[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good teams for beginners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (4 KB, 102x191) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4 KB, 102x191
I haven't played Pokemon since ORAS was released and I accidentally talked myself into a competitive battle. I would love some advice for a team. Maybe a basic layout? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>26876344
Smogon

It's not the best but it's fine for beginners
>>
>>26876344
Might I suggest the UU tier on Smogon. You can use your bros, and I think it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>26876344
Google 'OU ORAS team rmt smogon' and look through those.
>>
Going to Smogon will help indefinitely with your comp battling skills
>>
>>26876344
Well, firstly you'll need to know how to either gen or breed and EV train competitive Pokémon, and you'll need the ruleset. Are they going Smogon? Street? VGC (for whatever reason?)

If nothing else, you should look at some of the top Pokémon in OU from Smogon. Stuff like Talonflame, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Scizor... things like that.

Smogon.com has some good resources, though you'll have to fight through some steep jargon.

Also, a "Balance" team is typically the easiest to play - with it, you'll generally want, as a rule of thumb, two resists for every weakness on your team, and your team makeup should have at least one wall, two bulky attackers, one lead, one set up sweeper, and one wallbreaker. You can assign slightly different or multiple roles to individual Pokémom according to your team.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and remember to put items on your Pokémon, it's super important!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.