[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cheren tells you type advantages of your pokemon over Xtransceiver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7
File: cherencaster.png (26 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
cherencaster.png
26 KB, 256x192
>Cheren tells you type advantages of your pokemon over Xtransceiver
What the fuck GF? BLACK2 AND WHITE2 CONFIRMED TO BE CAUSAL SHIT
>>
>>26900134
Gen 4 was the last hardcore gen. Gen 5 was baby shit with free lucky eggs and all trainers capped at 3 mons and Gen 6 took it even further.
>>
Yeah but it's just the option to call. I prefer to have the option rather than be forced.
>>
>optional

>>26900153
B2W2 are the only games in the entire franchise where you have a boss with 7 Pokémon instead of 6 (with no break to heal), one of which is the cover legendary of the game.

Plus Hard Mode (granted you gotta' jump through hoops to unlock it, but still)

There was plenty of challenge in B2W2. They were the last games with a shred of challenge.
>>
Haters be damned I miss my portable type advantage checker(cheren) and my portable happiness checker(bianca)
>>
>>26900134
i forgot how hot Cheren is in b2w2
>>
>>26900503
>B2W2 are the only games in the entire franchise where you have a boss with 7 Pokémon instead of 6
XD
>>
>>26900682
>XD
Kill yourself
>>
>>26900684
>>
>>26900503
Yeah dude that Kyurem that gets oneshotted by anything and the boss having a worse, lower leveled team than its previous one with its main mon being completely ruined was challenging dude
>>
>>26900503
I like BW2 but that's bullshit, ghetsis were much easier in those games
>>
>>26900153
>Gen 4 was the last hardcore gen.
You wish, as useless as the Poketch was to us it opened the floodgates to casuals.
>>
>>26900153
>E4 member with Beautifly and Dustox
>hardcore
No.
>>
>>26900682
>>26900684
>>26900690
>>
File: stumped.png (395 KB, 1105x1000) Image search: [Google]
stumped.png
395 KB, 1105x1000
>newgenners post more self satisfying false equivalence delusions to convince themselves their games aren't shit compared to older pokemon titles

yawn, this thread AGAIN????
>>
>teh casual boogeyman ruining muh kids game
>>
>>26900731
Cynthia and Cyrus are still the hardest in-game battles in the franchise pre-postgame

So yeah, nah, fuck off.
>>
>>26900181
this. OP being a retard as usual.
>>
>>26900747
>Cynthia and Cyrus are still the hardest in-game battles in the franchise pre-postgame
They really aren't, you may have found them hard for whatever reason but they're piss easy to exploit, then there's the fact that they also dumbed down the BF, contests and like I said the Poketch opened the gates.
>>
>>26900747
>ghetsis

I never found how Cyrus was hard imo, but I did have an infernape and a Luxray. That pretty much beats everyone on his team
>>
>>26900756
I'm willing to bet he hasn't played a gen 5 game.
>>
>>26900750
Whenever I say this people just say, why don't you turn it off!

Just the mindset that th exp all is turned on be default is very insulting and you see what game freak thinks about kids these days. Like it would be so much better if they just said "if you need help, don't forget that really helps your team grow!" But no, they don't trust us enough to turn it on even
>>
>>26900754
How was the Frontier dumbed down?

And obviously, if you go prepared, they wont be hard. No Pokemon battle is hard if you know exactly what to do going into it.

>>26900756
Ok yeah, Ghetsis is up there too.

>>26900760
Why are you shitposting, fucker? Gen 5 is actually my favorite, or at least equal to Gen 4. I just forgot Ghetsis.
>>
>>26900767
>How was the Frontier dumbed down?
Have you never played the Emerald one?
In addition to removing several facilities they only added throwaway gimmicks that you can even turn on your opponent to make shit easier.
Not to mention even at the higher stages they still have horrible teams.

>if you go prepared
>implying you need to be prepared
You're really overestimating the difficulty there.
>>
Gen 5 was an attempt to baby players again. At least BW2 had challenge mode, although it was pointless because you had to beat the game first.
>>
>>26900766
This. They think we are too retarded to catch the rest of our team with the first 5 Pokeballs too, and expect us to actually buy more.

>Like it would be so much better if they just said "if you need help, don't forget that really helps your team grow!"
You mean like
>If you have an Exp. Share and you turn it on, all of the Pokémon in your team get Exp. Points, even if they don't appear in battle. I hope it helps you with your training!
>>
>>26900771
The removed a few of the good facilities, but some of them were so goddam bullshit

Like the place where you need to 3HKO, why not just battle tower?

And the place where you do a random action which is still dependent on your random nature and nothing is 100%

It's a tad bullshit m8

>>26900776
Ehh I feel the difference between Gen 5 and 6 is at points the game got harder and you had postgame in 5
>>
>>26900766
>Just the mindset that th exp all is turned on be default is very insulting
Literally everything key item in any video game on the planet that can be turned on or off is on as the default you retard.
>>
i don't know where this whole 'casualizing" Pokemon came from when its been like his since 1996

yes Battle frontier subway and stuff is ment to test how much of the game you know but its not where near a hard core or "le mlg" status
>>
>>26900779
That don't even except is to catch Pokemon

People go out of your way to give you Pokemon and plot points revolve around it, at least in yellow you felt rewarded for raising happiness
>>
>>26900788
>gen 2
>trainers and gyms are piss easy
>gen 3
>they actually try balancing the game compared to gen 1 which was broken and gen 2 which was a joke
>gen 4
>everything is streamlined and reasonably balanced, but at least there is some challenge
>gen 5
>balanced as it gets, no fucking challenge
And so
>>
>>26900785
>Like the place where you need to 3HKO
No such place existed. Unless you're talking about the Arena where victory was dependent on several different factors as opposed to straight battling.

>And the place where you do a random action which is still dependent on your random nature and nothing is 100%
See this is where the whole "git gud" argument comes into play. If you knew what natures did what then you would breeze through it. That was one of the easier facilities but the problem was that there was no reliable way of getting those natures.

Basically these facilities weren't just straight battling like the gen 4 ones, you had to learn the mechanics and such and get accustomed to the actual game.
>>
>>26900810
How were you suposed to know what natures did when gen 3 came out

Also the bullshit is with this even with adamant it's still not a 100% that you'll attack, combine that with postgame RNG, it leads to a big "fuck you"
>>
>>26900799
>That don't even except is to catch Pokemon
What?

>at least in yellow you felt rewarded for raising happiness
Yeah man playing the game like every other fucking game is so "rewarding", not to mention it only applies to Bulbasaur. Yellow has still more handouts than XY.

>starter
>fossil
>lucario
>lapras

vs

>THREE starters
>Hitmon
>fossil
>Aerodactyl
>Eevee
>>
>>26900134
I just want to take advantage of Nate
>>
>>26900824
>How were you suposed to know what natures did when gen 3 came out
Several ways from NPCs and a dictionary to the internet.

>Also the bullshit is with this even with adamant it's still not a 100% that you'll attack, combine that with postgame RNG, it leads to a big "fuck you"
Again git gud, if you know your way around the machine there shouldn't be a problem.

Also that leads us to another problem, the Gen 4 frontier didn't have anything unique to it, they were all just straight battles with the same Tower tier requirements of beating 7 trainers until the brain shows up.
>>
>>26900134
But anon, that's outside of battle, and only what you are weak to. Is that why you chose to show it in a different language
>>
>>26900841
>the Gen 4 frontier didn't have anything unique to it
better waifus
>>
>>26900845
>implying anything beats Greta, Anabel and Lucy
>implying waifus are battles
>>
>>26900788
>i don't know where this whole 'casualizing" Pokemon came from when its been like his since 1996
The games actually had shreds of challenge here and there that could catch you out if you werent careful.

Consider these two things;

>Before Gen 5, Gym Leaders actually had more than just 3 Pokémon
>Masuda admitted in an X/Y game that they're made the games more easy to compete with mobile games
>>
>>26900824
>going with Adamant when it only does shit at below half health
>>
>>26900871
>Masuda admitted in an X/Y game that they're made the games more easy to compete with mobile games
>still taking that quote out of context.
>not knowing that gen 5 was one of the hardest gens even without challenge mode
>>
>>26900889
I never said Gen 5 wasn't one of the hardest. I'd argue that B/W is actually the most challenging game, followed by Platinum. B2/W2 is up there if we're counting Post-Game and Challenge Mode.

HOWEVER. the Gym Leaders restricted Pokémon is still something that can be considered making the games easier though.

As for the quote, it is very much in context. Masuda was specifically talking about stuff in the games made to give kids an easier time (IE; EXP Share), and he specifically said the reason was mobile gaming. I don't really see how you think I could have taken the quote out of context, my dude.
>>
>>26900914
>the Gym Leaders restricted Pokémon is still something that can be considered making the games easier though.
Not really, more often than not they were just doubles like two sealeo or something, if anything it just made it more tedious because you can already take down one easily,
>>
>>26900871
>The games actually had shreds of challenge here and there that could catch you out if you werent careful.
Where? If they exist they're in every game, period.

>>Before Gen 5, Gym Leaders actually had more than just 3 Pokémon
Number of Pokemon =/= difficulty
Whitney is way more difficult than Blue from the same game despite having 4 less Pokemon.
Also if we count the 32 gyms before gen V, with enhanced versions, they're just 14 out of 32, and even then it's just Emerald padding out, making it 11 out of 32. And in EVERY case before gen V any additional Pokemon either was a double of the shittiest Pokemon or just a shit Pokemon overall, like Swablu.
>>
>>26900871
>The games actually had shreds of challenge here and there that could catch you out if you werent careful.
Gen 1 didn't, in fact it would be hard to find yourself in that situation due to how broken the special stat was and how retarded the AI was.

Gen 2 was the same minus the special stat. In fact the only real challenge was the battle tower in Crystal and that was because it was glitchy as fuck and you had to work around it.

Gen 3 we're getting somewhere, there was a major improvement in AI but kept the main game at acceptable levels for the audience.
The BF provided adequate challenge for veteran players and had the player become more in depth with the mechanics.

Gen 4 kind of removed the post game difficulty but bumped up the main game a bit but again not enough to catch you off guard.

Gen 5 was 4 redux but for once there was a moment that could catch you of guard, that being Ghetsis.

Gen 6 went back to about gen 2 levels of difficulty but without the tedium.

So yeah, only one game had that moment.
>>
>>26900825
This is late but, lapras+fossil are both under leveled, and for hitmons you need to battle trainers for it

Plus the starters are optional and you find them, rather than people stopping you and making it a plot point of the game, mega evolving Lucario/finding the professor for a starter

Also the fossil in gen 1 are 6 gyms apart whereas in gen 6 it's in the same town

Also the eevee is found through exploring it's not given to you, you find it
>>
>>26901070
>but they don't count!
Seriously?
That's pathetic anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 750x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 750x644
>>26900879
>>26900841
How the hell are you supposed to figure this out
>>
>>26901070
>Plus the starters are optional and you find them
Dude, they're sitting there out in the open. Especially Charmander and Squirtle. Charmander is just given to you and Squirtle needs badges.
>>
>>26901087
I am describing that people aren't going out of their way to give you Pokemon rather than making it a point of the game.

Compared to exploring in gen 1

Also some of them are way too under leveled
>>
>>26901087
Not the same guy, but there is a difference between seeking out the gift mons and having characters running up to you and throwing them in your hands as part of the story.
>>
>>26901097
In gen 6 you have to actively reject them. In gen 1 you needed to find them (out in the open) you could still ignore them
>>
>>26901106
Okay one Charmander and Squirtle were out in the open, no exploration required.
Same with Lapras and the Fossils they're just out there and given to you.

Also if you want to be technical you can miss the Lapras in Gen 6 by not talking to that NPC.
>>
>>26901125
Well, it's something talking to people, in gen 6 people come up to you and give you Pokemon like you have to take Mega Fug, or catch Xerneas, or "choose" a Kanto starter. You still have to pester Korrina for that mega ring and then have to reject Licario to progress the game

>but you can still box them after that

That doesn't change the fact that if you're careless and don't talk to anyone you won't get them.
>>
>>26901070
>and for hitmons you need to battle trainers for it
Because you don't need to beat a gym for Lucario right
>>
>>26901182
The fighting dojo that's completely optional vs the gym that's nessesary to complete the game and then have to go up to Korrina who wants you to take the Lucario only for you to reject it
>>
>>26901189
How does that change anything? You still have to battle trainers to get it.
>>
>>26901202
Except one is completely optional to the game, compared to the mandatory progression of the game
>>
>>26901220
How does that change anything? You still have to battle trainers to get it.
>>
>>26901250
Is this bait?

If a speed runner has to reject the Lucario, while they completely get the option to ignore it and not even touch it
>>
Question, was the final battle against Zinnia in ORAS meant to be even entertaining? Because they literally give you a free win machine.
>>
>>26901264
It's suposed to represent how strong you/Fug are.
>>
>>26901091
By sistematically breeding the same mon with all natures, testing diferent combination of attacks, and from that make a percentage table like that one, duh!
>>
>>26900695
>lower level team
That's because you fight him before the E4 rather than after.
>>
>>26901264
Question, was the battle before -eight gym leader, E4 and Champion since gen 3- meant to be even entertaining? Because they literally give you a free win machine.
>>
>>26901412
>-eight gym leader, E4 and Champion since gen 1
ftfy
>>
>>26901438
>gen 1
please explain
>>
>>26901445
What's to explain?
Going back to gen 1 and 2 is a fucking chore and it's extremely boring.
>>
>>26901457
I was refering to the instant win machine, that occurs in gen 1
>>
>>26900503
>kyurem trash
>2 turn attacks
>ice type
such boss
wow
very dangeruse
much pressure
nerfect ghetsis team

if anything ghetsis' bw hydreigon was much better
his whole bw team was superior to the nerfed bw2 one
>>
>>26901481
Oh, pretty much any pokemon with over 80 in special beats the game singlehandedly.
>>
Why was the Holocauster just a shit version of this?
>>
File: angry_pepe[1].jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe[1].jpg
65 KB, 900x900
this casualization meme is getting out of hand. Tbh we all play Pokemon for more important reasons than "m-muh storyline & muh difficulty". The real pokemon fans play the game either for competitive battling (smogon tiers or VGC) shiny hunting, nuzlocks (which are fanmade difficulties anyway) to name a few. I dont really mind them dumbing the game down, since it is meant to make the game easier to understand for people new to the series.
>>
>>26901492
True that, I thought you meant like a box legend
>>
>>26901530
this one
>>
>>26900153
> gen4
> hardcore

don't confuse impractical and 8 fuckin HM required anytime for hardcore, it's just plain annoying. other than that, I never felt any challenge in DP, never lost to anything either
>>
>>26903399
DP != Pt
>>
>>26903421
it's the same shit, stop. still need to have 2 team slot used for fuckin nothing, still the same shitty story, still the same pathetic villain team, still the same laughable dex repartition. the only thing they changed is speed up a bit and it's barely noticeable. your dp character still runs at the speed your XY character walks. I dusted my soul silver to play voltorb battle and I spent 5 min to try figuring out why my character wasn't runing until I remembered that he was already doing so.

the answer is there : every one have only 4 mons because the two others are level 4 <regional rodent> which serve as hm slave and they need them to go back home, you are the only one dumb enough to send all of yours mons in a single battle.
>>
>>26900741
That pidgey looks nice
>>
>>26901485
>such wow very much
you should kill yourself
>>
File: 1459097302213.png (50 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
1459097302213.png
50 KB, 600x720
>pokemon
>ever hard for anyone over the age of 10
>>
I'm planning on starting a Black 2 or White 2 Challenge Mode nuzlocke but I'm unsure as to which version I wanna play.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.