[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me a good, non-autistic reason as to why IVs should still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: cancer.png (73 KB, 1028x771) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
73 KB, 1028x771
Give me a good, non-autistic reason as to why IVs should still be a thing

protip: you can't
inb4 "lel git gud xD" reddit faggot mentality
>>
To keep you on smogon
>>
>>26879093
Hidden power

GG git rekt op
>>
To make each pokemon unique.

I would not mind a way to make getting good IVs even easier tough
>>
>>26879132
A postgame sidequest that rewards you with a perfect Ditto would solve every single problem.
>>
>>26879128
We could just get a tutor that allows us to change its type for a price, or create a new variable.

>>26879118
My sides
>>
>>26879093

To make pokemons unique as someone alredy said.
I don't my competitiveshit, so IMO could it be very boring that every pokemon has the same stats... thats made the game inmersive and diverse.
>>
>>26879093
So people who work harder get better Pokemon
And so people who are smarter inject better Pokemon
>>
>>26879093
Because it shouldn't matter if you're not autistic
>>
>>26879140
It's called friend safari
>>
>>26879193
I can see how this is a good point, actually. I agree with it, but I still think the cons outweigh the pros.

I honestly can't believe I'm recieving counterarguments much more maturely delivered from 4Chan compared to Reddit. When I made a thread there, whoever disagreed with me replied in the most autistic and pretentious way possible.
>>
give me one good reason humans have genetics
>>
>>26879093
To remind people that life isn't fair.

Although, they should drop the IV range from 1-31 to something like 1-15. Would make it easier to get 5-6IV Pokemon.
>>
>>26879363
Would you happen to have brain problems, anon?
>>
>>26879128
So you're saying they couldn't implement a new Hidden Power system, or are you just retarded?

>>26879193
>pokemons
>unique
Competitive play will force people to go for the best IVs regardless or whether or not it makes Pokemon "unique" (which is a stupid fucking reason because the only people who care about IVs existing or not existing in the first place are the same people who want to play competitively and usually don't want to have the hassle involved with breeding the Pokemon).
Also, seriously...
>pokemons
Just end it.

>>26879244
As opposed to, you know, Nintendo discouraging injection by just making the process simple and not laborious. I've put almost 3000 hours into three different Pokemon games over the years for competitive play and still ended up injecting a crap-ton into all three games afterwards because it was easier.

>>26879256
Have fun not winning competitions ever, then.

>>26879851
How does this make any sense? People are going to breed for perfect IVs regardless. Injection comes from this laborious process. Why not give people an incentive to get Pokemon legitimately instead of injecting?
>>
>>26879315

Welcome to 4chan then, I guess. When you find people who can actually debate, you'll notice they're not autistic faggots that follow a pack mentality like the retarded redshit faggots.

That being said, there are a lot of autistic kids around here lately - so many decided to make 4chan home ever since "The Fappening" and such things.
>>
Because getting rid of a major game mechanic is more autistic than questioning it, IV's work stop being a killjoy
>>
>>26880173
>injectfag
You have no say on the matter, you don't even respect the games you're discussing.
>>
>>26879315
>4Chan
>goes on reddit
Oh, this explains it, you're a newfag.
>>
>>26879093
Japanese like pointless grindy elements in their adventure games. I once read an interview with some Japanese dev that said grind is basically considered a quintessential part of their game design.

So if IVs were to be removed another dumb grindy element would probably take its place. I'd rather stick with the devil I know.
>>
>>26879093
To make individual Pokemon within a species unique.
Okay, now you give me a good, non-autistic reason as to why IVs shouldn't exist.

I'll wait.
>>
>>26880483
He can't.
IVs are fine, they just need to make it easier to get a 6IV Ditto like an anon above said.
>>
>>26879093
Why are you such an idiot? You jaundiced jumped up, vercordiously pusillanimous piffle. Your vilesome existence nauseates me beyond compare. It is politically correct when discussing your faults to use certain words to denote your humanness above your disability. But in your case, there is nothing human. You are just challenged, you are just different. Given a choice of stepping in something nasty on the sidewalk, or bidding you good morning, I would happily choose the former. Single-handedly, you have wrenched all meaning out of life. Congratulations. As I write this I try vainly to think of something, anything, which redeems in some small way your utterly pointless existence. The only thing that comes to mind is that you have taught me hate. Pure, unmitigated hate. I have had fantasies about attacking you with a machete, but I dare not. I once cut up a starfish, which was so neurologically simple that each piece grew into a clone of the original. Your coleopteron brain no doubt shares certain appalling similarities with such creatures. You, misguided as you are, might be asking yourself what you have done to deserve such a letter as this. Your misdeeds and villainous vampings can be described in just two words: you exist. And believe me, there is no reason on earth why you should. How do you justify to yourself waking up each morning and ruining yet another day? If everything in this world has some purpose, some grand plan behind its existence, then yours surely is to show everything else, whether it be a slops bucket in a fried chicken stand, or the gunk behind the fridge, how fortunate it is not to be you. I have tried, but clearly, I have failed. I must stand firm to the realisation that mere words cannot express my utmost and profound contempt and loathing for your person, your being and your existence. You are a blight against nature.
>>
>>26879132
This.

Masuda explicitly stated that IVs were put in place to make each Pokemon feel like a complete individual, so that trainers can play off their Pokemon's unique strengths and weaknesses.

He even says that choosing a single Pokemon amongst its species only due to its stats would be "soulless."

Source: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/pokemon-interview
>>
>>26879093
>"lel git gud xD" reddit faggot mentality
>implying he's not the faggot from reddit who can't handle something he don't understand and need to get it removed because it hurt his feelings
>>
>>26880173
I'm with you on this man. 100% not even samefag.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 543x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 543x507
>>26879093
It's there to teach kids the real life lesson that no matter how hard you try to be great at something there will always be someone better at it than you because they were born that way.
>>
>>26880499
Tell me how you really feel.
>>
>>26880173
This anon gets it

>>26880472
Hello Verlisify
>>
>>26880475
>current year
>Still not being part of Redchannit
Barbaric
>>
I think just a few things could make IVs significantly less bad.
1) A more specific IV judge, even if that means getting a vague descriptor of each stat as opposed to just the total and best one.
2) A minigame, probably postgame, that lets you dump a limited amount of points into them so that a poke with just good IVs can get perfect ones, but you'd still have to look just a bit for one with good enough IVs.
>>
>>26882364
>He even says that choosing a single Pokemon amongst its species only due to its stats would be "soulless."

>encourages it with competitive anyways

Why they can't add a way to influence it is beyond me
>>
File: 1465516685261.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1465516685261.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>26883695
>Why they can't add a way to influence it is beyond me

There really should be. Otherwise they're just flat out saying "This pokemon you caught, spent hours training, battling, playing with and liking isn't good enough, fuck you and drop it and go breed infant pokemon of the same species for days/weeks until you get a perfect one that's worth anything, then do the same for any other pokemon you like"

If they want to keep pushing this "growing closer with pokemon" thing then they need to stop making dumb decisions like removing pokemon following you (which by the way made made Team Plasma look like they did nothing wrong when they removed it) and not even giving you the option to put in the work to make any pokemon you caught as best as it can be.
>>
>>26880497
Dittos should be able to breed with Dittos
>>
>>26879128
Isn't Hidden Power PVs and not IVs?
>>
>>26884413
Also
>give legendaries perfect IVs in lieu of being able to breed them (just SR for natures or possibly add in some way to change them)
>guarantee every Pokemon caught has at least one random IV at 31 (IV reader guy will tell you which ones so no need for IV calculators)
>have bred Pokemon inherent 3 random IVs from each parent which can be influenced by EV boosting hold items like now, keep everstone-nature thing, etc.

Agreeable?
>>
>>>26825450

read the last two "large" posts of this thread

>/thread
>>
>>26879093
There are none.
>>
>>26884352
>Make the Pokemon you caught as best as it can be

Isn't that the entire purpose of EVs?
>>
>>26879851
Sooo...you mean like in Gen 1?
>>
>>26882439

Don't anon, it hurts too much.
>>
>>26879140
Totally.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.