[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not just the "hardest" which game has the overall best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: Nuz.png (59 KB, 303x247) Image search: [Google]
Nuz.png
59 KB, 303x247
not just the "hardest" which game has the overall best nuzlocke experience?
>>
B2W2 Challenge Mode
>>
>>26859267
I didn't finish X the first time I played it, but back through the second time I did a Wonderlocke, and it made the experience a whole lot better.
>>
how is x and y for a nuzlocke?

i remember steam rolling it back at launch and im wondering if doing a nuzlocke would make a replay worth it?
>>
>>26859497
X and Y's problems in nuzlockes is that the bosses, most of them are way too easy, it's just a few random trainers who just destroy you because their over leveled or have too good of moves.

It's not like your prepared for a random level 13 Kadabra
>>
I dont see why it wouldn't be GSC or their remakes considering it has the most content and routes.
>>
Gen 3 is actually reasonable for nuzlocke. It has less bullshit than gen 1 and 2 but is simpler than later gens. Arguably hoenn is better than Kanto its somewhat more challenging and longer.
>>
>>26859525
It's the level curve... I never really noticed it until I got to Clair. I grinder 5 levels to be level 36 on level 25 gravelers.....

The again for 5 more levels for the elite 4 to level 43, oh dear god training up a new Pokemon in Kanto
>>
Colosseum.
>>
>>26859514
>It's not like your prepared for a random level 13 Kadabra

Oh god that fucker. I think that's the only time a random trainer ever beat me.
>>
>>26859541
What this fag said
>>
>>26859587
Don't forget the level 18(?) axew with dragon rage

Every time I play X and Y I want something to click, like how I finally started to like Unova a bit more every time I played it. I only start hating it more and more
>>
I think Unova, honestly. Both BW and B2W2, thinking about it I actually want to play it again.
>>
>>26859497
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT GUY KICKED MY ASS TWICE TODAY. To be fair, I boxed the two starters they gave me
>>
>>26859514
this
im currently doing a xy nuzlocke without the exp share and ive learned some things

exp share IS a dealbreaker on difficulty, i literally had to train to fight korrina because my team was at lvl 20s

gym leaders are still a challenge but the random bullshit is worse, i lost half of my team to a fucking trainer with a sigilyph and then lost 2 of my bros AGAINST FUCKING WILD WOBBUFFETS ON THAT MIRROR CAVE IM SO FUCKING MAD

about to face ramos
team is

lvl 25 tentacool
lvl 29 fletchinder with shit attack ivs and calm nature
lvl 29 krookorok
lvl 29 jolteon with no STAB and shit moves like bite pin missile strenght and baby doll eyes
lvl 31 furfrow that is my fucking lifesaver and has saved my ass many times
lvl 31 drifblim that swept korrina
>>
>>26859679
>krookorok
>Furfrow
>>
>>26859693
i dont understand
>>
>>26859679
I fought her Lucarios in the rain once. My flying/fire type was destroyed

I had a Kangaskan, Tyrunt, a fucking dunsparce, and an eevee who was going to become an Slyveon

Fuck power up punch. I only had a warturtle survive and a flying press crit killed it in Korrina's fight...

X and Y are total garbage and my nuzlocke of it really let me see it
>>
File: 1462083213258.jpg (7 KB, 150x153) Image search: [Google]
1462083213258.jpg
7 KB, 150x153
>ITT: literal 10 year olds who can't win without fucking Gen VI EXP share
YOU JUST HAVE TO PRESS A. PRESS A AND YOU WIN.
>>
>>26859723
>nuzlocke
>>
>>26859698
He's probably talking about the fact that they are Krokorok and Furfrou.
>>
I'd argue gen 5, either entry.
>extremely varied Regional Dexes enable each run to be very unique
>scaling EXP helps catch up low-level replacement teammates
>reusable TMs make bringing up replacement teammates even less painful
>>
X Y is pleasant because of the variety
>>
>>26859267
Platinum, or B2W2
>>
>>26859541
Except for Glacia landing Sheer Cold every single fucking time.
>>
>>26859267
Platinum is a great experience.
Gen 5 itself is always a fantastic experience in both renditions of BW and B2W2 with the massive regional dex.

You want a real fun experience though? Stop going on /vp/ until the games release.

Do not go on Serebii until the games release.

When the games come out, you only know what you know now. You have no idea about the new pokemon or the new megas or the regional dex.

You're going to do a blind nuzlocke of Sun or Moon. You're going to go into it like you were a kid again. You're going to have to plan and figure things out on your own.

I did that for White when it came out and it made my experience so much better for that game.
>>
>>26862481
But anon, I live here
>>
Colosseum
>>
>>26862505
Yeah I know, I do too. Hell, /vp/ has been my homeboard since I turned 18 and discovered that /vp/ was a new board itself.

I'm not going to pay attention to the new info on the 1st and I'm going into this game knowing as little as I did. And you're going to know things even if you try to avoid new info. During my blind run, I had heard horror stories of Ghetsis and Alder's Volcarona, but had no idea what it was on about. It makes the experience so much better. We can do this.
>>
>>26859679
Korrina is pretty hard without exp share, her Hawlucha was fucking wrecking me
>>
>>26859267
Anything that isn't BW.
I know that the (somewhat) whole point of a nuzlocke is to gain appreciation for and use pokemon that you would normally never use, but all of the region specific pokemon are irredeemably boring.

I would reset my BW2 instead if I weren't so concerned about losing all of my items. I've got no other copies, and on top of that I have no way to turn on hard mode without cheating.

Do you guys emulate your runs or what?
>>
>>26862543
Thanks anon!

Also don't worry I have a life outside of 4chin, it's just my most frequent board too
>>
>>26862565
I really liked Whimsicott, Excadrill, Haxorus, and Mienshao but by the time you get the later two you're already half way or done the game
>>
>>26862565
For nuzlockes, emulate all the way man. No$zoomer in your PC, or even DraStic in your phone, and any GB/GBA emulator ever too.
>>
>>26862565
Early Unova is shit, but by the time you get to LostLorn Forest you can get some pretty good mons
>>
>>26859497
I steamrolled it, but it was a wonderlocke so I may have just gotten good mons.
>>
>>26862597
Oh definitely, there are some silver linings in the BW lineup but you get them far too late, especially in my case where I usually have my teams built by lv. ~20-30.
This even applies to any standard, non-nuzlocke run of the game. BW2 did a good job of spreading the dex love, though.
>>
>>26862543
You went into gen 5 blind but knew about the Ghetsis twist? That defeats the whole point
>>
>>26859578
How would that even work?
>>
>>26859679
>>26859703
>>26862557

>People still think XY is too easy
>>
>>26862991
Is it shitposting time already?
>j-just turn EXP share off!
>>
Now that we're talking about how hard a nuzlocke can be, just out of curiosity; do you guys use shift or set?
>>
>>26863022
Tl;dr butt hurt faggot
>>
>>26862644
I had no idea about the Ghetsis twist. I just heard that at some point you fought Ghetsis and that his theme had DEEEEEEEEENIS.

>>26863034
I've done some with both.
>>
>>26863016
It's true though. If you want the game to be harder then turn it off. Whether or not it's there to begin with is one thing, but if you want to enjoy the game more then you are free to turn it off.
This is especially true for ORAS.
>>
>>26863090
Still doesn't change the fact that they game is painfully easy, exp all or not.
>>
Drays hacks should not be attempted unless you have already beaten a Platnium and B2W2 Challenge mode Nuzlocke.
>>
>>26863122
Just like every pokemon game
>>
>>26863169
I don't know what you're trying to get at anon, but it's only gotten worse with each generation.

I know it's a game for kids, but even my kid sister thinks they're too easy. Who exactly are they catering to?
>>
Pokemon Black or White (the original) are really nice. The overall feeling of travel, and the good variety of Pokemon helps, and it's easy to train, but not easy to beat. Of course, BW2 are great, but many Pokemon are hard to get, like Tympole, Munna, Blitzle, or the elemental monkeys (not like they're that important).
>>
>>26859267
Platinum since the Elite 4 and Champion can be challenging.
I tried Black 2 and got bored halfway since it's too easy.
>>
>>26863016
It is too easy, the bosses are a joke. It's game freaks incompetence while making the game to make certain trainers way to over powered

Those Lucarios had 1 attacking move, power up punch and I had nothing against them
>>
>>26863342
Wrong post >>26862991
>>
>>26862631
and double EXP
>>
File: image.png (356 KB, 1001x473) Image search: [Google]
image.png
356 KB, 1001x473
>>26863197
Anon the hardest games were Plat/BW2

How the hell did we change so much between BW2 and XY
>>
>>26863342
I do appreciate one bit of bullshit: the sky trainers.
If you choose to make Talonflame your designated flying mon, which must be a common choice, almost all of the sky trainers are designed to completely fuck you with rock slide/stone edge.
>>
>>26863683
Oh those things are lovely in nuzlockes

The more I play XY, the more I hate it
>>
>>26863369
Are you an idiot?

That team of Diantha's is from a special battle place in Kalos, not the Kalos Pokemon League.

You can't even compare those teams because the one of the left isn't used for Champion battles; Diantha has six Pokemon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diantha#Pok.C3.A9mon_League
>>
>>26863823
Oh, this is the highest leveled battle in Kalos, that's all I'm doing
>>
>>26863369
Are you trying to make this a shitty meme? Are you the canon pokédex autist?
>>
>>26863873
What part of this is a meme? I am merely showing the highest leveled trainer of X and Y and Black and White 2
>>
Just include aritificial bullshit: monotypes, damaging moves limit, cap level per area.
The base game is easy peasy, so you just got to make it difficult
>>
B&W has the most challenge, I feel. Lenore can totally wall you with Work Up, and some of the trainers on Route 4 are ridiculous, with Roost, Detect, berries, etc.
>>
>>26863369
>>26863823
>>26863835

Not only that, but those mons are from the BW2 CHALLENGE mode, Her mons were 76 and Hax was 78 in regular mode.

Fuck off anon.
>>
>>26863932
Fine. The doesn't change the fact that THE HIGHEST LEVELED TRAINER IN X AND Y IS JUST LEVEL UP SETS WITH CAPTIVATE
>>
File: 1465154515520.jpg (174 KB, 497x544) Image search: [Google]
1465154515520.jpg
174 KB, 497x544
I like X/Y because its the most up to date, and because there is a ton of variety for catches.

Although, I would say Soul Silver/ Heart Gold were one of my favorite runs I have ever done.

I wish I could go back and nuzlocke SS and White 2, but something about them adding types and evolutions prevents me from going back.
>>
>>26859541
>Wingull literally everywhere
>along with poochyena and zigzagoon

If you don't play with dupe clause you're screwed
>>
HGSS by far because of the varied amount of Pokemon distribution. You can nuzlocke this multiple times and it'll still feel fresh. Plus your bros follow you
>>
>>26866677
Dups clause was probably the best thing added to nuzlockes
>>
>>26866808
Agreed. Although apparently >>26866677 didn't give a single shit about dupes clause.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.