[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CELL AND CORE CONFIRMED FOR SM THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL ALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
CELL AND CORE CONFIRMED FOR SM
THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL
ALL FORMS OF ZYGARDE WILL BE IN THE GAMES
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
I thought cell/core would be weak and a waste of team space.

I'm interested to see how these are implemented. Hopefully the whole zygarde thing isn't shoehorned and forced.
>>
Nice, I wonder how the Core and Cells will work. Also if there are going to be two Cores.
>>
File: Zygarde 10 percent.png (580 KB, 922x456) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde 10 percent.png
580 KB, 922x456
>>26930960
Important to note, amidst all the hubbub, both Zygarde 10% and 50% can have Aura Break as their ability. This is more news for the latter than the former.

What this means seems a little vague. On the face of it, there means there's Zygarde 10% who can't turn into the complete forme. It's all a bit odd, and it still feels like there's something missing about how Zygarde is going to fit into the game.

We also haven't seen any in game footage of the cores and cells, though they seem to be in the game. It's highly likely they won't be able to battle, so who know how they'll be implemented in the game. Will cores be represented by the 10% formes, explicitly mentioned to only have one core? 50% has no mention of core numbers, but going off the anime it's one as well. Since Zygarde Complete is confirmed to have five cores (another little bit of theory confirmed, as it happens), will we have to collect 5 cores in game?

It's all kind of interesting to consider at the moment.
>>
>>26930960
NO KALOS THEN
>>
>>26931126
>What this means seems a little vague. On the face of it, there means there's Zygarde 10% who can't turn into the complete forme.
Ability Capsule?
>>
>>26931126
It actually specifies that the Cell's and Core's cannot battle. I think they technically appear in the swarming animation for the transition, though.

It'll be curious how they show up in the pokedex, though, if at all.
>>
File: 718.png (905 KB, 2216x2488) Image search: [Google]
718.png
905 KB, 2216x2488
>>26930960
And here I was thinking the core wouldn't be there at all. My excitement for Zygarde has been restored.
>>
>>26931147
Maybe. I'm leaning towards their being some NPC or something that changes the ability specifically for Zygarde and specifically to Power Construct. Having to use an ability capsule seems pretty odd for a Pokemon advertised like Zygarde. There's also the problem that Power Construct jumps immediately to Complete, regardless of the original forme. So what purposes does the 10% forme serve?

There will probably be some side quest/post game plot thing or whatever. Would help give the 10% forme a "purpose," in the sense of being like an unevolved Pokemon. You come across a single core at 10% or whatever, and then have to find the others to unlock the Power Construct ability. That still leaves out the 50% formes relation. Can you switch between the two at all? Going with the quest idea, will it turned into a 50% at some point before getting access to Power Construct?

The whole "ability that turns it into 100% regardless of the forme once it's HP is in the red" makes it a lot more weird than the usual "Special item changes the forme" we've had since Gen IV.
>>
>>26930960
Ugly as fuck desu
>>
>>26931126
The core/ cell are items that make Zygarde transform
>>
>>26930960
no fucking shit
>>
>>26931211
>"ability that turns it into 100% regardless of the forme once it's HP is in the red"

Minor nitpick, but it's once he gets below half. Also restores 50% of Zygarde 50% HP, that would be a good as fuck ability on its own.
>>
>>26931211
>"ability that turns it into 100% regardless of the forme once it's HP is in the red"

It was confirmed to activate once its HP is halved. Apparently it heals Zygarde by 50% too when it transforms.
>>
>100% has only Power Construct, not Aura Break

Isn't Power Construct precisely useless in 100% Zygarde?
>>
>>26931242
>>26931245
Huh, must have missed that on the site. At least the avoids it putting Zygarde at a serious disadvantage in order to activate the transformation.

Still though, it makes having a 10% and 50% forme seem odd, given either can got 100% with the ability and, so far, 50% seems stronger than 10%. If 10% could to 50%, it would make more sense, as you could get 10% as, again, a kind of pseudo unevolved forme, that could turn into 50% then 100%. Given how the transformations work, though, it might be kind of a hassle to do that in battle. Which is why I think it'll probably have some way to switch between them out of battle, though that still leaves 10% with little to do unless you can't switch right away.

>>26931226
Relatedly, I'm not sure they'll just be items, either. I don't really see GF putting pokemon as simple items in the Key Items pocket of you bag.
>>
All of this muckery just has me confused, but it answers nothing about how it's form changing works. It's plain this is just lore and the game mechanics are doing something else entirely.
>>
>>26931245
Yes, it's like a Pokemon that restores HP after it evolves to have higher base HP.

50% has 108 Base HP and 100% has 216, it restores 2*108 = 216 HP upon form change.
>>
>>26931308
Given how monstrous 100% stats probably are, it's no doubt an intentional bit of balance. The idea seems to be having Power Construct at all is what lets Zygarde 100% exist.
>>
File: 1449832221406.png (1008 KB, 1280x1485) Image search: [Google]
1449832221406.png
1008 KB, 1280x1485
The question is how do you change between 10% and 50% form. Maybe there will be some sort of key item "cell gatherer" or something. Because I assume after a battle is over complete zygarde will revert back to the form it changed from much like mega evolution.
Its just odd that both 10% and 50% can both change into 100% I mean It makes sense but why use 10% which will probably be weaker when you can use the 50% form. Maybe because of the speed or something.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.