[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the art so basic? What happened to sugi's shading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1467277924780.png (192 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
1467277924780.png
192 KB, 400x359
These mons have gen 5 all over them
>>
Ohmura seems to be doing most of the pokemon now.
>>
>waaahhh too overdesigned
>waaaaah too basic
>>
Is Sugimori still working at GF?
>>
>baaaw, things have changed since my childhood, and that upsets me!
>>
>>26916791
Ohmura draws a big portion of the pokémon this generation. Big changes includes smoother lineart, smoother shading and more vibrant colors.
>>
>>26916791
>basic
>gen 5
Pick one
>>
>>26916791
Its easier to animate?
>>
>>26916791
>These mons have gen 5 all over them
Thank god.
>>
>>26916791
>waaah everything's too detailed!
>waaah everything's too simple!

When will you faggots ever be satisfied
>>
>>26916855
>childhood
Everyone here was teenagers when Gen V was a thing fag.
>>
>>26917321
Never, they just like complaining about everything new.

BACK IN MY DAY WE HANDLED OUR SHIT SLIME, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!
>>
>These mons have gen 5 all over them
Good.
>>
All we've seen for the most part are the 3D renders anyway, which don't indicate much about who made the official art. The 3D models never looked good.
>>
File: OCELLOOOOOTTE.jpg (211 KB, 923x754) Image search: [Google]
OCELLOOOOOTTE.jpg
211 KB, 923x754
>>26917342
DAMN KIDS

BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD NO RUNNING SHOES
BACK IN MY DAY THERE WERE NO SHINIES
BACK IN MY DAY EVERYTHING WAS 2D
>>
>What happened to sugi's shading style and textures?
Fuck Sugimori. He's the reason G6 models were colored so dully and ended up looking bland just so they would resemble his outdated 'style'. I'm glad they're ditching it.
>>
>>26917341
>Everyone here was teenagers when Gen V was a thing fag.
I want to say "you'd be surprised", given historic statistics, but honestly you really shouldn't be.

This board, more than most others, gets fucking swarmed by literal children every time something of interest happens. If you pay attention, even remotely, you can see it too.
>>
>pidgey
>pudgy pigeon
>>
>>26917341
I'm 30. And as such, I have to tell you that "was a thing" is a completely braindead phrase.
>>
>>26916791
No, they're a lot better so far.
>>
I'm thinking Ohmura did them because X and Y's Pokemon and Sun and Moon's Pokemon were developed alongside each other.
>>
>>26916791
Only thing that bugs me, are its hands. They could at least make it more like paws. Would catch if there wouldn't be the superior electro bug mon
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.