[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /vp/ think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemon_Nobunaga_Box.png (200 KB, 343x305) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Nobunaga_Box.png
200 KB, 343x305
What does /vp/ think of this?
>>
>>26908413
Pretty good stuff.
Lots of waifus if thats your thing.
Gameplay is interesting too
>>
>>26908413
Is that Hanzo above Zekrom
>>
>>26908413
I was really hyped for this game but didn't have enough money to buy it when it came out because NEET.
If I find it should I buy a used copy?
>>
Kinda wish there would be a new one.
>>
>>26908413
Horribly underrated title that we don't like talking about, because it makes us upset that we will never get a sequel. THE Pokemon Spin-off title.
>>
>>26908430
Oh wow. Never really gave it a chance when it came out, will do now for sure.
>>
>>26908413
I had a ton of fun with it
>>
It would be better of it was on a console not a hand-held
>>
>>26908413
Almost a perfect game.

Only thing missing is MOAR.
MOAR Game.
MOAR Pogeymans inside
MOAR moves per pogeyman
MOAR cities to conquer
MOAR scenarios to play through.

If there was ever a game I wanted a bulked up sequel to more than this, it didn't fucking matter because I don't remember it after playing this.
>>
Second best spin of ever after the Mystery Dungeon series.
>>
Never gave it a try.
Always thought it was a horrible cash grab
>>
>>26908470
Objectively wrong.

>>26908430
>>26908452
>>26908424
We don't talk about it because /vp/ is made up of a bunch of faggots who haven't played it. You can literally emulate it for free. It seems like it takes you out of your comfort zone, but it's the most fun I've had playing Pokemon since I was 8.

>>26908484
Pretty much this, all the mechanics were in place, the content was lacking. They could've had an entire whole nother continent.

I do like the simplicity of having only one move per Pokemon, completely changes the viability of certain types -- like say Infernape's Fighting type becoming more of a vulnerability than an advantage because it doesn't get the fighting buff. Adds another layer of tactic and strategy and changes the whole dimensions of offensive/defensive types, although I get where you're coming from.

This game gave me an infinite amount more pleasure -- via navigating mons through varied levels, calculating not just moves but what tiles those moves affect and abilities that might influence this, and taking the risk of leveling up while my opponents get to level up and get stronger simultaneously -- than any smogon match has.

Competitive simulator when?
>>
File: kotaro.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kotaro.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1452357545483.png (220 KB, 381x360) Image search: [Google]
1452357545483.png
220 KB, 381x360
>>26908921
>Objectively wrong.

Yeah sure buddy.
>>
>>26909013
The game is broken without a touch screen, faggot
>>
File: Conquest.png (559 KB, 1024x386) Image search: [Google]
Conquest.png
559 KB, 1024x386
>>26908413
Repetitive AF but tons of fun, getting to the last chapter was painful but worth it.. Great music and fun gameplay, I'm still waiting for a Pokémon & Fire Emblem crossover, maybe one day.
>>
>>26909030

Not much of an imagination, huh, Anon. Touchscreen functions can easily be converted, changed and/or fixed.

Come on you were born with a brain and I hope you grew up developing some common-sense.
>>
>>26909159
What satisfaction do you take in doing this? How does this make you happy? What are you going to do with all that power?

>>26909187
You could be right, anon, all I know is I did it with a mouse and it was utter hell compared to a touchscreen. Perhaps I am biased, I can't think of a single way console hardware could compete with commanding whole legions comfortably curled in bed beneath your blankets.
>>
File: Conquest.png (614 KB, 511x776) Image search: [Google]
Conquest.png
614 KB, 511x776
>>26909309
>What are you going to do with all that power?
get even more power
>>
Is it a coincidence this thread happens when the leaks do?

No.

/vp/ is just fated to never enjoy this game.
>>
Mediocre and forgettable like all the Pokemon spin-offs, though if you seem to think they are amazing like the average person here, then you should enjoy it. Or worth a playthrough if you really want that type of game with Pokemon tacked on it.
>>
>>26909558
The path of power is a never-ending one, albeit one with no destination. Some people find peace in this certainty of power. Others are consumed by this endless path that can never be "finished".
>>
>>26908413
THE Pokemon spin off game. It's amazing.
>>
>>26909726
conquering japan with pokemon is suffering.
>>
>>26909727
Literally a better-designed game than the main series
>>
I beat the main scenario and such, getting my team situated and beating Nobunaga.

I never bothered much with the post-game scenarios since I was burnt out by then. Are they any good?
>>
>>26909968
I'll agree that in isolation there's way more strategy to it, but the game itself gets tedious way faster than the main games. I only finished like 3 of the stories and don't feel like ever going back to the game ever again.
>>
>>26910272
Not the game's fault, all the mechanics were there, it just didn't get the right funding by basis of being a side game.
>>
Never played it, what's the not pokemon version of the game called?
>>
File: 1362798706982.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1362798706982.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
>You could be right, anon, all I know is I did it with a mouse and it was utter hell compared to a touchscreen. Perhaps I am biased, I can't think of a single way console hardware could compete with commanding whole legions comfortably curled in bed beneath your blankets.

I don't know about being right, it is just a different perspective. All I know is anything can be done and I wouldn't mind seeing it as a much bigger game. And the game should be able to be played on a console like the Wii-U.
>>
>>26908413
the pal copy is heavy overpriced!
>>
replayed and beat main game today
still good
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.