[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain why unown doesn't evolve into sigilyph and luvdisc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (276 KB, 805x503) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276 KB, 805x503
>>
>>26869326
The reason is: because they didn't want them to. That's it. No special theory, no interesting or compelling reasoning. Developer's choice.
>>
Explain why anyone should care?
>>
Why do you think Unown should evolve into Sigilyph?
>>
>>26869326
Luvdisc
>based off a disc fish
>source of heart scales
>symbolises love and companionship

Alomomola
>sun fish
>used for EV training HP stat
>a healing/nurse pokemon for ocean mons

Just because they are the same colour and typing, doesn't mean they must be related.

Should Taurus and Bouffalant be related?
>>
>>26869343
Sigilyph is based on letters. It is also psychic type and looks similar to unown
>>
>>26869343
>they're both Psychic types
>they are both connected to ancient civilisations
>sigilyph literally has a blue-eyed Unown I sticking out of its head

just ignore the fact that one is gendered while the other isn't...
>>
>>26869326
Because those aren't evolutions, they're expies. Just like 70% of Gen V pokemon.
>>
>>26869326
Imagine eviolite luvdisk
>>
>>26869326
>Why doesn't my dog evolve into a wolf: the tread
>>
>>26869326
they needed to wait for gen 7 to introduce the middle evo
>>
>>26869408
Remoraid
>based off of a remora
>helps to evolve mantyke
>literally my mom's pistol

Octillery
>octopus
>used for fishing
>a tank for ocean mon wars

Just because they don't have the same color and shape, doesn't mean they're not related.

So tell me again why Luvdisc and Alomomola shouldn't be related?
>>
File: 1460824298292.png (361 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460824298292.png
361 KB, 1000x1000
>>26869468
>>
>>26869536
>So tell me again why Luvdisc and Alomomola shouldn't be related?
Why should they?
>>
>>26869641
Because alomola has higher sp attack and attack and defense stats than luvdisc, and it looks like layered hearts rather than just a fucking heart with a face.
>>
>>26869641
They're both pink heart shaped fish.
>>
>>26869641
So Luvdisc can stop being the most pathetic Pokemon in existence.
>>
>>26869468

Seems like it'd still be pretty shit.
>>
I never bothered with Luvdisc or Alomomola, i always just assumed it was its evolution.
>>
>>26869326
>Unown
>having anything to do with Sigilyph
>>
While i don't think they should be evolutionary related, i think it would be interesting if there was some other link between them
maybe the ones that made sigilyph had peered into the world unown inhibits?
>>
>>26869326
> UNOWN HAS A EYE AND SIGYLIPH TOO. THEY ARE RELATED!!!!!
>>
Luvdisc is cute
Alomomola looks ugly as fuck

Luvdisc should've become Gorebyss if it would get any evo
>>
File: 250px-366Clamperl.png (70 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-366Clamperl.png
70 KB, 250x250
Can someone explain why this fucking pearl evolves into a fucking fish?
>>
>>26870278
I saw this explabation in another thread: It's not a clam with a pearl (despite the name,) it's a clam or coral with a fish egg.
>>
>>26869408
Tauros and Bouffalant are the same pokemon
>>
>>26870290

Oh, fuck off with this shit meme.
>>
>>26869326
I dont want Sigilyph to have anything to do with that shitty gimmick lettermon. If i do have a theory, it's that Sigilyph was the apology for wasting game data on a useless multiform monster that only knew one move
>>
File: fixed.jpg (49 KB, 434x503) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
49 KB, 434x503
>>26869326
>>
>>26870525
It's strange, I'm completely indifferent to this edit. I thought those eyes on its body were its real eyes after a while, so the change to the "crest" doesn't really do anything for me.
>>
File: 1466935412406.jpg (155 KB, 620x1134) Image search: [Google]
1466935412406.jpg
155 KB, 620x1134
>>26870286
>>
>>26870525
>>26870536
Is that a dildo
>>
>>26871038
Yes
>>
>>26871038
Can be if Your brave enough?
>>
>>26870286
>Literally has pearl in the Japanese and English name
>pokedex entries state that it makes a magnificent pearl
>found in the wild holding big pearls
>no description anywhere of it being an egg
>>
>>26870286
> explabation

It's like teaching whilst jacking off
>>
>>26869326
'coz V gen is fucked up, "new beginning" and shit
>>
>>26869411
>both based on letters
>one is based on nazca lines
>one is based on the alphabet / code
>>
>>26870278
>mfw

At least I see Gorebyss and Huntail preserving the color scheme of Clamperl and interaction between each other.
>>
>>26870278
I've always thought it was just another one of those wild evolutions like Magikarp and Feebas (and Remoraid?) where the small, weak, unremarkable thing turns into something spectacular/strong. Clamperl's evolutionary traits have many differences from the aforementioned ones, but the similarities are there.
>>26870286
Hmm. I guess I can see the pearl being partially inspired by an egg. After all it's not unusual for Pokemon to have more than one basis/source of inspiration.
>>
/vp/ would you like more the "ugly duckling" and "beauty transformation" theme from Feebas to Milotic or a mythical one of Clamerl evolving into Milotic because of:

"Venus embodies sex, love, beauty, enticement, seduction, and persuasive female charm among the community of immortal gods; in Latin orthography, her name is indistinguishable from the Latin noun venus ("sexual love" and "sexual desire"), from which it derives"

"In myth, Venus-Aphrodite was born of sea-foam. Roman theology presents Venus as the yielding, watery female principle, essential to the generation and balance of life. Her male counterparts in the Roman pantheon, Vulcan and Mars, are active and fiery. Venus absorbs and tempers the male essence, uniting the opposites of male and female in mutual affection. She is essentially assimilative and benign, and embraces several otherwise quite disparate functions. She can give military victory, sexual success, good fortune and prosperity. In one context, she is a goddess of prostitutes; in another, she turns the hearts of men and women from sexual vice to virtue."
(note Milotic is not exclusively female but it's pretty much the opposite of Gyarados that has affinities with Mars except for the common shitmon fish pre evolution, Pokemon counterpart to Vulcan / Hephaestus is clearly Heatran which isn't related to the two in Pokemon, also regarding the battles / wars, Moxie and Competitive are pretty obvious counterpart duo and Milotic learning Recover may be a reference to her healing attributes)
>>
>>26872957

"Venus' signs were for the most part the same as Aphrodite's. They include roses, which were offered in Venus' Porta Collina rites, and above all, myrtle, which was cultivated for its white, sweetly scented flowers, aromatic, evergreen leaves and its various medical-magical properties."
(ORAS Sootopolis has now a garden that looks like a shrine)

"Mars and Venus are also sometimes depicted with Cupid"
"There are art scenes depicting Venus disarming Mars"
(see Luvdisc and Milotic being able to learn Disarming Voice)

"Botticelli's Venus is born from the sea foam and is carried on a sea scallop, since classical antiquity, the sea shell has been a metaphor for a woman's vulva"
"Aphrodite of Milos, better known as the Venus de Milo, is an ancient Greek statue and one of the most famous works of ancient Greek sculpture. Created sometime between 130 and 100 BC, it is believed to depict Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty (Venus to the Romans). The statue is named after the Greek island of Milos, where it was discovered."
(Clamperl is found nearby Sootpolis, and Sootopolis gym leader has a Milotic as his ace, futhermore Sootopolis itself is explicitly inspired by the Mediterranean and classical culture, specifically Greek one and some sort of Atlantis reference too considering the Sealed Chamber is always around this area and the Sootopolis temple too)

"Wallace and Winona are pretty much an OTP, Winona might be aswell rappresenting Zephyr"

Really makes you think, huh?

If it still doesn't make you think, reflect on Shell Smash Milotic, hmmm...thinking about it yet?
>>
>>26869536

You gotta first tell me why they should
>>
>>26869326
because gf is fucking retarded
>>
>>26869536
>inb4 cannon meme
>>
>>26869326
>>26869536
Why doesn't my house Cat evolve into a Tiger?
Why isn't my Jay evolving into an Oriole?
Why isn't my Antelope evolving into a Moose?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.