[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things Unova did right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: PVYQfNt.png (491 KB, 1846x500) Image search: [Google]
PVYQfNt.png
491 KB, 1846x500
I'll start.
>>
Story.
>>
PwT
>>
>>26870594
I think it would be easier to make a list of what it did wrong desu.

it'd be way shorter
>>
>>26870594
expansive regional dex reflecting real-life convergemt/divergent/parallel evolutions and different species taking similar niches in the ecosystem/gameplay
>>
>>26870594
Literally EVERYTHING!

Little to nothing wrong with Gen 5. Too perfect!
>>
>GameFreak choosing not to ruin it for the sake of pandering it to the casual audience
>>
I will be honest, it seems that 'new is always worse' in a lot of peoples eyes. I used to hate Gen 5 but now I can't get enough of it. Currently doing a Nuzlocke of White and it's challenging, entertaining and I'm having a good laugh with a lot of Pokemon i've never used. B2/W2 are also a hell of a lot more fun than loads of other Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1464909516583.png (310 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464909516583.png
310 KB, 500x1000
>mfw DS wi-fi discontinued so now we're pretty much forced to buy Generation mega if we want to use online at all
>>
Not using pokemon from previous generations until the end of the main story was a good thing to force players to get to know the new pokemon

Pêrfect viable movepools learned solely by leveling for each pokemon that could be caught. Finally you didn't had to suffer for carrying a fight type pokemon with no fighting type moves because it couldn't learn any by leveling (I'm looking at you, toxicroak)

Reworked world in black and white 2 to make it bigger and with new additions. Seeing how good was the story in black and white it was only natural that they wanted to expand on it on black and white 2, and they delivered, it is also the only time we see an evil team actually being dicks and going directly after the protagonist instead of risking a pokemon battle

Moving sprites in battle, giving a lot of charm to the pokemon. I don't think there is any sprite that looks bad.

While gen 6 has arguiably the best designs for generic characters and trainers, gen 5 has the best designs for main and important characters.

Rosa best pokegirl
>>
>>26870693
>Rosa
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Hilda >>>>>>>
>>
File: Yct2w.png (123 KB, 367x691) Image search: [Google]
Yct2w.png
123 KB, 367x691
>>26870697
hilda is great too

But fennel is the bane of my dick
>>
>Things Unova did right that were dropped in Gen 6
I'll start.
Interesting characters
>>
>>26870707
Good looking graphics
>>
>>26870707
Introducing a good amount of new pokemon
>>
>>26870707
Challenge mode
>>
Everything except the rivals.
>>
>>26870707
a challenging Elite four and champion
>>
>>26870594
all that detail to sound and music
>>
>>26870707
the focus on the story and evil team instead of just rehashing the "become a champion"
>>
File: PhotoFunia-d79b49c_o.png (2 MB, 1807x765) Image search: [Google]
PhotoFunia-d79b49c_o.png
2 MB, 1807x765
It was also a good generation for Ghosts if we're looking at types.
>>
>>26870716
HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>26870745
No generation has done that yet, anon
>>
>>26870707
Only new Pokemon until post-game, at least for BW, it made the game much more interesting
>>
>Story
>Postgame
>Quantity with mostly quality
>>
>>26871977
>Wanting only Kalos mon until the post-game
I love most of them but there are only 70+. The routes would be repetitive and we wouldn't even be able to experience megas.
>>
>>26870611
Kek, you got me
>>
>>26870707
Unique postgame facilities

ActI've rivals
>>
>>26870594
Locations:

Let's start with the gym design. They were pretty much all memorable, unique & actually enjoyable to play through - right the way from Cheren's outside arena to Elesa's catwalk to Marlon's chill asf water palace.

The towns & cities themselves felt alive, especially with the crowds of Castelia & the musicians (combined to perfection in that one back-alley bar which serves no instrumental purpose other than to give you a single Moomoo Milk way earlier than you'd ever need it, but is so atmospheric).

Victory Road being a giant Durant nest (complete with scouting Heatmor outside), & having Team Plasma's Castle under (& later, around/through) the Pokemon League were both fantastic.

Undella Town being this tourist resort which got busy during the summer months before going into hibernation.

Strange House.

The list goes on
>>
>>26870594
Seasons

Very underrated feature
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.