[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having a group of traveling companions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 188x252
What if during a Pokemon game, you had a group of friends that travel with you during the game sort of like the anime. They add story elements and maybe they are interested in different stuff so they add a sort of new dynamic.
Example:

>You travel with generic female. She is into contests. Each town along with a gym you have to also complete the contest

>Travel with other friend that likes to cook. He does chef shit and you can compete in cooking competitions or some shit.

Along with these guys you can still have your typical rival that you battle every now and then.
>>
They attempted that in XY and it was shit, but your idea sounds better OP
>>
>>26905785
The shit they did in XY was kind of bad. I didn't feel anything for any of my "friends" except Selena, and that was only because I felt bad that she was going into depression over me beating her all the time.
>>
>>26905767
"Have to"?

NO. Absolutely not.
>>
>>26905767

I do appreciate creative thinking and unique ideas, but that sounds awful.
>>
These companions should be helpful in other ways. Maybe GF brings in a mechanic were we start to use them and their Pokemon moves in the field to solve riddles and defeat obstacles.
>>
Is it too much to ask to go on your own adventure? Being stopped every time I entered a new area was bad enough in XY.
>>
who's the one in the pic op?
he's hot that beard.
>>
>>26905767
I think I'm going to get a lot of shit for this

Rather than that, I'd rather if they made it so you could actually play with your friends, as in seeing them in your game, etc. Not really a full mmorpg thing but rather being able to travel with 1-3 friends and do things like watching their battles if you want and maybe even have some extra areas with puzzles or things like that that could require you to have a companion (allowing you to 'befriend' a NPC if you don't have actual friends to play at that moment). They could also help you in your journey with HMs. Like, instead of having a HM slave, you could have Surf and Waterfall while your friend has Strength and Rock Smash.

I mean, connectivity is one of the main gimmicks of Pokemon games, so I think that could be nice.
>>
>>26907439
fag detected
>>
>>26907457
Sounds cool but it definitely shouldn't be reliant on it. I don't mind a play through with friends but I would still like to be able to play through by myself.
>>
>>26905956
>Selena
>>
File: 1453698476420.png (171 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1453698476420.png
171 KB, 374x347
>>26905767

>Pokemon becomes a party based RPG
>Each party member has their own RPG party

This is the definition of meta.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.