[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Magnezone's typing >Ferrothorn's ability Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: CmTv5UeUMAADaFs[1].jpg (35 KB, 504x265) Image search: [Google]
CmTv5UeUMAADaFs[1].jpg
35 KB, 504x265
>Magnezone's typing
>Ferrothorn's ability

Does this have potential to at least be better than the other Pikaclones?
>>
>>26937901
Hopefully it evolves. Probably won't, but it'd be cool if it did. Can't imagine it's going to be very bulky. Probably high special attack
>>
>>26937901
>obligatory shit stats
>raped by EQ
>Most likely will be outclassed by Pachirisu

probably not
>>
Judging from the previous Pikaclones, Togedemaru's mostly likely gonna have a BST somewhere between 405-430 range. All other Pikaclones are in PU, so we'll see if its typing and ability are enough to bump it up to NU.
>>
>>26937901
Hopefully it evolves. Probably won't, but it'd be cool if it did. Can't imagine it's going to be very bulky. Probably high special attack
>>
>>26937920
>as long as there's good speed and bulk, it's very usable, magneton is usable already too, this thing will be faster
>what is a baloon
>he thinks pachirisu is good
lmao vp most brilliant minds right here can't stop laughing holy shit
>>
>>26937901
Possibly. It doesn't have the typing and probably doesn't have the stats to backup Iron Barbs, but Iron Barbs is still solid in general. Lightning Rod is fairly standard but still good. Unlike Ferrothorn though its a free earthquake kill and it doesn't get to resist water either.

It's basically going to boil down to whether it is special or physical, and movesets. Things like Spiky Shield, Spikes/Toxic Spikes and Follow Me could give it some amazing tools to play around with, and would definitely make it better than Emolga. If it's special then yeah, I could see it being better than Raichu and Pachirisu.

Iron Barbs - Stealth Rock/Nuzzle/Parabolic Charge/Spiky Shield would be a dream singles set, with either gyro ball or electro ball being viable depending on which speed it gets
Lightning Rod - Fake Out/Nuzzle/Follow Me/Spiky Shield would be annoying shit for doubles and great support for rain/electric weak teams and Iron Barbs would still be good

There's potential, moreso in doubles. But Pikaclones aren't exactly known for being good.
>>
>>26938207
>It doesn't have the typing
nigga electric steel is an amazing typing
>>
>>26938202

>>what is a baloon

something that gets popped
>>
>>26938240
shit man heatran is so horrible with ballon amirite?
>>
>>26937917
>Pikaclone
>Evolving
>Ever

Heck, not even pikachu evolves in the head of the developers.
>>
>>26938224
For what? Electric/Steel hits neutral coverage on a lot of things but is completely walled by other steel and electric types and is pathetic against grass, ground and fire. All of these being common types. Special electric/steel is slightly worse off as well since its easier to wall than physical electric/steel. Magnezone's saving grace is Magnet Pull being beautiful with Hidden Power fire, which this clone doesn't get to use.

Obviously on the defensive side, its above average. But its super weak to earthquake without taking away a balloon from a better pokemon, fire is its bane and we don't know if it will have the stats to tank and punish fighting types like the other iron barbs user. Not to mention unlike ferrothorn it doesn't get the water resistance, so depending on stats it might not even get a chance to be useful versus one of the types its actually good against.

Electric/Steel is good, like pretty much everything X/Steel is good. But its not amazing.
>>
Still do not fucking understand why Pikaclones exist and why they're not allowed to evolve.
>>
>>26938885
I feel if it gets atleast decent physical bulk and some health, it'll be able to be atleast RU with some Rocky Helmet strats and access to Volt Switch. Its actually a really good combo; the Rocky Helmet is effectively a checkmate to physical attackers and forces a switch and the Volt Switch gives you switch advantage. I don't think there are other Iron Barb/Rocky Helmt mons which get a phasing move as well. This might have a place if it gets good stats.

I swear if they don't give it Volt Switch for some stupid reason I'll be so mad.
>>
>>26939042
98%+ of Electric-types all get Volt Switch, so you can be certain on that.

Physical bulk and reasonably good stat distribution, however, is another can of worms entirely and we should probably prepare for another PU entry.
>>
>>26939089
That's what I'm expecting, honestly. I'm just speculating about how great a combo like this could be with a pokemon not destined to be shit by design.
>>
>>26938207

Plusle and minun were built for doubles and do pretty good as long as they are together
>>
>>26939188
>Pretty good
For the single player maybe
>>
>>26938202
Magneton gets Eviolite
>>
>>26937901
No because it's fucking ugly and nothing with such shitty aesthetic could ever be viable.
>>
>>26939030
Because Pikachu-kami doesn't either, evolve, silly :^)
>>
File: Forces_of_Nature_Sugimori[1].png (296 KB, 796x350) Image search: [Google]
Forces_of_Nature_Sugimori[1].png
296 KB, 796x350
>>26939383
>nothing with such shitty aesthetic could ever be viable
>>
>>26939030

Pikaclones exist to print money. They're often marketed together with Pikachu.

They don't evolve because they don't want a repeat of the Raichu situation. Had they known what a success Pikachu would be, they wouldn't have made Raichu.
>>
>>26939400
>best trio aesthetic in 6 gens
What's your point, anon?
>>
>>26937901
The stats and movepool will be what makes it or breaks it. The retards ITT spouting rhetoric are not to be trusted by any means.

>Heatran is 2x weak to Earthquake, automatically trash!!!!
>>
>>26939030
Marill was allowed to evolve.
>>
>>26938262
Probably because Raichu was a mistake.
>>
>>26939030
>Still do not fucking understand why Pikaclones exist
To show off new game mechanic/gimmick/selling point.

>and why they're not allowed to evolve
Hell if I know. Even though that was Pikachu's thing (evolution stones), it doesn't mean the others couldn't evolve just by leveling up.
>>
>>26939562
How did Pachirusu and Emolga show off their games' mechangic/gimmick/selling point?
>>
>>26939512
I'm one of those people who also consider Marill to be Johto's Pikaclone, since I doubt Pichu would count, being from the same evolutionary family and all.

>>26939460
The Legendary Beasts called
>>
>>26939618

Pichu: Breeding
Plusle/Minun: Double battles
Pachirisu: Gender differences
Emolga: Rustling grass
Dedenne: Fairy type
>>
>>26939628
Oh yeah. I forgot that Pachirisu had gender differences and that rustling grass existed. I got the others though.
>>
So far this has become my favorite pikaclone. While I have started to like the rest overtime, this will probably be the first one I plan to use in game.

That said electric types in general are renown for having pretty terrible move pools. Electriver does well, if only because standing on two legs and being large usually helps expand your move pool (thankfully being a physical attacker means the punches and earthquake aren't wasted). And apparently manetric blew someone at gf in order to get flamethrower because outside of that the best you would usually get is signal beam.

Considering dedenne didn't even get dazzling gleam, we could be in trouble. He'll dedenne was one of the few pikaclones who looked like they would have decent stats which most don't. I love the silver hedgehog, but despite the positives I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>26937970
Eh, if they go full minmax on its ass it could be good but I know they won't.
>>
>>26939628
Togedemaru: ? ? ?
>>
>>26939713
>>>>considering Dedenne didn't even get Dazzling Gleam

I'm STILL mad

holy fuck how do you make a fairy type but only give it ONE fairy type move, and A PHYSICAL move?

>hidden power fairy doesnt even exist
>>
>>26937901
>tfw it cucks spiky shield from both ferroseed and roselia's line
I assume it will have a form of recovery like every pikaclone too, see Wish or maybe even Slack Off and Parabolic Charge.

It's a good shitmon for shitmon tiers honestly, I mean, it's not Dustox or Delibird or Bastiodon by its type and abilities alone.
The coverage will be probably its only main problem.

Seriously tho, hope they will upgrade Ferroseed and Roselia with Spiky Shield.
>>
>>26940104
Is it really too much to ask for a Pokemon with both Iron Barbs and Spiky Shield?

I see that Iron Barbs is clearly a Steel-specific ability, but can't the numerous spiky Grass-types get an equivalent?
>>
File: 1419626091743.jpg (37 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1419626091743.jpg
37 KB, 177x278
Post yfw Togedemaru ends up not getting Flash Cannon or any other decently powered steel stab
>>
>>26940191

7.3 lbs Heavy Slam and Gyro Ball :^)
>>
>>26939228
magneton uses scarf
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (10 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
10 KB, 400x240
>>26939756
This Gen's main focus will be moves so probably that. Maybe it'll have early access to Pikachu Beamu.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.