[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O Thread: US Nationals Approaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: imakuni.jpg (23 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
imakuni.jpg
23 KB, 200x283
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

Old: >>???

TOTT: US Nationals is in approaching, what are you playing?
>>
I still need a fucking deck to play. I tried building a Trevenant Alakazam deck but it just needs so many other cards that the other doesn't, but the other needs the spots for those cards.
>>
>>26839200
ToTT: My shitty city lost the nationals so I can't attend. I expect Night march to win it though unless Karen is the last Steam Siege card, which I doubt it will be.

>>26839239
Wait for Weavile for Alakazam, play Mew/Sceptile/Ariados, it's fun.
>>
>>26839278
I see the concept but I don't see how it's going to help me that immensely.
>>
>>26839410
For Alakazam? Sky Field with Hoopa abuse. Use Mega Turbos. Weavile lets you use Devolution Spray on a single spirit link you pass around. It's way more consistent than what Alakazam has now.
>>
Reminder that Plasma Freeze, one of if not the most valuable pack, can be earned this week.
>>
is there ever a reason to not draw the card after your opponent mulligans?
>>
>>26839711
a mill deck maybe? but even then you want to draw.
>>
>>26839711

When you know you can Turn 1 Maxies/Archies and any extra cards could get in the way
>>
>>26839711
If you're going second against a 1 pokemon meme deck, there's a good chance they'll battle reporter + red card you.
>>
>>26839734
>there's a good chance they'll battle reporter

???????
>>
File: battle reporter.jpg (60 KB, 383x563) Image search: [Google]
battle reporter.jpg
60 KB, 383x563
>>26839741
It's usable when you know your opponent is likely to have 15+ cards in their hand. Ghetsis is also an option to do pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>26839763
Show me a deck that ever uses this card.
>>
>>26839763
It's usable in ptcgo when you're doing a trainer challenge because you cant' take it out of your deck. In what situation will your opponent ever have 15 cards in their hand? Why would they make a deck of cards that don't ever get played?
>>
File: memedeck.jpg (114 KB, 910x460) Image search: [Google]
memedeck.jpg
114 KB, 910x460
>>26839794
>>26839843
The question was asking for a situation where you wouldn't want to accept mulligans. The answer is when you go second against shitty meme decks with only one pokemon.
>>
TOTT: probably my trust Zoroark deck. But I'm also thinking about bringing M Ray. I did pretty good with it at regionals.

>>26839278
You're confusing nationals with worlds.
>>
>>26839898
lol fair enough
>>
>>26839912
No I'm not, it left Indianapolis for Columbus.
>>
>>26839966
Well you're still confused. US nationals is next weekend. Steam Siege is August.
>>
>>26839595
I would do that if every pack I have earned so far today would actually be added to my fucking collection.

THREE FUCKING PACKS GONE ONE TRADABLE TWO LOCKED.
>>
>>26839595
Legacy is a hellhole of inconsistency, hurt by the slow wait times. Wasted so many tickets losing to just bad luck.
>>
>>26840189
How is it more inconsistent than any other format?
>>
>>26840561
No VS Seeker, coin flips are king. You can lose instantly just by, say, going second, starting only a Mr. Mime or Sneasel or even Jirachi-EX, not draw into anything and lose to laserbank. It's much easier to throw yourself into dead draw in that format. Nothing quite as shitty as Junipering yourself into a hand of energies and items you can't use.

Even VirGen, probably the most consistent deck next to Weavile, isn't immune.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (36 KB, 420x590) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
36 KB, 420x590
>>26840656
It sounds like you just suck.
>>
how are the sleeves that come in the trainer boxes?
>>
>>26839794
>>26839843
Battle Reporter is primarily used in decks that require you to have the same amount of cards in your hand as your opponent. Judge is obviously better, but Battle Reporter allows you to stack up on -1s to meet the conditions. It's primarily used as a replacement for Hugh in Standard.

The only "relevant" deck that uses it is Noivern Break.
>>
>>26839711
If I have seven cards and two of them are ultra balls, and I'm going to draw a shaymin with my night march deck, I'm better off not drawing more so I can draw more once i put shaymin down.
>>
File: prizes.png (319 KB, 342x680) Image search: [Google]
prizes.png
319 KB, 342x680
Going against trev, great.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160623-102710.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160623-102710.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
FUCK WHY OF ALL THE BREAK CARDS IN THIS SET I GET ANOTHER LUXRAY
>>
doing this Trainer Challenge cos why not? FUCK THEME DECKS SO MUCH
>>
>>26844884
At least use decks you don't have 12 wins with yet.
>>
What's up with Sky Field? Last night/early this morning, it was banned on PTCGO. Is it still banned?
>>
>>26845425
It might cause glitches when used or something
>>
>>26845425
if it's in your deck, you can never find an opponent. Quality devs as ever.
>>
>>26845774
>Quality devs as ever.

I'm still shocked that TPCi is still sticking with the current dev team even after it's been proven that they're terrible on several different occasions.
>>
>>26845849
Well, we have no idea if they have or not.
We have no idea who makes up the dev team and the only time when we know there was a change was when the switched from a browser game.
Also, if they do bring in new people, then then they would lose the old people who knew what they were doing.
>>
Rate my beginner water deck, and give tips

Pokémon - 10

1 Articuno ROS 17
1 Feebas DRX 27
1 Milotic DRX 28
1 Froakie KSS 12
1 Froakie BKP 38
2 Frogadier XY 40
1 Greninja XY 41
1 Lapras BKP 28
1 Regice AOR 24

Trainer Cards - 35

1 Rough Seas PRC 137
2 Professor's Letter XY 123
1 Lysandre FLF 90
2 Acro Bike PRC 122
2 N DEX 96
1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
2 Max Revive XY 120
1 Escape Rope PLS 120
1 Pokédex BLW 98
2 Evosoda XY 116
1 Colress PLS 118
2 Steven ROS 90
1 Teammates PRC 160
1 Pal Pad FLF 92
2 Cheren DEX 91
2 Dive Ball PRC 125
1 Muscle Band XY 121
1 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Level Ball NXD 89
1 Cilan NXD 86
3 Energy Retrieval BLW 92
1 Town Map BCR 136

Energy - 15

15 Water Energy Energy 3
>>
>>26847024
Delete and start over, there's your tip.
>>
>>26847165
I appreciate the tip, but I'm just making the best of what I have. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>26847024
Fucking horrible. It looks like you just bought a starter deck and substituted some cards.

You want tips?

1) Don't just pick your favorite type(s)/Pokemon and throw some shit in to make a deck.

2) Take this monstrosity apart.

3) Go to Charizard Lounge and PokePlayer and loom at decklists. Don't just copy a deck (aka "netdeck") - actually look at the list, look at the cards, and try to figure out why someone would put those cards in there.

Example - Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor is popular right now. Darkrai's Dark Pulse does 20+ 20 more for each Dark energy you have in play. So why would people play it with Giratina, which attacks for Grass, Psychic, and 2 Colorless energy? It's because Double Dragon Energy counts as every type of energy (only one at a time though), therefore, if you have 2 Dark energy on Darkrai and a DDE on Giratina, you have 4 total Dark energy in play.
>>
>>26847024
This isn't even Standard legal. Cilan? Pokedex? Cheren? This shit hasn't been legal for awhile now.
>>
>>26847278
where do you guys go to netdeck? Also do you get your coins back when a trade finishes or expires?
>>
anyone got some cool collections of a specific pokemon
>>
>>26847024
So now that you're aware this is garbage, here's some actual advice.

Pick a focus of your deck. "Water" is not a focus. It's a type. A deck's focus has to be on one or two Pokemon. Past that it's a clusterfuck, with some exceptions (e.g. toolbox decks).

Here, I would focus on Greninja, it's arguably one of the best Water Pokemon in Standard right now. Standard is the format you'll be playing in the most, so you'll need to get rid of all of your Expanded cards. These are:

>1 Feebas DRX 27
>1 Milotic DRX 28
>1 Pokédex BLW 98
>1 Colress PLS 118
>2 Cheren DEX 91
>1 Cilan NXD 86

Now, to focus on Greninja, you're going to need 2 more Froakie (doesn't matter whether KSS or BKP), scrap the Frogadier from XY and replace them with 4 Frogadier from BKP. Then add in 3 Greninja from BKP. Lastly, you'll want to add 2 Greninja BREAK from BKP.

As for support Pokemon to complement Greninja, there are a few you'd want to look into. I'd recommend Octillery from BKP, and I would also keep the Regice from AOR. You could also consider running the Miltank from FLF, too.

Your Trainer count needs a lot of work.
>1 Rough Seas PRC 137
Add in at least 2 more. There's no reason to run just one Stadium.
>2 Professor's Letter XY 123
>1 Lysandre FLF 90
>2 Acro Bike PRC 122
>2 N DEX 96
All perfectly fine.
>1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
>2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
These cards are slow and unnecessary, they don't need to be in your deck.
>2 Max Revive XY 120
Unnecessary.
>1 Escape Rope PLS 120
Good.
>2 Evosoda XY 116
I would replace with Rare Candy.
>2 Steven ROS 90
Slow garbage.
>1 Teammates PRC 160
Good.
>1 Pal Pad FLF 92
Unnecessary.
>2 Dive Ball PRC 125
Add in 2 more. No reason not to run 4.
>1 Muscle Band XY 121
Add in 2 more.
>1 VS Seeker PHF 109
Add in 3 more. This card is necessary at 4.
>2 Level Ball NXD 89
Cut 2 of these for 2 Ultra Ball.
>3 Energy Retrieval BLW 92
You can actually cut these for a Fisherman or 2.

And lastly, your energy count is a bit high.
>>
>>26844884
If you're somehow too retarded to beat AI opponents even with a crappy theme deck, Kendall mills herself regardless of your deck if she ever gets Dedenne out. Just send out an active with no energy and she'll literally do nothing the rest of the game.
>>
>>26847509
pokebeach
yes
>>
>>26849003
of course I can win you wrung-out retarded fucknut. It's just painful to sit through a 15 minute game of wondering whether the next flip will be another energy or another shitty going-nowhere evolution line. Why are they built so fucking shittily.
>>
so, it's been a slow news season for the TCG hasn't it?
>>
>>26850600
Japan's set just came out, nothing new about our version of it. No news about future products or sets, except for that new Generations box. No news about rotation. US nationals isn't until next weekend.
>>
>>26850600
We just got a shitload of news concerning two different OCG sets and a handful of promos, though.
>>
>>26847509

>3) Go to Charizard Lounge and PokePlayer and loom at decklists. Don't just copy a deck (aka "netdeck") - actually look at the list, look at the cards, and try to figure out why someone would put those cards in there.

I aleeady told you, you fucking retard.
>>
>>26847983
I have a Mew collection that I've been working on since last summer.
>>
Tooot: I'm running a nightmarch variant with vespiquen right now but undecided. I also have a Delphox Break/Flareon Ex deck. I'm having trouble making a deck with 3-3-3 Line of carbink Break, 3 Zygarde Ex , and 2 Regirock. Should I add more Regis with a hoopa and sky field? Any tips for constructing that kind of deck?
>>
>>26853590
>any tips for constructing that kind of deck
Wait until PHF rotates.
>>
>>26853590
>3-3-3 Line of carbink Break
???
Do 4-2 or 3-2 Carbink. Having 4 of the basic lets you open it, and you should be running 4 Korrina so it's not like you'll ever miss the Break even at 2. You even get a free Compressor alongside it to make sure your FAT hits those Strongs. Carbink isn't a card that you use that often thanks to its low damage, so having too many Breaks means they'll be dead later on anyways.

I would also run Hoopa + Sky Field over Fighting Stadium. You'll rarely need or even get that +20 off Fighting considering how sparse EXs are in the meta right now, and you can actually tutor out Strong Energies and Hoopa out three Regis so it's not as necessary as before. And with how many different Pokemon you're running (Carbink, Zygarde, Regirock, Shaymin, Hoopa, and any techs), Sky Field is the only thing that stops you from clogging.

Also, I would absolutely tech in 1-2 Lucario. Lucario is a better card than Zygarde, it's just that the meta currently favors Zygarde's weakness and +10 HP. But you're going to get fucked in the Vesipiquen and rare Sceptile matchup without it.
>>
>>26853590
The problem with building a Zygarde EX/Carbink BREAK deck right now is that, like >>26853682 said,
>how sparse EXs are in the meta right now

And this would be a deck consisting entirely of clunky, high-retreat EX's. Hoopa EX and Regirock EX are sitting ducks just waiting to be Lysandre'd. If you're item locked you're going to be struggling to use Korrina effectively. And the prize trade completely negates the usefulness of hitting big numbers.

The only thing you really got going for you with Zygarde EX is high HP (230 on a regular EX with FFB is intimidating) and a somewhat favorable weakness. Its second attack is also useful since most decks will be 2HKO'ing to swing over its high HP. The extra 10 damage isn't worth risking a Lysandre'd Regirock EX that would force you to waste space on Float Stone. It's last attack will require at least on successful Diamond Gift to set up quickly. And Power Cell is worthless garbage.

>but wait, Darkrai EX and Genesect EX decks are filled with EX's, why are they doing so well?
Darkrai EX has Giratina EX is a nice weapon in this meta that slows down its worst matchups. And Genesect EX can set up pretty fast with Bronzong and can stall with Aegislash EX.

But let's look at this deck's matchup spread:
>Vespiquen auto-loss
>Yveltal is unfavorable
>Night March is unfavorable
>Trevenant is unfavorable
>M Ray is unfavorable
>Water toolbox is slowed down by Safeguard but you still get item locked by Seismitoad EX so I'd say 40/60 in their favor
>Genesect EX is 50/50
>Greninja is favorable
>Darkrai EX is favorable
>M Manectric EX is auto-win

I would question this deck's viability at nationals given so many unfavorable matchups.
>>
>>26853865
>Genesect
>Darkrai
>In Standard
Can you link some results or tournament-topping decklists? I've been saying these decks were viable rogues for months now and no one believed me.

>Water Toolbox
Link to this too, it won some European Nats, right? I remember Pooka talking about it on stream but I have no clue what it entitles.
>>
>>26853921
This article should be of some help
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/06/14/top-10-decks-for-us-nationals-2016/
>>
>>26853988
>Even Serperior is on there
To everyone who said I was wrong about FC, fuck you. You know who you are.
>>
>>26853921
Darkrai/Dragons/Garbodor has been doing well.
>>
>>26853921

better article about the Dark/Tina/Garbo version
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/06/19/weekend-report-4-what-happened-at-origins-2016/

It pisses all over Trevenant, stomps Night March if you can get Tina out, and Garb means Greninja gets rekt. And since those are the three most prevalent decks in the Standard format right now, it's no wonder it cleaned up at Origins. Big part of that was the surprise factor though.
>>
>>26855204
People will be running Megaphone and Xerosic just to push Garb's shit it now. Without Garb slowing the opponent down, this variant of the deck will see less play. I still think Darkrai/Tina will be successful.
>>
ded
>>
Still ded.
>>
>>26855275
for sure. I've added both back to a lot of my PTCGO decks just because it's appearing a lot.
>>
>>26855204
>try this deck out
>opening hand is Trubbish, 2 DDE and 4 darkness
>Max Elixir topdeck

Fun deck.
>>
Boy I love never going first, getting the worst possible hand, and my opponent getting the best possible draws and coin flips every game without variation. Makes the game so much fun when I can predict exactly what will happen when I draw my opening hand.

>shit I didn't draw anything, but I have a Juniper
>well since my opponent set up flawlessly, I'll probably dead draw off it
>yep, all 7 cards are unusable
>huh, both my Ns and another Juniper, wish those were an ultra ball or two
>>
File: mew.jpg (4 MB, 3200x1127) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
4 MB, 3200x1127
>>26847983
>>26853522
here it is by the way
also thread bump
>>
>>26841313
For sleeves that you intend to play with? They're pretty shit. They awkwardly clump and stick together, which makes shuffling difficult. The edges on them feel pretty rough too. Wouldn't recommend them for anything more than a casual deck you just want to play for shits and giggles at a league meeting.
>>
>>26847983
I have all trapinch/vibrava/flygon in existence
>>
>>26858787
>reverse foils outside of Gen III
Absolutely disgusting, get a real expedition Mew.
>>
>>26859297
It's one of the few English prints I don't have sadly. I've seen a few in person, never for sale. I'm actually not that big a fan of how the holo obfuscates the pretty artwork, since that's the whole appeal of the Expedition Base Set. But I'm still trying to hunt one down since it's reasonably cheap, as opposed to other things I'm missing like 8th movie promo Mew, McDonald's Mew, etc. that cost stupid amounts.
>>
Wow! Another game where I go second, my opponent gets a flawless start, I dead draw due to clumping, and I will lose on turn two if my balls are all tails, again!
>they are
Shocker! It's not like I haven't wasted 100 tickets to losses like this. It's not like this shit is getting old at all.

I love how I've played about 30 tournaments this block and I have yet to go first in a single fucking match. Only way I win is if my opponent is an idiot because they're guaranteed to have perfect luck.
>>
File: Fire.png (1 MB, 1365x682) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
1 MB, 1365x682
How do I fix this? Is it possible without Shaymin?
>>
Oh boy! Another loss because my Juniper drew me 4 energy and 2 stadiums! The only possible way I could have lost! So much fun in this game, totally not rigged! It's not like this has happened over 30 tournaments in a row or anything!
>>
File: 1600x900.jpg (550 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1600x900.jpg
550 KB, 1600x900
>Bought 13 Jirachi blisters I found at Target with some birthday money.
>Only pull FA M Glalie-EX, Florges BREAK, Marowak BREAK, Noivern BREAK, and a RH Mismagius.

Well, let's hope I can flip the promos for a good price...
>>
>>26860129
Last I checked Troll and Toad was buying for 4-5 dollars, but I've seen them on ebay for 10.

>reverse holo Octillery is worth more than any EX except the FA mega Mewtwos
>>
>>26855204
How does Darkrai even function here? Are you just using Dark Head off of a DDE on Giratina??
>>
>>26860148
>reverse holo Octillery is worth more than any EX except the FA mega Mewtwos

And regular Vanishing Strike M Mewtwo-EX, which is still being sold for 16 bucks on TnT.

> but I've seen them on ebay for 10.

I'm seeing them go for around 5 bucks a pop, but I only use eBay as basis for buying price. When it comes to selling, I use TnT for my initial price and TCGplayer's lowest price as my minimum price.
>>
Whats a fun meme deck to run?
>>
File: selfmill.png (338 KB, 780x404) Image search: [Google]
selfmill.png
338 KB, 780x404
>>26860232
Reverse Mill
>>
File: Heatmor-meme.png (238 KB, 776x257) Image search: [Google]
Heatmor-meme.png
238 KB, 776x257
>>26860232
Works wonders with the broken RNG, when you draw all your trainers in your opening hand
>>
>>26860244
>>26860690
Thanks ill try them
>>
File: Wailord-Mill-The-Tuff-Puff.png (370 KB, 758x396) Image search: [Google]
Wailord-Mill-The-Tuff-Puff.png
370 KB, 758x396
>>26860963
>>
>>26860129
Yeah, tough luck.
>>
got these from just two packs. i do good?
>>
>>26865823
No.
>>
>>26865979
but theyre shiny
>>
>>26843040
I run Spiritomb specifically to piss off Ace Spec users.
>>
>>26866013
They're also worthless.
>>
>>26865823
yveltal and flareon are okayish.
>>
Is the game immediately closing for anyone else right after it "loads" upon login?
>>
File: 1062169.jpg (253 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
1062169.jpg
253 KB, 323x450
I'm about to start playing TCG, just ordered a booster box from the phantom forces set

do you have any budget deck idea for a deck with the bats? I think is a cool card but can't find a good deck without EX
>>
>>26839200
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
Does this refer to the "Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments" from the previous point? Is this the onlu way to trade packs? Because those arrows for trading aren't appearing in the ones I have no matter what I click.

>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW
>General Advice
>-Quit now while you're ahead
the fuck
>>
>>26866392
The ONLY way to obtain tradable packs are to
>Redeem them via the code found in IRL products
>Win tournaments that cost tickets to enter
>Buying them from the cash shop with gems (Canada ONLY)
Did you get a pack via ANY other way? Then it's not tradable, period.
>>
>>26866358
Raichu Bats is a good deck. It does well against the top deck right now. The best lists are likely to include Shaymin-EX (As are most decks) but you can make a playable budget build.
>>
File: image.png (176 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
image.png
176 KB, 245x342
>>26866358
Pair it with this card. Raichu does a lot of damage and then the extra bats damage will grab knockouts on high HP EX Pokemon. The bats will fill up spots on the bench.
>>
>>26866452
Aren't the 3xp daily challenges still giving tradable packs? Or was that fixed?
>>
>find a supermarket with 10+ Jirachi blisters
>buy a few and plan to resell the Jirachi while they're high
>pull a M Mewtwo Y FA, M Glalie FA, M Houndoom and Zoroark

Wow, too bad the Glalie is worthless and I had it already.
>>
>>26866452
Thank you.

>Buying them from the cash shop with gems (Canada ONLY)
Really? They are called gems in this game too? Gives me bad memories of ""free"" app games.
>>
>>26866541
It's only in Canada and probably won't come over to the rest of the world.
Even if it does, the game is more than consumer-friendly with all the other ways of getting packs. An experienced player stops needing to earn packs after the first week or two, since it's very easy to profit off of trading if you know what you're doing.
>>
I'm thinking about trading some bulk cards for a booster box, what are some standout and/or expensive commons and uncommons? Pretty sure I just have cards from Next Destinies, the Plasma sets, and all of XY/Break. I know Plasma Freeze Exeggcute was useful, so I set that one aside.

On a simmilar note, which Trainers are objectively shit and never worth using?
>>
>>26866777

you want to save everything in the titles of these threads

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/

mostly: baby yveltals, night marchers, greninja evoltuoins from breakpoint, trevenant from xy, and bats

if you're unsure of prices check troll and toad
>>
>>26866874
>baby yveltals
eh?
>>
>>26866777
The best way to gauge is go to Troll and Toad, look at each set's singles that they're buying, and see how much they're paying and how many they need.

For instance, they buy Flashfire Ultra Balls at 40 cents apiece. Notable uncommons are VS Seeker, Battle Compressor, Sycamore (all sets), N, Ultra Ball and DCE.
>>
>win match
>375 tokens
>don't show up
>realize I was at 24.7k

So that's what happens when you go over 25k. They just don't count it.
>>
>>26866933
baby yveltals are non-ex yveltals from xy / generations. Their first move is Oblivion wing
>>
>>26867060
Ah, the basic one. I thought you meant a deck called 'baby Yveltal'.

Only thing I'm still unsure of is which Trainers are to be thrown in the trash. I know what's generally used in most decks, but what are the ones that are literally never used? Tierno? Potion?
>>
>>26867153
Sell those in bulk. If you can think of a card that ever sees some amount of use, it usually is worth looking up. For instance, Brigette is being bought on Troll and Toad for a bit above bulk price.
>>
>>26867188
Oh no I'm not literally trashing them, I posted earlier about trading them for a booster box or two. I was literally asking about which to get rid of in a bulk lot.

I will be using T&T to check prices, I just wanted to source some info first to make that shit less time consuming.
>>
File: 21.jpg (72 KB, 400x559) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
72 KB, 400x559
Reprint when?
>>
>>26867720
>Look at opponents hand
>Vs Seeker, Vs Seeker, DCE, Puzzle of Time
>>
File: item lock.png (233 KB, 620x634) Image search: [Google]
item lock.png
233 KB, 620x634
>>26868209
>switch to Trev
>>
Would I need a custom deck do to non-theme tournaments? I new and yet it feels like it's taken forever to slowly get more cards but I am very very far from getting 4 VS seekers or BREAK pokemon (was thinking greninja break deck). I want some tradeable packs and hate grinding only versus/trainer challenge.
>>
>>26869073
VS Seekers aren't hard to get. Shaymin EX is the card you'll be fucked trying to get. But at least Acro Bikes and Trainer's Mail can suffice. Just build a Night March deck and shred nerds.
>>
Back in the Gen II days the dark and steel energies increased a pokemons's damage and decreased the receiving damage respectively. Does this mean that people could only have four of them per deck?
>>
>>26869124
Those cards are in PTCGO, they're just special energy.
>>
>>26869103
How do I get vs seekers if I've only got 2 tradeable packs (ancient origins packs from irl codes)? Unless I do tourneys to get tradeable packs or obsessively open untradeable booster packs, I don't know how I will get more cards for custom decks.

I think I can get about 1 vs seeker right now if I trade my current packs in the forums.
>>
>>26869124
Yup. Severely limited the playability of Darkness decks that weren't Sneasel.
>>
>>26869154
Tourney's. Or just buy IRL codes.
>>
>>26869178
That just goes back to my original question of whether I need a custom deck for tournaments.
First time I tried a tournament I was steamrolled in the first round.

I'm always aware I could go in-store and get some cards but I'd like to keep using real money out for now.
>>
>>26858463
Shuffle better. Or don't play online - it's notorious for being a buggy piece of shit.
>>
>>26860069
>How do I fix this?

Take it apart. Learn how to deckbuild.
>>
Does Yveltal BREAK stand any chance of being better than Trevenant?

I'm thinking a viable build would be Yveltal/Spiritomb/Garbodor.
>>
>>26871238
Yveltal by itself is already better than Trevenant and the Break is shit.
>>
>>26866229

Anyone? Might just be me but I'd like to be sure if anyone else has this silliness happening too xD
>>
>>26860219
pretty much yes.

Dark hammers Trev or NM. Giratina locks NM or any special energy. Garb locks Greninja. Darkrai with stacks on Tina hurts and big HP deck. That's 90% of the meta beaten.
>>
Shouldoes I bother picking up Arceus lv. X for collecting purposes?
>>
>>26871881
No.
>>
>>26871881
Yes
>>
>>26871881
Maybe
>>
>>26872663
>>26872704
>>26872734
Come on, now.
>>
>>26872921
I don't know.
>>
I've had these two cards kicking around for a while, was using them to clean up scraps of cannabis. Before I toss them, I thought I'd share the codes.
>>
>>26873683
Oh yeah, and the card blocked by the bigger nug is XY.
>>
>>26873683
DUDE
>>
>>26866358
Instakill deck with creep show gengar
>>
>>26874194
Dude?
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
Today, I bought 10 packs. Today, the booster god blessed me. Maybe it's because I finally stopped being a neet shitlord and got a job, literally staring tomorrow, thanks for asking!
>>
>>26871698 here. Fixed that nonsense with a re-install.

>>26877231

Grats! :3 That Maxie art always makes me chuckle~
>>
>>26877276
Maxie also made me chuckle. The VS Seeker had me howling. The Rayquayza had me questioning if I took my meds. All four of those SR and UR cards were pulled in succession.

Best part is the two packs I weighed, a pair of Fates Collide, both had shit all holos with shit all reverse holos.

I'm pretty sure the VS Seeker actually came from the pack that I salvaged before handing in a partially shoplifted tin (fucking Yveltal edgelords). I don't care if Fates or Break packs get tossed, but I can't stomach a Skies pack being destroyed. Thankfully the UPC is the same on the naked packs as the cardboard ones, and nobody at the cash knows or cares that they don't sell loose boosters.
>>
>Guy AZ's his Shaymin and doesn't put it down again due to having more that 6 cards meaning that when I one hit KO his Pokemon with Magnezone he has no benched down

Good.
>>
>Played in Cdn Nationals yesterday
>My opponent uses Drive Change to return the Fighting Fury Belt from a Genesect EX that has 210 damage to it
>Ended up winning that game because of that free 2 Prizes

I would've expect that kind of mistake in casual play, but come on
>>
2016-2017 Standard Tier List:
Tier 1: YZG, Greninja, Vespiquen
Tier 2: M Alakazam, M Sceptile, Mew Toolbox, Water Tool Box, , Darkrai/Giratina
Tier 3: M Rayquaza, Zygarde EX
>>
>>26878175
I'm guessing this is assuming XY-PHF gets rotated, that the West doesn't get CP4 (lol), and doesn't apply to Worlds, right?
>>
>>26878175

Assuming PHF will be rotated out, I can't see how YZG can be as good as before since it would lack Battle Compressor to get that Turn 1 Gallade reliably
>>
>>26878255
It won't need Gallade anymore because Manectric, the ONLY Electric threat in the format (Joltik doesn't count), gets rotated too.
>>
>>26878192

>The West doesn't get CP4

We will probably find out if XY12 is a thing in Japan within a month or two. Even then, unless TPCi actually trims the amount of EXs in the English version of CP4 the prices of Shaymin EX is still going to be quite high since it'd be next to impossible to pull Shaymin EXs when the set would have 20+ EXs

>>26878373

>Manectric is the only Electric threat
>What is Jolteon EX
>>
>>26878192
we won't get cp4. japan has gotten all kinds of exclusive sets like that.
And even if it does apply to Worlds, Toad/Tina is Dead; NM is dead, Vespiquen is Dead; we have Karen and Forrest Ranger. Mega Man is only good for two decks unlike the amazing variation you can put into Dark type and even then Mega Man loses to a well placed Toolbox and M Alakazam, and Zygarde as well.
>>
>>26878175
>Vespiquen
>no BC
>tier 1
Laughable. Kill yourself.
>>
does BREAKPoint have official value of buying now?
>>
>>26878575
yeah and I just remembered Karen too so dunno what I was thinking.

but kill myself?
>>
>>26878501
>What is Jolteon EX
A card that most players are starting to consider irrelevant despite it being virtually in its prime. Most builds aren't even dedicating space for it any more. Most articles have been talking about this considering Nats.

And since the most important big basics are rotating out in this fantasy scenario (NM, Toad, Yveltal getting a BREAK tech option, etc), it becomes even harder to justify slots for Jolteon.

Even ignoring its drop in favorability and its dissolving niche, an Yveltal deck has a much easier time dealing with Jolteon than it does with Manectric.
>>
>>26878579

In terms of actual value? That is still debatable since Greninja BREAK is the only card that actually has monetary value when most other EXs and BREAKS in the set are relatively worthless

>>26878615

Points taken I usually just laugh at any Jolteon EXs anyway by Foul Play-ing Flash Ray
>>
Anyone have a list of energy accelerators in the current meta?

>Max elixer
>Xerneas
>Togekiss ;D
>Mega Manectric
>Bronzedong
>Blacksmith
>Carbink Break
>Baby Lando/Yvetal
What else?
>>
>>26878175
Don't forget a lot of other relatively low-tier decks will get a huge bump up now that weakness priority is changing, and that the two biggest sources of item lock are getting rotated out. Not to mention Vileplume doesn't really have much of a partner without Vespiquen, unless we're going to meme with Sceptile/Plume or Yanmega Break/Plume.

Decks like Genesect, Darkrai, Serperior, Primal Groudon (it's still topping!), Garchomp, Flareon EX, and Rainbow Xerneas all have States/Regionals wins and will have more of an impact without item lock.

And XY11 might have some sort of impact. Both Volcaronas look great, and a few others look usable.
>>
>>26866534
I got one from one a couple days ago, so probably.
>>
>>26877405
>I don't care if Fates or Break packs get tossed, but I can't stomach a Skies pack being destroyed. Thankfully the UPC is the same on the naked packs as the cardboard ones, and nobody at the cash knows or cares that they don't sell loose boosters.

Booster aren't usually tossed, they're just sent back to the distributor who then inserts those packs into value products they make.
>>
>>26878781
Mega Turbo
Reshiram RS
TM Camerupt (sort of)
Xerneas XY
Baby Volcanion
Garchomp
M Sceptile
Magnezone

Since you included Togekiss, I'm guessing you also want shit cards, so
Blaziken PC
Sceptile PC
Delphox BREAK
Entei AO
Flygon FuF
Palkia EX
Houndoom EX
Hydreigon PHF
Illumise PC
Lapras XY
Meowstic BP
Milotic FF
Parasect BKT
P Kyogre EX (sort of)
Sableye Promo
Vivillon BKT
Volcarona AO

This is all from memory so I probably missed a few or got a few cards/sets wrong
>>
>>26878976
Oh, and also Team Aqua's Admin.

Also, Dimension Valley, Florges BKT, and Politoed FuF technically count as energy acceleration.
>>
>>26878994
>>26878976

Thanks guys

I am trying to make some rouge decks.
>>
>>26878175
ive been seeing this a lot lately, but what the fuck is water toolbox actually?
>>
>>26879477
Seismitoad EX + a bunch of Water Pokemon. Regice, Articuno, Glaceon EX, namely.
>>
Bink
>>
>>26878908
Good to know, thanks anon. Still going to go for the RS packs, tho.
>>
save me
>>
Taking YZG to US nats, how's this look?

>Pokemon (16)
3x Yveltal XY
1x Yveltal EX
3x Zoroa BRP
3x Zoroark BRP
1x Zoroark BREAK
2x Gallade BRP
2x Shaymin EX
1x Jirachi XY67

>Supporters (10)
4x Sycamore
1x N
1x Lysandre
1x Delinquent
1x Maniac
2x Maxie's

>Items (24)
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
3x Battle Compressor
3x Trainer's Mail
3x Acro Bike
3x Float Stone
2x Muscle Band
1x Megaphone
1x Super Rod

>Energy (10)
6x Darkness
4x DCE
>>
>>26882133
this list looks super fun to play

overall i would drop sycamore to 3 and add another N, but it looks solid
>>
How much is mega Ray-ray worth? I pulled him out of a booster pack 'Ancient Origins', but I'm not fond of it.
>>
File: smug putin.jpg (16 KB, 406x422) Image search: [Google]
smug putin.jpg
16 KB, 406x422
>Shitting on an itemlock deck

Feels good.
>>
>>26879477

Seismitoad-EX and 59 other cards.
>>
>>26882133
- 1 x Gallade
- 1 x Maxie
- 1 x Sycamore (Optional)
+1 x Yveltal BKP (Optional)
+1 x Trainer's Mail
+1 x Reverese Valley or Parallel City
>>
>>26882133
-1 Battle Compressor
-2 Sycamore
-3 Acro Bike
-1 Float Stone
+ Zoroark BREAK
+ Trainers' Mail
+ 2 Reverse Valley
+1 Musce Band/Fighting Fury Belt
+ 1 Darkness
+1 Xerosic/TFG/Enhanced Hammer
>>
>>26878741
It has FFB, Delinquent, Greninja BREAK, Darkrai, Espeon, Slowking, Trevenant BREAK, Bursting Balloon, Max Elixir, Puzzle of Time, Reverse Valley, Manaphy, Ho-oh, and Splash Energy.

Flashfire has what? Lysandre and Charizards.
>>
>>26878850
yeah but Genesect is dead without Bronzong.

Serperior only does like, 150 with muscle band and that's getting ruled out too. I can agree with Groudon though, but Sceptile will be really high in ranking so it's hard to see unless all groudon's run Focus Sash, which again is being ruled out.
>>
>>26885677
>Espeon
>Slowking
>Ho-Oh
>Splash Energy
I don't know why you're bothering to list these when they're all pretty bad.
>>
>>26878850
>weakness priority is changing
Wait, what? How?
>>
>>26885739
They're obviously just padding a list of obviously good cards to make it seem more impressive.

Although to be fair Ho-Oh EX saw play during States, as did Slowking.
>>
>>26885753
list please? I've been thinking of making a fun ho-oh deck
>>
>>26885739
Espeon is Alakazam's only decent counter to M Sceptile.
>>
>>26886826

That is in no way a counter. It places the cards in the hand and then your turn ends. They just evolve next turn and you still can't hit them with your abilities. In fact, you wasted a turn.

>>26878175

Assuming post rotation

Tier 1: Yevltal/Darkrai/Garb, M Sceptile
Tier 2: Turbo(Or Fairy)Tina, M Alakazam, M Ray, P Groudon, Rainbow Xerneas
Tier 3: Raikou/Mag, Greninja, Carbink/Zygarde, Flareon/Volcanion

Maybe Tier: Vespiplume, M Gardevoir, Water Box, Jolteon/Glaceon

There is no way that Greninja stays top tier as the Meta is likely to gain a lot more HP and it looses Muscle Band and Xy Greninja to fix numbers. Vespiqueen looses battle compressor but I'd be interested to see if you can get away with it with out them. It's the only item locking deck in the format so it should see play but it may need an extra set. I don't know what you think Mew has to Tool Box but it doesn't.

I may have rated Raikou/mag too low and M Ray and P Groudon too high.
>>
>>26887409
Not that anon but with Megaphone and Espeon they'd be fucked for a turn.

But it and Xerosic are rotating so it's neglible.
>>
>>26887706
You'd have to Megaphone twice to clear all their links as most lists I've seen run a full 4 links but only ever play two M Sceptile at a time as that's all you need.

Also one M Sceptile takes two M Alakazam with ariados
>100-10-10 then 100 Dead
>10, then, 40, then 160, then 610 Dead

Also M Sceptile runs lists with Silent Lab too.
>>
>pokemon

4x froakie
4x frogadier
1x xy greninja
3x bkp greninja
3x greninja break
1x stardust jirachi

>supporters

3x sycamore
3x wally
2x n
2x fisherman
1x ace trainer
1x lysandre
1x delinquent
1x archie

>trainers

4x dive ball
4x vs seeker
3x trainers mail
2x battle compressor
2x head ringer
2x max potion
2x megaphone
1x ultra ball
1x sacred ash
1x super rod

>energy

8x water

i've been playtesting this deck for almost 2 months now and i'm bringing it to us nationals. I recently added lysandre / megaphone to deal with garbodor since it's usually a huge problem
>>
>>26888324

>No BKT Octillery

Some will argue that it is essential for the deck since you have no draw engine outside of Trainers
>>
File: バチュルまん.jpg (165 KB, 866x1200) Image search: [Google]
バチュルまん.jpg
165 KB, 866x1200
>>
>>26888324
Jirachi wont save you from garbodor or any other deck.
>>
>>26888324
This is inconsitent af. You don't need Jirachi, Ace Trainer, Delinquent, Archie, or Head Ringer.

This is supposed to be as fast as possible. By turn two, you should have out two Greninja minimum and maybe a Greninja Break if you can Wally again.

You still need some defense/recovery cards in heavy offensive decks like these, but your problem is you're mixing in unnecessary defensive cards. You need Fisherman, but Delinquent is useless - especially since you're not even running a stadium (you need to be running Rough Seas).
>>
>>26887409
First, learn who to spell "lose".

Second, you're jumping to conclusions based on nothing but your own opinions. We don't even know which sets will rotate (or even if there will be a rotation this year) and we don't know whether or not non-Japanese nations will be getting a reprint set.
>>
For the daily challenges, do you guys pick token or booster rewards? I'm max level and I always pick tokens so I can save up for rotating bundles. I heard that booster rewards are tradeable though.
>>
>>26891780
They're not.
>>
>>26887920
yeah but you run 4 dimension valley
>>
>>26891787
Which is getting rotated.
>>
>>26887920
How does Silent Lab interact with Alakazam EX?
>>
>>26892114
Negates it. The ability belongs to a Basic.
>>
>>26888324
ignore those twats. Jirachi is essential.
>>
>>26892335
>Jirachi is essential.
Yeah if you want to lose
>>
>>26892952
Not him, but Greninja decks specifically were topping with as many as 2 Jirachi during States.
>>
>>26892958
More like gayninja
>>
>>26892961
hue
>>
When will the bug with having to long in multiple times be fixed?
>>
The Generation boosters in the Mythical Collections don't have Booster Codes? That's pretty dissapointing.
>>
>>26894032
The box itself has a code. When you redeem it, you get the box promo and sleeves and two Gen packs.
>>
>>26894045
Oh, fucking sweet, I figured it was just for the promo. Thanks anon.
>>
>>26894032
Because Generations boosters aren't sold separately they have no codes they just have box codes.
>>
They need to make evolution lines viable. Their "fix" for EX's being some Pokemon just become immune when using certain moves sucks and does fucking nothing for other pokemon it just makes another tier.
>>
>>26894903

>need to make evolution lines viable
>2/3 tier 1 decks are evolutions
>bronzor and garbodor are major parts of tier 2 decks
>>
>>26894947
>>2/3 tier 1 decks are evolutions

And the rest are a complete waste of time because you can get a comparable EX up much faster.
>>
>>26895011
it's summer again

give me an ex that can set up a t1 lock and then we'll talk, newfriend :^)
>>
>>26895011
Your complaint isn't that evolutions aren't viable. Your complain is that there are too many garbage cards. Most people share this sentiment. 90% of every set is useless filler.
>>
>>26895096

>give me an ex that can set up a t1 lock

Sure is summer in here. You should cool off with a nice cold glass of Quaking Punch
>>
>>26895349
>quaking punch
>turn 1

Adorable.
>>
>>26895349

casual 13 year old detected
>>
File: states tierlist.png (12 KB, 238x772) Image search: [Google]
states tierlist.png
12 KB, 238x772
>>26895011
>And the rest are a complete waste of time because you can get a comparable EX up much faster.
Here's the tier list for States. It's a bit dated and doesn't include FC, but it's the latest huge chunk of results for a major Standard-only tournament set unless I've missed something.

As you can see, there are only three (3) EX decks above Tier 4 out of nine (9). Meanwhile, there are five (5) evolution decks above Tier 4. So as of right now, the meta has shifted heavily in the favor of evolution decks, so much so that we even have a Stage 3 deck on the list.

Not only that, there's also something really important that needs to be noticed here. Out of the three EX cards on the list, we have Seismitoad from FuF, Manectric from PHF, and Rayquaza from RS. Those are really old sets in the format, and two of those are supposedly going to rotate out next format.

Why is that important? Because we've had 56 EXs and 21 Megas since Roaring Skies. None of those are above Tier 4. Almost all of them aren't represented in tournaments whatsoever.

EX and Evolution are in the same boat. The mechanics aren't inherently viable or a waste. Both of them get a huge share of filler cards, and whether or not a card is viable or a waste is arbitrary, as the tier list proves.
>>
File: vp tcgo cards.jpg (1 MB, 2241x3733) Image search: [Google]
vp tcgo cards.jpg
1 MB, 2241x3733
Don't visit this general, but was cleaning some shit up & found these two cards. Hope they work out for someone.
>>
File: umad.png (219 KB, 408x469) Image search: [Google]
umad.png
219 KB, 408x469
>put together a shitty Eerie Scream Gourgeist/Ariados/Chaos Tower deck
>somehow keep beating the Meta
>>
Do you guys think the Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor deck will still be decent after rotation?
>>
>>26896789
It will be better when Megaphone and Xerosic rotate and there's no way to negate Garbotoxin.
>>
File: 307217.jpg (158 KB, 328x450) Image search: [Google]
307217.jpg
158 KB, 328x450
How long do you think the EX pokemon and their mega evolutions will last?
I don't use them but is saddens me that Medicham hasn't gotten one yet and therefore there isn't a card for its mega evolution.
>>
>>26896878
For the foreseeable future, since the mechanic has expanded across three gens.
>>
>>26896878
if ex's weren't reprinted in the first break set, I could see them ending

sadly, I think we're stuck with them for now
>>
>>26896878
Considering we'll have a bunch of megas unrepresented, they'll stick at least another gen. If they go, they'll be replaced by some new strong ultra rare. They won't make the same mistake they did with BW base through NV.
>>
>>26897065
>They won't make the same mistake they did with BW base through NV.
You do know SP Pokemon, which existed just before EX Pokemon, were virtually the same thing. PLi absolutely loves printing big basic mechanics.
>>
>>26897249
If they started off Gen 7 like they did with Gen 5 after all the shit introduced in 5-6 with just normal mons and all the ultra rares were just alt arts of things, hardly anyone would care about buying packs because there's nothing really valuable in it and any good single would just be sold that way. That's why BW base and Emerging Powers aren't worth shit, Noble Victories at least has N.
>>
are there any youtube channels worth following? idc about pack openings. Just looking for meta strategy.
>>
>>26897382
pooka used to make decent videos, but he stopped making videos because he got hired by pokemon :^(
>>
>>26897410
>>26897382
same anon, forgot about team fish knuckles. kinda gimmicky decks sometimes but decent coverage.
>>
>>26897382
This gets posted every week and every week I offer to stream and no one ever seems interested
>>
I'm gonna use the elite trainer box sleeves on my magic deck to trigger some neckbeards
>>
>>26891780
>>26891785
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42539-daily-challenge-packs-being-tradeable/?p=479880

>If you get a tier 3 challenge (they have a gold star next to them) which offers booster packs as rewards, those booster packs are tradable so this is not a bug
>Since it takes a lot of time and effort to get to the point where you can get tier 3 challenges the designers wanted this as a reward for completion.

Is their PR guy lying?
>>
>>26898071
Oh so that's what's going on.
>>
File: top tek.png (15 KB, 870x44) Image search: [Google]
top tek.png
15 KB, 870x44
Is there a way to view items on T&T by their sales ranking?
>>
Why is the thread so slow?

Also, when is rotation going to come? Rotation is practically going to kill Night March and Vespiquen, right?

Which other cheap deck can you build for next format?

I'm sorry if it's too much questions, I got back after six months
>>
>>26898071
I have no idea what "golden star" he is talking about but as soon as I reached "knock out 16 pokemon" they became tradable.
>>
>>26899877
>Why is the thread so slow?
No news.
>Also, when is rotation going to come?
After worlds like it has since forever.
>Rotation is practically going to kill Night March and Vespiquen, right?
No idea.
>Which other cheap deck can you build for next format?
There are no cheap decks as long as Shaymin EX and VS Seeker are legal.
>>
>>26901153
$40 for a playset of a 100% splashable staple is as budget as you can get when it comes to card games.
>>
>>26901206
Considering that will be factored into at minimum about $100 total, after Shaymin EX, all the trainers and all the Pokemon.

Cheap is of course a relative term. Cheap compared to a meta MtG or YGO deck? Absolutely. Cheap compared to not spending any money at all? Obviously no.
>>
>>26897468
you gotta just do it and then build the audience. Don't wait for people to ask. If you're good, people will watch.
>>
>>26901153

without considering Shaymins and VS Seeker what would be a good cheap deck to build for current meta? Other than Nightmarch and Vespiquen
>>
>>26902023
Nightmarch + Vespiquen
>>
>>26902023
Garchomp is cheap but it's garbage in this meta. You'll get easy wins against Darkrai decks but lose to most else. Greninja is cheap except for the BREAK being $20 each and Octillery being $12. Night March and Vespiquen usually run too many Shaymins to be cheap. So that doesn't leave much in the way of "cheap meta decks."
>>
What's the most effective legacy deck? I tried going for a darkray/sableye deck but I'm getting destroyed by most decks.
>>
>>26902186
Vir/Gen, Weavile, Junk Box Trubbish
>>
>order fates collide elite trainer box
>they send me a booster box instead
thanks
>>
shaymin EX should be banned
>>
>>26903504
N should be banned
>>
>>26903504
>>26903671
VS Seeker ban when
>>
>>26903741
drawing cards at the beginning of your turns is unfair ! 1!!!! :( :( :( ban :( :( :( :(
>>
>>26903766
Ban EX's
Ban Sycamore
Ban item lock
Ban DCE
Ban tools
Ban N
Ban Lysandre

Every game should be about coin flips and Tierno
>>
>>26841061

The problem with the TCGO is that it functions on true randomization rather than the sufficient randomization that IRL games do.
>>
File: 20160629_170454.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160629_170454.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Hey kid, you want some codes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDE7HG9JO5s
>>
File: 20160629_170505.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160629_170505.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Not able to go to Nationals; just bought plane tickets/car payment. There's always next year.
>>
>>26903816
Your point?
How does that make any difference whatsoever?
>>
>6 wins in tournaments
>Standard is coins

FUCK I don't want to play "flip a coin" theme.
>>
>>26905582
Play Legacy and be sure to play CelebiVirGenGarb to minimize luck factor.
>>
>>26905582
this weekend is gonna be 24-ticket Expanded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.