[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey, Gardevoir seems like a great choice on my team! >Lets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1447377962582s.jpg (2 KB, 125x77) Image search: [Google]
1447377962582s.jpg
2 KB, 125x77
>Hey, Gardevoir seems like a great choice on my team!
>Lets check the GTS!
>Volcanion
>Meloetta
>Genesect
What the fuck is the GTS anymore
>>
>>26868543
>anymore
Was it not always like that?
>>
>not breeding and raising your own
Fucking casual
>>
Gardevoir can't be caught in the wild, so people aren't going to level one up just for the sake of trading it.
>>
>>26868572
I thought since D/P/PL it was pretty laid back with a few exceptions but now its full of people who want non legit pokemon (ergo, Volcanion).
>>
File: EucIfYY.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
EucIfYY.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>26868590
>breeding your own
>>
File: GrassPokemon01.jpg (95 KB, 873x611) Image search: [Google]
GrassPokemon01.jpg
95 KB, 873x611
>>26868590
Speaking of raising Pokemon, how do you guys usually go about completing your pokedex? I understand about the basic Pokemon you catch and level up, but what do you do about Pokemon that require trades?
>>
>>26868627
I personally just Wonder Trade and get a pokemon out of random.
>>
It's been that way since about DP. Nothing but people asking for level 100 mewtwos.
>>
>>26868627
I'm personally trading all of my Pokemon from FireRed up to X/Y to try to fill my national dex right now by starting from scratch. Whatever else I can't get I'll trade for.
>>
>>26868649
Right now I'm working on XY trying to get aromatisse, I have the pre-evolution "spritzee" in spades, but you have to trade it with an item for it to evolve. Every time I use GTS, I send off my spritzee holding the correct item, only to get a spritzee back not holding the correct item. Also, I don't have friends who play Pokemon, so that's off the table.
>>
>>26868627
Trade my friends, i am currently doing a living dex, shit's annoying.
>>
>>26868627
I completed my living dex not long ago, I just stuck every pokemon that needed to be traded in a box of their own and mass evolved them right at the end with my boyfriend
>>
>>26868682
You are supposed to put the 'mon with the evolution item and ask for the evolved 'mon.
>>
>>26868627
Usually by simply depositing a pokemon that requires to evolve and asking for what I want. Just be fair about it, like a machoke for a graveler.
The ones that need to hold a item however? That shit's downright annoying if you don't have friends.
You could try breeding an uncommon mon and just hope someone has an extra of what you're looking for.
>>
File: 1446595159436.jpg (60 KB, 356x376) Image search: [Google]
1446595159436.jpg
60 KB, 356x376
>>26868682
I have the items for both Swirlix and Spritzee sitting in my bag but none of the pokemon (both wonder traded) I'd happily trade with you if you need to evolve it into an Aromatisse.
>>
>>26868590
Need a specimen to begin breeding anon
>>
>>26868699
Really? That doesn't make much sense to me. Why would someone give me an aroumatisse in exchange for a spritzee that they have now way to know is holding the correct item?

I'll go try it right now, and see what happens.
>>
>>26868705
Just jumping in the thread... you have to trade Spritzee and Swirlix to evolve them? And with items?

Looked it up. Even less of a reason to use those two garbagemons.
>>
>>26868730
Yeah, I don't want to use them, I'm just working on the XY Pokedex.

>>26868705
Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to try what the other anon said. >>26868699
>>
>>26868730
I'm pretty sure they evolve like any other trade evolution with items involved.

You don't have to trade Swirlix for Spritzee to evolve them like you have to do with Karrablast and Shelmet.
>>
>>26868543
I still wonder why you can ask for mythicals,put up mythicals and search for mythicals but you CAN'T actually trade them even if the own pokemon is legit.
>>
>>26868965
Because someone at Gamefreak encourages this assholish behavior probably
>>
>>26868965

Probably so little Timmy can't accidentally trade his event mons away.
>>
File: 1460826354754.jpg (12 KB, 252x315) Image search: [Google]
1460826354754.jpg
12 KB, 252x315
Mfw my gardevoir hit level 100 yesterday
>>
>>26868543
The GTS is miles better in Gen 6 than in Gen 4 or 5. It's still not good but it's useable now.

In Gen 4 and 5 you could only see seven choices at a time, sometimes as few as three even if there are more than three, and if all of those ask for shit like Mew you're fucked, even if there's a reasonable trade buried beneath all the shit. You could try to cheese it by selecting specific levels and countries to load new trades, but it was agony.

Gen 6 lets you look through hundreds of trades, so you can actually dig through all the shit for something reasonable if it exists.
>>
>>26868543
>searching for a Gardevoir on GTS
>when Ralts can be caught on all Gen VI games
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.