit.
>>
>>26941338
>That team is only fightable if you get a facility trophy so I don't count it
Why wouldn't you count it? Seems like a really stupid thing to do.

>Only teams you're expected to fight without competitive Pokemon should count for in game shit.
So basically you won't allow it because it's too good.
>>
>>26941289
>You do realise even with the cart it wouldn't be proof of your claims right?

Well I could take a screenshot with HANS (or at least I think I can, they show your completion time in the HoF don't they?), but I guess you could argue I edited my save so it's moot.

Exploration is absolutely the main game. There are a couple postgame-only areas I guess but the entire game, when you're not battling, is exploring.

>There's a guy like that?

Yeah. He's more obnoxious than you, though, and he has bad grammar.

>why are you even still playing the games?

I enjoy things like the Battle Frontier, I enjoy in-game battles when they aren't complete shit (I've been playing a lot of ROMhacks recently that up the difficulty compared to standard games, it's really been scratching my itch, at least if Sun and Moon has a difficulty curve as bad as XY's someone will fix it with hacks), and the music of most games is good, though Gen VI's as a whole was mediocre, both the new songs in XY and the meh rearrangements of ORAS. "Multiplayer" is better on Showdown than with a cart which is why I don't factor it in buying a new game.
>>
>>26941387
>I enjoy in-game battles when they aren't complete shit
That's the problem, for the most part they've always been complete and utter shit. How anyone can like the battles in the main game is beyond me.

The battle facilities are another thing altogether however.

>"Multiplayer" is better on Showdown
Not really because you're limited to battles.
>>
>>26941434
>you're limited to battles

And?

The only time I ever trade with people is when I'm completing the Pokédex, and even then I usually just use the GTS.
>>
>>26941452
>trade
So you never do any of the side games with your friends and such?

No secret bases, contests, entralink, Pokeathlon whatever else has been in the games over the years. None of that?
>>
>>26941467
Okay, so I did do the Pokéathlon with friends, you're right. Secret bases required record mixing in Gen 3, though, which we never bothered with. None of my friends played Gen 5 because it's polarizing and all, and Contests were always too simple for me to enjoy.

HGSS was a good time to be a Pokémon fan, all my normalfag friends who left the series when Pokémania ended came back for that game out of nostalgia, it was like a mini-Pokémania resurgeance.
>>
>>26941500
>it was like a mini-Pokémania resurgeance
I wish. I mean I have friends that play pokemon, but there's only three of us so with things like Contests it feels a bit off.
Hopefully one of my other friends picks up S&M so we can have a full battle royale.
>>
>>26941528
Oh, I meant the end of Gen 4 was specifically a mini-Pokémania, it all died down after BW1 came out and all the normalfags got scared off from not being able to catch Pikachu.
>>
>>26941536
Yeah but there were still the gen 4 contests.
They weren't as deep mechanically as the Gen 3 one but they were alright for the most part.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.