[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This confirms we have a second rival and that it isn't Lillie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1467213687430.png (600 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1467213687430.png
600 KB, 1366x768
This confirms we have a second rival and that it isn't Lillie. From what we've seen, she isn't into battles, yet. If we have Rowlet, Hau would have Popplio. That means a second rival has Litten and that we battled them, otherwise there is no way we could have seen Litten yet. Moreover, based on the exp. bar shown in the treehouse demo, we should've battled at least two Pokemon because the EXP bar is too full for just a match-up vs. Popplio. However, we know this is before the festival because Pichu and many of the wild Pokemon aren't on the dex yet.
>>
They definitely skipped a lot of what would be the beginning of the game, they state you met the guardian of that island as well. So there's definitely a lot that happened beforehand.
Nice find by the way.
>>
>>26901866
Out of all the things you could get hype for, you choose the rival. Fucking why?
>>
>>26901879
>stop looking forward to things!
Cry more.
>>
File: 1466973952526.jpg (20 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1466973952526.jpg
20 KB, 600x338
>>26901866
Good eye, OP. So, who is the Rival?

>Lillie
>Hala
>Hau has both
>>
>>26901879
Because rivals are integral to the game and Hau is too likeable to be an effective rival. I expect this new rival will also be nice, but I'm hoping that they aren't.
>>
>>26901904
Not OP, but I don't think it'll be Lillie, they seemed to treat the thing in her bag as somewhat mysterious, I think she'll either have Iwanko or Zygarde-core(less likely). We'll have to see.
>>
>>26901866
Or maybe, it will make some damn sense for once and have it so that if you interact with a pokemon, it is updated into your pokedex. You get to interact with each starter when you're choosing it right? well when you do, it updates the pokedex.
>>
>>26901904
Probably a character we haven't seen yet.

Kukui seems like the battling type, though.
>>
>>26901926
That hasn't happened in any prior gen so why would they do it now?
>>
>>26901926
Possible, but hopefully not. When the player interacted with Meowth, it didn't show that Meowth was registered into the dex.

I like this new registration thing they have in the dex, and I'd hate to miss those because I interacted with a Pokemon in the overworld.
>>
>>26901913
Barry was a likeable rival and he was strongest rival yet. Barring of course the rival who currently have access to current tech.
>>
>>26901913
>Because rivals are integral to the game
>le handholding enabler
>occasional free exp at best and mild annoyance at worst
lol
>>
>>26901926
>>26901939
>>26901945
It could be a thing if they bring back DexNav. Unlike in ORAS where you search through a bag, they take them out of their Poké Balls in SM.
I do hope DexNav will be in, but I hope this isn't the case.
>>
>>26901960
>lol
Fuck off, underage.
>>
File: CggogHiUsAEsANt.jpg (77 KB, 1023x779) Image search: [Google]
CggogHiUsAEsANt.jpg
77 KB, 1023x779
Post yfw Hala is the third rival
>>
>>26901960
yeah, let's just get rid of all trainers on routes. they're just mild annoyances at best. we should be five levels below gym leaders at all times too
>>
>>26901966
lol
>>
>>26901969
He will be the final boss of SM.
>>
>>26901974
Exactly, he's just another trainer, he's not really that relevant.
>>
>>26901878
>>26901904
Yeah, let's praise someone for simply ripping off an old topic that people have already discussed many times before. Good job OP!
>>
>>26901866
So, we battle BOTH rivals before encountering our first wild Pokémon? Has this ever happened before?
>>
>>26902002
>how dare you not know that this thread was made before!
?
>>
>>26902007
Black and White
>>
>>26902002
I've been browsing pretty actively for the last two weeks and haven't seen a single thread point this out. That's actually why I posted this. Link?
>>
>>26902022
I want this to happen again.
>>
>>26901904
Can't be that Hau has both. We've battled him and he only had Pichu and Litten.
>>
Or....

You saw Litten when you chose your starter and the now super duper smart and friendly hand holding Rotom Pokedex added it in for you
>>
What if Lillie gets an Iwanko to be super effective to all the starter's final evolutions?

>Grass/Flying weak to rock
>Fire/A lot of types are weak to rock
>Water/Ice could fit with popplio and weak to rock

It could explain the secret they share
>>
>>26904995
>being this retarded
Iwanko's secret will be Synchro.

>>26904670
They specifically said the Rotom dex is given to you later. This is a clear example of /vp/ not listening to anything and just talking out of their asses.
>>
>>26901945
If he's seen litten but not caught it, then interacting with a pokemon wouldnt register it in the pokedex, it would just be seen
>>
>>26905011
They also said that rotomdex is "very rare, even in the Alola region", I would think you and Lillie are the only ones out of the group to get them.
>>
>>26905011
>Iwanko's secret will be Synchro.

Or it has a different type depending on which island you find it on.
>>
>>26905098
>>26905011
Reminder that the secret is shared by Iwanko and the starters
>>
>>26905098
That would fit the "Galapagos island" theme and would be awesome
>>
I'm hoping it's the opposite sex player character so we can have official names for them. I'm worried they won't get them otherwise and we'll be stuck with another Green/Blue/Leaf argument.
>>
A new video came out? Where?
>>
>>26905117
That is Synchro you nigger.

>>26905131
It's on the site faggot.
>>
>>26905121
Im pretty sure we didnt get the opposite sex character in BWB2W2 but we still have names for them

And we have seen Elio and Selene in one trailer but there were also early XY trailers that had Xavier and Yvonne so...

Selene is also pretty similar to Serena
>>
Hopefully new rival is like Silver in that he/she steals the Pokemon. Haven't had an asshole rival in a while.
>>
>>26901966
L O L
O L O
L O L
>>
>>26905152
I don't see anything on pokemon.com
>>
>>26905189
L L L
O O O
L L L

L L L
O O O
L L L LOL
>>
>>26901951
Didn't Wally have Pokemon with levels in the high 70s at Hoenn's Battle Maison?
>>
WHERE IS THE VIDEO
>>
>>26905152
no, is alola megas.
>>
>>26905361
I don't think they'd call it a "big secret" if it was megas. Synchro or not, a new mechanic is the most likely answer.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.