[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know how to feel, /vp/. I've really been liking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: 1466631680263.gif (98 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466631680263.gif
98 KB, 500x375
I don't know how to feel, /vp/. I've really been liking gen 7 so far, but I just can't get myself to like these new leaks. They don't look like Pokemon to me. I find myself hoping that they're fake, but I have a feeling they're not. Topu Keko is passable. The rest have me feeling down about these games like I never have before. How do you feel about it, /vp/?
>>
It's ok anon, every gen has some shit, but you even said you've been liking gen 7 so far, so it's not all bad. And even if you didn't like ANY gen 7 designs, all your favourite old mons will be getting new moves and fun toys to play with.

Chin up.
>>
>>26911434
Thanks, anon. You're the best. I just feel for the first time like the quality of design truly did drop and that breaks my little heart. You're right, though. There's other Pokemon to enjoy.
>>
>>26911407
I have no idea how people don't like these leaks. Pikaclone isn't great as usual and triggerfish isn't the greatest, but other than that it seems awesome.
>>
They are so fucking shit it hurts, they are not pokemon anymore
The old designers left and that is what happens

the pokemon "fans" will eat that shit up
>>
>>26911407

I don't care about Pokémon designs.

I play Pokémon for to collect them all.
>>
>>26911448

No problem. And to answer the question in OP, I actually like them a fair bit, or at least, I like Drampa, Cutiefly and Vikavolt a good deal. That said, I think I tend to get disappointed any time the leaks aren't hugely substantial, so I'm still feeling a bit 'eh' on the whole thing/left wanting more.
>>
>>26911456
I guess I'm sort of put off by them. Usually, even if I don't like it at first, I'll find something to really love about it. I just can't find that thing yet. Dranpa is alright, but the eyes just kill the design to me. Cutiefly is cute, I just hope it has evolutions. Triggerfish is... Well, triggerfish. It's head thingy opens, which is kind of cool, I guess. I'm extremely disappointed by the other bugs. They could've done something so much more with an electric bug. And the Pikaclone? Why did we need another? It could've just been a hedgehog and would've been great. I wish the spikes would stick out constantly.
>>
>>26911448
>>26911407
>saying that they are objectively bad
stop. they just aren't our cup of tea.
>>
>>26911498
see >>26911481

>>26911510
They keep showing "new" pokemon because the games have nothing else on them, no new mechanics or anything innovating
>>
>>26911407
In my experience OP (dunno what leak season is this for you, but this is my fifth) every mons looks strange to me when it's announced. Every new mons looks like it doesn't belong into the pokedex before some time has passed and I got used to them. It's normal, especially if you spend much time playing pokemon.
Now granted this I can say that I'm loving these leaks. They're all fucking amazing and creative.
>>
>>26911534
hello /v/eddit
>>
>>26911557
I can definitely see your point, anon. It does take a bit to get used to a new design that you're iffy about. I think that if I saw them more, I'd get used to them, but it's taking a lot longer than usual for me.
>>
>>26911534

Nah I like pokemon getting leaked but if it's just the designs I feel kind of blueballed. More interested if something/multiple things are shown to have a new ability, or move, or even just knowing what typing something has.

Friday I guess.
>>
Some look decent but the whole batch is pretty fucking awful. Game freak apologists will claim otherwise but it is pretty true there is some kind of designer change.

Sad as I was liking gen 7 so far.
>>
>>26911585
new abillities or moves don't mean anything see?
If that is all people epxect from new pokemon games then the series is as well as dead.
Why don't you play a stupid romhack instead? It has "new" pokemon too.

What matters is innovation, mechanics, visuals
>>
>>26911407
>They don't look like Pokemon to me.
Something I just realized; If Yungoose was included in this batch of leaks, would you think he was real? Yungoose looks NOTHING like a true Pokemon design, and would be called out as obvious fake in seconds unanimously if it wasn't revealed by Nintendo at E3. Yungoose looks faker than Greninja and Hawlucha combined.
This is what they do every game. Every region has distinctly different design tropes. Hell, I'll admit that I'm not liking all of these as much as I loved the starters or 6th gen's pokemon or 5th gen's pokemon right off the bat. That said, I think they'll grow on us, ESPECIALLY when we go through our Nuzlocke runs.
Give it time, friend. When you see that game freak adds 279+ new Pokedex entries, you'll find at least several that you love.
>>
>>26911618
Thanks for lifting me up, anon. That's true. I wouldn't have believed Yungoos at first if it wasn't leaked at E3 because it's pretty different. I guess what makes this gen special is that it's completely different from any other gen. They've gone back to simpler designs, which is nice, but with a new flair. I just have to get used to it. I just feel like so far, what they had revealed before was better design-wise. Gameplay will be a whole different experience.
>>
>>26911613

I'm having a really hard time taking you seriously when you keep writing "new" with quotation marks around it.
>>
>>26911657
Because they look like old stuff, are you stupid?
>>
>>26911407
I was shocked at first with the images, but in motion, watching the videos made me reconsider. I mean, we have had a lot worse like Gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>26911407
Well OP, I feel like you are a bunch of drama queens.

I'm ok with EVERY pokémon design, because -you know what?- they're POKEMON.

I like Topu Keko, I like hairy bug, I like senile dragon, I like razor bug and I like braver fish.

You guys are going to abandon the ship? Well, do it quickly, I'm not interested in your attention whoring. And I'm 29, before you say "herr you too young to comprehend what pokemon should look like", I've liked the franchise since the beginning and I think it has manteined its style through the years.

STOP BEING DRAMA QUEENS, /VP/.
>>
>>26911742

Probably yeah, but I am just smart enough not to express my seething rage over a videogame to strangers on the internet.
>>
>>26911407
Pikaclone is atrocious, dragon is ok but doesn't look like a Pokémon, fish is ok, box bug is shit but w/e it's just a cocoon mon, beetle is great, fly is great, topo keku is great.
>>
I can't even defend this shit anymore.

Up until 6th gen designs they were fucking fine, these are the ugliest motherfuckers I've ever seen.

Hell even the starters I'm completely apathetic too and that never happened before.

They don't even look like starters, they look like wild pokemon you catch.
>>
>>26911765
I was only able to see a couple of the videos. Drampa, Cutiefly, Triggerfish, and Tapu Koko. They looked pretty good, I liked how fierce Drampa got, but I just still can't find it in me just yet to like them.
>>
>>26911776
Never said I was abandoning ship. I love Pokemon. That's why I'm here. I just feel a little disappointed.
>>
File: 1467272888384.jpg (1 MB, 4640x3344) Image search: [Google]
1467272888384.jpg
1 MB, 4640x3344
>>26911787
that angst though
>>
>>26911650
That's exactly what people screamed about gen III and V though. It's a odd generations pattern.
>>
>>26911825
Awful taste.

I thought they looked stupid when I saw the pics, but seeing them in motion changed my mind on most of them pretty quickly. None of them are amazing, but all but the fish and hedgehog are pretty good.
>>
>>26911827
Don't get me wrong-- I love each gen for multiple reasons. That's what keeps me here. Pokemon means a lot to me and I will always find something to like about it. I just don't feel like these designs exactly fit. Might be that I'm just not used to this particular art direction that they're taking just yet.
>>
>>26911874
You're just not used to them. Also don't look at "vp opinion" there is not such thing as vp's opinion, especially when there are so many summerfags and newfags.
>>
They're fake.

/vp/ is the most gullible board on 4chan.
>>
>>26911977
True. I'm already starting to like cutiefly more now that I know it's based on a bee fly. Starting to warm up to Drampa, too. Having trouble with the box bug and it's evolution. My expectations were too high for Grubbin-- I really hoped for some sort of firefly mixed with a stag beetle.
>>
>>26912001

I hope they are fake.

I'm scared bro.
>>
>>26911481
What is a "Pokemon"?
>>
I don't even know why I care anymore

GF hasn't made a good pokemon game since BW2.
>>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion.

These leaks are trash. They look horrible. The previous batch were top notch and it's hard to believe there can be so much disparity between one gen of designs.

I'm not angry about it, but it's disappointing.
>>
>>26912077
My opinion is a bit negative, but I can't help but to feel disappointed when I've been fully dedicated since gen 1. We've had so many great gens. Not saying gen 7 isn't great, it's just that this new handful of leaks was relatively disappointing in my opinion compared to others we've seen. It'll grow on me.
>>
>>26911407
Everything was going too well. I was feeling the same way OP, all the other designs looked good to great. I still don't really like the robot Diancie, but all the others looked like pokemon.

This new batch are very hard on the eyes. I don't hate them, but they are strange looking.
>>
>>26911776
If you're still 29 and like Pokemon you're an autistic manchild and your opinion is completely irrelevant -- you'd like any shit they throw at you because you lack substance as a person.
>>
>>26911407
Its ok considering its all fake. Literally the only one that even might be real is the electric bug evolution, but even thats most likely fake. The video they used to """"prove"""" it looked sketchy as fuck. The dragons thing isnt real, the little bug isnt real. Its all fake. You'll see in time
>>
>>26912142
Yeah, that's exactly it, anon. Everything up until this had me extremely hyped. The designs imo are absolutely amazing with a ton of potential. I think I just see a lack of potential in these new mons. I'm sure I'll like them once I see them more.
>>
>Neo-Nintendo
>Neo-Gamefreak

RIP ;_;
>>
Hoping that cutiefly is definitely real though so I can see fan art of it with Joltik. Cute bug mons.
>>
>>26911807
It's ok to vent off dude, but once you're used to them they'll be more natural to the franchise
>>
>>26912164
R-rude ;_;

Meh, I'm a nice guy, believe it or not. Nobody knows I'm still into pokémon, so my social life is ok. Oh, and I don't like any shit they throw at me, I just like pokémon. They are still cool imho, and never drop so low as you guys try to say. There are surely thing that I don't like, but I'm not being a pussy on /vp/ to bring attention to my drama queen threads.

Cheers anon.
>>
>>26912142
>>26912077
Anyone calling Yungoos "great" "top notch" or "passable" has their opinion completely voided.
>>
>>26912301
Not even sure what you mean by drama queen threads, anon. I just wanted to know /vp/'s opinion and share my own.
>>
>>26912516
>Not even sure what you mean by drama queen threads
Eh, just look at the catalog. It's been like this since the announcement of SuMo: complaining about ANYTHING.
>>
Just saw the new trailer. They're starting to grow on me, anons. Thank goodness. Though, I wish they made Drampa water/dragon. Cutiefly is top tier.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.