[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick My Team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
Help me pick my Team!!!

The only spot taken is my for my Venusaur. I have 3 badges as of now and just made it through the rock tunnel.
>>
>>26904562
Geodude rocks. Get one.
>>
Pidgeot
Raichu/Jolteon
Rhydon/Nidoking
Dewgong
Gengar

They have all served me well
>>
Can't trade with anyone so I'd prefer poke's who can evolve without trade
>>
Get the average joes.

Geodude. Zubat. Rattatta. Tentacool. Pokemon like them, the ones you constantly encounter who seem like shit.

Take them and forge them into a mighty team. Raze the earth with what was once a group of bogstandard Pokemon. It will be hard at first, but by the time you have a Crobat, Tentacruel, etc. they will rape every enemy you encounter.
>>
>>26904562
rhydon
ponyta
lapras
alakazam
zapdos

also check em
>>
>>26904624
Wow love this idea man. Is it hard to get crobat in this game? What about fire type?
>>
>>26904562
You already fucked up because you didn't choose Charizard who counts as your Fire and Fly guy.

Better get yourself a fucking Legendary Bird or Dragonite for your Fly guy in that case. All the Normal/Flying birds are shite and you don't wanna go without a Fly guy in-game.
>>
>>26904656
Didn't want Charizard because that's all I ever picked. Needed a change of pace.
>>
>>26904624
Love this idea except for geodude. I'd be stuck with a poke I can't evolve. I don't have a way to trade and evolve for a Golem.
>>
>>26904671
I feel you lad.

But like I said, get a Larry Bird or Dragonite since they're the only other guys who can learn Fly.

Since you're not using Charizard and can't get Arcanine, I'd go

>Venusaur
>Dragonite
>Jolteon
>Starmie
>Rhydon
>Alakazam

But I mean, I wouldn't worry too much. I'd just use what you like if I were you, the game is piss easy.
>>
>>26904647
You can get crobat only after the national dex
>>
>>26904752
truly, the only flaw of Gen III, the filthy faggot fucking National Dex restricting what mon you can use
>>
>>26904739
Only reason I didn't get Abra is because my rival will have alakazam. I wanna beat that bitch with different Pokemon. Right now I'm ravaging the game with my level 45 Venusaur. 3 badge in.
>>
>>26904739
You don't like 9tails?
>>
>>26904811
Box that thing and raise some other guys, withdraw it when your others catch up.

But just use Starmie for your Psychic then and get a Normal Pokemon from the Safari Zone like Tauros or Kangaskhan, or get a Snorlax. Only thing wrong with thsoe three is that they're TM sponges.

>>26904828
Ninetales has less moves than Flareon. Flamethrower will be its only offensive move.

For Flareon, I'd get a Mild one and go
>Flamethrower/ Overheat
>Shadow Ball
>Double Edge/ Body Slam
>Dig/ Quick Attack/ Iron Tail

Ninetales would be like
>Flamethrower
>Will-o-Wisp
>Confuse Ray
>...Attract?
>>
Venusaur
Fearow/Dragonite
Starmie/Slowbro/Tentacruel
Ninetails (since you can't trade)
Jolteon
Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Primeape

Is what I'd recommend.
>>
>>26904867
I never uses a Khangaskan. What's an ideal moveset for one?

I surely could teach my Ninetales some dope ass TMs though, right?

Sucks I can't get the ticket to get the legendaries. Pisses me off that it's only available through the Nintendo Event/cheating.

Speaking of cheating, how can I on this game? Is there a gameshark or something?
>>
>>26904828
>9tails
>>
>>26904875
That's solid. I kinda wanna use an Aerodactyl. What you think?
>>
>>26904911
>I surely could teach my Ninetales some dope ass TMs though, right?
No. I just listed the best moves it can learn. Only Fire moves or if you wanted to run a mixed one, you could teach it Secret Power I guess.

Kanga is fun though. I'd go

Adamant
>Double Edge/ Body Slam
>Shadow Ball
>EQ
>Brick Break
sit back and have fun

>>26904920
>Aerodactyl
Shit nigger. I forgot about him. Go Adamant with
>Rock Slide
>Fly
>EQ
>Double Edge (make sure it has Rock Head)
enjoy

I should mention that Double Edge and Body Slam are one-time only MT moves, so be careful on their usage. FRLG are kind of shit when it comes to TMs and shit.
>>
>>26904937
Damn bro you know your shit. It's been since Gen1 for me. So all this nature shit is way different for me. I still have Pokemon on my completed Yellow and Blue when they FIRST came out. Entire pokedex is complete on my yellow.
>>
>>26904955
I mean, I think most people here you'll find know at least what's the best in-game set for a given mon.

And all Natures are is a +stat/-stat. So Adamant will give a 10% Attack boost and lower SpAtk by 10%. That's all. If you don't know what Natures are or don't care then fuck it, you can rape the game with just about any team of guys. Just use your favorites.
>>
>>26905139
But don't you want special attack as well???
>>
>>26905305
Why?
That Kangaskhan only uses Physical moves, so losing special attack doesn't matter to it, is a win-win scenario.

The only case is for mixed attackers like Blaziken in ADV, since they'll be forced to run a -Def/SDef Nature to not gimp one of its attacking stats.
>>
>>26905305
It's not necessary if the Pokemon doesn't know any special attacks. So Adamant is basically like a free 10% boost with no drawback if the Pokemon knows no special attacks.
>>
>>26905323
I have lots to learn lol. Granted, I'm not competitively playing. But it sounds like there's much more to this game now. I wan to play the more recent games but I can't deal with the updated graphics.
>>
>>26904937
In RBG, Body Slam and Double-Edge are TM. In FRLG only Double-Edge is available as one-time only tutor move. And they also add salt giving you the Return TM only once.

Rock Slide is a one-time only tutor in FRLG, a youngster inside Rock Tunnel. But it was at least nice in making both Shadow Ball and Brick Break TMs that you can buy.
>>
>>26905330
Bit if I teach it a move like flamethrower, it will do 10% less, right?
>>
>>26904937
But Shadow Ball is a special attack, right?
>>
>>26904739
>But like I said, get a Larry Bird or Dragonite since they're the only other guys who can learn Fly.

I didn't read this earlier. Fearow, Pidgeot, Dodrio and Aerodactyl (and even fucking Farfecht'd) can learn Fly too. You aren't going to get a Dragonite until you're reaching the Elite 4.
>>
>>26905345
Precisely, but don't.

Flamethrower is a Special attack, so only give it to a mon with decent Special Attack. If you can, avoid going mixed-attacking because it gimps your defenses.

Rhydon for example can learn a fuckload of Special moves, but its SpAtk stat is so shit you'd be retarded to do that at all.

Side-note:
In-game, I'd personally go for a Careful Rhydon as its Attack and Defense are already beastly. Its SpDef sucks so an added boost to make good use of that high HP stat is a good idea imo.
>>
>>26905359
Nope. The Ghost-type is Physical actually. Just google to see which types are special and which are Physical if you don't remember.

>>26905362
No mate, you can get a Dratini from the Game Corner in Celadon. Just grind for money with the Vs Seeker until you have enough money to buy a Dratini.
>>
>>26905345
Not like that. The Natures affect the Stats, not the Power of the moves themselves. The numbers you see in their status screen. There's an arbitrary base (Called Base Stats) and others hidden Stats that also affect everything. If a Pokémon you catch you see that is growing bad in that stat, is because their Base there is low. Like Special attack in Kangaskhan or Attack and Defense in Alakazam.

>>26905359
Gen IV onwards. Gen III and before is physical because it depended on the move, not its nature.

Normal. Fighting, Bug, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Rock, Ground and Flying are physical. The others are Special.
>>
>>26905365
So what's an "ideal" Rhydon moveset??
>>
>>26905385
Very good to know. Thanks a ton bro
>>
>>26905386
Careful Nature
Rock Head
>Earthquake
>Rock Slide
>Double Edge
>Mega Horn
Or a good Substitute for Double Edge is Brick Break (or he could be your Surf guy, he can learn Surf, but his SpAtk is so shit that you wouldn't really be using it in battle). And Ability doesn't matter in this case if you wanna save the Double Edge MT for someone else and go for Brick Break.

You have an infinite number of Brick Break TMs (you can buy them at Celadon Dpt. Store)
>>
>>26905410
Thanks. Where is double edge??
>>
>>26905375
You CAN get a Dratini earlier. But it needs to hit level 55 to become a Dragonite.

By the time your Pokémon get to that level, you're going, at least, to the Victory Road.

>>26905386
- Rock Slide/Blast
- Earthquake (It learns this naturally, you can go with Dig in earlier levels)
- Megahorn
- Double-Edge if Rock Head. Brick Break otherwise.
>>
>>26905415
There's a guy standing right outside Victory Road, or if not outside, inside right near the exit to the cave, and he teaches 1 guy.

I might go for Brick Break for Rhydon since Double Edge is such a sought after move. Rhydon will make bitches squeal with that disgusting Atk stat and a SE Brick Break.

>>26905420
this and Dig as well as Brick Break you have an infinite supply of as you can get them at the dept store
>>
>>26905443
Thanks so much guys. So this is what I'm thinking so far:

Venusaur lvl 45 (only Poke I have currently)
-Tackle
-Vine Whip
-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder

Rhydon
-Brick Break
-Megahorn
-EQ
-Rock Slide

Aerodactyl
-?
-?
-?
-?

Dewgong (never used one before)
-?
-?
-?
-?

Persian?
-?
-?
-?
-?

Crobat? (Never used one before)
-?
-?
-?
-?

Or maybe I will substitute a Kangaskhan or a Nidoking/queen. Idk yet. Suggestions?
>>
>>26905502
What Nature is Venusaur?
>>
>>26904562
Go whole hog on grass types.
Tangela
Victreebell
Parasect
Exeggutor
Water type hm slave
>>
>>26904562
Magmar is severely underrated. Pick one of those.
>>
>>26905594
Calm
>>
File: 143554775445.jpg (9 KB, 205x155) Image search: [Google]
143554775445.jpg
9 KB, 205x155
>>26905629
A decent nature. That lowers Attack and Boosts SpAtk. Unfortunately, Venusaur is one of the few guys that's best used as a mixed attacker in Gen III as the only offensive Special moves it can learn are Grass. Fucking box that Venusaur dude.
>>
>>26905622
This, but OP can't make the best use of Gen III Magmar because he can't breed Thunderpunch onto it.
>Flamethrower
>Psychic
>Confuse Ray
>Thunderpunch
Would be fucking fantastic. But without it, you're better off using something else.

OP, honestly, you just started this game and you only have an over-leveled Venusaur.

Fucking reset and either get a better natured Venusaur or choose Charizard.

Any Nature for Venusaur that lowers Speed would be best in-game.

(Brave, Quiet, Sassy, Relaxed)

>Giga Drain
>Sludge Bomb
>Earthquake
>Sleep Powder
Fucking best Venusaur.

Or, better yet

>Charizard
>Lonely Nature (+Atk/-Def)
>Flamethrower
>Dragon Claw
>*coverage move*
>Fly
>>
>>26905660
It actually boost the Special Defense. IIRC it was the best nature for Venusaur in that Gen, since it was used as a special sponge.

>>26905705
Calm Venusaur is legit, but its battles are going to drag a lot of time
>Sleep Powder
>Leech Seed
>Razor Leaf
>Either Toxic or Hidden Power if its lucky enough

But yes, Brave Venusaur is the best for Ingame since most of your moves are going to be physical. About Charizard, I'd recomend Naughty or Naive over Lonely, remember that most of the time you'll need to take physical attacks.
>>
File: 1454021939735.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1454021939735.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>26905502

>Aerodactyl
Adamant
>Rock Slide
>EQ
>Double Edge
>Fly

Fuck Persian and Crobat. Persian is shit and Crobat you can't even get until postgame.

If you DID have a Persian, I'd probably get a Lonely one and teach it
>Double Edge (or Slash?)
>Thunderbolt
>Shadow Ball
>Aerial Ace
You probably won't have fun with this thing though.

Dewgong is another shitmon. Skip it as it can only learn Ice Beam and Surf and not much else.

>>26905775
Yeah that was a typo.

Calm Venusaur I'd go
>Giga Drain/ Razor Leaf
>Sleep Powder
>Leech Seed
>???
Instead of Leech Seed you could go Sunny Day/Synthesis or something. Or Solar Beam instead of Razor Leaf.
>>
>>26904562
Dodrio
Jolteon
Starmie/Lapras/Slowbro
Kadabra
Hitmonlee
>>
>>26904562
I can tell you about the team I had for hall of fame and how it worked out. Maybe you can learn from my failures and success.
>Venusaur
Venusaur can kill anything. Anything... as long as it's not a grass type. Leach Seed will bring any non-grass type to its knees, it just takes time. It can be tough leveling it up with very few strong attack moves but all the support moves like Sleep Powder and Leech Seed destroy during the big battles like Gyms and Elite 4.
>Nidoqueen
Nidoqueen doesn't learn any good STAB moves unless you want to use TMs which I try to avoid. It still has some nice moves though like Superpower. Just have some PP recovery handy. Nidoqueen is pretty resilient thought. I had no fears some attack would just wipe it out.
>Arcanine (Fire Red only. Ninetales is even better in Leaf Green)
It was alright. Nice moves like Extreme Speed but pretty weak.
>Jolteon
Jolteon has no moves so I had to give it some TMs.
>Dragonair
I know! Evolving Dragonair was a bitch so I just left it as is and it wasn't even very useful.
>Moltres
I know!!! I had to use Moltres because I didn't have any other level 50 pokemon. I want to pretend I didn't use Moltres but I did. It was handy.

It might be too late for you but there are some pokemon that are monsters in the early game but I wouldn't feel confident in them later on. Beedrill and Butterfree are fucking beasts. Butterfree has better mileage though. It would be a shame to overlook them. Pickachu is good early game too.
>>
>>26906088
Part 2
Now what I'm working on for the elite 4 rematch.

>Larvitar Lv. 28
I hope it gets better. It has learned Rock Slide which is good but with only 10 PP. I'm not planning on evolving it until lever 50 when it learns Earthquake. Tyranitar learns Earthquake at lever 61. I also chain bred Dragon Dance into it lol.
>Elekid Lv25
Bred elemental punches into it, fuck yeah. I'll replace Thunderpunch with Thunderbolt though. It's a fucking animal.
>Ponyta Lv25
It's a fucking physical attacker fire type THAT DOESN'T LEARN ANY GOOD FIRE MOVES! I had to breed it with Flame Wheel and Flamethower. Yes I breed TM moves and hoard TMs.
>Skiploom Lv25
This is probably the worst disaster. I had to breed Giga Drain into it. It still sucks and it's a pain to level up. It's best damage dealing move right now is fucking Hidden Power which is Ice type but I think has like 40 power at most.
>Poliwhirl Lv25
I'm still on the fence about it. I'm hoping to teach it Body Slam and Hydro Pump before evolving it to a Poliwrath. Then I'll teach it Brick Break because Submission looks lame and I can buy TM31.
>Scizor Lv30 (Fire Red only. Pinsir is in Leaf Green and he learns better moves but no STAB)
I evolved Scyther because why not and defensively it like the death star. It's almost indestructible except for that one little vulnerability. Moves aren't great but Metal Claw has 35 fucking PP which is more than welcome. I bred Silver Wind into it which is ok but very situational. I love false swipe so it's stuck with it. I hope Swords Dance can make up for having 60 power as its strongest move. Amazing back sprite though.

Grinding is taking forever. The boost from traded pokemon has really spoiled me and I'm even using 2 Exp. Shares.
>>
>>26906088
>>26906127
Don't listen to this guy OP he sounds like an absolute shitter.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.