[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragalge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Hey /vp/ I just made a watercolor of my favorite Pokémon.

This is my first watercolor so feedback, comments, critiscism, compliments are welcome.
>>
9.8749/10 because nothing is perfect
But this hits as close as humanly possible because the people we have to trust to say art is perfect are the people that actually have an Art Degree.
But again, 10/10
>>
>>26902072
bretty good
>>
>>26902072
No depth.
>>
It looks like someone printed out the official art for dragalge and shat paint all over it
>>
>>26902072
It looks a bit too flat.
>>
File: 39886722_p27_master1200.jpg (588 KB, 1056x1039) Image search: [Google]
39886722_p27_master1200.jpg
588 KB, 1056x1039
>>26902131
>>26902217
These

>>26902072
Not as shit as the stuff usually posted here, but also not japanese pixiv faggot tier.
>>
>>26902131
>>26902236

I don't have any formal training. I actually tried my best to do depth, believe me.
>>
Maybe look up some tutorials/video of how to watercolor? It looks like you tried using the pigment as one would other types of paint, but watercoloring is a completely different medium. Try practicing with different strength dilutions and get a watercolor pad.
For a first attempt not bad
>>
>>26902072
Breddy gud opee. Keep it up.
>>
File: awesome dragalge.jpg (262 KB, 1280x995) Image search: [Google]
awesome dragalge.jpg
262 KB, 1280x995
>>26902072
Not only does it look awesome, but you have top tier taste anon
>>
>>26902314
The main problem is that the shadows are evenly distributed, making it look 2D. To give the illusion of depth, you have to determine where your light source is coming from and shade accordingly, like darken all the features on the left if your source is on the right.
I can see that you've attempted, but there are violations of a light source, mainly in the upper body, and the leaf arms. Also the black shadow makes it look like a raised cutout.
That's only the constructive criticism. That being said, this is still great. Would hang/10. There's nothing really wrong with it to make it a bad picture. Proportions and anatomy are the most important things to get right, and everything in the picture checks out.
Would hang/10. I like it.
>>
Thank you for everyone's feedback.
>>
It looks nice, OP. I tried my hand at Pokemon watercolor and it didn't look as nice as this. Awesome job!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.