[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When are Smogonbabies going to off themselves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
When are Smogonbabies going to off themselves?
>>
Rip Balanced Hackmons
>>
>>26915444
>scrub
I don't understand how he call anyone else this after that tweet.
>>
>>26915444
When it stops being the best metagame
>>
considering the new fish mon only stops priortity moves from hitting, the wording and exactly specifics lacking, i doubt it would even stop protect from working. I think its mainly meant to stop Fake outs and sucker punches from landing, and the all deadly Quick Attacks too.
>>
>>26915444
It's not even confirmed to, and will very likely not, stop priority self-targeting moves.

I'm 95% sure it'll work exactly like Quick Guard. Just look at Elec Maker and Sunsteel Strike blurring the lines between moves and abilities.
>>
>>26915481
That happened years ago. Showdown will be gone by next year, thankfully.
>>
>>26915444
>being so assblasted that you got BTFOed that you make a thread on /vp/ about it
>>
Muh stall
>>
>>26915444
>people arguing about fiction like its real

aýy lmao
>>
>>26915491
>>26915497
Yeah he was just talking about it hypothetically, and for some reason thinks it would be broken
>>
>>26915444
We don't even know for sure if it stops Protect. The only priority moves used against the fish were Quick Attack and Fake Out, both of which deal damage. So it might just end up preventing damaging priority moves from working.
>>
File: 1465873764693.jpg (23 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1465873764693.jpg
23 KB, 312x312
>having this kind of reaction for a pokemon that's not even out yet.
>>
There was also no explicit reason saying it wouldn't block protect-like moves
>>
>People trying to determine the meta before full information and testing has taken place
Remember when Honedge would be a shitmon since it has a poor offensive typing + Steel nerf?
Remember when Fairies were supposed to make all dragon types NU?
Remember when M-Sableye was supposed to be shit since it lost Prankster?
>>
>>26915539
Remember when Smogon was good at anything? Yeah, me neither.
>>
Hoopa's Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury already ignore Protect anyway.
>>
>>26915444
>b-ban the fish
People are seriously already complaining about some fish mon in a game that hasn't even came out yet?
>>
>>26915444

If it actually stopped Protect. I would laugh and laugh until I literally couldn't laugh anymore.

Because that most broken move in the game needs more counters.
>>
>shofu
>intelligent or relevant
Fuck off with your e-celeb cancer
>>
Is shofu trying to become Verlisify: smogon edition? He's sperging out over twitter being a retard
>>
Why is smogon still relevant? There's no reason why it should be relevant
>>
But feint is a shit move.
>>
>>26915444
That's hilarious
>>
>>26915498

Glad we got confirmation from Mr relevant over here
>>
>>26915784
Kek dude, just rest, and try a new pokémon
>>
>>26915619

Because a large percentage of the community plays it, therefore it is relevant. Not hard to understand now is it? Whether you actually like smogon or not, well that's a whole different story
>>
>>26915444
>Pokemon hasn't even been public knowledge for twelve hours yet
>B-BAN IT, IT'S NOT FAIR

I really hope it prevents Protect from working, just to make this person angry. I don't even know who they are and I already hate them.
>>
>>26915806
They're suckers man, kids just getting into being Smart Guys
>>
File: Damafe control.png (93 KB, 588x818) Image search: [Google]
Damafe control.png
93 KB, 588x818
here is what shofu does
when he says something completely stupid and when no one not even his fan boys agree with him
he spouts random stuff similar to his previous post to make people think
"its just a prank bro"

damage control
>>
>>26915619
It's not relevant, they only think they are

Showdown was a mistake
>>
>>26915862
The random battles is a good idea, we just need one actually random or like a Stadium type roster
>>
>>26915846
It's not damage control, you retard. He's being sarcastic.

The retards in this thread, especially OP who took shit out of context, didn't see the part where he talked about how negating Protect being inherent in its ability is what makes it broken, considering Taunt at least wastes a turn. If Dazzling negates any priority above 0 from another mon hypothetically, that's what he's saying is broken. And he's right. Protect is the most important move in VGC, and if it shut that down, he's suggesting Smogon is the go-to since it prevents such solved game states.
>>
>>26915946
You just have to use different moves. Why is this so difficult
>>
>>26915946
You're just as dumb as he is, how the fuck would an ability that blocks Protect be broken, especially when it's only going to be on a few things at most? Even in doubles it would be a fantastic addition to the meta, shofu wasn't talking about that anyway, he only plays singles.
>>
>>26915999
Because in VGC, Fake Out and Protect are centralizing moves.

In both VGC and Smogon, Sucker Punch, Prankster moves, and Gale Wings moves are too. It shuts those things down.

Why is it so difficult to fathom the team support this offers in VGC and the Pokemon it shuts down in Singles?
>>
>>26915946
Get good instead of crying like a bitch. How hard is it to use different moves against one Pokémon?
>>
>>26915886
>Stadium type rooster
No. Have you ever played it ? The movesets are shit and you have to swim in this ocean made of shit to find pokemon not as shit as the other and have to go fight people with pokemon with good moves, good items and who know what moves your pokemon have!
>>
>>26915946
>Protect is the most important move in VGC

Wow, it's almost like you'll have to use a different fucking move or something.

Protect is for boring faggots.
>>
>>26916049
I fathom all that shit, I just don't see why that makes it broken. Especially since it seems pretty fucking unlikely that this thing will end up being a powerhouse.
>>
>>26915999
>>26916052
Because if it prevented all increased priority moves, it would block every protect variant, aka the single most important move in doubles. Protect is about as integral to doubles as switching, and a pokemon which can automatically prevent it would be completely dominant. I'm almost certain that it doesn't do that and just blocks priority moves that hit the user, like quick guard, but if it did it would be insane.
>>
File: 1464797291523.jpg (17 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464797291523.jpg
17 KB, 480x480
>Caring about what a nigger as to say
>>
>>26916071
Clearly you've never played doubles, so shut the fuck up. Protect is on par with switching in importance, you can't just "use a different move".
>>
>>26915946
What's up shofu
>>
>>26916120
Exactly, should a single move be equally as important as a core mechanic like switching?

Why are you upset at the idea of something switching up the meta? Change is good. There's no way it'll be an extremely powerful Pokemon so at worst it'll just be a way to make the opponent have to momentarily switch strategies. A move with no obvious weakness like Protect is way too boring and way too safe.

You CAN use a different move, it's called using a different strategy. And if there IS no different strategy then the meta is totally broken and has been for a while.
>>
>>26915946
>Protect is the most important move in VGC,
Faggot. Use a different move.
>>
>>26916156
are you seriously saying you couldn't even tell that was sarcasm
>>
>>26916104
>>26916120
If you're against a Pokemon that could block Protect you would just play accordingly. You can still switch, you can still attack them. If breaking though protects was as amazing as it sounds, things like Feint and Imprison would be more common.
>>
>>26916208
The thing is, nearly every strategy involves protect. Removing protect would actually leave you with only a handful of viable options. 1) whole team is super tanky, can switch into hits safely or 2) whole team is heavy offensive, you basically only switch in after sacking something.

>>26916272
This would be passive, both of those require a moveslot and a turn. Plus, feint isn't that rare because it is good. Scizor, Raichu, and Infernape all run it fairly often.
>>
>>26915444
does anyone remember the priority list? i mean
i think that fish hability will have a +5 while protect is +6 in speed priority so no problems. do you pokemon?
>>
>>26916321
Nobody is removing protect. It's just one pokémon with one ability that MIGHT go through protect, it's something new and good not the devil.
Stop being so affraid.
>>
>>26916397
I'm pretty certain that the ability will just be like quick guard, blocking priority moves that target the user but not preventing priority in general.
>>
>>26916411
If it passively prevented protect and wasn't a total shitmon, it would effectively be removing protect by making it unusable. >>26916425
is what I actually think the ability will do, but I was talking hypothetically.
>>
>>26916450
>if it passively prevented protect
It's obivious it would not do that...
Abilities work when targeted or work regarless of any condition (using a move is a condition).
>and wasn't a total shitmon
So the ability is less important than his stats?
>>
IT WON'T BE ABLE TO BLOCK PROTECT YOU RETARDS EVERYONE WITH EVEN A SINLGE BRAINCELL LEFT CAN EASILY TELL HOW ITS ABILITY WORKS
>>
>>26916540
We know, this thread is about what someone said when talking about it hypothetically
>>
People ITT are just angry that their lord and savoirs over at smogon university will have to play around this ability when they cant toxic stall the mon to death.

Don't worry, your pedo kings will ban it instantly when it sweeps their teams just like they did with everything else in gen 6.
>>
Smogon doesn't dictate the meta game, GF does. Whoever doesn't like GFs rules can fuck right off.
>>
>>26916321
>The thing is, nearly every strategy involves protect

Then isn't it about time something came along and countered it? That's the most boring shit ever.
>>
>>26915846
>comparing a stupid fish to obvious sweepers

The butthurt is all to real, based GameFreak.
>>
>>26916617
It's an important move, but saying every strategy involves it isn't true. There are still plenty of things that never run Protect.
>>
File: drampa.jpg (17 KB, 404x241) Image search: [Google]
drampa.jpg
17 KB, 404x241
Back in my day, we used to use things called "Super-effective moves" to kill Pokemon. Now a days, all you kids wanna do is kill things quick. It's like you're scared of taking a bit of damage from a fucking fish. Goddamn millennials. This is all that nigger Obama's fault.
>>
Let the smogon preschooler cry like an anime fan on prom night
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.