[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else a little disappointed that only cutscenes and battles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 441x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 441x225
Anybody else a little disappointed that only cutscenes and battles will be in 3d again?
>>
>inb4 mobile
>>
>>26877438
i never use 3d only idiots use it since it sucks.

> tilt your head or the game 1 milliradian the amount you'll naturally move from having a pulse in arm and your screen is garbled out of focus shit.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461753862817.jpg (10 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461753862817.jpg
10 KB, 480x264
>>26877438
>actually using 3d
>>
>>26877471
It's the whole gimmick of the system, why would I not use it? I've never had a problem with it.
>>
>>26877509

refer to >>26877463

cause that's exactly what happens, plus it's malfunctional. the 3d on my 3ds won't even turn off. I had to permanently turn it off so what's the point
>>
>>26877463
>>26877577
But for a game that prides itself on immersion, why not make an immersive 3d overworld? If people don't want the 3d they can turn it off, that's fine, but I personally like it and would like the option
>>
>>26877603
Probably because they realized 3d is a gimmick with this technology. Why would they mass produce the 2ds? They realized it doesn't work well enough and people don't care enough. I don't have a new 3ds yet which supposedly improved my original complaint so maybe it's much better.
>>
>>26877603
>But for a game that prides itself on immersion
Citation needed.
>>
>>26877603
>But for a game that prides itself on immersion, why not make an immersive 3d overworld?

I find myself less immersed in something if I have to hold it at unnatural angles to how I normally hold said thing, lest I look at it from the wrong angle and shatter the 3D effect it's trying to give me.
>>
>>26877750
They said during the treehouse that the games are called sun and moon because the sun brings life and the game feels more alive and immersive
>>
>>26877657
The new 3ds definitely improved the 3d effect from breaking. It will sometimes break for a second while the camera traces your face, but it's negligible and for the most part is very smooth.
>>
>>26877874
i've been seriously thinking of buying one soon, but i want a pokemon themed one. the 20th anniversary ones they released look the best but i have to get those from ebay. the pain of transferring to a new 3ds has also prevented my from doing this
>>
>>26877438
3D was never good in Pokemon to begin with though. It looks like complete dog shit in the battles, adding depth but nothing to the attacks themselves which could actually take advantage of the effects.
Best thing you got from 3DS in the Pokemon games was the odd text box popping off the screen and depth.
So many other games on the 3DS do it way better.
>>
>>26877921
Yeah the transfer was a pain in the ass.
>>
No.

I don't use the 3D in pokemon. Ever.

The only games I have found it useful to use the 3D in are games with 3D functionality. Mighty Switchforce, A Link Between Worlds, etc. Pokemon does not need 3D to help do anything.
>>
>>26877994
i have the pikachu themed 3ds that was hard af to get but literally never use it because of that transfer shit
>>
File: 1466735358148.jpg (49 KB, 351x371) Image search: [Google]
1466735358148.jpg
49 KB, 351x371
>>26877438
Sometimes I forget that the 3DS has 3D capability.
There must be something wrong with me, 3D effects give me a killer headache.
>>
>>26878037

There isn't, 3D is fucking trash. Same idiots who think VR is good.
>>
>>26877463
>>26877577
I see you don't have a new 3DS.
>>
>>26878037
That seems the be the majority of people. A lot of complaints about headaches and eye strain, but it's never given me any problems like that, and I've played ocarina 3d for hours at a time.
>>
>>26878003
I guess you're right it doesn't need it, but I like the effect. They made some places like caves full 3d in XY and ORAS, so I don't see why they just didn't make the whole game like that. I'm assuming it's just a strain on the hardware, but then again there are plenty of full 3d games on 3ds that do just fine.
>>
>>26878003
This
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.