[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nice texture tapu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: pixelmonmod.jpg (37 KB, 485x415) Image search: [Google]
pixelmonmod.jpg
37 KB, 485x415
nice texture tapu
>>
I never understood why people expect amazing graphics from Pokemon games.
>>
>>26924506
6 year old hardware, not GF's fault
>>
its weird how since they made the switch to 3D, the models are pretty high poly, but the textures are really low res

the story is that theyre future proofing the models, but wouldnt they also do that for the texture work? i guess something would have to give for it to run on 3DS
>>
>>26924538
the pokemon looked really nice when we had static sprites, why shouldn't we expect the same from newer games, especially when the move to 3D was supposedly in the name of progress?
>>
>>26924545
The zoomed in backsprites in BW looked horrible as well. It's complaining about seeing something at a res that isn't how it's supposed to be seen.
>>
>>26924506
You fit better textures into the 3DS' 6MB of VRAM then Anon.
>>
>>26924561
nah a lot of the textures are pretty chunky even at "normal" view distance, although i somewhat disagree with your premise since the camera does zoom in during gameplay so it's not really a viewing distance that isn't "supposed to be seen"
>>
>>26924556
>the pokemon looked really nice when we had static sprites
Pffhahaha.
Pokemon's spritework was always shit compared to other games on the same hardware except for maybe gen 2.
>>
>>26924545
They might do it purposefully so its not completely alien from the style of the past gens, i personally like the pixely textures and wouldnt really want clean HD textures for a pokemon game.
>>
>>26924598
That isn't what I meant exactly. Maybe it's more correct to say how it should be seen? If you thought that was literally what I meant that makes no sense, BW's bac k sprites are in literally every battle be default.
>>
>>26924613
they don't need to be realistic or anything, just sharper in the same style.
>>
>>26924639
I bet you use filter on emulators
>>
File: 1442268862945.jpg (143 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1442268862945.jpg
143 KB, 800x450
>>26924506
It's like one of my Unreal Tournament mods!
>>
>>26924506
What were the textures of Pokemon before 3D models?
Oh they were pixels?

Fucking retarded faggot.
>>
>>26924847
it's a projectile
just because the hook moves quickly doesn't mean it's not a projectile
>>
>>26924506
thought it was zebstrika for a second
>>
>>26925284
me too
>>
>>26924539
Good God, I feel old.
>>
>>26924506
If you look at the art it's obvious that the shell/mask texture is meant to look more "Drawn on" and so it doesn't look as refined as the pokemon's actual body.
>>
>>26924506
I hope on the new hardware they use new and better textures + a little bit aa
>>
>>26924556
Pokemon's sprites have always been weak compared to other games on the system, at least Gen VI and VII use a distinct styling with its models compared to other 3DS games and has a very high polycount

Crystal is the only decent one for its system with its animated sprites but I believe the Dragon Quest III port—if not, one of the other DQ games—shits all over it with the enemies actually moving in their attack animations which are also much more fluid than Crystal's
>>
>>26924539
except the 3DS can produce really good graphics

it's just GF being unable to optimize
>>
6th gen engine. Not weird, honestly.
Those BCH models aren't exactly low quality, but not high quality by any means.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.