[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would YOUR team be? Consider what is your profession, your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27
File: 1445140277516.jpg (397 KB, 1400x1464) Image search: [Google]
1445140277516.jpg
397 KB, 1400x1464
What would YOUR team be?
Consider what is your profession, your favourite activities and how feasible is having those Pokemon if you were a trainer.
>>
Three Luvdisc, because I'm a failure.
>>
>>26924750
From my days upon days of surfing the internet nonstop, I'd definitely have a Porygon-Z at this point. Probably torrented the Dubious Disc myself.

As for other Pokemon... I dunno, probably a cat Pokemon judging from the trio of housecats currently living in my house. Wouldn't be surprised the one currently on my bed were a Litten in this hypothetical Pokeverse.
>>
>>26924750

>Audino
I'm a nurse
Machamp
>go to the gym quite a bit, also need some capability to hold down an aggressive patient since I'm in a behavioral unit I'm probably pushing it, but fuck you, he's my bro
>Litten
I like cats
>>
Uh....

Conkeldurr or any of the pre-evos to help me carry around the weight.
Lopunny as receptionist girl.
Snorunt because I live in a LITERALLY hole in the middle of snowy mountains.

Cannot think of anything else. I guess because I like dolls I would ended up with a Banette haunting me? Not sure.
>>
>>26924750
Chansey/Blissey: Good at keeping a house in order while I'm gone. Helps me recover from sickness or injury faster, and can make me happy when I'm not. Affectionate, and no particular upkeep requirements. Can Sing me to sleep, helping my sleep issues.

Tropius: Mostly lives off the sun, and I have plenty of space. Provides snacks and flight.

Chikorita/Bayleaf: Low maintenance like Tropius, and provides cheap cooking spices instead of fruit. Both Chikorita as a shouldermon, and Bayleaf for full-body cuddles are good.

I probably couldn't take care of any more, I just don't have the time or resources. Tropius and Chikorita are manageable because the low food requirements. I have the space for more, but I just can't support them.
>>
Ho-Oh to fly around because that would be awesome as fuck.

Kricketune and Chatot because I'm a musician.
>>
>Arcanine
I have 4 dogs
>Porygon 2
I'm a Comp Sci major
>Trubbish
I live in NYC
>Pelliper
I live right by the water
>Duskull
I feel like some kinda ghost goes well with my depression and the duskull line is my favorite
>>
>Porygon-Z

Favorite pokemon and vidya

>Jolteon
>Galvantula
>Magnemite
>Jolteon

Electrician

>Scrafty

I live in Baltimore.
>>
I'm an artist, a luthier, I like philosophy and martial arts, so probably Smeargle, Meloetta, and Lucario for a three. I have to say, however, it would be an enormous pain in the Wobuffett to happenstance a Meloetta. But it's all theoretical, so Wynaut.
>>
If Houndoom's pokedex entry didn't talk about its flames leaving permanent burns, I would probably have just a Houndoom. In addition, maybe a Samurott. To get a water/fire mammal thing going on in my team.
>>
>>26924750
porygon magneton rotom
don't know the english name for my work, electrician/computer engineer its the closest thing that comes to my mind
herdier(terrier) maikai(closest thing to a sepiida?) treecko(lizard) for my pets, I amazed how fucking low the amount of fish pokemon is
>>
>Audino
I feel with people very easily and tend to even feel more than they do even if I barely know them and they just told me whatever's going on
>Malamar
I like to write, and squids make ink, I guess ? It also has that weird english movie bad guy theme to it and I'm an english student. Really pulling at straws here.
>Male Lopunny
I'm a complete slut
>>
>leafeon
>abomasnow
>crawdaunt
>kingler
>reunicleus
>parasect
Bio/marine bio student who lives in coastal New England, loves getting out doors, nature walks, skiing, etc. Very john muir-like philosophy. Crawdaunt should make it obvious where I am.
>>
Charizard Y, starter choice (assuming we get those).

Smeargle, art hobbyist.

Noivern because b/c you can never have enough noisy Dragon friends.

Nidoking, my favorite Pokemon since the beginning. I'd search for a Nidoran before anything else.

Rotom, a solid companion for a technology-filled world (also a go-to P2 for vidya I guess).

Slaking or Musharna.

Bonus legendary pick: Unbound Hoopa.
>>
>>26925140
Are you a girl ? Tell us more.
>>
>>26925204
I'm a boy_
>>
>>26925238
At least I didn't shout LONDON
I'm sure other Anons are interested though.
>>
>>26925253
I'm not a trap, just a guy, I'm not even girly
I kinda wish I was but I'm way too lazy and not enough of a hikkikomori neet to become a trap
>>
i live in the suburbs but my office location is at the shore and I'm a database administrator.
So with that we have pidgeotto, kingler, and porygon.
In my free time I like to workout, draw, and go swimming.
With that I'd have a machamp, ditto, and golduck
>>
>>26924750
>Partner mon: Whimsicott (mostly because of my flighty and prankster personality)

>Runner up: Audino (medicine student)

>Friend for hobby 1: Smeargle (work as a designer for money)

>Friend for hobby 2: Altaria or Kricketune (I'm violinist and used to sing a lot back in time)

>Friend for others reasons: Cinccino (it's the mon with a scarf, I am known for using a black scarf evrywhere I go) and Buneary ( I lost my little sister eight years ago, we played Pokémon together and she really loved Normal-types, so it was her favorite mon. I wish I she could have seen Lopunny getting a mega )
>>
I live on a farm so I guess
Miltank, Leavanny, Sunflora, Vespiquen, Torterra, and Trevenant.
Maybe switch one of them for a torchic
>>
>I have two dogs that look like foxes
Ninetales
>I do competitive swim
Floatzel or Mega Swampert
>I run a lot
Male Lopunny, i guess? Can't think of any other Pokemon that seems like a runner.
>My favorite movie as a kid was The Never Ending Story
Drampa
>I have grown and maintained a bonsai tree for 11 years (since I was 9)
Torterra
>I work with technology/ electronics
Rotom or Porygon Z

Overall not a bad team.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 638x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 638x454
>>26924750
>Smeargle
I'm going to school for art, so yeah
>Beheeyem
It's my favorite Pokemon and I am a conspiracy nut
>Electrode
Because I want to kill myself all the time
>Simipour
I smoke a lot of pot, and this is the closest thing to a Rasta Pokemon there is
>Chatot
I go to a lot of music shows
>Spiritomb
Ultra superstitious and it's my favorite ghost type
>>
Lucario: I'm a fighter
>>
Lucario
Heracross
Staraptor
Dragonite
Amphrose
Typhlosion
>>
Rayquaza
Groudon
Arceus
Zekrom
Mewtwo
Yveltal
>>
>Infernape
Skinny ginger
>Raichu
Lt. Surge (Army Veteran)
>Snorlax
Like my food and sleep
>Accelgor
Love manga/anime plus one of my favorite bugs
>Sableye
Very mischievous and pokedex entry about stealing Souls
>idk
>>
Well since I'm trained to be a hotelier, I guess it would be

Gallade
>valor & leadership; bold enough to take any risks
>this will be my partner
Meowstic
>security; paying extra attention to one's premises; basing this off from it's type and ability: Psychic and Keen Eye
Leavanny
>hospitality; provision of good reception, service, and entertainment
Togekiss
>friendliness & sociability
Milotic & Chandelure
>symbols of appeal; evoke interest to customers so they could leave without any regrets and come back without thinking twice
>Milotic could also symbolize my love for swimming as its my favorite sport
>and Chandelure could also be for ... fancy hotel chandeliers :^)

They blend so well together. I think its a great team.
>>
Volcarona-I like bugs and fires
Machamp-I like martial arts
Starmie-I like the ocean and gems
Venusaur-I like plants
Alakazam-I want to be a PR manager and am currently a media major and I like public speaking, if I can't convince, I can hypnotize
And togepi/tic/kiss to help calm me down
>>
Going to school to become a sign language interpreter.

I'm sure I could have Pokemon that can use telepathy (Gothitelle, Espeon, Chandelure?) to speak with everyone, hearing or deaf, to help more than one person at a time.
>>
Ditto, because he could potentially mimic a creature design I drew up, and then it'd be easier to rig it in 3d with a real life model.

Audino, because nursemon is bestmon.

Gardeviour, because I'm interested in psychology and criminology, and she could help me as a research partner.

Aggron, because I like hiking and loathe lawn management, and who wouldn't want a body guard?

Munna? Potentially? I don't know if Munna can envoke dreams of if they just eat dreams.

And lastly, Abomasnow for portable AC frost breath and potential cuddlemon.
>>
>>26926294
Aggron likes planting trees though
>>
>>26926306
Exactly - he does my landscaping. He'd love it! Although his dietary requirements may be an issue...
>>
>lives in Norcal
>self loathing artist mild depression
>obsession with mushrooms
>Shitty Jobs; currently grocery store cashier
>alcoholic tendencies
>loves Irish Folk and Rap
>stays in all day
>stays out all night
>naps sporadically

Let's do this;
given personality-

>paras
>breloom
>nincada
>zigzagoon
>lombre
>murkrow
>slakoth
>phantump
>pumpkaboo
>deerling

but due to my location probably more like

>paras
>breloom
>nincada
>zigzagoon
>murkrow
>deerling

pic related
>>
>>26924750
>Porygon2 and Rotom
I'm an IT guy, they would be so useful and probably moddable
>Musharna
I really like sleeping, might as well have something that can make me have dreams that aren't bullshit
>Joltik
I'm around cracked-open electronics all day and I could probably use a Joltik as a voltmeter
>Trevenant
Favorite mon, could use a house plant, would probably require little to no upkeep besides my undying soul
>Persian
I like cats and could use the Pay Day money
>>
>Profession: Forester
So I'd probably have some grass and flying types with me, like Treecko or Leafeon, and Starly or Tailow. Smeargle could work too, for the practical purpose of marking trees to cut

As far as favorite activities, there's gaming, and that sounds like electric types to me. Galvantula or the new Vikavolt would be fun, or Dedenne. Porygon Z is a must. And then Aegislash for LARPing

Yeah, that'd be a fun team I think. Wouldn't be very competitive though.
>>
>>26924750
Bulbasaur
>I work in a gardening section of a department store
Volbeat
>There are a fuck ton of lighting bugs outside my house every night
Munchlax
>I've been eating alot recently but not fat yet
Slakoth
>I like to chill and "slack off"
Slopoke
>I have a terrible reaction time and memory and struggle to think clearly
Cranidos
>I headbutted a door down recently
>>
>>26925997
>Eevee holding everstone
So many options in life but I don't know what to choose
>>
Surprise there aren't any rates
>>
>>26926140
Hello fellow Hoosier.
I made this post.
>>26926509
>>
>>26926385
>obsession with mushrooms
>naps sporadically
kek
>>
>>26924750
Profession & hobbies: Modelling, Boxing and lifting weights, browsing /vp

HItmochan
Lucario
Skarmory
Jirachi
Articuno
Entei
>>
>>26924750
Darmanitan
Munchlax
Blastoise
Porygon
>>
Klefki, since I'm always losing my keys, so it'd be helpful. Also my favorite.
I guess maybe a solosis since I'm majoring in microbiology.

Maybe an oddish, since I'm sure they're common, and I like bellossom.

I also wouldn't mind having a litwick, pineco, eevee, zigzagoon, or maybe an onix too.
>>
File: team.png (593 KB, 1200x830) Image search: [Google]
team.png
593 KB, 1200x830
Venusaur- Bulbasaur was my starter, and I'm about to become a dad for the first time ever in a couple weeks. I feel like this is the place I'm finally really at.

Vigoroth - I work a lot. Part time in a restaurant, part time in a warehouse delivering inflatable jumpers. I'm young, strong. Grew out of always being tired, ready to grow up and go back to sleep.

Togetic - Shoulder mon. My buddy. Has been since Silver.

Chimecho - I've traveled a lot, spent time living on the streets. Hadn't had a place I called home for some years until recently. I love the sound of wind chimes, they sound like home. I want to take a piece of that feeling everywhere I travel.

Watchog - I mostly just love the design of the guy, but he reminds me a lot of myself. I consider myself stern and protective.

As for my sixth, I'd probably go with Suicune or Drampa. Suicune has always been one of my main partners, and Drampa reminds me of an old stoner. Even though I've been 100% drug free for a year or so now, I intend to get back to it after dealing with my life and getting comfortably old.
>>
>>26924763

But you'll have the perfect relationship.
>>
File: Luvdisc_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (27 KB, 501x344) Image search: [Google]
Luvdisc_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
27 KB, 501x344
>>26924763

Luvdisc is a very special Pokémon.
>>
Gardevoir because I'm a waifufag
>>
Profession pokemon is basically non-existant because i am a lawyer.
I would have a persian because i like cats. I guess a houndoom because its the closest to a rottweiler. After that i cant take care of more
>>
>profession and hobbies:
I work retail and maintenance 40 hours a week, and work a higher end public relations job on contract, where I normally excel from having more grounded observations of public behaviour and tendencies from my first job. Lifting, urban spelunking, repair work, I keep a small garden and do a little antiquing for my hobbies.

Probably just a couple of baltoy, maybe a baltoy and a claydol at best, and a bronzor / bronzong as well. An unown, if I'm lucky.
>>
File: Abra.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Abra.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>26924750
Abra: Grew up in a rural area, kinda cold but mostly warm. I sleep constantly and would require a pokemon that would take minimal effort to care for but also something I could carry around in a back pack. Also when I go out partying I usually struggle to get home safely so having a teleporting pokemon would be bitching.

I'm aware that most psychic pokemon need a special connection with their trainer to fully utilize their skills, but I believe I could do it since I'm a pretty devoted kind of guy and I have an affinity to the psychic type since they suit my standard play style in the game. Would my abra ever evolve? probably not, I prefer the cute little guy and if he did so be it. I'm not trying to be the best but it'd still be brilliant to sucker punch some fools with an attack they didn't expect from the sleeping bro. I don't need anything else. If I did it'd probably be a Tauros since I live down from heaps of Brahman farms, or something you'd find in cane fields (looking at you Rattata and Venipedes). It's hard to say since Australia doesn't exactly have it's own region version but it's pretty much certain Serviper will roam the lanscape and considering the abundance of the snakes in AUS I'd probably get one. Probably a mightyena as well, most of these rural towns have farm dogs and wild dogs that go up against dingos. But I wouldn't get a Stoutland, I consider them Ugly.

>Abra
>Tauros
>Mightyena
>Serviper(Maybe)
>>
>>26924848
>Behavioral unit
Yeah man, take a machamp or at least a machoke. Dealing with that job I'd give you any fighting type you need. If you live near a port town or an army barrack you should find a machop pretty easy. You and your bro should be legit.
>>26925005
>Arcanine
Sounds great. I'd love a big boy like him myself. But they are also known as the legendary pokemon and as far as I know they can only really be found in the police force. But being in NYC you can probably find one expensively in the pet store but you'll have to search. I don't picture many Growlithe or Arcanine roaming around the ally.
>>26925041
>Electrician
I always loved how they had electricians with electric pokemon in the lore. One of those nice comfy feels. Is the double Jolteon a choice though? Because you don't have to limit yourself my friend. Plenty of other pokemon or even steel type to consider.
>>26925140
>Malamar
There's worse links to make... maybe... Malamar is definitely a unique one, start travelling, give yourself the excuse to have met one.
>>26925164
>Bio-student
Yours are straight up on point. Might be difficult to feed and care for them all (abomasnow) but the easy to care for (parasect, leafeon, kingler) should make the others manageable.
>>26925188
>Nidoking
You'll find the Nidoran easy, it's just getting that moonstone to be the hard part. Then again I'm pretty certain the stones are only a requirement in the games, in Pokemon Life it's an extra option. Hope you've got the money to feed that Slaking or if you live in an apartment you'll need to find away to keep that Slaking opened up. You'll want a big guy like that to like you, you'll be doing plenty of cooking and park visits with him in your party.
>>26925431
Sorry to hear man, she's probably playing with one in person though which is a nice thought. I know when I pass on I'd choose pokemon over any other after life. Nice pics though, the Kricketune pick shows youve put the thought in to it.
>>
>>26925480
>Farm
They also farm other pokemon. Mareep and what not. Or even farm hands, if you'd like a fire type perhaps the Ponyta? Do you own a horse. I guess it does depend on your farm though.
>>26925485
>Drampa
Going for them new releases early. Fair enough, to each their own.
>>26925581
>Electrode
It won't suit you if they other pokemon also exist. I don't believe you'll suicide in a pokemon world, too many friends dependent on you.
>>26925694
> Fighter
There are other fighters. Heaps of them. How much of a fighter? Maybe a tyrogue if you like to scrap? Or even a Primeape? Don't settle for Lucario, there's more to pokemon than Riley's mascot.
>>26925997
>Raichu
Thanks for your service. Surprising I didn't see an Arcanine there, we all remember that picture of a soldier growing old with one. Very touching. But nice picks. A love me a Sableye too.
>>26926031
Solid picks but a lot of them will take effort to find which might cut into your job. Unless you're from a rich family which is entirely possible. I hate to break it to you, but without wealth, in a real life it's going to be a mission to get Togekiss and Milotic. Be prepared. Also why not a Cha-tot? Charismatic and quirky, could help.
>>26926101
Big picks but more obtainable then the picks above. Just remember real world limitations which I think was implied by OP. Starmie is a neat pick though, I didn't even consider being close to the beach in mine, dang.
>>26926188
>Telepathy
Noble and completely makes sense. That's a brilliant attitude to have, if this comes true I hope you get yours the most.
>>26926294
>Abomnasnow
Definitely good for the AC use, but if you need AC I worry you live in Phoenix or something, in which case your poor bro will probably melt. Plus, how do you find an Abomnasnow in Phoenix? Pro TIp: you can't.
>>26926385
Sometimes I worry that I'm putting too much effort into this, so it's refreshing seeing someone who thinks the same. I see nothing to improve on your pics.
>>
>>26926394
>Persian
I'm surprised I don't see this more. I thought most of us lived in cities and most likely owned cats in real life.
>>26926403
>Wouldn't be competitive
I think people are getting really caught up on this fact and I don't know why. In real life you aren't a Pokemon competitive professional. I'd wager none of us survive off of living on the money we have made battling pokemon. We all have jobs, we all live in our respective areas. Oh well I suppose.
>>26926509
>Cranidos
top kek. But I love your picks, Slowpoke would require the ocean, but hey, who hasn't visited the ocean in their lifetime?
>>26926520
If there was a fighting type I'd say pick that and start working out, never too late to hit the gym.
>>26926650
>Jirachi Articuno Entei
I wish you luck. But if Ash can find them why can't you?
>>26927022
>Solosis
Brilliant pick. But the onix is worrying to have around a campus. Still, doesn't mean you couldn't have caught one, bellossom isn't too far out of your reach either, but you'd want to do it right or you'll end up with a Vileplume. And I don't think the R.A.'s will be stoked with a gigantic spore volcano lviing upon their carpets and releasing stink gas everytime it get's nervous. Better than a Gloom though.
>>26927222
>Venasaur
Congrats man. Your picture shows your team well and I'm not ashamed to say I've done the same thing. Togetic will be hard to come by but your almost a dad, you've seen the world. I wish you luck.
>>26927389
>Persian
I was going to suggest this as a lawyer and then saw you put it in anyway. Nice choices.
>>26927456
>Splunking
neat hobby, a real life explorer. Don't forget your zubats ;)
>>26927493
Forgot add I live near an ocean and a huge reef. So water pokemon won't be out of the question. Like a goldeen or something, I don't regularly fish.
>>
>>26927493
Couldn't you get Kangaskhan?
>Australia
>>
File: Scan_20160101.png (3 MB, 1618x1035) Image search: [Google]
Scan_20160101.png
3 MB, 1618x1035
>>26927871
>sometimes I worry that I'm putting too much effort into this

Honestly, friendo, shit like this is what my love for pokemon has boiled down to. the games are pretty dissapointing, the card game is shill based, the last bit of good anime we got was Origins, and the competitive scene is garbage.

The only thing about pokemon that keeps me interested anymore is the pokemon themselves.

>I see nothing to improve on your pics
thanks man
>>
File: 1466702056044.png (75 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1466702056044.png
75 KB, 500x550
>>26924750
My ace in real life would be Ampharos.
>My parents have been breeding some sheep, and I remember dearly some of them from when I was a kid. I imagine myself watching it growing up and evolve as it would watch me growing up as well.

Magnemite line and Rotom
>The best lab assistants an electrical engineer could wish. Magnemite would help me in testing the hardware itself, while Rotom would be of help while debugging firmware.
>I imagine they wouldn't be too hard to get if you have the right contacts with experimented colleagues.

Pachirisu
>Another lab assistant, shouldermon, cute as fuck and helpful if I lose something or drop something from my workbench.

Machop line
>I like martial arts and trekking. It would be nice to have a partner to train with.
>>
Biolgoy student in an advanced course, hoping to be a scientist. Hmmm.

>Porygon2
Computer use, especially important for me since I need to handle large amounts of data.
>Houndour
I have a black dog, and the dark type is because according to old lady superstitious something about me repels ghosts.
>Solosis
For cell work, maybe?
>Mudkip
Would probably do well where I live, hot and human with nearby sea.

Any suggestions?
>>
I think I would just hang out with a Croagunk.
>>
I'm just a janitor
>elgyem
>minccino
>trubbish
>>
>>26924750
>Seismitoad
I live in a swamp
>Crobat
We have tons of bats up here in the summer
>Glaceon
Very cold in basically every season that isn't summer
>Golduck
I like swimming
>Arbok
I like snakes. Also it was obviously caught as an Ekans.
>Torkoal
I LOVE tortoises/turtles. I would have to go somewhere pretty far away to get this, but I would definitely find a way.
>>
>>26929194
if it's so cold year round Torkoal could be your Heater
>>
>>26924750
>tfw you work in meteorology but hate Castform
>>
>Rotom
Would help with fixing appliances, I get irritated when things break.
>Serperior
My main housemon, would train for battle, mostly for self defense and general traveling
>Altaria
For fluffs and flying transportation because fuck roads.
>Chancey
I actually have a fear of critical medical conditions. It'll be like my own personal doctor.
I would consider getting a Goodra, just to find out how it is to hug it with all the slime it produces.
>>
>>26928248
They'll probably be endangered. Or a pest and people total their cars on them. Kangaskhan is definitely a possibility
>>26928644
Amen to that brother.
>>26928856
>Ampharos
It's a shame comfy threads aren't as popular as they used to be, I should have saved some pictures, but there were a few of a mareep farm that used to circulate. I urge you to find them, I think you'll enjoy them. But nice picks, shouldermons are the best and the choices fit nicely.
>>26928884
>old lady
Well at least you won't need spell tag in the Lavender Town tower, or repels. But for a hot and humid pick I wouldn't be afraid to put in Staryu, especially with it's uniqueness and Starmie often being Scientist picks due to it's obscure anatomy. But if you find yourself heavily devout in your work you might need a Mr Mime to pick up your slack. At the end of the day it all comes down to what biology you'll be studying and only you know your exact location. Take a stroll one day and imagine what pokemon might be rustling around. A Slowbro might not be a bad pick, it all depends on you.
>>26928902
>Croagunk
Toxic fistpumps
>>26929046
>Janitor
So many choices here depending on where abouts you are a janitor. But I take it you live in a city from your picks.
>>26929194
I like that you are aware of the effort for Torkoal, but the rest also fit rather smugly in easy to train and easy to find, to a point mind you. That Golduck doesn't remind me of a cold climate pokemon so make sure you have plenty of scarfs!
>>26929266
All rather hard pokemon to find but a good end zone to aim for. Maybe not Rotom in a modern world, but Serperior could be difficult depending on where you live. But I definitely get a travel vibe from you so it's completely possible to stumble across one considering youre willing to search.
>>
>>26929251
This is a good idea. I like it.
>>
>>26929416
>>26929194
Well we do get ducks here in the summer. So I figured it might be able to transfer over to this,
>>
>>26929416
Staryu and Slowpoke are two of my favourite Pokemon too, just that they're competing with Swampert. Having a Slowpoke as a cute, easy maintenance pet that evolves into a slowking would be great.
>>
>>26929451
Interesting thought. I can see Swanna being in colder climates for their apparent feathers, but I'm not sure if Golduck have small feathers or not. Or if it's a similar leathery skin. Perhaps fur akin to the Platypus, you do find Platypus in cold streams and rivers. I guess you don't need feathers to live in a swamp during summer, I wouldn't be surprised if you had one
>>
>Scyther, Leavanny
I work in landscaping.
>Ralts
It's cute, and would be super cute napping on the countertop at the gym after it teleported me there. I can't drive because I have seizures.
>Joltik
For petting and carrying around.
>Oddish
See above.
>Jolteon
Main pal, most trained.
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 256x168) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 256x168
This would be my current team. I don't feel like explaining, but it's 100% accurate.
>>
>Espeon
I'm a middle school ELA teacher. I always imagined Psychic types would be handy in the classroom, both for academic and socio-emotional learning. At the very least, they'd eliminate a lot of the disruption that comes with large-scale formal assessments). I also take my work home with me a lot, and Espeon's pretty well suited for apartment living.

>Honchkrow
I live in NYC but I grew up in Baltimore. Not a Ravens fan (or even a football person), but they're pretty emblematic of the city

>Aipom
I play piano and love to cook. Having an Aipom around would come in handy.

>Altaria
Music, but also for long-distance travel.

>Walrein
Grew up by the water & live by the water. Spheal easily could've been my starter.
>>
File: 1452439736480.jpg (64 KB, 800x718) Image search: [Google]
1452439736480.jpg
64 KB, 800x718
>>26924750
I'm NEET garbage but trying to learn to draw, so maybe a Smeargle. A standard Porygon because Internet. A Togetic to bring good fortune and positive energy because I get depressed, and a cat 'mon for company. Probably a female Meowstic.

Seems pretty comfy.
>>
Software Engineer, do pretty much nothing when not at work aside from spend time with friends, eat, sleep, and occasionaly get lost in thought.

Togekiss
Medicham
Snorlax
Goodra

Chill for days
>>
Currently a construction worker, so I gotta have a machop. Thats mandatory. I go fishing every now and then, and catch catfish, so barbroach is cool. Honestly wouldn't be able to support more than 2, but I love my very energetic pitbulll, so electrike/manetric or snubbul
TL;DR
machop
Barbroach
Electrike/manetrike or snubbul
>>
>>26924750
>Aron
Because it's so cute and small I can keep it in my appartment
>Swablu
Because he's fluffy
>Leafeon
Because it'll help me taking care of the flowers in my appartment

Only three because I don't win much and I wouldn't be able to feed them
>>
philosophy student:

Elgyem: I really like this pokemon and for being an alien would be helpfull with researchs and stuff due his psychic powers and the unknown ways of comunicate too

Volbeat and Illumise: as i hobby i like botanical drawing and insects in general
>>
>>26924750
Well, being a poorfag, and having a heavily ill mother to care for, I doubt I could have too many, but thats besides the point.

>Zoroark
My all time biggest bro, he would help with my nervousness and my pathalogical lying by being a guardian of sorts, and by using illusions my make my lies work in the short term, plus working in Hospitality means that he could help me, with some tidying of the hair of course, hopefully he wouldnt shed much hair, or else he'd have to live in the shed.

>Noivern
Would make commuting a breeze and would more than likely share my love of music, feeding him would be a pain, unless he would hunt the thousands of Pidoves and Pidgeys that inhabit London.

>Yungoos
For sheer cuteness and companionship, plus a great ratter.

Thats all I could afford I guess, I'd love to have all of my bros like Tyrantrum and Druddigon, or even Drampa, but I simply couldn't keep them.
>>
>>26924750
Smeargle - I'm an artist

I have nothing else going for me
>>
Klefki because I'm intelligent and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
File: artist.png (358 KB, 671x477) Image search: [Google]
artist.png
358 KB, 671x477
>>26930469
A performance artist?
>>
Auzzie Builder, I do martial arts and boxing for fun
Conkeldurr - Work
Machamp/Machoke - Boxing
Sawk - Martial Arts
Nekkoala - Straya
Arcanine - 2 Dogs
Persian - 2 Cats
>>
>>26927687

Electrician here. The double Jolteon was legitimately me forgetting that I had already wrote Jolteon once. Might want to replace the second Jolteon with a Slowpoke in that case.
>>
>Have lived in a rural community near farms, forests and reservoirs most my life
>Work on cables and with electricity a lot

Ampharos raised from a Mareep from a local farmer as my first poke, then a couple forest dwellers or route 101 mons like a Rattata or Furret.

Maybe a Zorua since we get a lot of foxes in the area.

Ampharos and Zorua would be 10/10 to be around
>>
>Teddiursa
Shouldermon. I'm a big hairy guy, my appearance may suggest that I'm some violent guy but I'm actually pretty tame.

>Milotic
I'm a pisces. I'm also what you would call a late bloomer, someone who thought of himself to be ugly and was an all around sorry-existence until adulthood. I also appreciate cute and feminine stuff.

>Rowlet/Noctowl
Owls are y spirit animal apparently. I'm an introspective and observational person.

>Audino
I'm studying to become a doctor, Audino is the perfect companion.

>Meganium
The fragrance of Meganium's flower soothes and calms emotions perfect for attending patients. In battle, this Pokémon gives off more of its becalming scent to blunt the foe's fighting spirit and i'm more of a pacifist.
>>
>>26924750
Bartender-
Spinda - drunks
Slaking- lazy drunks
Primeape- Bouncer
Hypno- Social therapist
Ambipom- Busser/ bar back
Emboar- Chef
>>
>>26930690
Why not Hitmonchan for boxing?
>>
>>26932919
Because Machamp is inherently superior

>>26930690
Pretty good team you got there
>>
File: BIG MEATY CLAWS.png (18 KB, 621x643) Image search: [Google]
BIG MEATY CLAWS.png
18 KB, 621x643
>>26924750
An all ice type team because my last name is Snow
>>
>>26933434
You know nothing
>>
>>26924750
Thats tough to say.

I'm an investor professionally. Favorite activities are tabletops, writing, game design, weight training (self gym), and having existential crisis combined with my general anxiety.

I wanna throw in Croconaw as a option considering I lived in gatorville Florida most of my life, although I don't want to come off as a special snowflake for it considering I imagine most people wouldn't have the starter Pokemon. Haven't quite hit the age where it'd be a Feraligatr yet.

Considering my creative interest I want to say something like Ditto. I'd be inclined to say Smeargle but I feel that works better for the artist.

Machop to represent physical fitness level, not quite machoke level and my I haven't sprouted my second pair of arms yet.

Lastly something like Pumpkaboo to represent the personal crisis, the fact I was born in the month of October, and how I still carve pumpkins every year.

>Croconaw
>Ditto
>Machop
>Pumpkaboo
>>
File: BannedfromAG.png (153 KB, 274x217) Image search: [Google]
BannedfromAG.png
153 KB, 274x217
>>26924750
I do a lot of art, Smeargal.

I'd have a random bug mon, most likely Spinarak or Joltik based on the amount of Spiders I have saved. Or weedle for a time I took a hornet outside while my family was screaming in fear because they "never have seen a wasp that big". I am probobly one of the few people who could handle an irl Beedrill.

Helioptile because I have a Bearded Dragon.There are no bearded Dragon mons, but conceptually Beardies and Frills have the same defense mechanism.
>>
based on where i live :
>Murkrow
there's a fuckton of crows here. Seriously, sometimes you can't have a conversation outside because of how loud they are
>a ghost type pokémon like haunter or banette
i live near a cemetary and used to go there a lot when i was a kid
>Cherrim
because my garden is the best in the suburb desu
>Skitty or Espurr
everyone here has a cat or two. the streets are covered in cats

and probably Porygon-z because he's my bro and i like digging around computers and stuff. also video games

that's quite a lot to take care of tho i'll probably only take two or three of them when i leave the house
>>
>>26930561
You might want an Umbreon instead
>>
>Dwebble
I'm an aspiring shut in, not a NEET or anything, but I'm aiming to get a job where I stay home all day. I also love hermit crabs.
>Swirlix
I have an outstanding sweet tooth, I'm actually feeling a little ill because I scarfed down a rice crispy treat and 4 of those chocolate cupcake things a few hours ago.
>Snorunt
I adore the cold, but only because I get to bundle up because of it, I also strongly dislike heat. I also live up north with super cold winters. Snorunt fits the whole shutin vibe as well.
>>
>>26925238
LONDON
>>
>>26925485
Doduo line, Growlithe line, and the Ponyta line are all known for running pretty fast or over long distances.
>>
>>26927389
So far, you're the only who read that their pokemon are supposed to be limited by how many they can realistically take care of.
>>
Houndour-my dog
Porygon-studying to be a network administrator
Poliwag-like fishing

Probably be my only 3 don't have time to really focus on more than that
>>
>NEET who plays vidya all day.

All electric and steel stuff I suppose like all nerd trainers have.

>Porygon Z

Software making buddy since all the nerds in universe are into robots and shit.

>Jolteon

Electric pet that can supply power to experiments.

>Magnezone
>Probopass

Can help with experiments involving magnets.

>Galvantula

Just because dorks are always established to like bugs.

>Rotom

Robot pilot.
>>
File: poke.jpg (189 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
poke.jpg
189 KB, 800x800
Hmm, my lifestyle isn't pretty exciting. Though, I think that my team would consist of Ivysaur, Lickitung, Farfetch'd, Heracross, and Rotom.

Ivysaur and Heracross to help me with my gardening

Lickitung and Farfetch'd to help me with my cooking

And Rotom to help me do chores around my house.
>>
>>26935558
>he can't take care of 2-3 small animals
>>
>>26935558
Nigga the first 6 responses to the thread have like 3 max and one even explicitly said he cant take care of anything past 3
>>
>>26935441
A couple hours away from London
>>
>Graphic Designer
?
>Live in Norway
I'd pick an Abomasnow if I was close to nature. Other than that I have no idea what type of pokemon would be native to my region.

I guess I'll pick a Gardevoir because I'm a weeb.
>>
>>26936051
Sorry I should've said most people.
A lot of posts here have 6 fully evolved mons. Nigga, one person even said they were a cashier. You are not caring for 6 large animals on a cashier salary.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 351x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 351x303
>>26936285
where you at boy?
>>
>>26937136
Unless they are ghosts. Ghosts eat for free.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 640x1136
>>26937170
Once proving why ghost type is best type.
>>
>>26937154
The land of baguettes
>>
>computer & vidya guy
Probably porygon 2 it looks less creepy than the other porygons and is kind of cute.

>two dogs
Stoutland and arcanine. Stoutland would be fun to ride around on, he can even learn surf and arcanine is badass yet loveable.

>I love ghost types and the Dusknoir line is one of my favorites

I would probably have a duskull to just float over my shoulder and be a bro, plus i wouldnt really need to take care of it since its kind of dead to begin with

I probably cant take care of much more.
>>
>>26924750
>Gourgiest - I love Halloween and I live near a farm so...
>Gengar - Lots of abandoned buildings where I live and I have friends to trade Haunter and then trade back
>Garbador - realistically speaking Trubbish and Garbodor would be where modern civilazation is
>Conkelldurr - A lot of construction goes on where I live too
>Parasect - Theirs a trail exploding with lush life including mushrooms, lots and LOTS of mushrooms
>Gothitelle - Because I'm a very gothic motherfucker

I shall treasure them forever as a trainer should.
>>
File: tumblr_n9yq0eqFWv1qcivrbo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9yq0eqFWv1qcivrbo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>ohio
Sunflora
Trevenant
Pidgetto(mega)
>family owned a farm
Milktank
>shitty City
Rotom (lawn Mower)
Garbodor
>>
>>26925140
>male lopunny
Oh my

>>26928884
Maybe I'll add on a bug, Vikavolt seems right up my alley since I'm around electronics a lot. I'm usually fucking surrounded by bugs, so it's inevitable that I might keep one instead of having Houndour remove all of them.
>>
>>26925188
>wanting to play vidya with a rotom

What do you like losing or something?
>>
File: 250px-306Aggron.png (81 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-306Aggron.png
81 KB, 250x250
Growlithe and eventually an arcanine if I can afford its diet and a fire stone. I love dogs and that mother fucker is my og pokebro.

Staryu because I just love the little fucker.

Sunflora because I love sun flowers and taking care of it would be cheap.

Aaron would be my last one and the least likely because of its diet. If I could afford it and was a good enough trainer, eventually Aggron.
>>
>>26924750

>Pachirisu
Lots of squirrels where I live.

>Bunnelby/Diggersby
Lots of rabbits where I live.

>Bunneary/Loppuny
See Diggersby.

>Lilipup
I have a small dog.

>Honchkrow
Lots of crows where I live.

>Poliwhirl
I found a frog in my backyard once.
>>
>Sawsbuck
One of the best Gen 5 pokes and I live in the Northern foresty area where we have more wild animals then humans
>Sableye
Easy to find in the Diamond capital of Canada, pretty cute mon too
>Glameow
Technically my girlfriend's cat but its mine too
>>26934984
You're from the north too? what country?
>>
>>26924750
>wooper
I kinda like swimming and i live around a bunch of water. Also good for putting you to sleep.

>ampharos
I find myself needing something charged a lot of the time, and live not far from a lighthouse

>deerling
Deer are fucking everywhere here

>herdier
I have a dog

>Meowstic
I had a cat that was always quiet

>Delibird
I used to have a delivery job
>>
Be a explorations geologist
Problably a meme team of shiny gems-like Pokémon with a fossil for fucks and giggles
>>
>>26941878
And a fucking Rhyhorn for rocky paths and one flying rescuemon because safety first
>>
I work in a petstore and I just can't imagine the difficulty of working in a pokemart. The sheer number of species you would need an understanding of to answer even basic questions on health and behavior must be daunting. Not even considering the danger inherent.

Anyway, I would probably have time for 3 pokemon and would go with something super domestic and reflective of reality, something native to my area(sonoran desert), and then something exotic that was abandoned by its previous owner/origin.

1) Eevee (not ready to decide on an evolution
2) Cacturne
3) Cubone

>>26941878
>fossils
Do a 4 man team, first being something useful for your job(Sableye for mining or something that lets you fly to see the larger picture, big dumb fighting type to help you move shit), your 2 favorite resurrected fossils, and then something endemic to your favorite geologic region or features.

Unrelated, If I were to only have one chance to go out of my way to camp and hike in one place, where should I go based on your field work/off time?
>>
>>26942104
Probably this team
>Dugtrio for digglet dig digglet dig trio trio trio
>Rhyhorn/Gogoat for travel and heavy stuff
>Omastar because Lo Valdes Formation is full of that shit
>Altaria for flying comfy if something bad happens (I don't remember if some Pokémon helps lost/hurt travelers lorewise)
>Shiny Bronzong because looks like Cu-oxides
>Sableye because that shit is literally hungry for rare stones
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>26942104
Sorry, didn't read the question.
If you want camp with some big ass trees, the Chilean south is for you, it's real beautiful, and the north has majestic mountains, in the Atacama Desert you can find meteorites and IRL Baltoy (and a fucking picture of an gigant ayy lmao)
>>
>Smeargle
I am a professional artist

>Chatot and/or Ducklet
I love birds and have pet parrots and a duck

>A Flying-type that can fly for many hours, such as Pidgeot
I usually deliver my artwork by mail, so it would be my work buddy
>>
File: 1449152114199.jpg (665 KB, 1378x2039) Image search: [Google]
1449152114199.jpg
665 KB, 1378x2039
>>26929416
I yet wonder why isn't Ampharos my favourite Pokemon, knowing that Mareep is the most likely Pokemon I would have in real life.

Meganium is actually my favourite Pokemon, but knowing that they're handed only to zoology students and researchers, like all other starters, I don't think it would be part of my team.
>>
File: Spain Feel.png (178 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
Spain Feel.png
178 KB, 922x882
Let's see:

>Spaniard (from Barcelona)
>My hometown haves sea and mountains with lots of forests
>Actor/Singer/Clown/Showman/Whatever
>Love reptiles (any kind of animals, but specially reptiles)

I think it would be something like:

>Popplio
>Chatot
>Mime Jr
>Kricketune

>Maybe Totodile and/or Treecko, because fav mons

What do you think?
>>
I'm an animation student.

A flying Pokémon, preferably Noivern or Crobat so I can get to and from class, or to ferry me to locations where I can study from life, or even just get away from people. I really love bats, currently working on an animation project involving them and studying their flight. I'm most active at night, it's when I tend to get most of my work done. A Noctowl would be an option, too.

Arcanine or Stoutland, I have a dog IRL that's my entire world. I love him more than anything. Canids are my favourite animals.

A Rotom/Galvantula/Magnezone to help me out with electronic equipment I work with on a daily basis, some of my favourite Pokémon.

Heracross, I've always had a huge fixation with beetles, wanted to be an entomologist when I was a kid.

Excadrill (and more recently Rowlet) are my favourite Pokémon, I don't think I could have a team without one.
>>
File: 1467457258963.jpg (48 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1467457258963.jpg
48 KB, 400x500
>Porygon-Z
favorite pokemon and vidya

>Ninetales or Zoroark or Delphox
my favorite animal is foxes, and i like all of these pokemon but i'd prefer delphox or ninetales for winters, since i live in northeastern america

>Braviary
i like birds too

>serperior/milotic
sneks are cool too

>flareon or rockruff or arcanine
i had a dog that died recently. she was brown so i just chose the most brown pokemon

so yeah theres my indecisive as fuck list
a sixth member could just be a second snek or fox
>>
>Xatu
Why not knowing the future of mankind?
>Metagross
Why not having a supercomputer?
>Beeheyem
Why not having an alien?
>Golurk/Claydol
Why not having something from a lost civilization?
>Magnezone
Why not having a UFO?
>Starmie
Why not havibg sonething that sends radio waves into outer space?
>>
>Omanyte
I'm a History student and my course involves Archeology
>Houndour
Looks like my dog
>Munna
I'm a heavy sleeper
>Porygon
I'm into retro games/computers
I don't think any of them would be evolved since I would probably be too lazy to go outside and challenge people to battles.
>>
File: oy.png (85 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
85 KB, 300x224
>just want to go on a fun Pokemon adventure with a qt Gardevoir, a righteous Dunsparce, a mischievous Mismagius and a Flygon with an inferiority complex
>get stuck with Hypno, Persian, Alakazam, Probopass and Regis
Being Jew is suffering
>>
>>26937207
this
>>
>>26943954
>PoPPlio
Seems right
>>
Leavanny, because crafts
Smeargle, art
Mienshao, martial arts
Audino, tender and very feeling person
Vulpix/Fennekkin, fox fan
>>
Spinda and Roselia
>>
>Swadloon
I've always thought bugs were pretty cool and as a kid climbed plenty of trees. Now as a NEET it would be my best pal in chilling out.

>Abra
I sleep way too much and have seen glimpses of shit that happens a or two month later in my dreams.

>Banette
It may just be something that hunts me given that I lost so many toys as a kid. May have evolved from a Shuppet since in high school I was a dick to people.

>Vulpix
I always run into foxes when I go camping and have had quite a few dogs in my life.
>>
Eevee
Purugly
Crobat
Vileplume
Mightyena
>>
File: 1462682210195.gif (608 KB, 320x211) Image search: [Google]
1462682210195.gif
608 KB, 320x211
>>26924750
>Jumpluff
He's my bro
>Glameow, Meowth
I love cats and I praise my current one.
>Corsola
I'm useless but someone might like me
>Chikorita
I like weed, but no way am I paying for it, I just smoke with the person who has it
>Porygon Z since I spend so much time on my laptop
>>
I work in QA so probably I'd just have 6 metapods like a bug catcher
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 200x150
>Sales Associate at Dollar General and in College
>I like getting high in the woods and playing Pokèmon/Animal Crossing/Kirby

>Kecleon (since he's always a merchant in the SMD games and my favorite)
>Munchlax (I always have a bag of Munchos in the woods)
>Reuniclus (Going to major in biology)
>Wingull (I like seagulls)
>>
File: #winning.png (13 KB, 299x276) Image search: [Google]
#winning.png
13 KB, 299x276
>Gengar
Solid bro /10 and partner in pranking people

>Alakazam
I like reading and writing, good discussion mon

>Audino
About to have a baby, BEST NANNY EVER

>Jirachi
Work in EMS, wish all patients back to good health #winning
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.