[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't ordinarily say this, but I hope they retcon Plus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: rYwyMU2[1].png (135 KB, 752x544) Image search: [Google]
rYwyMU2[1].png
135 KB, 752x544
I don't ordinarily say this, but I hope they retcon Plus and Minus out of existence and replace both of them with Battery.
>>
>retconning Pokémon
gotta love this meme
>>
>>26935060
>What is Fairy type?
>>
>>26935078
>what are Steel and Dark types?
That's different from what you're proposing.
>>
>>26935060
Chandelure's HA was retconned in 6th gen.
>>
>>26935098
See >>26935096
>>
>>26935060
>retconning Pokémon
not the same that retconning abilities
>>
ITT: they've retconned types, abilities, and evolution requirements, but God forbid they get rid of an uncommon ability and replace it with something that serves the exact same purpose
>>
>>26935470
>Chandelure's ability was retconned
>Not the same as retconning abilities
?
>>
>>26935529
They've added new types and changed type matchups/abilities/evolution requirements, but they haven't just outright removed shit if it can still work across newer generations.
>>
>>26935582
Shadow Tag was retconned from Chandelure. Shadow Tag itself was not retconned.
>>
>>26935529
Didn't someone say they're streamlining abilities and items? I could have sworn there was an interview with Masuda but I can't find anything online.
>>
>>26935529
Battery is much less limited than Plus and Minus.
>>
>>26935682
They said they were trying to make the games more simple not more complex. Nothing specifically was said about abilities or items.
>>
>>26935702
And what harm would it cause if they completely replaced Plus/Minus with Battery?
>>
>>26935710
There we go, now I found it.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/pokmon-art-director-wants-next-generation-simpler/
>In addition to the vast number of Pokémon we now have, together with their attacks, abilities and items, Sugimori feels that we won’t be able to decrease the number of Pokémon, but it might be in the series’ best interests to make a large adjustment to the number of attacks, abilities and items. This is also something he’s heard from Pokémon fans, he reveals.
>>
>>26935139
scolipede's ability was retconned in 6th gen despite having already been released
>>
>>26935731
Does Sugimori actually have any say in that, though?
>>
>>26935748
As much as Tajiri who is Game Freak's CEO.
>>
>>26935047
I'd argue that they really are buffing the electric type in general this gen.

with Electric Surge being an ability now that sets electric terrain passively like Drought/Drizzle, Plus and Minus now have some real viability in synergy with it.

I just hope they give electric surge to mons that could make excellent use of it, It'd definitely give Electivire or Magnezone a better role in competitive if they were to get it.
>>
>>26935047
>Vikavolt gets Levitate
so fucking BORING
>>
>>26935817
It's better than giving it Swarm at least.

Maybe this gen will introduce more of an incentive to keep Pokemon unevolved.
>>
>>26935761
magnezone is already great thanks to magnet pull tho
>>
>>26935842
notMinus is not exactly an incentive in any fucking way.
>>
>>26935761
What's the synergy between Electric Terrain and Minus/Plus?
>>
>>26935871
electric terrain increases electric moves power by 1.5. and Plus/Minus adds another 1.5x multipler on top of that.

so electric STAB moves from an mon with Plus/Minus would be at 2x power.

>>26935843
mainly talking about doubles, which is kind of the only place you can get Plus/Minus to work. magnezone's niche really carries no viability over there like he does in singles.
>>
>>26935906
2.25 actually
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.