[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No past starters >No legendaries from Gen I-II >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4
File: black-white-2.jpg (66 KB, 460x207) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2.jpg
66 KB, 460x207
>No past starters
>No legendaries from Gen I-II
>No past version mascots like the weather/creation trio
>No freaking PIKACHU
>All of those were obviously left out to make way for XY and ORAS
>Postgame legendaries are all shitty except for the Tao dragons and Lati duo

But those aren't valid criticisms and anyone with such complaints is a salty genwunner! Best Dex ever!!!1!!!!one!!!
>>
File: 4L_ytz3k5Gy.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
4L_ytz3k5Gy.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
>>
Why don't we let anyone enjoy their favourite game in the franchise like a good comunity? :^)
>>
>>26882149
:^)
>>
File: 1463190870070.jpg (38 KB, 272x485) Image search: [Google]
1463190870070.jpg
38 KB, 272x485
>>26882109
Exquisite meme!
>>
>>26882109
The only valid critism here is the shitty legendaries from gen 5

everything else is you sucking nostalgia dick since you're not talking about actual features

I wish we could have gotten another BW2 in terms of content but no we get absolute trash that its redeeming feature is online
>>
>>26882149

Because /vp/ is cancer
>>
File: tumblr_mb3rpqoqn71r8l831.jpg (55 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb3rpqoqn71r8l831.jpg
55 KB, 500x400
>>26882149
>good community
>in /vp/
>>
>>26882168
But nostalgia isn't a valid complaint because complaining about it automatically means that you're a genwunner, most likely a Charizardfag, and cancer! Unova did the right thing by being anti-nostalgia and alienating those pesky Kanto dicksuckers!
>>
>>26882109
>No past starters
Good, we got them in all the other games
>No legendaries from gen I-II
Good, they were in platinum and HGSS, we dont need themagain
>No past version mascots
We got them in HGSS so why would we need them here
>No freaking PIKACHU
Pikachu isnt even good why would you want it? May as well complain when a game doesnt have sunkern in it or something
no? they were left out because Gen 5's entire thing was having the largest amount of new pokemon in the series and less of the old ones in the games.
Does it matter? Legendaries are literally useless and just rot in a box.
>>
>>26882182
It's mostly become worse in hindsight due to Nintendo WFC being shut down
>>
>>26882182
Would it have hurt just to randomly have Ho-Oh and Lugia sitting around somewhere instead of muh faceless golems and identical pixies?
>>
>>26882109
what the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>26882234
>BW2's dex/postgame selection is generally very good
>However, it leaves out a lot of iconic and nostalgic series
>But on /vp/, nostalgia is a completely invalid complaint and BW2 has the best dex in the series, just like every other aspect of these perfect godly games
>In fact, nostalgia is a BAD thing and one of the reasons why XY are absolute garbage
>>
>>26882254
*species, not series
>>
>>26882149
Because we're all assholes
>>
>>26882254
there is a lot of reasons that XY are gargabe, nostalgia is a minor one
>>
>>26882254
Nostalgia is a bad thing though, it's the laziest form of fanservice.
Sadly nostalgia is the least of XY's problems.
>>
>>26882297
More like "easy but effective".

And it's not the end-all be-all; even though BW1 suffers hard from not having any old species until postgame, DP are far worse DESPITE the fact that they have tons of old species, including Pikachu.
>>
I'm about to finish white for the first time, is white 2 (or black 2) worth playing? It's been fun but I'm not sure I can be bothered with the region again. I might skip to X/Y
>>
>>26882401
For sure. If you have a second DS/3DS you can also do Memory Link and unlock a few extra cutscenes and battles. The story isn't as good, but the Pokédex and postgame are much better. The only issue is that if you're a nostalgiafag like me, some of your favorites might be hard to get, especially if you don't have a Gen IV game and a second system.

OP here btw
>>
>>26882109
Wow, who gives a fuck.

Cramming as many Pokemon as you can into one game doesn't make it good. Especially legends and starters. All legends were fun to obtain in B2W2. The regis, lake trio, lati@s, and more were all obtained uniquely. Unlike in ORAS (for the most part), where you just stick a hand through a portal and *poof*. Sure, Ho-oh and Lugia were kinda fun, but they were exceptions. And the starters? It was literally the same scene four times over, even if the time with Birch's wife was sort of funny.
>>
>>26882195
Ho-Oh and Lugia are a lot more important than the golems or lake trio. It doesn't make sense to have them just sitting around.

Most people complain about how legendaries have become trivialized. You're in the minority, here.
>>
>>26882401
Play W2 right after White. You *hopefully* won't regret it. The region's changed quite a bit, and the stories do work together.
>>
>>26882487
Or even the beasts and birds. It's pretty clear that they left them out for arbitrary reasons.
>>
>>26882109
>no gym rematches
>no Frontier
>rehashed subway
>"contests" are worthless and don't even have online
>>
>>26882518
Birds and beasts were obtainable in HGSS. As was the weather trio, Mewtwo, Lugia, and Ho-Oh.

Golems weren't. Lake trio wasn't. Cresselia wasn't. Heatran wasn't.

Sure, Lati@s are in both games, I'll give you that. But still: It's not arbitrary.
>>
>>26882109

><> J
>>
>>26882564
Oh, okay. That's a valid point, especially since HGSS were easier to obtain back when B2W2 were new.
>>
>>26882547
>no gym rematches
>when there are gym rematches for literally every gym since gen I

"I've never played B2W2: the post"

And since when have contests ever had online?
>>
>>26882254
Nostalgia is a bad thinf if it's repeatedly pulling the same strings. The point of nostalgia is you get to experience something you havent had in a long time.

Anyway, one can actually argue that BW is genwun pandering done right, not because of the pokemon designs, but because of thw experience of playing a legit new game
>>
>>26883002

XY, like GSC, adds the Kanto starters and legendaries to the regional dex; however, they're the first games to take it even further and let you use the Kanto starters early on, for almost your entire adventure.

It had the POTENTIAL to be done right, but ended up being botched, mostly because of the starters. Serperior and Samurott have very cool designs, but all three of the starters have extremely uninspired typing, stats and movesets. And Emboar sinks even lower by being the third Fire/Fighting in a row and having an unappealing, overly bulky design.

Now compare them to Kalos' starters, which have creative typing, stats, movepools and especially abilities. If you switched Unova's and Kalos' starters around, then BW would be much better remembered. It'd also make a bit more sense, since the lame Unova starters would take a backseat to the Kanto starters that you get in the same game.
>>
>>26883073
Second statement refers to BW
>>
>>26883073
>GSC has Kanto starters in its dex

That's the fucking national dex you retard

God I remember arguing how I hated Unova but now I find myself defending it against Kalosperms

Even Unovabortions admit they have shitty starters, guess what so does Johto

Good starters don't make a game

Case in point Hoenn+Kalos

Also Chestnaut is the least like starter according to Japan
>>
>>26882170
Don't get me wrong, I'm just here for the shitpost.
>>
>>26883115
The GSC dex still had the Kanto starters and legendaries tacked on at the end, even if they weren't obtainable; the starters were even used by some NPC trainers. HGSS brought it full circle and made them obtainable.

And at least Johto was only the second gen. The starters' designs are simplistic but appealing, and also have nostalgia going for them (boo-hoo, that isn't allowed to count for anything here). It also helps that Typhlosion didn't have an overused starter type combination to rehash.

Oh, and the Kanto starters are all fairly shitty in battle without Mega Evolution, in any case.
>>
>>26883140
like 90% of this board?
>>
>>26883157
>Kanto starters are all fairly shitty in battle without Mega Evolution, in any case.
did you ever gen V venusaur?
>>
>>26883157
How does that matter? Like how does that affect the game?

Typhlsion is a literally yellow mole without Fire

like in gen 6

What's not simplistic about Serpeior?

What do starters really have to do with a region anyways
>>
>>26883177
They had their moments. The Johto and Unova starters have their moments too, since Sheer Force Gatr and Contrary Serperior are truly a thing. I'm proud that Serperior's in OU, if only it happened a generation earlier so it could have been a proto-Greninja amidst all the BW hype.

>>26883178
The starters are among the most important Pokémon for a region's reputation and image imo. Unova's Legendaries were fantastic though
>>
>>26883157
>>26883190
do you have any point or what?
>>
>>26883190
Doesn't Japan hate 2/3 Kalos starters?
>>
>>26883200
All I'm saying is that little things like Emboar and not having Pikachu can affect a gen's reputation
>>
>>26883213
oh
alright then
>>
>>26882420
Tfw two systems>>26883115
The Johto Dez has every Kanto Mon. Its Pokedex has 251 Pokemon, 256 in HGSS
>>
>>26883213
>not having Pikachu
>bad

Literally kill yourself

Fuck you, literally fuck you for encouraging game freak to just keep on pandering and pandering and stop being unique. It's people like you who hate different who are killing this series' creativity
>>
>>26883213
Can.
But it's not an obligation.
>>
>>26883234
Johto Dex*
>>
>>26883243
You sound EXACTLY like a Wind Waker fag hating on TP.

Seriously, B2W2 vs. XY and WW vs. TP are the EXACT SAME argument, with the EXACT SAME factions.
>>
>>26883257
wtf are you talking about?
what does TLOZ has to do with anything you're talking?
>>
>>26883276
WW and B2W2: "They tried new things and went against nostalgic wishes, best games ever!"

XY and TP: "They pandered to nostalgia without any imagination or creativity, worst games ever!"
>>
>>26883257
graphics?
>>
>>26883257
>bland art style in an effort to be "realistic"
>trying to be more serious but ends up being less so than the previous game
>the previous game wants to be fresh and the new one wants to wank off over the originals

Wow! It really IS like WW vs TP
>>
>>26883304
Are you drunk?
Zelda fans (like me) like more TP than WW.
if anything, WW is childish like XY
and people don't like WW graphics the same way they don't like gen 6 models
>>
>>26883257
Except XY weren't unfinished games that literally undid how the games were changing since platinum, and fucking 180'ed into a kids first video game.

TP tried to be differentish from Oot

X and Y literally pandering to the extreme

>first wild encounter IS pidgey
>Exact Virden Forest clone
>They Give you a second set of starters
>You wake up a Snorlax blocking your path with aficionados pokeflute
>They give you another lapras
>mewtwo is there
>The legendary birds are too

That's not all its just a garbage rushed game

Do you remeber Sina and Dexio?

Can you name the admins that show up twice

Why does the champion not do anything, this is a first period

Why does your mom not do anything

Where are your other friends (Trevor and Tierno) in game from Mega evolution to that spooky house, or from then to the 8th gym where they heal you inbetween every fight

Why does nobody have 6 Pokemon besides the champ and rivals

Why does your rivals not have 6 moves

Why does one of them just stand outside of your house in postgame, never to move again

How lazy does GF have to be to change the Chateu Rematches, and when you change a trainer's level, they fucking turn into level up sets

Fuck Pokemon X and Y
>>
>>26882109
>No past starters
What is Platinum?
>No legendaries from Gen I-II
The fuck you leaving out III and IV for?
>No past version mascots like the weather/creation trio
Isn't this just the same argument as above but reworded??
>No freaking PIKACHU
I guess this is an okay arguement for people that are so attached to using the same pokemon on their team in every game.
I think XYORAS were just to make up for the complaints they got
Couldn't you make this argument for every game?
>>
>>26883311
If anything, I hate WWfags even more than Unovabortions.

Mostly because they can't fathom the possibility that some people might be turned off by the artstyle of their game and/or the silly/childish moments.

>>26883343
From what I've seen, people worship and defend WW graphics and bash TP's "gritty" artstyle the same way they bash XY models.

>>26883353
>Unfinished
Tell that to fucking DP, which have most of XY's flaws and then some
>Kids first
You can turn the Exp. Share off, and/or choose not to equip Mega Stones
>Nitpicks about the story and trainers
Why are those necessarily a bad thing
>>
>>26883383
>From what I've seen
congratulations, you just admitted that you never played Zelda
>>
>>26883353
*X and Y were unfinished

Also these are the first games since diamond to not have Elite 4 round 2 shit

And there's only 1 new city to see in postgame, and it's just another battle tower clone

Fuck being forced to catch a legendary because it appeared, BW had an accuse because N had the opposite one

Fuck turning on the exp all for me, if I need help I can turn it on

Where are the goddam hold items for trainers

Why can't I rematch any trainer I've fought on a route

Fuck the whole story too
>>
>>26883343
Its much harder to get definitive opinions in the Zelda fan base than the Pokemon one.

WW is probably one of the most beloved games in the franchise now. I haven't even played WW but I know this. Also TP starts off top slow for me to say it's great.

>>26883353
Also this whole post. Nobody was memorable and nobody did anything. It felt like the most sanitized Pokemon experience.
>>
>>26883383
Oh I hate DP too, don't just say they did it too, that was 10 years ago, it's not ok

Fucking acknowledge my points like an argument

It's not everything they give me that makes it too easy, they've literally admited they made the games easier. They have garbage AI and movesets you cunt
>>
>>26883404
I've played and beaten OoT, ALttP and TP, and parts of MM and ALBW. I'm not playing WW due to lack of interest.

>>26883406
I bet if B2W2 was the exact same game but with XY's Kanto pandering added, /vp/ would make these exact complaints about it.

If they make a game with Unova pandering, it'll be the board's new sacred cow. Especially if it's a Black 3 and White 3 that goes back to a B2W2-style dex but adds a few Gen VI/VII mons, and only has starters and legendaries from anti-nostalgic generations.
>>
>>26883427
RBY's AI is even worse. They literally status you when you've already been statused, and heal themselves when they're already healed.
>>
>>26883420
>WW is probably one of the most beloved games in the franchise now
You are really drunk.
Do you even OoT? MM? ALttP?
All TLoZ are good, but WW is not one of the most beloved games of the franchise.
>>
>>26883445
That was 20 fucking years ago on a broken game where not even accuracy was programmed right, you can't fucking compare it to a game with like 100x bigger budget and staff.
>>
>>26883431
>lack of interest.
There you go. You propably heard in many places that WW is not an epic game.
>>
>>26883431
BW and BW2 referenced Gen 1 a lot. But in a way that was more about looking ahead than getting obsessed over the past. Of course we'll complain about BW2 if it had a problem that we don't like. How is "I bet people would dislike when a game gets something they don't like" an argument?

>he doesn't try every Zelda

>>26883383
DP being worse doesn't stop XY from being bad
>>
>>26883487
Me personally DP<XY<Shit<RS<ORAS

I fucking love Platinum though
>>
>>26883461
Like I said, its hard to have definitive opinions in a fan base like this because almost every game could be someone's favourite with arguments that make sense. The games are really distinct but still comparable in quality. You are right about all the games you mentioned as well.

>>26883497
What is this list about? Are those the only ones you played? And does RS include Emerald?
>>
>>26883431
>If they make a game with Unova pandering
What the hell is Unova pandering? Making a game with an actual post-game and side content again?
>anti-nostalgic
This makes even less sense.
>>
>>26883481
No, I've seen people praise it endlessly and have heard more bad things about TP.

>>26883487
You just hinted that Kanto pandering is one of the major reasons for XY hate.

Nostalgiafags are toxic, but anti-nostalgiafags are even more toxic.

>>26883497
At least you like ORAS
>>
>>26883517
No Emerald is somewhere near the top
>>
>>26883517
>its hard to have definitive opinions in a fan base like this because almost every game could be someone's favourite with arguments that make sense
There.
Your arguments are just your opinions. Stop trying to push them into other people.
>>
>>26883529
>I've seen people praise it endlessly and have heard more bad things about TP
if this were true, you would not have a lack of interest on WW
>>
>>26883529
Gen 1 pandering is fine, but excessive Gen 1 pandering like in XY is a problem. It's not an hard concept to grasp
>>
>>26883570
It's subjective. Other people might enjoy it, such as myself.
>>
>>26883540
I haven't been arguing though? I just said a lot of people like WW.
>>
>>26883583
It's just so frustrating, when you're in a completely new region, only to be slowed down by a plot point that's already happened.
>>
>>26883585
k.
>>
>>26883353
This
>>
>>26882109
None of the points you listed were actual negatives. God forbid a generation focuses more on new things it can bring to the table instead of just dumping old mons we already have multiples of and calling it a day.
>>
>>26882109
It's all valid, OP. I'm on the same boat, having one system and with not a lot of options since WFC got bodied.

/vp/ is just anal for any nostalgia and too spoiled with everything
>>
>>26882109
>No freaking PIKACHU
ill give you the rest but i couldnt give 2 fucks bout this
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.