[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know much about competitive. And "just use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_li45t9ZZ4l1qagb0go1_500.png (291 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li45t9ZZ4l1qagb0go1_500.png
291 KB, 500x524
I don't know much about competitive. And "just use whatever you want" aside-

How would I make, Poliwrath, Musharna and Muk work on the same team?
>>
>>26877982
Give them moves that do things, and then when you're opponent throws out his pokemon use the moves on the opposing pokemon.
>>
>>26877982
i mean i guess? depends on how you train them
and there are probably pokemon that do their jobs alot better.
>>
>>26877999
These are my favourite Pokemon though.
>>
>>26877982
Luckily for you, they're all NU.
Muk is a solid Physical attacker and Musharna can Calm Mind then attack or heal with Moonlight.
If Musha's endangered you can Baton Pass into a Scald+Ice Beam Poliwrath who can keep your momentum alive. The rest of the team should cover your weakness to Psychic and round everything up.
>>
>>26878020
I mean that sounds cool but people seem to be all like "that's retarded" and I don't really understand why.

Is there some core team build up that Im missing like

Tank Healer DPS (just for an example).

Im very new to Pokemon competitive.
>>
>>26878067
Well, there are roles. They depend on your Pokemon stats and Ability and many Pokemon can fill more than one role.
For example, a Pokemon with really high Speed and Special Attack is often considered a Special Sweeper, while a Pokemon with high Defenses and HP is a Wall.
Generally your team buildup is defined by how you want to play (hyper aggressive, stalling, etc) but most teams have a lead (a Pokemon that can set up weather, hazards, Substitute or other effects to give you an early edge) and a few solid attackers.

All 3 Pokemon in the OP have pretty low status overall (compared to the most used species) and thus can't compete with the major threats in the meta right now. However, Smogon divides Pokemon into Usage tiers, based on, well, how often they're used.

Really strong Pokemon like Talonflame or Landorus are considered OU (OverUsed), and less powerful Pokemon are still given a chance to compete against similar opponents on their own usage tiers (Underused, Rarely Used, etc).

Here is a list of Pokemon considered "Never Used" like Muk and Musharna:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/nu/
It should help you figure out a team on a fair playing field with other NU players.
Smogon also has a kinda vague intro to competitive, here
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

And if you're curious about where I got the sets for your team:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/muk/, /musharna/ and /poliwrath/

I recommend you keep your "serious" online plays to Showdown at first, since you absolutely have to carefully breed a team in the cartridge games and that will take some time before you can even get into the game and with Showdown you can get a headstart due to any Pokemon being readily available at any level and legal set.

Competitive Pokemon may seem threatening at first, specially if you're used to the predictive ease of single player), but once you understand what's going on, it's unmatched fun. See you in the halls of NU.
>>
>>26878188
ah okay thanks for that.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.