[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me some examples of what the second mainline game in a Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85 KB, 600x351
Give me some examples of what the second mainline game in a Pokemon Generation can be, other than remakes of a previous game.
>>
>>26903879
I think that's the only example, anon.

and I want more
>>
>>26903879

Blue & YEllow
>>
>>26903879
Gold Silver and Crystal
>>
>>26903879
Remakes of a previous Generation
Third version of the current Generation
Sequels to the current Generation
Nothing

That's literally it.
>>
File: octopus.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
octopus.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>26903879
GSC
>>
>>26903920
Or a delayed third version to the previous generation that encompasses everything from the previous and the current. Pokémon Z when?
>>
>>26903889
I said CAN be. Not what already exists. I'm asking for ideas for second mainline games in a generation.
>>
>>26903950
Gen 3.

>Steven Stone finds a strange stone while digging in the meteor cave.
>the stone is a Legendary Pokemon's "item"
>the legendary Pokemon hides that stone when he goes to a planet, because he uses it as a point of orientation while searching for his enemy in that planet
>the legendary pokemon's enemy had destroyed his planet and it decided to chase his enemy around the solar system
>legendary Pokemon senses his stone has moved and comes back to him and captures Steven. Doesn't kill it because he sees Steven is not what is looking for.

That was what's up, now:

>Player is Steven's nephew, starts from Mossdeep City, goal is to search for your uncle
>get a starter Pokemon because you can't go on such mission without one
>meet, battle and do stuff with people along the way
>become friends with the legendary Pokemon
>capture/befriend it to search his enemy together
>find or not find I can't be bothered
>>
Prequel?
>>
>>26904879
This is why GameFreak doesn't take inspiration from the fans, and rightly so.
>>
>>26904958
This would actually be interesting.
>>
File: it's just trash.jpg (33 KB, 556x420) Image search: [Google]
it's just trash.jpg
33 KB, 556x420
>>26903933
>delayed third version
no
>>
>>26903879
A second story in the same region, but from another main character's point of view, with some events connecting both stories.

Of course, I have no idea how the champion battle would work, unless it ends up being a double battle in both games, with both MC's teaming up.
>>
>>26905135
I like this idea a lot. Hell, rather than be a third version, this should be thing for the main two games. Make each version have a different set of protagonists/different starting point, with different Pokemon available. The FE Fates approach I suppose. Would make owning both versions actually worthwhile, and would encourage more trading and stuff.
>>
>>26903950
>>26903879
Sequel games to a previous generation. Not necessarily the most recent. For example, after SM we could get a game set in Johto 10 years after HGSS that ties strongly to SM

(Yes this is just my wish for the next games)
>>
>>26903879
An "unfaithful" remake.

We could have a new Kanto remake, for example but, instead of repeating the same routes/dialogs/events for the 3rd time (5th, if you count blue and yellow...), change everything that happens in the game. Change which places team Rocket attack, the order of the gyms, add some new locations, and so on. Something that makes it feel like you are playing a different game in an old setting.
>>
A MMO. Final Fantasy has had multiple of their mainline games be MMOs so I don't see why Pokemon can't do the same. Call it "Pokemon Online" and update it every new generation with Pokemon Online 2, 3, 4, 5 etc
>>
>>26905954
Just make that a sequel then.
>>
>>26905779

I was about to say exactly this. Instead of remakes, sequels to a previous region. There's no need for RBY a third time, but what about a new game set in Kanto a few years down the timeline? I'd like to see something like that - a new region to start each generation, and a continuation of an old region later on.
>>
>>26905969
This but it should also include all the regions and let pokemon follow you and have difficulty modes and Red should be your dad.
>>
>>26905969
Good god no.
>>
>>26905969

God no. Not everybody likes MMOs, you know. Let's leave stuff like that for other series.
>>
>>26906015
Red can't be the dad of every single player.
>>
>>26906044

I mean, he *could* be. We don't know what he does in his spare time.
>>
>>26905975
I'd love this to be the standard but I fear GF will never do it. Which really makes me sad. I'd love to see Kanto 10 years later. It'd be awesome to see how the region changes to adapt to all the new things being brout over to their neck of the woods. Like someone brings over Megas and shakes up the place.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.