[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List the problems with the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 980x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 980x436
List the problems with the game
>>
They went out of their way to make a canon reason as to why Rayquaza can mega evolve without holding a mega stone, which is because it ate meteors, but the catch is that it has to know a specific move instead.
>>
not enough delta
>>
>people like the delta episode
>>
>>26857837
Too easy.
Characters are too bland.
Rival has zero role.
Neither Gym Leaders not Rival can be rematched.
No Battle Frontier.
Literally nothing from Emerald aside from a verbal cameo and a mini-Battle Tower figurine.
>>
>>26857837
All they did was take RS and add more annoying story shit that you have to be stopped for in-game.
Not worth buying when you could just play RS.
>>
>>26857837
Still grid based, makes the entire 3D game look like lego blocks.
"European" trees in a tropical setting, clashes heavily with pre-established lore.
/vp/ whining about lack of battle frontier
No customization
Catch rate for primals is TOO FUCKING SMALL
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
>>
>>26857856
>tfw this explains why most colossal Legendaries don't eat as often

Because their metabolism is shit.
>>
I should also mention that no Battle Frontier in 3D and no online contests are missed opportunities that will never not make me depressed.
Soaring is fine for a while until you get sick of that same animation time and time again.
DexNav is good though.
>>
>>26857893
>Looker quests
>Boring

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>26857928
They were.
It was a failed attempt at giving Lumiose City some life and the only good it brought was a cute brown girl.
>>
File: srsly.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>26857891
weren't people complaining in X and Y that the catch rate for Xerneas and Yveltal to high? I thought you people wanted a challenge??
>>
>>26857940
I think it was well done, you were probably to upset over how most of the game was a let down in regards to difficulty to appreciate Looker and his quests.
>>
>>26857891
>/vp/ whining about lack of battle frontier.
It wasn't just /vp/, even my normie nostalgiafag friends complained about this.
NOBODY likes the battle maison.
>>
>>26857942
Unovabortions, meng.
>>
>>26857964
No? It just wasn't anything good or special. Just more half-assed attempts at story and making you run around the most annoying city in the series.
>>
>>26857977
Question marks after an answer don't make it an answer, son.
>>
>>26857837
>Secret base allows you to make your own gym but limits you to 3 pokemon while challengers can use all 6.
>Muh battle frontier
>Rival holds your hand and constantly heals you during the story instead of battling
>Gyms and elite 4 were piss easy. I intentionally kept myself under-leveled by swapping pokemon after every gym and still swept the entire game.
>No wifi contests
>Mightyena and Carvanha/Numel: the game
>Better warp you across the region during the story because we know how dumb kids are these days.
What did oras do right?
>>
Am I the only that doesn't have a problem with most of these changes?

The abscence of a Battle Fronyier does suck though.
>>
>>26857893

TL;DR:

>MUH EMERALD FEATURES
>>
>>26857837
>it's based on RS but not E, so no Battle Frontier
>No friend safari, character customization, or whatever was in XY
i hate remakes, i want sequels.
>>
>>26861085
Despite HGSS being a remake of GS it had a lot of Crystal features and plot elements mixed in, and on top that they added the GOAT feature of pokemon following you around. A lot of effort for a remake, i'd say.
I wonder why GF didn't go through with the same amount of effort for the RS remakes. I guess they just knew that 99% of Porkyman fans would defend them gutting a game for the sake of it being a "faithful remake".

What did ORAS even bring to the table?
>>
>>26857837
it exists
>>
>>26861171
dexnav and soaring, which are okay features but dont make up for the flaws
>>
>>26857837
It absolutely raped Steven's character
>>
>>26861171
>What did ORAS even bring to the table?

Delta Episode (which was more post-game content than XY had)
Soaring (which included capturing over a dozen legendaries as opposed to XY having three)
Dexnav
The ability to Fly to individual routes instead of just cities and towns
More dialogue for important characters to flesh them out more and also add more to the story (HGSS actually DIDN'T do this, I'm pretty sure all the dialogue in HGSS was exactly the same as GSC)

there's other little stuff but those are the big ones.
>>
Look guys I love HGSS but let's not pretend they were significantly better remakes than ORAS.

>didn't fix the atrocious level curve
>didn't fix the poor distribution of Johto mons
>Battle Frontier was literally a copypaste from Platinum the same way the Maison ORAS is a copypaste from XY
>the only major Crystal feature was the Suicune subplot which took up a very small portion of the game, hmm sounds kind of like ORAS Delta Episode...
>>
>>26861224
(you)
>>
>>26861224
So it's a more faithful remake, then?

ORAS couldn't even import the only saving grace of XY that was character customization. What the fuck did it do right?
>>
>>26861224
>Battle Frontier was literally a copypaste from Platinum the same way the Maison ORAS is a copypaste from XY
Better than the Maison which is a literal copy of the Battle Subway which is heavily inspired by the Battle Tower Platinum's BF and DP's lone Tower, which in hand were just copies of RS and Emerald's Battle Towers, which was an improved version of the Crystal Battle Tower.
>>
>>26861085
>reading comprehension
The only "Muh emerald features" on there is the "No Battle Frontier"
>>
>>26861246
And Crystal's Tower was basically Stadium's Stadium Mode.
>>
>>26857893
>try to make a list of issues like the one for Gen 1
>use opinions instead of actual problems
L M A O
>>
>Took RSE
>Smeared shit (XY) all over it
>>
>>26861237

Nice argument.

>>26861241

Well the thing is, people criticize ORAS for being "too faithful" to RS and not having muh precious Emerald features, but then go and suck off HGSS which did practically the same thing, but cite some very minor features as examples of them "having Crystal features".

>>26861246

You're missing the point. In terms of post-game content that WASN'T in the originals, the gen 2 and gen 3 remakes did the SAME EXACT THING. They took what the previous games in the current gen did and copied it, they didn't do anything new.
>>
>>26861310
HGSS had a unique take on the Safari Zone(that admittedly could've been better executed), and the Pokéathlon.
There's two new things, the latter being a pretty substantial feature.
>>
>>26861310
(you)
>>
>>26857893
Only valid point this makes is the granite cave bullshittery
>and no mega flygon
>>
>>26861343
>have a new NPC that uses a Flygon
>make him be the one that gives you Garchompite while lamenting that it won't do shit for his Flygon
I'm still kekking to this day.
>>
>>26861200
>The ability to Fly to individual routes instead of just cities and towns

This, anon, is the single greatest thing they added in ORAS besides soaring eliminating the need to waste a move slot on fly (especially handy for nuzlock runs)
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x240
>>26857837
>list problems
>>
>>26861241
>ORAS couldn't even import the only saving grace of XY that was character customization.

Pretty sure this was, in part, because they didnt want to make a dozen different Norman textures and sprites. Why didnt they atleast let you change hats and what not? Who fucking knows.
>>
>>26861361
>box it
>never use it
>????
>PROFIT
It's just an Easy Mode for kiddies, just like Lucario.
>>
>>26861367
>Playing X
>Oh look a Riolu
>I'm going to catch and friendship walk the shit out of this bitch and get a Lucario
>Korrina
>Here's your free Lucario and Lucariote
>Check OT
>You are the OT
Boxed both the Lucario and the Riolu. I didn't even want it anymore, the whole transaction was filthy.
>>
>>26857837
>No Battle Frontier
>But a reference to it to remind you that it's missing
>No Mega Flygon
>NPC literally complains that he can't Mega Evolve his Flygon
>No Berry Blending
>But they left in the fucking machine just to remind us of what was missing
>No X/Y compatibility patching
>No Character Customization
>Can't use 3D except in battle
>Framerate's still shitty, too
>Contests dumbed down, somehow, even further
>No WiFi Contests
>Fucked up the layout of Granite Cave
>Changed the layout of a lot of areas in general
>What became of Mauville City
>And Sky Pillar
>Mirage Tower is just gone entirely
>Neutered the Trick House
>Many places to explore were swapped for cutscenes as well
>The new method for gathering Ash on route 113 is irritating
>It's too easy to start Sneaking when you're just trying to walk
>Surf speed super slow unless you use Sharpedo for literally no good reason
>Legendaries waiting in rooms: the game
>Just hands you a Lati@s
>Rivals are clingy and boring to battle
>No Friend Safari and even the Safari proper was just underwhelming
>Team Magma/Aqua basically all have the same three Pokemon or their evolutions
>No Magma Hideout in Jagged Path
>No Battle Tents
>Game is piss-easy even with Exp All off
>No Gym Leader rematches
>"Here's a new feature, Mega Evolution! Pokemon have to hold a specific item to evolve, trading utility for raw power! Except Rayquaza."
>Next to no one in the game uses Mega Evolutions in battle
>Muh 200 Potions if you're a USfag
>Unskippable Soaring Cutscene
>Delta Episode does not a postgame make
>Online Battles are just Fug: the experience

I think the only thing I honestly liked were the return of Secret Bases. I consider ORAS the worst games in the franchise desu. It was a struggle to even finish them because of how much of a letdown they were. I legitimately do not understand the people who defend these games, because they killed my enthusiasm for the entire franchise for a good year.
>>
>>26861367

or even better, trade it on the GTS. people will trade literally anything for a legendary. I got a Kingdra by trading my Latias last time, within like a couple hours.
>>
>>26861398
>I legitimately do not understand the people who defend these games

because despite EVERY flaw you listed, it is still fun to relive Hoenn in 3D. most of the flaws people point out are things the game DIDN'T have that people want as opposed to things the game DOES have that people didn't want. and for me, the game had most of what I wanted. you get to adventure through Hoenn with all the original characters and pokemon and locations, sans some of the Emerald shit obviously.

people who say ORAS are terrible games really haven't played video games that actually are terrible. they are overly critical/nitpicky to the point where it is borderline autistic. I can understand if you already didn't like gen 3, but for people who love gen 3, ORAS are a hell of a nostalgia trip. yes, Emerald is still better, but at least ORAS has improved graphics and soundtrack, which add more replay value to the games.
>>
Playing through it for a second time atm (nuzlocke with no healing during battle/poke balls only/set style) and it just feels dead to me. The graphics are neat but the game is casualized to the point where it loses the charm of the original games and lacks any cool features that would make for an exciting experience in a remade Hoenn region
>>
File: 1457927975974.png (746 KB, 1006x724) Image search: [Google]
1457927975974.png
746 KB, 1006x724
>>26861364
Is it too much to ask for the ability to take my hat off in XY/ORAS?

I don't want to wear a felt fedora.
>>
>>26857875
>Too easy.
Yeah dude red, gold, emerald, platinum and black/black 2 were so much harder! !!!
>>
>>26861171
>it had a lot of Crystal features and plot elements mixed in,
So nothing?
>>
>>26861398
Half of these are outright false or shared by other games.
>>
>>26861661
An effort was made.
More than ORAS, at least.
>>
>>26861661
? What didn't it have from Crystal beside the odd egg?
>>
>>26857893
>game is just like other games
>game is different to other games
>game doesn't have one-off things from other games
>things that are flat out lies
Jesus fuck, someone actually took time to write that
>>
>>26861681
Phanpy and Teddiursa before the first gym.
>>
>>26857837
The fanbase.
>>
>>26861511
Unfortunately, I am a certified Hoennbaby. I've been hyped for Gen 3 remakes since before they were even announced as a possibility -- and when they were finally announced, I was Conductor Autist of the Hype Express. I've also suffered through some really, really shitty games in my time, I know trash when I play it -- but I'm not saying that the game is the worst ever, that it's irredeemable garbage that isn't worth the materials in the cart.

I'm saying that for me, it's a complete botch of my favorite region. It didn't just leave out muh Emerald shit, it even left out features present in the original RS. It changed character personalities, it changed location layouts (sometimes drastically,) it changed plot details -- people say "well it wanted to be a faithful remake of RS, not Emerald," but it's not even that. It's not an adventure through the same place with all my old Pokemon friends and characters. It's a shallow and empty region devoid of the charm of the original games, but wrapped up in a pretty new wrapper.

Is it completely unenjoyable? No -- it's boring as shit because the games are now so easy that even Nuzlocking them doesn't make them challenging (and it's not just that I've gotten better, because even though Pokemon has never been that difficult, the older games at least represent some minor challenge compared to now, which is so boring that I legitimately struggle to stay AWAKE playing it) -- it looks nice, Amie's still neat, the music is mostly alright. It's not a complete wash.

But it's not good, as a Pokemon game or a remake of one. It was just disappointing on all fronts except visually, but even then the framerate's still fucked.

>>26861622
This anon gets it.
>>
>>26861691
And....?
>>
>>26861712
You asked a question and I answered it.
>>
>>26861681
It's not "what it didn't had from Crystal", it's "what did Crystal add?"

Having a radio channel that gives you points is in no way comparable to flat out new areas that Emerald added.

C was GS with a new coat of paint, Emerald was almost a different game.
>>
>>26861695
I agree with you on not likening ORAS, but what did it leave out?
>>
>>26861695
What plot details has it changed? Apart from the primal evolution point for Kyogre/Groudon
>>
>>26861622
I fail to see how it's casualized outside Exp.Share and the Lati@s.
>>
>>26861721
>>26861726
>responding to someone complaining about change in character personality when they didn't have a personality whatsoever before
>>
The two major points that people can complain about:
Battle Frontier
The Rival healing you and instantly warping you to your location half a dozen times
>>
File: 1466057755208.jpg (26 KB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
1466057755208.jpg
26 KB, 336x335
I fucking love ORAS. Granted though, the last game I played was Gold/Silver over 13 years ago.
>>
>>26861743
The second one doesn't even make sense. First they complain about HMs being needed then they complain when the game offers you the chance of not using one?
>>
>>26861749
You can't complain about HMs when literally every Pokemon game ever has needed them
>>
>>26861719
Added new character, more legendary encounters first instance of adding them to the story

You get actually get stuff from phonecalls

Ice path was completely re made

Completely reworking sprites

First ever endless battle facility

Extra side quest for extreme speed Dragonite

Puzzles in the ruins of Alph

Making multiple apricot balls at once

Goldenrod pokecenter

Phone connectivity

Better battery for the game to last longer

It's a different experience anon
>>
>>26861745
I love ORAS as well
>>
>>26861739
I wanted to corner the Hoennbaby

They were subpar remakes of subpar games
>>
>>26857875
There wasn't a battle frontier or Gym Leader rematches in R/S.
>>
>>26861745
Why are you here then?
>>
>>26861783
Well it's the first game to end a generation since before Gen 3 to not have that.
>>
>>26861787
Because I fucking can, got a problem faggot?
>>
>>26861794
Cool, it's like you don't even know what we're talking about for RSE
>>
>>26857893
>no GB sounds
I didn't think people could be this stupid.
>>
File: wow.gif (377 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
377 KB, 165x115
>>26861767
>Added new character,
Wow!!! A character that does nothing for the whole game and that you fight -once-! Fucking awesome. Scott was more of a character than him.
>more legendary encounters
That's not true. Only change is Suicune being a NPC instead of a runner.

>You get actually get stuff from phonecalls
Pic related.

>Ice path was completely re made
In graphics. That's it.

>Completely reworking sprites
You mean like every Pokemon game with sprites until BW? Fuck, many Pokemon even had their original sprite.

>First ever endless battle facility
Point taken.

>the rest of the post

I'm not even gonna bother. Since you like watching from Bulbapedia so much, do actually look at the Emerald page and compare the worthy things added in both.

You'll see that outside the Battle Tower Crystal comes out with absolutely nothing.
>>
>>26861802
It was an awesome feature, but they shouldn't have pulled it from there

It's a shit list, literally "why isn't this Emerald"
>>
We've had 'ORAS is shit' threads for 2 years straight. Aren't you tired of complaining about the same fucking game?
>>
>>26861812
They couldn't have put GB sounds because R/S weren't on the GB.
>>
Literally nothing wrong with them. Only autsists in this thread that like to complain make up stuff
>>
>>26861810
>Scott more of a character
U wat

>Only change is Suicune being a NPC instead of a runner.
that's my point you see the legendary more and get more build up

>pic related
Did you play the games anon? This is the only way to get any evolutionary stones before going to bills grandpa in Kanto. Do you not understand how important those where?

>Ice path
It was given more puzzles too, unlike anything done to the overworld, if anything in Emerald. Also added more ice types iirc

>spites
Anon these were the original games to do this on such a tiny cart, then Emerald coppied it

Also a few Pokemon were discolored

That's all from memory faggot, but I'll checkout emerald
>>
>>26861823
Why not GBA sounds?
>>
>>26861812
'Why isn't it a mix of Emerlad and XY rather than being its own game?'
>>
>>26861840
Also to add they introduced the first tutor moves in goldenrod for coins. I think (that might be all versions)
>>
>>26857891

What is an European tree?
>>
>>26861759
Gen 5.
XY didnt need them much beyond Surf and Cut.
HGSS cut down on how much they were needed.

HMs are great but are cancer for anything other than exploring optional areas like Dark Cave, etc.

Rock Tunnel was a mistake.
>>
>>26857856
>Rayquaza eats a meteor whenever it uses D.Ascent
>>
>>26861872
Still needed them
>>
>>26861878
>Dragon Ascent
>Flying type
>>
>>26861893
Gen 5?
>>
>>26861695
>it even left out features present in the original RS

such as...?

the only way it's easier now is because you don't have to grind which is a good and a bad thing, yes it means the game is easy as fuck BUT never having to grind on wild pokemon just to get your team to usable levels is definitely nice.
>>
>>26861695
>It changed character personalities

You mean GAVE characters personalities right?
>>
>>26861695
>Unfortunately, I am a certified Hoennbaby. I've been hyped for Gen 3 remakes since before they were even announced as a possibility -- and when they were finally announced, I was Conductor Autist of the Hype Express

same here, but I'm mostly satisfied with ORAS. maybe I'm just easily satisfied, all the issues people always talk about seem so minor to me, and I've played through the remakes several times now. they're just really fun to me, to play through Hoenn's improved story/characters with all my favorite mons from the region.

also reminder that the Exp. Share can be turned off.
>>
>>26861657
I will say that Gen II had shit leveling making it pretty difficult for grinding.
>>
>>26861657

Platinum was a LOT harder than XY and ORAS, easily the hardest games of the series excluding maybe the original RBY.

But Platinum could be a bitch at times.
>>
>>26862113

>games

*game
>>
>>26862113
Platinum is the only hard Pokemon game.
>>
>>26862171

yeah people who say the older games are just as easy as gen 6 are retarded. it's literally just not true. the new games spoonfeed you and hold your hand to the maximum, and unfortunately it looks like it's gonna get even worse in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>26862191
Good.
>>
>>26862113
>>26862171
I swept through Platinum with my starter and occasional HM slaves. It was not hard at all.
AT ALL.
>>
>>26862171
Colosseum, bro.
>>
>>26861846
Because a mix of Emerald and XY would be better than the piece of shit they made.
>>
>>26862216
Are you serious? If you used only your starter then you were very overleveled, making worthless your opinion on the difficulty
>>
>>26857893
It's remakes for Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald. Does the game box have Rayquaza as a mascot with the title "BetaCuckEmerald"?
>>
>>26862171
In Plat you can get both the Pseudo and the Earthquake TM before the 3rd gym.BW2 is harder if you don't spend your time beating up Audinos.
>>
>>26862296
Platinum is the only game with a decent Elite 4 and Champion.
BW2 is ok in challenge mode, but it's not unlocked from the start so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>26862267
>It's remakes for Ruby and Sapphire

then why is granite cave screwed up?
why is the bike stuff from sky pillar removed?
why do I get the exp share way earlier?
why is lati@s given to me for free in the middle of the game instead of a roamer I have to catch post-game?
why are roxanne and brawly's levels nerfed?
why is there a battle maison with literal copy paste trainers instead of a battle tower?
>>
>>26861657
Generation 6 is the most hand holding, easiest, casual generation in the series.
>>
>>26862350
How does any of those have any relevance with Emerald
>>
>>26863097
How does any of those have any relevance to them needing to be carbon copies of Ruby and Sapphire
>>
>>26857856
Seriously? That's... garbage. I seriously think ORAS hurt the franchise 2bh. It wasn't worth getting rid of the "Hoenn remakes confirmed" meme.
>>
>>26862216
>I swept through Platinum with my starter

Well no shit you can do that in any pokemon game, I'm talking about if you're trying to raise an actual full team.

That's like saying "Well I can beat Halo easily on the Easy difficulty!!" which may be true but it doesn't mean Halo would be easy for you on legendary, even though in a lot of ways it's the same experience.
>>
>>26861780
t. salty Johtotoddler
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.