[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad that I'm only now finding out that Mythical Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: slooooooooooow.gif (7 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
slooooooooooow.gif
7 KB, 350x300
Is it bad that I'm only now finding out that Mythical Pokemon are a thing?

I mean, I guess it makes sense for Legends and Mythicals to be seperate classifications, but you'd think there would have been a bit more hooplah around it.
>>
I thought the term "mythical pokemon" was fairly recent
>>
>>26924616
It was a subtle addition that they decided to localize it in gen 6. It took me a while to figure it out, too. Imo it's only really important for the anime and when dealing with semantics.
>>
>>26924616
Nah, like the others said, it was pretty recent terminology. I only found out "mythical" was a thing about one-two years ago, when sites insisted on calling Hoopa and Diancie such.
>>
>>26924616
they're all legendary pokemon to me
>>
>>26924616
If it makes you feel any better, if for years you called Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc. something like "Event Legendaries", then you basically called them Mythicals from the start
>>
>>26924616
Nah don't be. I only really fully realized it when Picross counted them differently.

>>26924809
As far as I can tell, mythical is a subsection of legendary, the requiring caveat being that they're event only (Phione as the obvious exception) while normal legendaries are catchable in game. That's why Mewtwo and the Musketeers are legendary while Mew and Keldeo are mythical.
>>
>>26924866
They're simply what we've called Event legendaries for ages. They're also always dead last in the Pokédex for each generation.
Victini, your gimmick doesn't change that fact.

Weirdly enough, 13 years later, Deoxys lost that status with ORAS, which is a first in the series.
>>
>>26924616
you mean a little more...hoopa???
>>
>>26925117
GAHD DAMMIT CARLOS
>>
File: victini.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
victini.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>26924616
I literally found out last month what a Mythical Pokemon was. I still call them all legendary though; way easier.
>>
>>26924866
>As far as I can tell, mythical is a subsection of legendary

This is pretty much correct, but apparently TPCi officially considers Mythicals separate from Legendaries. Even Bulbapedia's following it: recently, all the Mythicals were removed from the Legendary Pokémon page on Bulbapedia and put onto their own page. It's so bizarre to look at the Legendary page and see that a bunch of content that was there not too long ago is gone. It's also stupid.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_Pok%C3%A9mon

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mythical_Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
File: Kyogre_Pokédex_entry_(4).png (31 KB, 499x335) Image search: [Google]
Kyogre_Pokédex_entry_(4).png
31 KB, 499x335
>>26927294

Kyogre is a Mythical Pokémon.
>>
Ninetales is mythical; Arcanine is legendary.
>>
File: Dialga.png (25 KB, 255x192) Image search: [Google]
Dialga.png
25 KB, 255x192
>>26924616

Dialga is a Mythical Pokémon.
>>
>>26927364
>>26927486
richard get your autism out of here
>>
File: Groudon_Pokédéx_entry_(3).png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Groudon_Pokédéx_entry_(3).png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26924616

Kyogre is a Mythical Pokémon and Groudon is a legendary Pokémon.
>>
>>26927489
How are basic observation skills 'autism'?
If anything keeping track of every brand new terminology they come up for artificially categorizing pokemon is autistic.
>>
>>26927489
but anon, according to Richard the only source of canon is the Pokedex.

>>26927364 and >>26927503 are Richard, but >>26927486 isn't.
>>
>>26927505
stop
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.