[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O Thread: Nationals NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: Flygon.jpg (154 KB, 600x825) Image search: [Google]
Flygon.jpg
154 KB, 600x825
twitch tv/pokemon and /pokemontcg

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

OLD:
>>26839200

ToTT:
Who you got for nationals? Greninja? Toad? Darkrai? Night March? Trevenant?
>>
Is Mega Charizard X still worth anything? Got one in my Shaymin package.
>>
Jesus christ the OP is kind of a mess
>two pastebins
>a huge as fuck tl;dr third guide taking up all that space
>useless shit like >your old cards instead of at least providing advice on "places to look that aren't here"
>>
ded gaem
>>
fug night march
>>
>Zygarde beats Night March
>m-muh 5-0 record...

I hate these biased commentators
>>
>>26933750

>useless shit like >your old cards instead of at least providing advice on "places to look that aren't here"

Actually threads from a while ago told people to go to Troll and Toad, eBay, and what not to check for prices and such "to see if they are worth anything". However people here were also sick and tired of people posting pictures of legitimately worthless cards here and ask for how much so whoever did the current one just went "fuck it"
>>
This general is getting slow as fuck
>>
>>26937110
TCG is dead and boring now, lets see if rotation makes it better.
>>
3 lampents and 2 trevs prized lmao
>>
bazinga
>>
This game 3
>>
>>26937482
Rip.
>>
>you will never have wailord or some literally who deck on finals again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT6LFOIofRE
>>
tfw top 8 is all 6-0-1
>>
This night march deck is getting fucked over by this Agislash.
>>
>bronzong without shield or dialga
What
>>
Ah nevermind night march still wins by going through it's entire deck in a turn.
>>
Is dimension valley gone with phantom forces rotation?
>>
She plays so slooooooow
>>
Want to get back in to PTCGO, but I have no idea where to start.

>Read the pastebin

I was in the middle of beating all the trainers, but I forgot what I did or didn't unlock and now I'm just sitting here downloading a ton of patches.
>>
I hope Genesect toolbox wins the whole tourney.
>>
Link to nats? It's Standard, right? Or is it Expanded?
>>
>>26938627
Its in OP.
>>
>>26938427
Me too anon
>>
>>26935823
Just remove that line entirely then.
>>
That lady looks awkward.
>>
>Someone's running Zygarde/Carbink/VILEPLUME
Is this the new meta
>>
>>26938837
This is the second time it's been on the stream.
>>
>>26938837
Glorious nippons bringing new meta decks
>>
reminder that zygarde is a bad pokemon according to the experts in this general
>>
>>26938889
It's technically not better than Lucario.
>>
>>26938864
What's the idea behind it? Aren't you locking yourself out of half of Korinna, important tools, etc? And you're forced to run FOGP over Sky Field or Fighting Stadium, and I'm guessing you're now juggling AZs on top of all your other supporters
>>
Hah that AZ vileplume and then forest of plants relock
>>
Are there links to each of todays player's decks or does that happen after this is all over?
>>
Who is Eigor they mentioned in the stream? They sounded pretty intimidated by him.
>>
>>26939319
Igor Costa, 2012 world champion / placed well in worlds for the past few years
>>
>>26938889
It literally does everything Lucario does, and it does it better.
>>
For how much packs should I trade my M-Rayquaza EX?
>>
>>26940823
>>
>>26940889

forgot details, Ancient Origins, the colorless one
>>
>>26938681
No. Fuck you.
>>
I've been having a break out of TCG for like 6 months? What are the new & cool decks in standard that don't just concede to NM? Are there any?
>>
>>26942681
Trevenant BREAK
>>
>>26942681
Another night march.
>>
What are some decent cheap decks I could make for TCGO?

Also I want to try and make a Kingdra EX deck, any suggestions?
>>
>>26943607
>What are some decent cheap decks I could make for TCGO?
Night march.

>Also I want to try and make a Kingdra EX deck, any suggestions?
Sure
Kingdra + Night March, except without Kingdra.
>>
>>26943607
>>26943647
Doesn't Night March suffers a lot the lack of Shaymin-ex?
My first cheap deck was a Medicham/Machamp deck later turned into a Medicham/Carbink Break.
Serperior is pretty cheap and Vespiqueen too (even if it suffers the lack of Shaymin).
If you don't have the packs or luck to invest in the little flying shit try Greninja Break. The breaks cost 4-5 packs each but most versions run only two and Stardust Jirachi is not required, but surely a nice addition.
>>
>>26943896
Two stardust Jirachi ARE required. Take it from someone whi tried to run with none.
>>
When did the packs from daily quests become tradable O_o
>>
>>26943985
Then I've been lucky winning against Night March and Co until now. I hope it will return soon to the store so I can finally get a set. How much does the bundle usually costs? Or you play it on paper?
>>
>>26944050
I have a playset of them irl and I traded for two online for 50 packs couple months back, had to get them to playtest.
>>
>>26944062
I only play online but since I'm doing fine with my version and at worst I can play other stuff I'll wait their return to the store.
>>
>>26944034
What level are you? Above 15 or so they become tier 3 and give tradable packs.
>>
>>26944085

level 26, I didn't realize they were tradable until now though.
>>
VG7-C44J-PP2-Z4G
>>
How many packs does Manectric/Mega Manectric go for nowadays?
>>
>>26944383
Ah so the code emails have been sent out.
>>
File: espeon EX.jpg (153 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
espeon EX.jpg
153 KB, 528x960
Got this nice drop from work today. Seems like buying a pack every other week has pretty good odds for high value rares!
>>
That top deck lmao
>>
jesus christ this kid is playing fast
>>
Why are the rounds called SWISS?
>>
>People on stream talking about all the different decks they have seen

Where can we see these decks?
>>
File: 1425932425518.gif (27 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
1425932425518.gif
27 KB, 500x410
winning a 24-ticket tourney.
>>
N-NANII
>>
Rip trev toad win.
>>
>tfw I suddenly found that old Gardevoir card
>>
T(4)L-XWZ4-6Y4-QGC
>>
>>26945911
Ehhh.
>>
Please stop breathing heavily into the mic whoever is doing this stream.
>>
>>26945940

nice pulls hahahahahah
>>
>>26945940
If it makes you feel any better, Lugia Break is unironically topping in Japan.
>>
>Prize cards are out of shot so when they play town map they can't see them

HAH.
>>
>>26946642
link?
>>
>>26947122
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/06/07/eye-on-japan-kamex-mega-battles-2016/

I haven't seen a list yet, and I'm pretty sure it was a fluke more than anything.

They paired it with Bronzong.
>>
File: post gets.png (200 KB, 596x190) Image search: [Google]
post gets.png
200 KB, 596x190
It's that time of the month again, I come bearing a gift of a single code for a pack of online cards.

Enjoy!
>>
http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/prepare-for-the-2017-standard-format-rotation/

phf rotates, fuck night march :^)
>>
>>26947696
I like how night march rotates out right as we get the card that counters it.
>>
>>26947712

Should kill it for expanded.
>>
>>26947696
>Startling Megaphone and Xerosic are both lost in the rotation, which means Pokémon Tools can be attached with much less risk of losing them (although there are still attacks that can discard them). This is especially relevant for Garbodor, whose Garbotoxin Ability only works when Garbodor has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Not more lock meta.
>>
>>26933136
This chick interviewing the NM guy that just beat Trev break clearly knows nothing about the game
>What deck are you playing
>Oh Night March
>What is your deck strong against
Are you kidding me?
>>
>>26947712
Karen is still going to counter vespiquen, but it takes a huge loss losing compressor
>>
>>26947696
>Aromatisse removed

Fairy ded.
>>
>>26947752

aromatisse was never successful in fairy decks, only in toolbox decks

if anything this might let pokemon print more powerful fairy cards
>>
greninja loses sacred ash which isn't that huge, but it's going to get bodied by garbodor
>>
66elh-6WBW-4whybee-HXK
>>
>>26947712
It doesn't rotate out in Japan, because they're getting CP4.

PLi's lack of transparency is a huge fucking problem. It's pretty obvious that they exclusively care about SEA's formats and metagame. This rotation is going to lose us some meta- and balance-defining cards.

Seriously, think about it:
>Karen being printed after NM rotates in the West
>Half of Steam Siege still balanced around meta-defining support cards (Fire Pokemon still have Blacksmith-tier energy costs, Psychic Pokemon act like D Valley will still be around, Fairy Pokemon will be balanced around the Aromatisse/Max Potion combo, etc)
>Almost all the "usable" Break cards either use or rely on earlier iterations of the card (Greninja, Pyroar, Noivern, Delphox, Bronzong, Trevenant)
>Previous cards are balanced around an XY-on format (Garbodor, every Pokemon that hits for 150~160, etc)

So basically, one of two things are going to happen. Either CP4 is coming to the US, which invalidates the meta
OR, CP4 DOESN'T come over, and from now on, all Fire, Psychic, and Fairy Pokemon are going to be ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE since Japan has to take CP4's reprints into consideration, which are cards we won't have access to.

How do you balance a Fire Pokemon when one country's Standard has Blacksmith and the other doesn't? How do you balance a card like Pyroar Break when one country has Intimidating Mane and the other doesn't? How do you print Psychic Pokemon with a [C] in the cost when half the fucking world doesn't get D Valley?

The game is fucked.
>>
File: 2016-07-02 20_05_28.jpg (932 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-02 20_05_28.jpg
932 KB, 1920x1080
>>26947854
Thanks.
>>
decks that die with rotation:

night march
trev
genesect (loses bronzong)
manectric
water toolbox? (loses toad)

decks that will probably still be good:

greninja (probably going to drop a tier because garb)
darkrai tina
vespiquen
yzg
zygarde (?)
>>
>>26947904
your welcome
>>
no xy Trevenant
no battle compressor
no Seismitoad
no night march
no blacksmith, fiery torch, or draw-Delphox
no Bronzong, Aegislash-EX, steel shelter
no dimension valley, robo sub, Gengar-EX, Crobat
no aromatisse, hard charm
no xerosic or megaphone
no Az or Cassius
no Korrina, no focus sash, fighting stadium
no muscle band, no protection cube, no sparkling robe, trick coin
no shadow circle, training center
no sacred ash, no scoop-up, no target whistle
no head ringer
no herbal energy or mystery energy
no manectric
no crobat

I for one, welcome our new Garbodor overlords.
>>
>>26947963
>no az cassius scoop up hard charm

rip wailord :^)
>>
>>26947963
Reminder that almost all these cards received a reprint in Japan a month ago, and since the card game is designed around Japanese Standard, all upcoming cards will be balanced around everything listed here existing.
>>
>>26947963
no pyroar
no fairybox
no water shuriken
no hawlucha
no malamar

Fuck yeah rotation!

>>26947983
But muh max potion
>>
>a format without the ability to pick up a pokemon or remove a tool
>in a format with Garbodor

I sincerely hope our last card in Steam Siege is Megaphone or Xerosic like how AO got Lysandre. Fuck FA Sycamore, every deck will be GarboDark, Sceptile or Ray without tool disruption.
>>
>>26948359
What does Garbodor even hit in a PC-on format?
Shaymin, Zoroark, Greninja, Octillery, Vileplume, Alakazam, and...???
It doesn't really sound like it'll have that much of an impact.
>>
>>26948458
Are you an idiot? Each and every one of those cards are the current meta. Also Volcanion.
>>
>>26948483
>Each and every one of those cards are the current meta.
What even remotely implied that they weren't? Come on, man. The only non-generic card in that list is Alakazam.
>>
>Article literally says "Perhaps we'll see less of these disruptive deck styles in the 2017 Standard format"

>Next fucking paragraph talks about Garbodor

What kind of shitty edition is that
>>
>>26948359
Lysandre was reprinted in AO if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>26948513
GarboDark is already a mighty deck, taking away any means to stop it besides turn 1 Vileplume, which will no longer have adequate support, is retarded. It gets worse when you factor in that you won't be able to remove Float Stones from Zoroark, spirit links from the soon-to-be overused Ray and Sceptile, and FFBs from big basic attackers.
>>
>>26948580
It wasn't in Bandit Ring, only the English set.
>>
File: tcgo.png (200 KB, 594x187) Image search: [Google]
tcgo.png
200 KB, 594x187
I don't play this game but want someone to get use out of this code. hope you get good pulls
>>
>>26948458
snivy, absol, crawdaunt, bronzong, carbink, gallade, bats, eeveelutions, magnezone, raticate, flareon-ex, tm camerupt, wobbuffet, zoroark, yveltal, raikou, marowak, magnezone, clawitzer, chandelure, toxicroak, klingklang, klefki, yanmega, weavile, magearna, hawlucha

..it would be quicker to try name the decks that don't rely on an ability of one form or another.
>>
>>26948663
Oh yeah, Yanmega will never be a thing since it autoloses to Garbodor.
>>
>>26948663
A majority of the cards you listed are either completely irrelevant or rotating out.

I mean, are you genuinely implying Marowak, Magnezone/Raikou, Raticate, Camerupt/Flareon, and the Eeveelutions have any relevance at all? I'm pretty sure the last time we saw Crawdaunt in a tournament was over a year ago.

Do you honestly think Toxicroak, Chandelure, Klingklang, Klefki, and Clawitzer are going to have any competitive viability? I'm assuming you mean the ones in SS, because their other printings might as well not exist. How do you even plan on using Magearna in a format without Bronzong?

And with Crobat, Blacksmith, and Compressor rotating out, Bats stops being a thing, Flareon stops functioning on a basic level (as if it was functioning at all lol), and Gallade becomes unusable.

So out of your huge list, you're left with Servine, Wobbuffet (without Dimension Valley), FN Yveltal, and Carbink. I'm not going to comment on Yanmega, Weavile, or Hawlucha because I don't think they'll be usable regardless of Garbodor.
>>
Can't wait to play M Ray/Garb in this delightful, cancer-free meta.
>>
>>26948939

>cancer-free

>he says so when Garbodor + SkyField becomes the new cancer
>>
>>26949009
>sarcasm
>>
>>26949009

hey, at least Zoroark can become a count...

>Zoroark main draw is his ability to switch out

Welp, we're fucked
>>
>>26933136

goddamn what a great card

I remember using it as a main attacker for a long time, and then when it got older, it excelled with memory berry as a mill deck

so much fun
>>
So essentially our meta is completely fucked unless we get magically get CP4?
>>
Double judges.
>>
Does anyone have a FA M Alakazam?
I'm sitting on an extra SR Alakazam EX. I'd be willing to trade 1:1.
>>
>>26949036

Rainbow Xerneas says hi. It also can out damage M Ray too, is a basic non-EX, all it's bad match-ups die too.

I'm also not sure that M Ray wants garb to shut off it's Hoopa and Shaymin
>>
Why do players keep shuffling their hands on stream?
>>
>>26949571

the point of Garbodor is to setup a lock after you use all your shit

Or do you think that Garbodor decks don't rely on Shaymin for a first turn Garbodor too?

Also Rainbow Xerneas capability to setup is hardly comparable to M-Ray that by running a shit ton of basics + Sky Field can defeat anything on meta and can find place ON ANY deck thanks to the fact it's colorless, Xerneas is stuck on fairy decks
>>
Cal is going to end it all, night march strikes again.
>>
>>26949622
It's a habit most card game player develop. You'll probably do it too if you keep holding cards.
And while it doesn't really matter in Pokemon too much, in other card games it helps make sure your hand stays randomized for when cards get bounced, if you accidentally bleed, etc.
>>
File: stop-that.jpg (77 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
stop-that.jpg
77 KB, 480x680
>>26949622
Use this.
>>
>>26948790
you never asked for meta decks. Just what. There is your what.

If you want to talk Meta (and as hard as that is to predict what might be relevant post-rotation), you have your original six, plus the four you boiled the second comment down to. And Weavile will most definitely be a thing in Alakazam decks if no-where else. That's 10+ decks already.

But rather than pick through all of that, why don't you try come up with a top five meta decks that Garbodor *won't* have an impact on? Let's start by ruling out every meta deck that uses Shaymin or Octillery and oh hey that leaves just Greninja. Wait that's going to be pure shit with no ability access too.

With no Megaphone or Xerosic around, of fucking course Garbodor is going to have an impact on the meta you mongoloid.There isn't even an argument to be had.
>>
>>26949657

>Xerneas is stuck on fairy decks

Not that one. The one that does 10+30 for each type on your bench.
>>
>>26949900

that Xerneas is only a poor man's Rayquaza. You suffer from not getting all your different typed pokemon and from having barely any energy acceleration, not to mention being unable to properly use DCE. The deck can actually brick as most Xerneas deck use stage 1 pokemon.
>>
>>26949888
>you never asked for meta decks. Just what. There is your what.
It was implied. Think about it, by your logic, I was asking for someone to list every Pokemon with an ability in the game. Do you really think that was the point of my post? To ask what an ability is? Come on, anon.

>Let's start by ruling out every meta deck that uses Shaymin or Octillery
Are you implying Garbodor decks aren't going to be using Shaymin to actually get Garb + a Tool in your hand? Again, by your own logic, Garbodor either isn't running some form of turbo to actually set up (making its lock inconsistent, ergo irrelevant), or it's not going to be meta because you just ruled out all Shaymin decks as if that means anything.

When looking at cards like Garbodor, it's important to make a distinction between generic abilities that offer utility to an otherwise unrelated deck, and abilities that are critical to the basic function of a deck. Does Garbodor affect Shaymin, Octillery, and so on? Of course, but being locked out of Shaymin doesn't magically lose you the game or even necessarily slow you down depending on the timing of Garbodor, especially when it works both ways.

The primary meta decks Garbodor is going to affect are Greninja, Vileplume techs, and Alakazam (if Alakazam even gets tiered). Yveltal can function without Stand In, Serperior isn't tiered, and Carbink's stall is mostly irrelevant. Everything else will be relatively unaffected for the most part. Maybe decks that absolutely require turbo like Rayquaza will drop down. That's more or less the full extent of Garbodor in the upcoming format.
>>
>>26949957

not to mention that those stage 1 pokemons used on the bench by Xerneas to make up for the lack of energy acceleration are killed by Garbodor
>>
>>26950045
What Energy Excel does Ray have that Xerneas doesn't?
>>
>>26950334
>Excel

fuck me
>>
Can Primal Kyogre finally be a thing or nah?
>>
>>26950945
Grass weakness opens it up to Sceptile or Seperior, but it may find a way around them.
>>
>>26950945
EXs are on the way out and the rotation's knocking out some of the biggest ones (Toad, Mane), so it's probably not going to be as useful.
>>
>>26950945

It was a thing back when it was released. You missed it.
>>
6T9-CY4G-6HB-KVN

Post what you get you code redeeming faggot.
>>
I don't want the rotation please don't rotate.
>>
what are the best fates collide cards? i got 10 packs wanting to trade em. I've been away for the meta of this set
>>
File: codewhore.png (821 KB, 851x467) Image search: [Google]
codewhore.png
821 KB, 851x467
>>26951285
thanks based anon
>>
>>26951434
The best card is Mew. There's plenty of other good cards but Mew is the best.
>>
>>26950990
>EX's are on their way out
>Zygarde EX
>M Rayquaza EX
>M Alakazam EX
>Yveltal EX
>M Mewtwo EX Y
>M Sceptile EX
>Darkrai EX
>Giratina EX
what

>>26950334
Mega Turbo you idiot
>>
I didn't see the entirety of thelast match and I definetly amno pro on poke tcg but wtf happened didnt get how that guy won instantly.
>>
>>26950007
these threads are full of retards. and when you open with a sweeping generalization that Garb won't affect the meta the gut reaction is that you are obviously one of these. I'm not gonna assume you have any kind of common sense if you don't display any.

So again I say what does it leave then?
Night March, Trevenant, WaterBox, TinaToad, Vespiquen/Vespiplume, anything-Bronzong, anything-Bats, anything-Manectric are all rotating crucial parts of their decks. Greninja gets completely pegged by Garbodor. Despite your claim, YZG becoming just Y will certainly make it harder to win with, i.e. it is impacted greatly.

>Everything else will be relatively unaffected for the most part
There isn't anything left.? MSceptile without the Ariados element? Alakazam? Mewtwo??
Well there is one deck left. Spoiler it has Garbodor in it.
>>
>>26951689
The water box player top decked lysandres and the vesqiquen player had no way to retreat vileplume. They conceded to not waste time decking out.
>>
So I am doing my first PTCGO tournament and I beat my first two opponents but now my time to next round is 00:00 is that normal?
>>
>>26951693
Alakazam and Mewtwo can run fine with and against Garbodor. As can Carbink BREAK with Zygarde EX. M Rayquaza will struggle more than anything against a turn one Garbodor, but can survive under ability lock otherwise, so much so you could even run Garbodor in M Ray.
>>
>>26951705
oh thanks had just opened the stream so rlydidnt get wtf had happened, got it now though
>>
>>26951693
Toad is being rotated out...
>>
did top 8 start already? i've been gone all day and this is my first time actually watching nationals
>>
>>26951809
It's down to Top 4 and the stream is over for today.
>>
>>26951667

Ah right Mega Turbo. I forgot about it since I never play Mega decks.

Xerneas does have Max Elixir to speed it up but that's not as consistent. The ability to OHKO an EX with a non-EX is still really good.

It's all speculation at this point but you may as well try and buy cheep cards now before they get good.
>>
Why do tournaments have the advantage marker if they don't contribute to the vs ladder points?
>>
>>26951831
thanks, just checked the listings and a kid from my area that I've playtested with just barely missed top 8 FeelsBadMan
>>
Xerneas break giratina, mark my word guys
>>
Australian nationals are also being streamed, top 4 right now.

twitch tv/dyoshiitv
>>
>>26951909
20 less damage than Darkrai, requires YY instead of Darkrai's convenient CC, sits at 20 HP less than a Xernease with FFB (and -10 damage), and requires an evolution to be useful.
>>
>Normal deck
>Mulligan 8 times
>Next match
>Mulligan 5 times
>Next match
>Mulligan 6 times
>>
Got my first 500 tokens, what theme deck do I buy first?

>Dark Hammer unless you like gimping yourself
>>
>>26952231

literally none of them are better than basic blue and green and the trainers and pokemon in them are easily acquired

don't get tricked by the theme deck meme
>>
>>26952231
You really don't need to buy any. XY Blue and Green are the best. Dark Hammer, Battle Ruler, and Sky Guardian are almost as good but not quite.
>>
>>26952049
True but darkrai/giratina doesn't use DCE. I don't think its that bad, for 1 prize.
>>
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals-2016/decks/popular-decks/
>The popular decks of day 1
>Small mention that most of these lists didn't make day 2
>>
>>26952240
>>26952253

literally what else are you going to buy with the fucking coins?

Unless you think saving them for the shitty bundles is good
>>
>>26952231
Whichever one has the coolest coin, since you shouldn't be using the actual decks.
>>
>>26952297
Don't bait the new players like this, they don't know our memes.
>>
>>26952297

save them for the next set

you can easily get 10000 tokens between set releases and can use them to get useful bundles and a solid base of locked cards from the new set
>>
>>26952297
You need a cushion of 5000 coins for the odd time there's an expensive bundle that you need 4 of (Last one I can remember is a promo Yveltal and Xerneas that were back to back that cost 1100 coins each)
>>
>>26952335

>need 4 of a card
>those (bad) cosmetics
>of cards you'll never ever run 4 of

lmao?
>>
>>26952335

then tell him that, to keep a cushion for the once in a blue moon good bundle

>>26952323

>buying online packs

>ever
>>
>>26952356
>>buying online packs
>>ever

you'll literally have coins you'll never use if you don't get packs online

but you can enjoy looking at your impressive collection of coins I guess
>>
Locks should always impact both players they are cancerous enough as it is nevermind that some allow one user to still use their shit.
>>
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals-2016/decks/masters/
Top 8 decks are up now.
>Trevenant
>Trevenant
>Night March
>Night March Vileplume
>Darkrai Giratina
>ToadTina
>Water Box
>Vileplume Vespiquen

I can't remember what went on to top 4 besides Water Box beating Vileplume Vespiquen.
>>
>>26952402

are you stupid

Garbodor affects both players and it's going to be cancerous as fuck
>>
>>26952508
Exactly fuck face that's why he said they are cancerous enough.
>>
>>26952503
I remember before Trev came out these threads said it was useless because it was too slow.
>>
File: top4.jpg (74 KB, 1214x600) Image search: [Google]
top4.jpg
74 KB, 1214x600
>>26952503
>>26952744
Both Trev decks lost already.

Australian finals is Yveltal/Zoroark vs Genesect.
>>
On theme decks I buy there's a "You have won 0 of 12 games to unlock a booster pack." notice. Is that a one time thing, or does it reset after every 12 wins?
>>
>>26952795
Once per theme deck.
>>
>>26952766
How in the fuck did a Trev lose to VespiMarch?
>>
>>26952847
I don't think it was on stream so I don't know. Night march can fight back against item lock if it gets a good turn of items.
>>
>>26952766
Yveltal/Zoroark won the Australian Nationals.
>>
K9G-NJYL-YBK-PPG
>>
File: based.png (885 KB, 1200x730) Image search: [Google]
based.png
885 KB, 1200x730
>>26953848
nice! thanks a lot.
>>
T7X-HXZ2
ZGW-N6G
>>
QCC-GYCR-MLD-L6C
>>
Have at it: 9CG-HN6K-BBG-H7X
>>
File: pizza pasta fettuccini.png (928 KB, 1271x727) Image search: [Google]
pizza pasta fettuccini.png
928 KB, 1271x727
>>26956290
Thanks!
>>
How is this game compared to MTG and Yugioh? I like card games and watching the stream is making me feel nostalgic.
>>
>>26957149
It's great.
>>
RIP in pieces Patrick ;_;
>>
>>26952847

because night march is broken
>>
n o t k n o w i n g w h a t c h a o s w h e e l d o e s

Fucking kids
>>
Neither of these kids seem to actually know the rules do they?
>>
CHOO CHOO
>>
>>26957940
>>26958194
The defending US Masters champ tried to night march with Mew while under his own hex maniac, so you can forgive the kids a bit.
>>
So how on earth did they get this far and yet not know the rules?
>>
>>26958232
Jesus he did? That's hilarious and sad.
>>
Not a TCG player but that fat fuck commentator looks like James Corden ate Chris Farley
>>
>>26958259
https://www.twitch tv/pokemon/v/75593678?t=03h39m17s

When it happens, it messes up the game state so badly he just has to concede.
>>
That girl is shorter than the kid.
>>
File: 1406425836968.jpg (57 KB, 480x595) Image search: [Google]
1406425836968.jpg
57 KB, 480x595
So when exactly is the rotation? After Worlds?

also
>Expanded isn't changing
baka. I wanted to see Hypno-Toxic Laser disappear for good.
>>
I would fuck Paul Johnston.
>>
>>26958568
Sept 1
>>
>>26958568
HTL came out in Plasma Storm, the eighth BW set. Unless they just rotated all of BW out and Expanded became XY-on it probably wouldn't have rotated anyway.
>>
File: 1424794232751.jpg (42 KB, 233x225) Image search: [Google]
1424794232751.jpg
42 KB, 233x225
>>26958713
that's kinda what I was hoping for, is that Expanded would just become all XY. There's enough sets for it. Now there's just a buttload of decks to try and keep in mind.

Also why are Regionals still using Expanded when bigger tourneys are using Standard? It makes no sense to me.
>>
>>26958769
Expanded and Standard should be different by more than four whole sets. A "buttload" of decks is a good thing considering how boring this year's US Nationals top 8 lineup was. Means the format is diverse.

The only event bigger than regionals is nationals, and even then they can be pretty small, except for the US.
>>
>>26958814
>A "buttload" of decks is a good thing considering how boring this year's US Nationals top 8 lineup was. Means the format is diverse.

Was? It's still going.

And it's 7 different decks in top 8, what the fuck do you even want?
>>
>>26935823
actually
>no one cares
has been there a LOT longer
>>
This game is shit, two Hoopa starts.
>>
>>26959031

the shuffling in the RL client fucking sucks

and then in the senior division that kid hit all his crushing hammers

the rng is fucked and nobody will fix it
>>
Holy shit this match was good
>>
This finals man, intense as hell
>>
Chicano lost
Get fuged
Build le wall
>>
get fugged toad, not this year
>>
night march's last stand lmao
>>
>>26959905
>Nightmarch dominating a high retreat cost + high energy cost deck
>intense
>>
File: constanza.jpg (16 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
16 KB, 251x251
not even gonna give ^ this guy a (you)
>>
Weird to think none of these decks will exist after rotation.
>>
"If you play for fun you play your best"
- Nightmarch player, 2016
>>
>how did you beat Trev?
>I got lucky

What an insightful analysis.
>>
>>26959945

darkrai/giritina and vespiquen/vileplume will both be there after rotation
>>
>>26960150
>VileVespi without Battle Compressor
Good luck.
>>
>>26960150
Battle compresssor was not reprinted.
>>
>>26958232
hahaha wow amazing I don't like that cocky shithead
>>
Every game Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor good god.

Good thing I'm playing fairy ,':^)
>>
Which deck won the master finals?
>>
>>26961140
Starts with Night and ends with March.
>>
>>26961181

Started with Night and ended with Vespiquen...
>>
>>26961370
Particularly relevant since the inclusion of Vespiquen undoubtedly aided in his victories against Water Toolbox and Seismitoad/Giratina.
>>
File: onlinetcgcode.png (196 KB, 593x187) Image search: [Google]
onlinetcgcode.png
196 KB, 593x187
Enjoy.
>>
New meta predictions?
>>
>>26962563
M Sceptile, M Alakazam, M Mewtwo, M Rayquaza, Yveltal/Zoroark, Carbink/Zygarde, Giratina/Darkrai, P Kyogre, Jolteon/Glaceon, and Raichu/Golbat are all decks I expect to be good. If Startling Megaphone doesn't get a reprint then Garbodor will be shoved into every deck that can fit it.
>>
>>26962563
Tier 1
>GarboDark
>YZNinja Boy
>Ray

Tier 2
>Volcanions
>M Sceptile
>M Alakazam
>Raichu
>Rainbow Xerneas
>Zygarde

Alakazam would be higher but Garbodor having no counter ruins him.
>>
File: XY8_EN_153.png (158 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
XY8_EN_153.png
158 KB, 245x342
One day, I will rule this meta.
>>
>>26962754
>Blacksmith rotating out
Fire won't be viable in the West for the next four years.
>>
>>26962791
Its all about milling nigga.
>>
>>26962791
the good thing about Houndoom is he doesn't need Blacksmith.
>>
>>26962818
>>26962827
lmao I thought he posted M Houndoom
ya'll right
>>
>>26962791
Volcanion swings for 80 for a single energy and also gets a Geomancy effect from the discard. 90 with FFB, giving it also 170 HP. It'll be a common deck for sure but like Alakazam, Greninja and others it gets fucked by Garbodor.
>>
>>26962622
>P Kyogre
I hope this becomes a thing ;-;
>>
>>26962875
With Vespiquen gone, the only real Grass deck is M Sceptile. The meta will slow down enough that it could see some play. Still has access to what meager Water support there is. Could be be a counter to Volcanion decks. I don't have high hopes for it.
>>
>>26962875
>>26962900
P Kyogre would need ability lock to stop Sceptile-EX(Ariados) and Serperior(Servine) but it also needs a way to switch or move energy every turn which is done best with abilities. Weavile might be a garbodor alternative to swap around spirit links/float stones/weakness policy/other tools.
>>
I can't believe that pretty much everything is going to be dead with this rotation.
>>
>>26962952
M Sceptile doesn't need Ariados to beat P Kyogre. It's just an autoloss. I don't know about Serperior. I doubt Weavile will see use.
>>
>>26962978
When the best cards get printed in the first couple sets and almost every card printed afterwards is garbage, it's not that unbelievable.
>>
>>26962952
>Sceptile-EX(Ariados)
Is there a reason everyone thinks Sceptile needs Ariados to function? Ariados only adds 10 damage by itself (wow!) and stops mattering once the Mega hits the board, and with FOGP that shouldn't take any time at all.

>P Kyogre...needs a way to switch or move energy every turn
Manaphy EX.
Set up two P Kyogre. Use the attack, move two energy to a different Kyogre. Then switch to that new Kyogre. Repeat.

Not that anon, by the way. I don't think Kyogre's going to be all that great, especially depending on what the meta ends up looking like. If EXs end up being relatively low-tier like we're seeing right now, and if Garbodor leads to people running fewer Shaymin counts, then Kyogre's effectiveness drops quite a bit.
>>
>>26962952
Huh, the new weavile is definitely interesting but still. With garbodor around its pretty much a weak dead unfortunately. Hope they repeat some form of tool removal
>>
>>26963020
Because Ariados saves you from having to three shot the dominant meta of FFB-boosted EXs and Mega Ray?

>thinking Garbodor will affect Shaymin in any way
>>
>>26963064
Probably won't because Japs aren't impacted by it.
>>
>>26963020
>If EXs end up being relatively low-tier like we're seeing right now
The only reason EX's are "low-tier" right now is because a lot of non-EX's are great. But, in the new format, most of them are either rotating (Night March, Trevenant), losing important pieces to rotation (Vespiquen, Raichu) or will get hampered by Garbodor (Greninja, Zoroark). You'll still have some good ones floating around, like Garchomp, but come rotation, EX's will be dominant again. Especially considering FFB will now be permanently attachable.

All that being said, P Kyogre was only included in my list because it still has all of its support and Volcanion is weak to it. It could still be pretty bad.

Also
>Garbodor
>affecting Shaymin counts
>>
>>26963105
We've gotten West-exclusive reprints added into packs before. Like how Lysandre in AO wasn't included in Japan.

Chances are, any critical CP4 reprints that affect meta balance will get slipped into Western packs if they don't just outright release CP4 over here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Western release of Steam Siege gave us Blacksmith back, for example. Maybe even FF Pyroar.
>>
If Garbodor won't affect shaymin, would captivating pokepuff (there was a rule change that prevents ability use) affect it?
>>
>>26963245
Absolutely not.
>>
>>26963206
>Chances are, any critical CP4 reprints that affect meta balance will get slipped into Western packs if they don't just outright release CP4 over here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Western release of Steam Siege gave us Blacksmith back, for example. Maybe even FF Pyroar.

I fucking hope so otherwise this is going to become a shitshow real fast.
>>
>>26963420
No way they're reprinting Blacksmith. It wasn't in CP4 and it's way too strong with Volcanion-EX. Flareon can swing for 170 on turn 1 with just a Hoopa drop.
>>
>>26963206

It is pretty much confirmed that Steam Siege has basically no additions besides the Captivating Poke Puff, Talonflame BREAK, and one more unknown card from Japan

JPN XY11: (54 + 4 SR + 1UR) * 2 - 5 common Trainers in both sets = 113 cards
Steam Siege = 116 cards (114 + 2 Secret Rares)
>>
God, this game is awfully shit. I have never seen a game so shit as this. Some weeks ago it started crashing on my PC, tried everything, even some shit people on the forum said and nothing. Started playing at a tablet them, and now it started crashing even on the Tablet.

I know Nintendo do many shit and they probably have no relation with the game, but holy dick, how can they allow an official game to be so fucking shit?
>>
File: fun.jpg (196 KB, 777x505) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
196 KB, 777x505
Post retarded but fun decks.
>>
Fighting Game Anon here, wanting to get into the Pokémon Community.

Should I pick up the TCG or the videogame?
>>
>>26964920
Darkness energy only, my favourite type of deck
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.