[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PROOF Yungoos is version exclusive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: YungoosVersionExclusive.jpg (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
YungoosVersionExclusive.jpg
137 KB, 600x600
I think I have definite proof that Yungoos is version exclusive to either Sun or Moon, and that there will be a different rodent in the other version, presumably the one that Yungoos is supposed to hunt.

With today's info, we know that Yungoos evolves once and Grubbin twice. We also know that you can catch Pichu and Caterpie in the first route.

Now, hear me out.
Pikipek is number 10 in the Pokedex and evolves twice, so that has us covered up to number 12 on the dex.
Ledyba is number 20. That means there are 7 spaces in between the two.

How do you cover up these spaces with the pokemon that are on the fist route?
You can't.
Because either combination of Grubbin (3), Yungoos (2), Pichu (3) and Caterpie (3) takes more space than that.

My guess is that these 7 spaces are a 3-stage pokemon (Grubbin, for instance) and two 2-stage pokemon (The only options being Yungoos and another one we don't know about yet).

It could be another oldmon that we haven't seen that it appears. Maybe Spinarak as opposed to Ledyba, or, as I predict, another new two stage rodent Pokemon that is version exclusive with Yungoos (hence why it didn't appear on the trailer or the demo). We all know that Yungoos' dex entry implies the existence of another new pokemon.

What do you ngas think?
There is definitely a gap there for a two staged pokemon, who do you think will fill it?
>>
>>26862731
if its version exclusive or not it doesn't change Local pokedex numbers
just inhabitants
>>
>>26862731
Sauce on Pichu and Caterpie appearing in the wild is Joe Merrick's Twitter btw
>>
>>26862752
I know. I just mean there is a Two stages pokemon in the dex after Yungoos (since he has to be on one of the seven gaps between Pikipek and Ledyba)

The only two options are: old mon we somehow havent seen (like maybe Spinarak)
Or new pokemon that they knew it wouldn't appear because it is version exclusive (if it had a chance of appearing it would have been on the trailer)

Since it is a two stages mon it can only be paired with either Yungoos or Ledyba
>>
Rattata and Raticate?
>>
>>26862798
Or it's just Ratatta and Raticate. And that's the rodent that Yungoos was brought to hunt, since Mongoose were brought to Hawaii to hunt rats.
>>
>>26862924
>>26862914
Isnt it weird we didnt see them then?
And why did they hide the name of the Pokemon then?

I am still on either new pokemon paired with Yungoos or Spinarak to go with Ledyba

I just hope i more or less explained myself efficiently
>>
>>26862731
Bumping for legit discovery. I should pitch this to verlisify
>>
>>26862924
The rodents and mongoose had differing sleep cycles. Maybe time-exclusive Pokemon are making a return and you can capture the rodent when Yungoos isn't active?
>>
>>26862914
>>26862924
Yeah this is doubtful since they went out of their way to hide its name.
Whatever Yungoos hunts is more than likely a new Pokémon.
>>
>>26864570
Very good point. The night cycle is back so this could be it.

I dont get how the japs got to see the evolution lines but didnt get the dex numbers
>>
File: 1466870699913.jpg (155 KB, 575x614) Image search: [Google]
1466870699913.jpg
155 KB, 575x614
>>26862731
Post yungoos
>>
>>26864625
The night cycle has never been dropped except for third gen games senpai.
>>
>>26864648
But it looks like a proper one now.

And, other than Aurorus and Tyrantrum were there any other Kalosmon affected by it? What about Unova, i dont remember it
>>
File: Night Aspertia.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Night Aspertia.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>26864672
>What about Unova, i dont remember it
It had no function besides Espeon, Gliscor and the likes but it was there. Guess time exclusive mons wasn't kid-friendly enough.
>>
>>26864710
A pity. That was pretty rad in Gold Silver, it made fucking Hoothoot exciting, and backtracking more rewarding
>>
Here's why I don't think so:
Its pokedex entry states he was brought over to exterminate rats. Etc etc. So knowing this they wouldn't make it version exclusive
>>
>>26864944
Yeah, you have a point. It would be like two different timelines instead of versions then
>>
>>26864944
Maybe different versions present different parallel universes where in one the rat was exterminated while in the other it wasn't. BW kinda did that and it was pretty rad.
>>
>>26864944
What is your theory as the two empty space then?
>>
>>26865021
>theory
There's a limited set of answers I can give and all are equally likely to be correct

>>26864979
I doubt they'd go that far. Especially since pokemon have to be marketed.
>>
>>26865032
Well, there seems to be an space theme to the generation
>>
>>26865076
Learn American please. This is a Christian imageboard for Americans such as myself
>>
>>26865085
There is an discrepancy then
>>
>>26865127
>an
No
>>
>>26865137
Anon why did you gave me an no?
>>
>>26862731
>With today's info
Care to explain? I must have missed something
>>
>>26865137
lol an hero yourself senpai
>>
>>26862731
>today's info

serebii didn't update us with any new info today
>>
>>26865148
>>26865180
Sorry I sourced it late.

It is on Joe Merrick's Twitter (Serebii guy)

And we got that Yungoos evolves once, Grubbin twice and that Caterpie and Pichu appear in the wild on route one.

We got this from Masuda playing the E3 demo at an event in Japan
>>
>>26862731
Pokedex placement doesn't mean anything, the Pokemon that steals the shell of another Pokemon is 26 spaces behind it.
>>
>>26862731
it's just going to be some random pokemon that probably didn't appear because the demos aren't that long. quite likely for something with a 10% encounter rate to just not show up in that time.
>>
>>26865235
There is still a pokemon missing from route one that we havent seen
>>
>>26865250
In that case it can't be new, since it would have been in the trailer

>>26865235
It does for version exclusives doesn't it?
At least in the newer generations
>>
It is probably just going to be Spinarak, although in the regional dex it is after Ledyba
>>
>>26862731
I don't think it'll be a version exclusive thing. It'll be the Pokémon Yungoos was supposed to eliminate and it'll have a like 5% encounter chance.
>>
>>26866517
If it had a chance of appearing, no matter how slim. They would have put it in the trailer.
Then again, as it was a demo, maybe they had it be imposible to encounter
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.