[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /vp/ acting like Bruxish is the first counter to Talonflame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1409593293814.png (122 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1409593293814.png
122 KB, 480x480
Why is /vp/ acting like Bruxish is the first counter to Talonflame ever? Are you telling me that XY came out 3 years ago, and people on this board still don't know how to counter Talonflame? Seriously. How can you go all generation without using:
>Slowbro
>Alomomola
>Rotom-W
>Mega Manectric
>Mega Ampharos
>Defensive Landorus-Therian
>Hippowdon
>Garchomp
>Tyranitar
>Diancie
>Aerodactyl
>Quagsire
The list goes on. These pokemon are capable of beating some or all Talonflame sets. Talonflame is not a broken pokemon and it has plenty of counters. And yet people are still acting like "MUHH SMOGON BIRDE OF PRIORITY IS SO BROKEN but now smogone is btfo by this shitty fishe! xDDDD verlisify rules!". It's like the circlejerk hasn't changed at all since early 2014. Seriously people, learn to play the fucking game before complaining about shit that can be dealt with. And find a new scapegoat, Talonflame did nothing wrong.
>>
>>26920687
Because it's the first LGBTQI+ counter to Talonflame
>>
>>26920721
>Mega Ampharos
I literally proved you wrong in my OP.
>>
>>26920687
t. Butthurt Talonflamefag
>>
>>26920738
That doesn't even make sense, but OK.
>>
Because it has an ability that completely shits all over Talonflame and a plethora of other priority-reliant mons. No one is acting like there weren't ways to deal with it before.
Plus, most of the mons you listed still get dented by BB or Flare Blitz, not really making them "counters" at all.
>>
>>26920800
True, but the pokemon listed beat Talonflame in a 1v1 situation most of the time.
>>
>>26920800
This. Everything else on the list has to eat a brave bird to the face first. Tumblrfish literally shuts Talonfag's favorite move down, and it becomes risky for the Talonfag user to even consider clicking the button if they saw Tumblrfish in the team preview
>>
>>26920687
Finally, I get to be Lesbian and show my pride!
>>
File: much brave.jpg (98 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
much brave.jpg
98 KB, 500x509
>>26920800
The mere fact that it's been touted as BRAVEST BIRD and now has to resurt to U-turn like a frightened faggot is what amuses me the most
>>
>>26920952
It probably won't be as good of a check to Talonflame as other pokemon though. Now that I've thought about it more, I think tumblrfish will be an ok offensive pokemon that can't be revenge killed by Talonflame.
>>
>>26921046
Talonflame has always had U-turn as a backup option to escape Tyranitar. To be honest Bruxish will not increase U-Turn usage on Talonflame at all, it'll just switch out to something else.
>>
>>26921111
Yes but it's no longer going to spam BB willy nilly
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.