[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10
File: Mid-battle_evolution.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mid-battle_evolution.webm
1 MB, 640x480
Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better foir Essentials games)

ToTT: Which community do you most frequently use to host your project's progress?

Thanks to all the anons who helped design my starters last thread.
>>
>>26895653
>Which community do you most frequently use to host your project's progress?

These threads.
>>
>>26895653
>Which community do you most frequently use to host your project's progress?
Pokecommunity.
But, I haven't posted it yet and I won't until I've made a substantial amount of progress.
Maybe when it gets to about 75-80% completed-ness.
>>
>>26895653
Sort of related to the spoiler, I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of a design for what to do for my fire starter. The grass and water are fine.

If it helps, the grass becomes Grass/Rock and water becomes Water/Steel
>>
>>26895961
Ground type feels like it fits with the other two even though it doesn't necessarily make a triangle or anything. Which I think is the best way to go. Make something that feels right but isn't necessarily a pattern. Don't know what animal though.
>>
>>26895976
Ground sounds good for a sub-type for the last one, I'll try to think of some sort of animal that relates to it
>>
>>26896019
The only thing I can help you with with the animal is that I had an idea for a ground type dog who had a digging and bone motif. Aesthetically it was more like a hound like a dachshund or something. There are lots of dogs though, and a fire-type one even, so that's up to you if that's an issue.
>>
>>26896019
Fire/Ground...
Motifs:
>Lava/Volcanos
>Explosives
>Tectonics
>Subterranean
>Projectiles

Creatures related to fire
>Dragon
>Tiger
>Birds of Prey
>Camels
>Desert Lizards/Snakes

Creatures related to earth
>Snakes again
>Bears
>Death Worms
>Tortoises
>Elephant
>Living Statues

Maybe you could combine a couple of these elements to make something of your own?
Perhaps an Erupting Volcano Elephant, or a Burrowing Bear that shifts the ground above it.

Hope this helps
>>
>>26895732
>pokecommunity
>reborn forum
>mean age of 16

Then again, /vp/ is even younger apparently.

>>26895961
Way way back when, I had the idea of a jackal crossed with a jack-o-lantern. Turned into an edgy mummy dog.

I was confused about gen 6's pumpkin pokemon's typing because of this.
>>
>>26896181
>>pokecommunity
>>reborn forum
>>mean age of 16
>implying underage
>implying im working with rpgmaker
What
Isn't reliccastle for Essentials games?
Either way, I wouldn't know because I've never browsed those subforums.
>>
>>26896111
>>26896181
Thinking of going with a type of jackal with Anubis+Ra inspiration, something to do with tectonic plates too. Thanks lads
>>
is OP rpgmaker or bw?
>>
>>26896335
Rpgmaker, unfortunately.
We've yet to receive a good, completely custom BW hack.
>>
>>26896335
RPG Maker
>>
>>26896354
>We've yet to receive a good, completely custom BW hack.
You say that as if it's within the possibility of hackers right now to completely modify every single thing about the games.
>>
>>26896386
No, what I meant was that people who want to make a fan game in a gen 5 style are stuck with rpgmaker until BW gets the love it deserves in research and disassembly.
>>
>tfw played all the good hacks and the essentials games are always shit or unfinished
>>
>>26897070
>>tfw played all the good hacks and the essentials games are always shit or unfinished
So you've played just Gaia?
>>
File: Pokemon Red Battle Factory_01.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Red Battle Factory_01.png
4 KB, 160x144
>>26897092
>
>>
>>26896421
gen 4 hasn't really received much either, although custom map editing is a possibility. it's just hard, at least compared to advancemap.
>>
>>26895653
What hack is that? Mid battle evolution seems dope.
>>
>>26897432
also wondering about this
>>
>>26897432
>>26897524
It's my RMXP project Meta Mercury.
I'm actually surprised GF hasn't implemented this, because it was extremely easy to do.

I'm going to set up a forum page soon, with information, but I want to finish the trailer first.
>>
>>26897545
I'm sure they easily could. Just like they could re-implement any number of previous mechanics people loved that they inexplicably took out. It's just a matter of whether they'd think of it/make the choice to do so.

Anyway I look forward to your project anon.
>>
Good luck on your project, it looks great!
>>
File: pokemon_glazed_world_map.png (9 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_glazed_world_map.png
9 KB, 240x160
Anyone know how i can get my ez-flash IV to save correctly (without having the save corrupt itself if after restarting the gba) in Pokemon Glazed?
I've tried the Sram patch, hex editing
(gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/), & changing the save size to 128k/1024k
>>
>>26895732
shame pokecomm's game dev section is so dead these days, it was absolutely fantastic around Gen 4-Early Gen 5. probably the golden age of rmxp game dev
>>
File: 1463040147590.png (44 KB, 310x398) Image search: [Google]
1463040147590.png
44 KB, 310x398
>>26895653
Has somebody hacked GB/GBC Pokemon games music? I searched and I haven't find anything.
>>
File: 21.png (786 KB, 665x450) Image search: [Google]
21.png
786 KB, 665x450
>>26898103
>Has somebody hacked GB/GBC Pokemon games music?

I have. My covers aren't that great but I can answer any questions, hopefully. Anything specific you want to know?
>>
>>26898422
Any idea on how those games store track data, like ROM locations and formats? I'm experimenting with some Qt and C++ and I want to be able to dump some data about ROM music.
>>
>>26898452
Both Red and Crystal have been fully disassembled, so you can look at all the code directly, though it's in assembly.

https://github.com/pret/pokered
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal

I don't think any GBC spinoffs have been fully disassembled yet, though, and I know at least the TCG games have a somewhat different music structure (to the point that porting songs to Crystal is a pain in the ass and requires heavy modification of the songs to make them not sound shit due to the differences), so if you were interested in those specifically I can't help, but you could check the #pret IRC and see if the people who tried in the past to disassemble those games have any information.
>>
Whatever happened to Digimon Rainbow
>>
>>26898530
Thanks!
Gotta learn Z80 assembly.
>>
I'm using Essentials to make a game that takes place in the past and I was wondering if there's some way to give entire region an "old film" effect. Is it possible? If yes, what would be the best way to do that?
>>
>>26899690
You could probably set the screen tone on every map update to (0,-10,-50,200) and have a persistent animated fog as the film strip grain effect. That should do it, but I'll look more into it in the morning.
>>
>>26899783
The fog should be enough. Re-coloring the screen requires events.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-29+at+05.15.27).png (3 KB, 253x187) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-29+at+05.15.27).png
3 KB, 253x187
Got a little problem here. When my character enters dark cave-ish map for the first time, everything works fine, however, every time I re-enter it afterwards, pic related happens. Basically, everything becomes invisible and the only thing I can see on screen is that empty tiny circle while everything else, including player character sprite, is gone.
>>
>>26901428
Essentials or ROM
if Essentials, what V
>>
>>26902453
Essentials, Klein's BW build
>>
guys I have a question I am playing my first rom hack ever and I'm playing wilting Y, it's probably because I'm really bad but how do you get your pokemon strong enough to face the strong gym leaders? are you supposed to train them on wild pokemon or something?
>>
>>26902884
I haven't played EXWY yet (it's on my 3DS but I just haven't taken the time) but I imagine you just need a good team composition and then you'd be able to take them on with an underleveled team.
>>
>>26895653
Are you going to post your scripts at some point? Also could you post the script for your water?
>>
File: Sky_Large.png (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Sky_Large.png
2 KB, 128x128
>>26904187
I'm post some scripts at the completion of my game.
So far, I intend on releasing:
>a Smogon Exporter
>a Pokemon Bank System
>a game launcher script
>a trainer customization script

I'm also currently optimizing my water animations, so my code for it is subject to change.
This should get you to where I am though:

You need to use my WIP Gen 5 tiles found in the OP or make your water tiles 33-50% transparent.

Define
>@panoramalag=0
at the beginning of def initialize (~line 139) in "Spriteset_Map"

In "def update",
Replace
>@panorama.ox = @map.display_x / 8
>@panorama.oy = @map.display_y / 8
with
>@panoramalag += 1

>if @panoramalag==6
> @panorama.ox -= 1
> @panorama.oy -= -1
> @panoramalag=0
>end
>@panorama.update if @panoramalag % 2 == 0

Set pic related as your panorama layer and it should animate underneath all transparent tiles on the map.
>>
File: SkyLarge.png (3 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
SkyLarge.png
3 KB, 256x256
Actually, this is the image at the correct scale.
>>
>>26904345
>a game launcher
Could you elaborate?
Also, could you toggle the movement depending on if there are transparent tiles?
>>
>>26904924
It will be similar to the GBA/NDS Bios.
You'll be able to remotely scan for updates to downloaded games and run them, as well as check for in game events, install add-ons, and load load new saved files.
It will also be able to link to the bank program to move pokemon across files.
>>
>>26896181
Well yeah, but it and reliccastle are the only places that are remotely active.
>>
File: houndoom.gif (2 MB, 1060x723) Image search: [Google]
houndoom.gif
2 MB, 1060x723
Pokémon Prism is confirmed to be released this September... for Twitch Plays Pokémon only, becoming available publically after the run.

I'm actually mad about this. Obviously the TPP-original hacks are going to get priority for the TPP runs, but people have been waiting for Prism for 10 years and it's going to get spoiled to hell and back before release because of this.

KBM said his future plans for getting the hack out this year would piss people off but I never could have imagined this.
>>
File: Right_Screen_HUD.webm (2 MB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
Right_Screen_HUD.webm
2 MB, 1152x480
Focusing my attention on my right screen HUD.
I really dig Klein's bitmap functions
>>
>>26901428

Fixed it, turns out my cave tiles had no terrain tags. Absolutely no idea why that made everything disappear though.
>>
>>26907070
I got a question regarding fogs, I only recently realized how cool stuff can be added thanks to them.
I decided to make effect of clouds moving slowly on one of my city maps, added an event triggered by parallel process (that's what essentials wiki said to do) that changes the map setting of fog, basically enabling it on the map of the city.
Here's my problem though, the route before this city has a bad weather conditions so I only enabled it on that one city map and now whenever I get close to the border between the two maps, all clouds just outright disappear in a blink of an eye. Is it possible to make it smooth/make them slowly fade away?
>>
>>26907632
I haven't worked with that yet, but yeah, I'd imagine you could set the fogs to transition between maps with the help of a script.
>>
What do you think about having more than 8 gyms?
What about gyms where the leaders sometimes carry pokemon that aren't of the type they train, but fit their personal theme?

I think having gyms for all 18 types is excessive, personally

I think it's funny the games have experts of a specific type as powerful trainers when the game encourages the player to raise a varied type of pokemon to be successful.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.