[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please explain the Normal type. What does it represent? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 695Heliolisk.png (83 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
695Heliolisk.png
83 KB, 475x475
Please explain the Normal type.

What does it represent?

Why the fuck is this thing Normal?
>>
>>26936169
Because its normie trash, just like you.
>>
>>26936169
This one kinda confuses me, but with Pyroar and Drampa they kinda ~feel~~ like Normal types. Can't quite explain.
>>
>>26936184
>normie
The irony, newfag.
>>
STAB
>>
>>26936169
The real mystery is why Skiddo and Gogoat AREN'T part Normal. They're just like Sawsbuck and Deerling, my mom's goats but with plants.
>>
>>26936169

I say there should not be a normal type. this would allow for more interesting pokemon to be designed
>>
>>26936169
They're like, you know, normal.
>>
>>26936190
>~

>>26936204
>my mom's
Too many underage on here today.
>>
>>26936199
Congrats, you know a buzzword.
>>
>>26936184
>Normie
Oh wow, you've strayed awfully far from /r9k/, friend
>>
>>26936190
Pyroar is at least based on a mammal, like most normal types that aren't part flying. And the exceptions like Porygon, Castform and Kecleon are probably normal just because they can change types. Same for Arceus and Ditto.

No idea about Helioptile/lisk, Drampa and Dusnparce though.
>>
It denotes an all-roundedness of sorts. That's why they have the best movepools on average, and the Clefairy line-notable for using Metronome-was Normal type until Gen VI.
>>
>>26936222
try harder
>>
The issue with all the normal/something types is that normal types almost always have really good movepools, but the normal dual types never have access to the good normal type movepools.
The lizard and lion both have the shitty movepools that electric and fire types always have
>>
Human-lover type
>>
>>26936169
>Why the fuck is this thing Normal?
Because Game Freak is going down a checklist of all the unused Normal type combos right now.
>>
>>26936169

Why yes, that you even feel the need to not only ask but to make a thread well that makes you a normie
>>
>>26936255
I wouldn't say so with Heliolisk considering it has access to Surf and Grass Knot, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, and more. Pyroar, on the other hand, I have to agree with you there.
>>
>>26936169
It can't generate electricity on its own or directly absorb electricity like all the pure Electrics.

Also they didn't want Gen 6 to have a negative amount of Normal types added due to the retcons.
>>
>>26936322
Normal types are shit anyway. No one would even care
>>
>>26936280
Pyroar is Normal because it's brown.
>>
>>26936339
>Normal types are shit
How so?
>>
>>26936339
This. Literally Arceus and Mega-Mom are the only Normal type pokemon worth using. Maybe the Chansey Line.
>>
>>26936365
Not only are they weak shitmons but they are normal which means they are not special, they're just lame. They have no special theme, aesthetic or characteristic like other types do, no symbolism, no myths or history. They are worthless filler type.
>>
>>26936370
>Forgetting Snorlax, Mega Lopunny, Porygon-Z, Staraptor, Braviary, Diggersby, Meloetta, Ambipom, and the many other great normal types

>>26936408
That's blatantly not true about the no "special theme," and saying they're filler and shitmon is an opinion
>>
>>26936428
Ambipom is actually garbage.
It's one of the pokemon that people have always tried to force but it's extremely lackluster.
>>
>>26936365
>Physical Special split fucks over most Normals
>Fighting types are dominant in Gen V
>after that Fairy is introduced and become the most broken type ever
>more Ghost and Steel are used because Ghost isn't weak to Fairy (unlike Dark) and Steel is good against them
>The increasing presence of Ghost and Steel makes it harder for Normal types to shine
>>
>>26936204
Skiddo and Gogoat's fur is literally made of leaves. They have plants growing out of their bodies.

Deerling/Sawsbuck only have a symbiotic relationship with the plant growing on the of top their heads. Kinda like Florges.

Please accept my headcanon.
>>
>>26936446
Not the same guy, but I have to say it has some fun sets and a nice niche it fills.
>>
>>26936169
I bet no here remembers this but...
When i was a kid when RGB and the TCG was new. It was common to call Normal types the "Colerless Type" or the "Light Type" they were called Colerless Pokemon and Light type Pokemon by early Pokefans alot.
They were probably originally meant to be light type along with dark type, but i dont think gf wanted to overcentralize an inevitable rivalry between two types and making kids choose between good and evil.
>>
>>26936239
Dunsparce is a Tsuchinoko, you ignorant fag.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 200x280
>>26936489
Anyone who called it light type wasn't paying attention. It's alwaysliterally officially called Colorless.
>>
>>26936489
Dark types and energy weren't even around until the seventh expansion. Not talking about the dark pokemon from Team Rocket expansion. Light has only been a term used in the expansion Neo Destiny and it didn't signal any one type of energy.
>>
>>26936526
And what makes you think I didn't know that? I mentioned patterns that most normal pokémon follow and Dunsparce is an exception to all of them.
>Tsuchinoko aren't mammals.
>Dunsparce isn't part flying.
>Dunsparce can't change types.

And that's what makes it one of the few Normal-type pokémon whose type I can't completely understand, along with the others I mentioned.

Improve your reading comprehension, fag.
>>
>>26936627
>he doesn't know why what it's based on provides the answer to its typing.

Learn to infer and report back here after you graduate from 5th grade, queer.
>>
>>26936627
That's because Dunsparce will get a dragon/flying/ground type when it evolves.
Even if it isn't Drampa's pre evo
>>
>>26936428
>Any of those flying types benefitting from Normal.
>Using Snorlax anymore
>fucking Meloetta
>Fucking Ambipom
>Posting Porygon-Z instead of Porygon 2
>claiming "many others" because he ran out of even half-assed normal types to post.

I'll give you the bunnies, though.
>>
Dunsparce should have been retconned to fairy desu
>>
Normal just refers to a balanced Pokemon, who tends not to be related to any specific elements. Stuff like Pyroar or Helioptile are normal because they're balaced and only tangentially related to their element.
>>
>>26936715
Wait, why is Porygon 2 more viable than Z? Onr would thing the final form is more powerful.
>>
>>26936169

It uses electricity to boost generic skills like running. Hence primary Electric, secondary Normal.
>>
>>26936715
Idk man I don't really play higher tiers so I see a lot of normal types around.
>>
>>26936744
Eviolite. Porygon2 already has better defenses, and with eviolite, it can tank very well. The speed Porygon-Z has isn't too helpful when it is still generally slow.
>>
>>26936169
I feel like the Normal type makes the mons who have it acquire behaviors that are normal (kek) of the animals they're based of.

Deerling and Sawsbuck both look and act like deer/stag. Litleo and Pyroar form prides similar to those of real lions.

Heliolisk flares its frills and runs around to intimidate other pokemon, kind of like how frilled lizards do it. It also has a very similar anatomy to a real lizard, at least when compared to other lizard mons.
>>
Why the fuck isn't Rockruff Rock/Normal?
>>
>>26936839
Because 4x to Fighting?

It's not the regional mammal, so why should it be part Normal?
>>
>>26936818
But Rapidash and Growlithe are literally a horse on fire and a dog, yet they're not Fire/Normal. Same for Rockruff being pure Rock or Skiddo being pure Grass.
>>
>>26936851
Because it has the same "regular animal with slight elemental features" aesthetic as Pyroar? Because plenty of mons have 4x weaknesses, would you faggots shut up about that?
>>
>>26936526
>>26936667
Damn, most unpleasant samefag I've seen all day.
>>
>>26936214
>having a mother makes you underage
>>
>>26936886
Doesn't make you any less wrong, cum chugger.
>>
>>26936667
My point is that it doesn't fit any of the patterns for other normal pokémon I can list, and thus, based on MY concept of what makes a normal type, Dunsparce feels weird in that type.

If you know some obscure trivia about Tsuchinokos that make Dunsparce seem like an obvious normal type to you and YOUR concept of what's a normal type, that's still completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make in the first post.
>>
>>26936886
To be fair, he never actually pretended to be another person.
>>
>>26936222
/r9k/ having a meme on that word is too recent. Not to mention /r9k/ is one of the most normie boards so it's just dumb.
>>
>>26936199
Normie is older than newfag, you retard.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.