[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen-Type associations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: rapishuck.jpg (54 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
rapishuck.jpg
54 KB, 480x480
It seems like every generation, there's a type that gets shown a lot of love, and another type that gets shafted. These are the associations that I've come up with:

>BLESSED
Gen I: Poison, Psychic
Gen II: Steel
Gen III: Water, Dragon
Gen IV: Ghost
Gen V: Bug, Fighting
Gen VI: Fairy, Flying

>CURSED
Gen I: Bug
Gen II: Fighting
Gen III: Ice
Gen IV: Fire
Gen V: Water
Gen VI: Poison (?)

Don't get the point of the thread? It's somewhat based on competitive viability, but mostly based on availability of types.
>>
>>26901465
With how large Unova's dex was, it did pretty well with most types. Bug definitely got the best of it, but I think ghosts and dark types were treated well too.
>>
>>26901465
fighting was cucked in gen 1 as well. what made poison good?
>>
>>26901465
I'd move Fighting to cursed in Gen 1 instead of 2. Gen 1 was when Psychic types ruled supreme, Gengar was pretty popular and Fighting types have fuckall good moves.

Gen 2 introduced Dark and Steel, and set the stone for the rise of Fighting types. Machamp legit became more prominent due to Snorlax, Skarmory and Blissey.
>>
>>26901507
Gen I introduced more poison types than the next three gens combined
>>
>>26901465
That shuckle reminds me about that fag that was going to draw 1k shuckles, did he ever deliver?

I think i got out of these threads when he was around 300 or so.
>>
>>26901513
That's a good point. I was mainly going off how we got all of three Fighting-types in Gen II, and how Chuck didn't even use a Johto-mon on his team (even on his HGSS rematch team).
>>
>>26901507
Nearly every Grass-Type in Gen I has Poison as a secondary Type. And all the Gen I ghosts have it.
>>
>tfw you miss the weather wars days
I hate competitive now it's all copy paste teams. At least in weather wars you could use an array of mons.
>>
>>26901465
>only one evolutionary line
>only two attacks
>one of the two attacks is a static damage shit move
>the other has 20 BP
>the most common type and the most powerful type are both immune to it
>only super effective against itself
No type will ever be as cucked as gen 1 ghosts
>>
>>26901649
Saying "All the gen 1 ghosts have it" isn't really saying much because there's only one line of ghost types
>>
>>26901465
Ground is the cucked type on Gen VI. Poison got better with their effectiveness over Fairy.
>>
>>26902828
Who cares?

>Gengar still OU
>>
>>26902828
You say that, but Ghosts had a whole location, town, and plot point dedicated to them, and Gengar was pretty strong, too, regardless of the fact it didn't have STAB.

The only damaging Bug moves were Leech Life, Twineedle, and Pin Missile. Only Beedrill learned the latter two, so most were stuck with a 20 damage move.

I guess Scyther was pretty good, though. His Slash was deadly.
>>
>>26901465
>Gen V: Water
>cursed
How? Water got Scald which was amazing.
>>
>>26901465
>blessed
>gen V: bug, fighting
>not dragon

fuck outta here, it's like you don't even remember gen 5
>>
>>26903918
I'm going more off of the availability of types, like I said in the OP. Previous generations had a lot of Water-types, but Gen V only had Basculin, Alomomola, the jellies, the ducks, and the Tympole line readily available. None of these new Water-types were particularly strong, either.
>>
>>26901465
>Blessed
>Gen V: Bug, Fighting
no dark type?
>>
>>26903934
Nah, gen V is my favorite. Fighting was arguably the best type competitively in Gen V, and the generation introduced plenty of new Fighting types. Additionally, there was the Challenge Rock, which was a Fighting-type exclusive.

Gen V was very kind to Bug-types, giving them a ton of strong new Bugs to join the ranks, as well as a powerful legendary Bug. Additionally, Quiver Dance became a thing. You could find Bugs all over the region, too, and they no longer only evolved at low levels, being rather weak when fully evolved as a result.

Why would you say Dragon type? Dragons didn't really get anything that they didn't have in Gen III or IV, as far as I can remember.
>>
Damn about half of those are wrong. At least try next time.
>gen 3
>9 dragons
>18 psychic
>yet Dagon is favored over psychic

Don't feel like getting other numbers as its a waste of time, but do a little research next time lad.
>>
>>26901507
Poison also was SE against bug in Gen I and for some reason was still SE against dual typed pokemon that would normally be neutral to it.

For example, Poison Sting was SE against Weedle.
>>
>>26904142
You got the bug wrong. Weedle takes neutral damage from Poison, just the text doesn't show it. For example, Tentacool takes neutral damage from grass, but if you used a grass move on a Tentacool in gen 1, it will say "It's super effective" even though it is not.
>>
>>26903857
>Only Beedrill learned the latter two, so most were stuck with a 20 damage move.
And jolteon learned pin missile for some fucking reason.
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (10 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
10 KB, 319x316
>>26901465
>Poison is blessed in gen 1
kek.
>literally the IMMA EARTHQUAKE YOU ALL gen
>the gen with the OP psychic type
>the gen that show us: here's an amazing poison move: Toxic. But almost any pokemon could learn it, k?
>>
>>26901465
>Gen IV: Ghost
>Not rock
I get that it's more about availability, but they at least deserve to tie.
>>
>>26904108
It's not about sheer quantity. Dragon only had 4 representatives prior to Gen III, and then got 9 in a single generation, 3 of which were legendary. It also brought Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance, two very good Dragon-type moves. Dragon Tamers became a trainer class, as well.
>>
>>26905145
Okay, I may have phrased the OP less than perfectly. My reasoning for putting Poison type for Gen I is that there's a ridiculous number of Poison types in Kanto. Toxic was also a great move introduced in these games.

>>26908237
Good point on Rock. I had chosen Ghost because a. first Ghost-type legendary and b. a few Ghost-types that were obtained in really special ways, nominally Spiritomb, Rotom, and Drifloon. It seemed like Ghost-types got a lot of lore in Gen IV.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.