[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's suppose new Johto games came out this gen, after the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: Whitney_Opening.png (2 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Whitney_Opening.png
2 MB, 1174x881
Let's suppose new Johto games came out this gen, after the introduction of Fairy type.

What would happen to Whitney's gym?
I mean, thematically and aesthetically, it fits the Fairy type, and most Pokémon used there are Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Snubbul...but Whitney's signature Pokémon (Miltank) is pure normal. Could it become the first dual type gym?

What if they make a Normal/Fairy Mega Miltank?
>>
>megas at the second gym
>enemy megas with Johto's level curve
>all the anal wreckage and tears from scrubs on this board
Day one buy.
>>
>>26901015
Third gym,unless they give busy a mega get across,scizor,or pinsir
>>
>>26901021
Ah, right. For some reason I thought she was the second, probably because her mons are around the Lv 18-20 range.
>>
>>26900999
Considering Whitney's characterization, I think they'd favor Fairy. She just isn't like the other Normal Gym Leaders.
>>
They'll probably just swap Clefairy for Jigglypuff.
>>
>>26900999
It would just become a fairy gym. Like how Jasmine's gym went from Rock to Steel.
>>
>>26901037
That's where I'm coming from too.
It seems like >>26901045 would be the simpler option, but Whitney just screams fairy type. She's girly, she's pink and kinda childish.
>>
Normal
Jigglypuff, Chansey, and Audino fit her gym's theme.
>>
>>26901055
Her gym was never Rock.
>>
>>26901089
You never fight her gym as a rock gym, but it's stated that before the steel type was "Discovered", she ran a rock type gym
>>
>>26901055
>magnemite
>rock
okay :|
>>
>>26900999
It'll be a Normal Gym with some fairy pokemon in, like the Sinnoh's electric gym
>>
>>26901105
Now I wonder what was said in HG/SS. I don't remember. It may be that it isn't mentioned at all.
>>
>>26900999
>What would happen to Whitney's gym?
Nothing. It would still be normal type.
>>
>>26901109
>>26901089
>In battle, she uses the the newly-discovered Steel-type Pokemon, but a Gentleman in the Lighthouse states she used to train Rock-type Pokemon such as Onix. Once defeated, she will yield the Mineral Badge and TM23 (Iron Tail).
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jasmine
You guys never played GSC or something?
>>
>>26901105
I actually remember that vaguely now. That's interesting that they acknowledged it that way.
>>
i'd be down for fairy Whitney

Mega Miltank gaining fairy type would be terrifying if it got Play Rough and more bulk

+30 atk, def, spdef, and +10 speed sounds solidly intimidating
>>
>>26901030
That and Bugsy's forgettable as fuck
>>
>>26901168
I wasn't thinking of either Bugsy or Falkner when typing that out.
I certainly can't forget the first three gyms in Johto, they all have that one Pokémon that fucks up your team in a nuzlocke. Pidgeotto's Mud Slap being the worst.
>>
>>26901045

>swap clefairy for jiggly puff

Are you trying to say Chancy? Because jiggly puff is still fairy type
>>
>>26901190
Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy.
>>
>>26901190
it is also normal
>>
In the Japanese version, Akane (Whitney) is a cutesy "burikko"-like character that talks cutesy/acts stupid and she is portrayed as pretty childish and no one really wants to put up with her.
In the English version, shes a stupid redneck

What happened with this transition? Not saying either is better or worse... but its too different
>>
>>26901268
>Southern US dialect = redneck
?
>>
>>26901280
Im not american, I don't know this shit
>>
>>26901288
She still acts just as childish in the localization either way.
>>
>>26901190

Jiggly puff is dual actually
>>
>>26901190

It's normal to miss this, but unlike clefairy, fairy type got added to Jigglypuff's normal typing rather than replace it

They really want normal to be mixed with other types, I find it interesting
>>
>>26900999
Fairy type would suit - replace Miltank with Granbull.

However, she's tied strongly to her signature mon Miltank, so I could see them leaving it as Normal type and swapping Clefairy for Jigglypuff.
>>
>>26901268
She has a Kansai accent in Japanese, which is pretty much the equivalent of being a redneck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuTcc25v250
>>
>>26900999
If the Johto games got remakes, she would have normal types.

If the Johto games got sequels, she would have fairy types... just like how Janine used to have ground/rock types before she got her Steelix or the steel type was discovered.
>>
>>26901045
That Jigglypuff better know Metronome.
I loved seeing what Clefairy would come up with.
>>
>>26901105
Gen III introduced the new Pokemon, typing and moves very badly
>We just discovered 100 new mons that have been all the way over here in Johoto for thousands of years
>>
>>26903281
>Gen III
>Johto
>>
>>26903477
Fug, meant ll
>>
>>26900999

>More Gen 2 remakes
>They still don't fix the fucking level curve
>The evil team still suck

It wouldn't even be so bad if you don't reach such high levels in the end game that EVs actually do matter. I don't want all my sweepers with max DEF Evs just because graveler gave the most exp across two entire regions.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.