[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will they just remove Stealth Rock already?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: stealth rock.png (82 KB, 1423x435) Image search: [Google]
stealth rock.png
82 KB, 1423x435
When will they just remove Stealth Rock already?
>>
>>26926032
Never. But what if they made it last 5 turns like weather instead?
>>
>>26926032

removing it is
unnecessary.
>>
>>26927671
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: salem12.jpg (28 KB, 562x352) Image search: [Google]
salem12.jpg
28 KB, 562x352
I think they should be "absorbed" or cleared when you send out a rock type, and rock types should be immune to them.

Though, Smogon would probably ban all rock types to ubers
>>
>>26929230
you people are funny with your being bad and blind hate
>>
As they are, they're fine, but I'd rather entry hazards not exist at all.
It makes for an extremely boring and predictable early game.
>>
File: salem shitposting.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
salem shitposting.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>26929235
oh, learn to take a joke
>>
>>26926032
stop being a nigger and get good at pokemon
>>
>>26929244
one to two turns doesn't constitute the early game.
>>
Make defog have more PP than them.
>>
give moves like gust, twister and leaf tornado the ability to clear them from the battlefield.
>>
File: amine kayne west.jpg (72 KB, 929x559) Image search: [Google]
amine kayne west.jpg
72 KB, 929x559
>>26926032
Hope they buff hazards

switch-happy fannies deserve stalagmites right up their shite-tubes
>>
>>26926032
Handy flowchart friend.

>Is it broken in VGC?
>If yes, it might get nerfed but not removed.
>If no, nothing happens, it might even get buffed.
>>
>enigmatic erections
Gold, OP. And no they won't. Deal with it.
>>
>>26926032
Just because this comes up so often, here are a few ways to deal with Rocks, in descending order of ease of use:

Defog
Rapid Spin
Magic Bounce
Magic Coat
Taunt
Play hyper offense
Play balance
Play anything without a 4x rock weak mon

Rocks and other hazards serve to keep some Pokémon in check (Talonflame, Charizard, Volcarona) and majorly weaken VoltTurn and Stall. They are not necessary to have on your team, even though they are strong, and have multiple ways to deal with them. There is no need to remove them, and it can be argued that their presence is good for the game.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.