[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HALP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I grew up with the pokemon games so I've played every game starting with rby. Some of my pokemon I've carried with me through quite a few games as soon as we were given the ability to transfer.

My younger brother has recently become very interested in pokemon. He wants to know the best way to get into the game having never been in to it before.

I tried to think of the best answer but I really don't know. The problem is that without previously owning any games you can never really "catch them all" which is sort of autistic.

How can I go about giving him the best, most up to date experience?

Couple things of note:
>he's not autistic
>he knows pokemon names and isn't unfamiliar with the concept
>he played a few of my old games when he was younger so again, he isn't 100% unfamiliar
>he's mainly interested in catching as much as he can and getting them in a single location to pick and choose favorites

That's all I really know.

Help me out, /vp/
>>
>>26892862
Well, to be honest anon, i kind of think XY & ORAS might be a good starting point if he's more interested in catching, since you still get EXP when catching so he won't be underleveled for gyms and such, plus all the other features might get him to like it as well, plus you might wanna play along with him with a second system and tell him about things like Shinies and legendaries.
>>
>>26892862
Just show him Showdown. Every other game is for autists only.
>>
>>26892862
honestly i think oras would be best
>>
>>26892862
I second the notion to start with the latest games.
They might not be the best in terms of game quality, none of them are particularly high quality games. You play pokemon for the experience of catching pokemon and evolving and battling with them, and honestly I would feel wrong entering the franchise with a game that doesnt have everything the franchise has to offer.
If he likes the gen 6 games, then suggest he play the previous ones. But the novelty of moving from having less to more pokemon is probably something that's best experienced in the now, rather than playing through the games knowing there are more that you can't access.
>>
>>26893276
Wow, what an original insult about the main games.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.