[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a Pokemon you have never used, and why? And the reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: clefairy.png (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
clefairy.png
62 KB, 250x250
What's a Pokemon you have never used, and why? And the reason can't be "it sucks."

I've never used a Clefairy because in addition to typically being really rare, I've always preferred Jigglypuff as my Moon Stone needing pink blob, maybe because of Smash Bros.

I've also never used Seel or Dewgong because by the time you can catch them in any game, you probably already have a dedicated Water type that doesn't need replacing. That's the problem with a lot of unlucky Pokemon, they're always stuck at the end of the game when your "team" is basically solidified. It's mostly Ice and Fire types that get shafted like this, I've noticed.
>>
Playing through Red now using Clefairy for this reason. Getting sing then immediately evolving it, then teaching it the rebuyable Mega Punch TM right outside Mount Moon makes it pretty strong and easy to catch up. I kind of have a soft spot for it now.
>>
File: 2584.png (114 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2584.png
114 KB, 400x300
I think Mantine is a gorgeous Pokemon, and being a Sp. Def tank is probably pretty cool, but by the time you can find one, you already have a Pokemon with Surf.
You'd think with the introduction of Mantyke in Gen 4, it would be possible to have a Mantine in your team, but Mantyke are only available in the city right before the E4.
I remember running into one when I was young and the silhouette that slides onto screen before being illuminated scared the hell out of me, so I've never actually caught one either.

I've also never used Remoraid/Octillery and really want to. I might save a space for them on my next HGSS run. Hell, maybe in Sun version.
>>
Well I've technically used them all for completing the dex and what not but in terms of using it on my team during the story, there are many. Petilil is one that comes to mind. No good reason why i haven't used it yet. Unobtainable by normal means during story gameplay in gen 6. If i ever replay gen 5 in a few years I'll be sure to have petilil as my grass Pokemon.
>>
>>26869743
Surprised you didn't use Petilil unless you had Black. Those two are my first choice for Grass type if I pick Oshawott
>>
>>26869139
Clefairy is actually surprisingly good.
>>
>>26869139
I've always wanted to use Mienshao but Mienfoo evolves/arrives too late that I always decide against it.
>>
There are a ton of mons I haven't used yet because I used to be a dumbass who would only use the mons I knew I like in every playthrough. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started trying new mons each time I play through the games again. I have found some that have been fun to use now, like Magnemite and Magneton. Magnezone was a disappointment though. There are a lot of water types I'd like to try but during a normal fun of the game I try not to have more than one of each type on my team. I haven't gotten around to doing several mono water runs yet
>>
>>26869139
I've never used a Jynx in a playthrough because they are never available early enough to use.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.