[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: 1462364886615.gif (518 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462364886615.gif
518 KB, 500x281
/vpwt/: Poofy Purugly Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26706895

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: For writers, what kind of character do you enjoy writing about the most? For readers, what type of characters do you enjoy reading/learning about the most?
>>
Updated Fics

Doomed PMD Guy's PMD story. Is requesting some help in making Chapter 2 good.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vy2nMa3I1sCAckyxFQOLh115s2VRvnGxRxkkKcVdWoI/edit?usp=sharing

Cge's Eternal Vernally, 9 and 10 (final)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/16388053
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/16478323

Solar's Gift of the Protector. Chapter 12
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/12/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart
>>
>>26857786
Big pussy needs stories yes
>>
>>26857786
I had the most fun writing a half-elf bard that was too raunchy and laidback for his own good in a tabletop campaign. Almost got him killed several times as a result, but it all worked out in the end.

Also, I updated; it got missed in the recap: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12009986/1/Au-Coup-Par-Coup
>>
>>26857981
I want to see a fic about teasing purugly over that belly
>>
Hey it's me! Thanks for making the thread! I'm almost done with the prologue!
>>
So how taboo are Pokémon-human relationships in your versions of the pokeworld? Are they illegal? Are they looked down upon by humans and mons alike? Are they outwardly frowned upon but in private there are plenty who are fine with them? Are they legal in Sinnoh?
>>
>>26859724
I wouldn't say it's taboo, but in my smut it suffers from literal bad timing/scapegoat syndrome, where illegal activity (drug smuggling, illegal trade, etc) always seem to take place where it is reported on the news. Note that there are no laws against it, but the association would have some people talking.
>>
>>26859724
>legal in Sinnoh
A fair bit of world politics is turning on the recent legalization of Pokemon/Human marriages in Sinnoh. Kanto's fucking pissed, Johto's getting bullied by Kanto to be just as pissed, Hoenn's defending Sinnoh, and Kalos and Unova are sort of just watching as intermediaries.

As a result, Kanto has barred all access to the region by Sinnohians and is leaning on Johto to do the same.
>>
File: 1369002354817.gif (989 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
1369002354817.gif
989 KB, 300x205
>>26859934
You forgot about best region Orre which is the Pokemon equivalent of the Wild West. ie. whoever has the fastest draw makes the law.
>>
>>26860196
Son of a bitch you just remind me of my lore boner for that whole fucking region. Now I've got to come up with a premise to an entire story that I may very well not even come back to ever again.

While I'm at it
>TOTT
While it can be challenging at times, I adore planning out and presenting a good gallant antagonist. Not necessarily one you need to sympathize with, but preferably leaning hard on lawful evil or neutral. It's really fun in my opinion to have this huge roadblock of an individual in the plot that is unswerving in their ideals, in addition to having to shape them in a way that is generally believable.

Reading, I just like the haughty vain smartasses the most. Most stories borderline on furfaggotry and revolving around a partnership between human and sentient beast typically end up this way, and I fucking love it.
>>
>>26859056
are you gonna put it in a pastebin or make a FFN for the story?
>>
>>26860824
Pastbin
>>
Finally the fabric thread is still here!
>>
>>26859934
Would Johto not care about it if kanto wasn't bullying them to hate it?
>>
>>26859934
>Kalos and Unova sitting on the sidelines
You can't tell me the vocal bible/quran/arceus'-holy-book thumpers wouldn't be in an uproar over "muh degeneracy" in another first-world region
>>
>>26862406
>quran

Don't be silly. The Pokémon world is usually depicted as a better place than reality.
>>
>>26857786
>tott
I find myself most often writing protagonists who withdraw from the world of humans and choose to rely primarily on the story's race of "other", be it Pokemon, robots, etc. I guess I'm just that edgy.

As for reading, I really can't say what personality I prefer. Doormats are no fun, but too many authors seem to be intent on making their female protags a little too feisty. Real people have to rely on others. Men on women, women on men--gender stereotypes be damned. This gripe has probably fueled my writing.
>>
>>26861827
Johto should be compassionate, being the region where trainers and their partner pokemon walk together, etc. But ever since they let Kanto get a foothold by following their neighbor's route numbering policy, it's all one-way politics.

Remember, regions: Good fences, good neighbors.
>>
>>26861827
Yeah, Johto as a region doesn't really care, they'd honestly rather just keep their noses out of it because it doesn't affect them. But they're literally attached at the hip to Kanto and have developed a really strong bond with the region as a result, so they've got their hands tied if they're interested in keeping relations with their brother from cooling. I don't think I intend for them to cave to blocking out Sinnohians though.

>>26862406
Kalos is pretty ambivalent to the whole thing; the citizenry is a bit put off by the entire ordeal because a chunk of them aren't completely jive with pokephilia, but almost every Kalosian knows that the brothel detailed in Maison is just one of hundreds and that a good number of citizens are just putting on airs.

Unova is actually bothered by it (at least that's what I wrote down) and would side with Kanto in debate, but isn't bothered enough to actually take action itself or enact any legislation.
>>
>>26862891
And I forgot my fucking name, go figure.

>>26862626
One day you're numbering routes like your bro, the next he's bullying you politically to stop an entire region of people from doing something as simple as visit a friend or relative.
>>
>>26858969
You're sleeping in bed, and purugly has draped it's fat fucking form over your body and head. What do you say?
>>
>>26860196
Oh yeah, that guy fucks pokémon
>>
>>26862626
>Regions: Good fences, good neighbors.
Where have I heard this before?
>>
>>26863786
It's a traditional proverb. Robert Frost used it to found one of his poems.
>>
I had finished my Prologue "Male Florges"

Now after your done reading what are YOU'RE thoughts on this prologue. I really NEED some advice on writing so I can improve on the next chapter.

I can take criticism (hopefully)

Link
http://pastebin.com/mytQqk7w
>>
>>26864731
Alright, one big thing: Unless the story is in first person, you should avoid addressing the reader as much as possible (Line 3).

I also noticed that you seem to switch between the past and/or present in terms of your verbs. You should try to stick to one of these tenses for your sentences (past is usually recommended)

Pokemon is both a singular and plural noun, so having an s next to it (Pokemons, line 14, there may be more) is not necessary.

Since the characters were already introduced, saying what species they are (lines 26-28) is not needed.

Considering the guy is possibly in a village of Florges, knowing the color of the bouquet/names will make trying to read his interaction with other Florges a lot easier. Try introducing it earlier on.
>>
>>26862891
>brothel at the Maison
Explication?
>>
>>26864910
Maison is the name of the work, and it's about a man's experience in a poke-brothel. He's resistant to everything around him and is pretty vocal about it, but ends up taking the plunge after a lopunny's bedroom eyes stirs a question in him that is too insistent to ignore.
>>
>>26864731
you seem to be able to portray emotions down just fine, although the story struggles quite a bit grammar-wise in my opinion. Places where singular nouns should be plural and vice versa, switching around in past and present tense, it's quite a bit of a mess.
Personally, I think you should focus on making sure to patch up grammar ot make it readable/presentable before going further. Look around online for some guides to writing or ask the thread/irc for mire immediate advice.
Most importantly, choose whether you want the story to have a present or past tense and stick with it. https://ellenbrockediting.com/2014/01/07/pros-and-cons-of-writing-your-novel-in-past-vs-present-tense/
>>
File: 0625161647a~2.jpg (570 KB, 2542x1589) Image search: [Google]
0625161647a~2.jpg
570 KB, 2542x1589
>>26864843
>Alright, one big thing: Unless the story is in first person, you should avoid addressing the reader as much as possible (Line 3).
I see. But I just thought giving the narrator some tiny hint of personality. You know give it some emotions. I guess you could say I was inspired by The tale of Despxrauxe's (you know the little mice that uses a needle as his sword?) narrator.

>I also noticed that you seem to switch between the past and/or present in terms of your verbs. You should try to stick to one of these tenses for your sentences (past is usually recommended)

>Pokemon is both a singular and plural noun, so having an s next to it (Pokemons, line 14, there may be more) is not necessary.

>Since the characters were already introduced, saying what species they are (lines 26-28) is not needed.

Thank you for your advice! I'll try my best to improve on my next chapter. Thank you.

I just drew a Male Florges with a bow. It's ok. But nothing good or anything
>>
File: 1466892485985870142811.jpg (796 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1466892485985870142811.jpg
796 KB, 2560x1600
>>26865000
>Singular nouns
>Grammer
>Past tense Present tense

Yeah....I could work on that obviously. Thank you for pointing my mistakes I appreciated.
>>
>>26865087
>But I just thought giving the narrator some tiny hint of personality. You know give it some emotions
Eh, it might just be me, but I would rather have the wording of the narration tell the tone/personality.
Either way, I do think directly addressing the reader directly in third person is a big no no, and could be done in an alternate route.

i.e: instead of "Yes reader HE," try "Yes, that is correct, HE."
That way you can imply you are addressing the reader without having to directly announce/talk to them if you still wish to keep that sort of tone going.

On that note it is nice that you are open to improvement. It means you got potential for something good in the future.
>>
File: IMG_20160625_175306_563.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160625_175306_563.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
>>26865416
W-wow...that last part I honestly was pleasantly surprise! I really appreciated (again) thank you! And once I'm done with my next chapter be sure to point out the things I got it wrong!
>>
>>26864843
>knowing the color of the bouquet/names will make trying to read his interaction with other Florges a lot easier. Try introducing it earlier on
You mean tell the florges what they look like so the readers know who's different?
If not elaborate please?
>>
>>26865787
Remember: Florges come in 5 sets of colors (from their bouquet): Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, White. Assuming that the main character will be in a village of Florges, you will need to find a way to distinguish the other Florges he interacts with, not just from gender alone. You can do this by either color coding their bouquets or just giving them names to identify with (any name), or both.
>>
>>26865905
I think I could see what your trying to say thanks for the note!
>>
Thanks for the tips guys! But, I have a tempted question that I'm eager about asking:

How would the female Florges would react to a MALE Florges.
>How would they say about him?
>What would they think about him?

Remember to answer all these questions.

Why I'm asking this?
I thought I could use some inspiration boost!
>>
File: 1451267386050.jpg (601 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1451267386050.jpg
601 KB, 1200x900
>Finally get my AO3 account
>html hoops take me on a wild trip back to basic webpage class in high school
>Haven't written yet today because I've been fiddling with uploading a single old fic for the last three hours.
>>
>>26866239
>html hoops
>three hours
>mfw

All you (should) need to do to your original text is convert \n into <br> and whatever you use for scene breaks into <hr />.
>>
>>26866584
I know. But then I started fucking around, googling things I shouldn't need to google and learning commands I absolutely wouldn't need for the simple process of presenting text.
>>
File: touch me.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
touch me.gif
182 KB, 226x224
>>26866622
Hey, you do you. If you're having fun with it, don't let no one stop you.
>>
File: tumblr_nvm22fcOC21rc0ynmo3_1280.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvm22fcOC21rc0ynmo3_1280.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
Requesting Insomni getting her big ass spanked by an irritated Keita/Nate from Yo-kai Watch (or a hand/anon), her begging for more.
Whether you make her nude or keep her clothes on is up to you.

References
Insomni: http://imgur.com/p8Thqsk
Nate/Keita: http://imgur.com/XrECbHk/
>>
File: 1459157787199.png (297 KB, 594x331) Image search: [Google]
1459157787199.png
297 KB, 594x331
>>26866239
Small world. I just recently logged back into my old AO3 account. It's strange because I've only updated one of my Pokemon stories there, but there's also this "series" thing which doesn't make complete sense to me. Evidently, I have a series - GOTP - , but adding stories to it requires publishing individual stories (with chapters too, mind) and then incorporating them into the series. I also am curious as to how the fiction search function works.

All in all, I need to make sense of all of this out before I commit to it. For now, I'm still sticking with FFN for hosting the new chapters I write, but if it is worth also posting my work on a different site I will certainly make the necessary effort to figure it out.

Good luck to you though!
>>
File: there's the door.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
there's the door.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>26867005
Where the fuck do you think you are? This is /vp/, not /yk/ or /mon/ or whatever the hell you want it to be.
>>
>>26867068
Oh fuck me right in the ass. Wrong thread.
last time I'll drink and post
>>
File: 6dO1DEw.png (62 KB, 339x337) Image search: [Google]
6dO1DEw.png
62 KB, 339x337
Here's the main plot of my story "male florges"

When Stem (the male Florges) was frustrated of females rejecting him. But suddenly A specific Florges (will just call her Rosa for now) discover Stem and started flirting. Stem was very happy that he found a lover...until Rosa referred Stem as a 'She'. Turns out she was a lesbian! As much Stem wants to tell her that he's a guy he relize that he would lose his lover. So will he keep his gender a secret? Or pretend to be a girl...forever.
>>
>>26866138
sorry for the delay.
Think about it. If you have ever seen those shows/movies where people oust others that are different, how would they normally react?

>say
They would either shun/berate him or pretend that he doesn't exist, not even the shopkeepers would associate themselves with him, to the point they have signs to prevent it from happening. This, incidents where he gets hurt would either attract people watching, ignoring, or trying to get out of the way.

>think
...this one would probably vary from person to person, even with all the shunning. Some may outright hate him for existing/living, but others could feel pity/sorry for him, but are unwilling to act out because they fear they would get involved and shunned as well

>>26867904
Would Rosa be the new Florges around the block? I'm not sure how tight knit the community is, but I'd assume news travel really fast, especially if it follows him
>>
File: 1458413017326.png (739 KB, 1025x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458413017326.png
739 KB, 1025x1000
>>26867904
>Rosa
Okay. I think the story has potential, but is the only issue in the story going to be the Florges' gender? It's not a bad starting point, but it seems really superficial especially since gender is something relatively easy to determine.

If you would like my honest opinion, and too bad, I'm going to give it to you whether you like it or not I think you've got a good premise, but the hook needs a little fleshing out. How does this particular story differ from the tried and tested trope of establishing a gender identity? For instance, do Florges have some sort of ritual that make binary genders important in some way?
>wants to tell her that he's a guy he relize that he would lose his lover. So will he keep his gender a secret? Or pretend to be a girl...forever.
I just can't help but feel as though I've read this somewhere else before.

Keep at it though; you've got a lot of potential.
>>
File: 1465679150311.png (220 KB, 699x1065) Image search: [Google]
1465679150311.png
220 KB, 699x1065
>>26868018
Ah! I see you made a mistake! Actually yes Rosa is a lesbian. She not only gay, but also well known and famous for having a large ruined castle decorated with beautiful plants, roses, trees you name it! Of course other Florges insulted Rosa's sexualiaty, but always has this feeling of jealousy that she decorated better than all of them.
>>
>>26868025
Don't worry I won't rush the story. Just a lot to think this through.
>>
>>26868072
should have clarified. When I meant him I meant the male Florges. And...considering Stem's situation, when a popular girl interacts with a 'nobody,' things explode in the gossiping community.
>>
File: 1459896677847.jpg (276 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459896677847.jpg
276 KB, 800x800
>>26868105
cool
>>
File: 1466512506073.jpg (275 KB, 1518x2048) Image search: [Google]
1466512506073.jpg
275 KB, 1518x2048
>>26868114
Wait until they found out that he's a dude, and then how big of a explosion would be!
>>
>>26868025
Hmm...you know what...you just gave me an idea! Im not goona tell you thought it would intresting for you guys to read it.
>>
>>26868211
fuck I just masturbated
>>
>>26868211
Every time I see this image it makes me want to write more yuri. Fug.
>>
>>26866622
Speaking of which, anyone know the specifics for setting a font on AO3? I think Destiny Tower Field Journal would be real sick if it had a less mechanical font, but I'm either fucking up the style tag or it just isn't supported altogether. It doesn't seem to care much for fonts at all.
>>
>>26866239
>fiddling with HTML for three hours

or, since you were working on a story, you could have just passed it by your Libreoffice's (because you _are_ using Libreoffice, right?) web mode editor? That's what I do to preprocess fics for BBCode forums.

Also

>Got your AO3 account
I still am cry

>>26868865
If it's truly supporting HTML and not just a crippled, hopefully documented subset of it, then one of these should work:

<font face="...">text</font>

<span style="font-family:.....;">text</span>

Where you substitute the ..... with the names of the font families (not font individuals!) you want, separated by commas. For example if the font you are looking for has the family name Techno and you want to default to a narrow font if that's not available, you substitute 'Techno, Impact'.

Yes I said Impact. Try and punch me for that.
>>
File: 1856-27569-1969.png (226 KB, 737x395) Image search: [Google]
1856-27569-1969.png
226 KB, 737x395
>>26869054
>impact
>>
>>26868025
Just a reminder that Florges is 100% female.
>>
>>26867005
>Insomni
I took care of that a lonnnnnng time ago, Anon. If you like my work.

It's called Yo-kai Specs.
>>
>>26871154
Apologies. The request was for a drawthread, not a writethread
>>
>>26871165
Oh.

WELL FUCK.
>>
Hello /vpwt/, I've been dabbling with a concept for a story for awhile now and I'd like to get your opinions on the basic premise.

It takes place in the PMD universe, hundreds of years before the main rescue team games. The world is much more medieval/primal, and as such there are few cities where Pokemon live together. The largest Kingdom on the Continent is ruled by a king. The conflict arises from having "magic users" (Alakazam, Bronzong, any Pokemon that relies on their special abilities) slowly losing their abilities over the course of several decades. This turns them into second class citizens, and the king ignores their plight despite their calls for action. The story begins with a revolution from said group, and would POV swap around several characters from different walks of life around the kingdom, wherein the ultimate goal of the story is to discover the reason for the loss of magic globally, and whether restoring it is the right thing.

I'm not sure if I like it or if it's unnecessarily convoluted and stretches some concepts too far. Your opinions on it would be appreciated.
>>
>>26857786
The things I would do to that purugly
>>
>>26871419
Feasible, but a challenge.

You're identifying a quest ("discover the reason") but there is no hero character (presenting through a gallery of temp protagonists) for the reader to follow.

There are a number of successful vignette works, but they tend to have some sort of commonality to link them (sometimes a MacGuffin) beyond the shared universe. The whodunit genre isn't too far from this, making the reader the hero (attempting to solve the mystery while reading it) and using a protagonist to serve as the reader's diegetic proxy.

Without abandoning your vision of a vignette format, I suggest having some sort of character that could appear briefly in each story. For example, perhaps a Medicham serves the court and is the crud filter that has to hear these complaints and decide which ones to turn away and which ones to let the king hear and dismiss. He could be a mechanism to end each vignette, and over the course of the series become the reader's agent as his knowledge of the affair is the same sum as that of the reader, and the series could conclude with him realizing himself to be the most powerful character, not only because of his opportunity to influence the king but to be the (among the?) most knowledgeable about the matter, plus he has a potential for a personal conflict. (I chose Medicham for this example because being Fighting/Psychic…) Assuming he's young enough to have only known his Psychic side as an impotent, vestigial ability, should he realize how to restore these powers, he would personally reap a great benefit from it—could he exploit the cure alone and seize power? universally to restore the historic balance? or keep it secret (by whatever means) to preserve the caste society, preferring its little quarrels over the conflagration that restoring Special-type attacks would incite?

In addition to the difficulties of pacing and POV shifts, you must be very careful not to drift into "It's medieval humans dressed like pokemon."
>>
>>26868114
Well the community gossip can be a bit tight but not tight enough for them to discover Stem's gender, Since they think Male Florges is just plain nonsense and very fictional. The only gossips that has something to do with Stem is how akwared he interacts with the Female Florges (since he's hitting pubirty) that's how far the gossip can go with him. The bullies (The wicked florges, Chrissy, and Lizzie) tried to expose he's gender in order to ruin his life. They tried convincing other Florges but laughed at their claim.
>>
>>26872819
So, why is the Florges male? And how does the setting and the reason behind that support him being the only one?

Also how hard it is for a Florges to discover what's wrong with that "nobody" anyway? And what constitutes being "male" for a member of the Flabebe line?
>>
>>26872819
So no one knows about a male in their community? I thought everyone already knew.

In that case, this will probably have a complete change over how the initial thoughts of a male in a crowd completely.
>>26866138
>>26868018
In addition to these thought, there may be some who will be genuinely curious about a male and wonder many things like a scientist of sorts. Or people find it amusing enough to make stories/myths about the nature of a male Florges (whether kind or ruthlessly violent, used to exist but went extinct, etc etc).

And thus should it eventually be revealed to everyone, the results could vary greatly depending on the stories/stereotypes brought up by the fiction that already exists about men.
>>
>>26871419
What is it about losing their abilities that pushes them into the position of second class citizen? Is class determined by combat ability or the general usefulness of abilities? If it's the latter, the king would almost certainly be interested in addressing the issue. It seems that the general population would also be interested in figuring it out, since most pokemon can use/benefit from special abilities in some way, putting some pressure on the king to do something.
>>
>>26871731
Thanks for the reply!

I understand what you mean in terms of the story falling apart without a link. I'm torn between simply having the characters "band together" at some point or follow your suggestion of a common link. For the characters I have in mind, I'm just not sure how I'd have a common acquaintance between the three of them.

I'm thinking a knight-police type character who actively works for the crown and thus has to deal with nobles and such, but also deals with crimes/ the main populace and as such is exposed to the conflicts that go largely ignored. The second character would be one of the magic-users who's family made their success on their abilities and lost their wealth due to the circumstance and is spiteful of the government. The final would be a "civilian" who is largely uninvolved and unconcerned with the social conflict until it's brought to his/her doorstep. I'd want to cover each POV with several thousand words each time, basically writing independent stories concurrently happening until they eventually converge. Would it be smarter to write 3 different fics and then just have a fourth one without POV-swapping to tie them together?

I also understand what you mean by the "medieval humans dressed like pokemon". I understand I'm riding a thin line there, but I believe the conflict surrounding special and physical types justifies the use of pokemon enough. I also want to tie in the time gears and temporal tower in some way.

I appreciate the feedback It made me question several facets of the story, and of course I'm still open to more. I really like what you've thought of with the medicham, although I might implement it in a different way.
>>
>>26873644
It pushes them to second class citizens as now they cannot compete with more-physical pokemon and complete labour oriented tasks, of which the majority of the jobs available would be centered on. It of course would also apply to combat, which is very important given that many pokemon are still wild and openly hostile as they are in PMD, so having capable guards/rescue teams would be important. And while the king SHOULD be interested in solving this issue, he's not for personal and political reasons, which is why the general populace IS angry with him which sets the ground for the revolution in the first place.
>>
>>26873826
You said that the goal is to discover the reason, thus viewing these POVs is a means to that end. Shattering the narrative only helps to confuse your reader: Which is Part 1, 2, 3? Does the order matter? Did I read them all? "I think I started with the ending, should I read the others? Is it done or is there more?"
>>
>>26873580
Right now I'm trying too "think" how the plot goes rather than just typing in blindly. But don't worry I am in no rush. Plus on my new chapter (which isn't even started yet) that tells the settings and the characters.

>Really I thought everyone knew that there's a guy in the community.
That's where the Rosa (lesbian florges) comes into play if other florges knew he was a guy than they would tell her that Stem is a dude she will probably avoid him which means...

>ADDING A LESBIAN
>THE COMMUNITY DOESNT KNOW THERES A DUDE IN THEIR TOWN
>FEMININE MALE EASY TO MISTAKE HIS OPPOSITE GENDER
>LESBIAN FLIRTS FEMININE MALE
>MORE STRESS TOWARDS THE MAIN CHARACTER

I'll also add a backstory of their past if I can manage fit all in.
>>
>>26857786
How do i put shit into the Ideabin? I wanna put a story in where it's basically just Mystery Dungeon, except instead of a pokemon the main character stays a human and has all the durability of an average pokemon protagonist.
>>
>>26874546
drop it down on the thread via post or link it pastebin and I'll add it in for you.
>average human pokemon protagonist
those guys are very study y'know
>>
>>26873344
it could be a gerundo thing, where fate says fuck it and let there be a male one time
>>
>>26874620
Actually they kind of are how many times did team rocket get hyper beamed and fell from ridiculous highs and survive. In the game a guy got hyper beamed by barney dragon and survived.
>>
File: 1457380553739.gif (17 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1457380553739.gif
17 KB, 500x450
>>26875707
Ah yes, this scene? Barney is really strong. "Survived" is one way to put it, if I were writing the script he'd probably be roasted with more than a few burns.
>>
Working on a fanfic, looking for some inspiration. Can somebody post links to parts of fics that focus on the trainer initially bonding with/getting used to their starter.
>>
>>26857786
I'm a sucker for reading romance, especially about potential romance/attraction between the protagonist and the antagonist. Maybe I'm just a sucker for taboo good/evil relationships
>>
hey guys, A while ago I posted my first fic and it admittedly wasn't nearly as good as it could've been due to my writing. I've done it over and I think it's much better.

http://pastebin.com/ZkCDWHWQ
>>
>>26875707
Taking the anime at face value (or seriously at all outside of anime fics) sounds like a bad idea to me.

>>26876390
And Pokémon can't know more than four moves at a time, right?

The scene in that image seems better interpreted as having the Dragonite fire a warning shot than having Pokémon being ludicrously weak or humans being ludicrously resilient.
>>
>>26877925
>Pokémon can't know more than four moves at a time, right?
I've read fictions where Pokemon can use more than four moves, and other departures from the game's canon. This has the advantage of making stories more interesting depending on where the author chooses to take his or her departure. Where is the line drawn? At 5 moves? 10 moves? The whole damn learn-set? Such things are subjective and have no answer once you leave behind the canon.

>image
To me, it appears that Lance is ordering his Pokemon to attack the man based on the following evidence: a.) the dragon sprite moves forward and makes contact with him (mind, this was gen 2 where Hyper Beam was still considered a Normal Physical attack), b.) the man is knocked backwards in a straight line - how do you dodge or avoid a beam of energy by moving backward?, and c.) he's not even looking at the creature attacking him, but instead facing down toward the door and player.

I welcome other interpretations that have a rationale to back them up; I can see how firing a warning shot would indeed befit a well-trained Pokemon capable of controlling its powerful moves. To be completely honest, unless the Dragonite fired a Hyper Beam directly into the floor in front of the man, which somehow caused a shockwave that sent him sailing backwards I have a difficult time seeing it the way you describe.
>>
>>26878116
>Where is the line drawn?

It should depend on the capabilities of the individual mon and the complexity of the moves in question. Both the hard limit and the concept of every move being equally difficult to use/master are gameplay considerations.

>more videogame literalism

The scene is what it is because of the game's limitations.
Taking that scene at face value forces the world to become more boring by making Pokémon completely non-threatening.
This is a champion-trained Dragonite using a move that's supposed to be highly destructive. If Pokémon were that weak or humans were that tough, no one would need Pokémon for protection when traveling through the wilderness and criminals using Pokémon would be a complete joke as any random civilian with a baseball bat could stop them.

>the Dragonite fired a Hyper Beam directly into the floor in front of the man, which somehow caused a shockwave that sent him sailing backwards
Something to that effect is a lot more reasonable than "a human can totally survive a champion's Dragonite's Hyper Beam head-on". Alternatively, one could just write a scene that conveys the intended effect and makes sense rather than bone-headedly sticking to obvious mechanical limitations.

Speaking of criminals, do you also think it's reasonable for one 11-year-old to take down the local mafia/violent crazy cult with just his team and no other support? Do you think criminals and terrorists care about official battling rules, or unanimously possess an unshakable sense of honor and basically never gang up on or use dirty tricks against the intruder, or not possess any means of fighting or doing anything useful beyond their shitmons?

Don't take the canon at face value.
>>
>>26878116
>To me, it appears that Lance is ordering his Pokemon to attack the man based on the following evidence:

You have to take into consideration the limitations of the game engine to present that evidence to you though. There is no other use for beams in the overworld, so it was unlikely that extra coding space would be taken to portray a beam in a different capacity than how they appear during presentation of the battle engine. This being Gen2, there is also no presentation of diagonal movement, even in cases where it is assumed to be able. In fact, following this argumental line one should be able to say that humans in Johto can only move (or be moved) in the four cardinal directions, and only in discrete steps of about the same size.

My more physical world-ish interpretation is that Lance either used the order as an intimidation and the grunt fell back when the Dragonite inched closer (I don't recall an actual bump / hit SFX, unlike in Platinum), or the Hyper Beam was used for splash damage, knocking the grunt away.
>>
>>26878383
You should be able to take your story where you see fit. That's the fucking point of telling a story in the first place. Why do you think I said in my post that fictions ARE more interesting when Pokemon are able to have more than 4 moves, consequently breaking canon? The only argument you've made in your posts is one of one interpretation being correct and another being incorrect. Yes, the Dragonite was portrayed in a video game, and yes, there were limitations because it is a video game, but it is also intentional to the degree that the creators of the story had a point to get across with that scene.

>Do you also think it's reasonable for one 11-year-old to take down the local mafia/violent crazy cult with just his team and no other support? Do you think criminals and terrorists care about official battling rules, or unanimously possess an unshakable sense of honor and basically never gang up on or use dirty tricks against the intruder, or not possess any means of fighting or doing anything useful beyond their shitmons?
Once again, you've demonstrated that you can only make arguments by hyperbole. I've said none of those exaggerated things; in fact, I've only said that Pokemon can attack people with their moves.
>>
Good news, I'll have a computer for good starting tomorrow, meaning I'll have no excuse to not write the fic i've been talking about for, fuck i dont even know how long.
Wish me luck, i shouldn't need to do too much screaming at my laptop before i can get work done.
>>
>>26878553
I apologize for being more aggressive than necessary. It's just that the usual way /vp/ handles this kind of thing is to stupidly chant BUT CANON like a mantra and call everything that isn't 100% accurate to what the games show "autism", and seeing the beginning of that in this thread kinda got to me.

I don't think there's only one way to interpret things, but I do think that the literal interpretation is an inferior choice most of the time.
>>
>>26878774
>the usual way /vp/ handles
You're talking to a different kind of /vp/ here, kiddo. We're the nice-to-talk-to proletariats, not the run of the mill plebeians.

But yeah in general you have to remember that the medium is not always the message, in fact, sometimes it gets in the way. The glorious hunter-gatherer fights for life of old likely didn't look anything like the cutesy cave paintings, if anything because people back then... weren't 2D.

Now, sometimes, the medium is part of the message. But those cases usually are about conceptually higher-level messages.

>>26878727
Luck then. And good to have people back into writing, always.
>>
>>26878848
I'm a regular here. I'm just worried about the retarded parts of /vp/ leaking into this thread.
>>
>>26878900
Leaking? If they are, someone let me know, just in case it's worth the laughs.

That and maybe I can get more in touch with my national culture side, beating idiots and then publicly mocking them while drinking cheapo imitation red wine.
>>
>>26878900
Retardation leaking in is rather infrequent in my experience. Every time I've seen it (like all four times) the person has just gone ignored or was snubbed by a single post.
>>
>>26879264
You'd be shocked by just how accepted videogame literalism seems to be.
>>
>>26878727
Finally
>>
>>26877907
This anon here. I've come up with a title and will be writing up a 3rd chapter soon. any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>26881265
>I've come up with a title
Godspeed anon. My titles always end up being some retarded flowery bullshit because I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>26877907
Minor thing, make sure not to use all caps too much during dialogue. Instead, use one exclamation mark or a !? to get the point accross
>>
>>26882562
Thanks, also is pastebin appropriate or should I consider fanfic.net and archive of our own?
>>
>>26882617
i usually use pastebin if it's just here, because ao3 is a pain to get into and ffn is cancer
>>
>>26881265
>>26881464
Same here, coming up with a title is the hardest part of the fic I'm starting.
>>
Guess who's back and ready to procrastinate for another 6 months?
>>
>>26884314
That could be any name/trip in this thread.
>>
>>26876420
As many fics as I've read, I can't think of any that put significant focus on a trainer and starter getting to know one another. Even stories that show them meeting and progressing through the story usually skim past any sort of legitmate relationship building in favor of pushing the plot. That's pretty sad considering that topic could easily make up a full story by itself.
>>
>>26884443
>I can't think of any that put significant focus on a trainer and starter getting to know one another.
There are plenty, but most of them go as quickly as possible to them getting to know one another carnally.
>>
>>26884494
Not to mention the countless stories that start with some guys kicking a rare pokemon in an alley, only to have the protagonist show up to dramatically save it and rush it to a center. This of course earns the protagonist the pokemon's undying loyalty and/or unrestricted access to their genitals.
>>
>>26884964
Those are most of the ones I did mention. :D

It's like there was a blue light special on the premise:
>A: "Stupid lucario! How dare you take double damage when I switch you into an earthquake!" *kicks the hell out of already injured lucario that could twist his bones into pretzels*
>B: "Hey, stop that!"
>A: "Oh I guess you like weak pokemon. It's yours." *throws ball aside*
>B goes to pokecenter, acquires waifu.
Bonus point if A used masculine pronouns, B "discovers" otherwise in a perfectly innocent way (to underscore A's ignorance, of course), and that counts as permission to begin courting.
>>
>>26884401
make me qeq more than you had any right to

>>26884443
>>26884494
>>26884964
>>26885318
The problem is you guys are thinking about sex. If you look for actual relationship building (not romance / sex building) between Trainer and Starter, there's a lot to get into, though still even the vast majority of the fics dedicated to the subject skip the very basics.

>CAPTCHA
>DENIED GAIT
...wut?
>>
>>26885571
Sounds like captcha is trying to tell you to stop slouching when you walk son.
>>
>>26885571
Not necessarily for the worse. If the author's basics are boring, skipping is the best we can hope for.

What I think is being expressed here is that there is a desire to sympathize with a communication of the experience we readers imagine acquiring a pokemon of our own would be.
>>
>>26884314
Hat plz. No more hiatus
>>
File: 1419647535654.jpg (100 KB, 626x676) Image search: [Google]
1419647535654.jpg
100 KB, 626x676
>>26887577
i'd have actually needed to do some work to be considered on haitus :^)
>>
Those Greninja hate threads are making me want to write about our frog son
>>
File: image.png (310 KB, 561x672) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310 KB, 561x672
>tfw no good fic where a mon becomes a human and has to deal with the changes

life
is for
suffering
>>
File: 1455358054349.png (233 KB, 810x756) Image search: [Google]
1455358054349.png
233 KB, 810x756
I've got a question for anyone who has the time to burn on reading something without much context or relevance to this board. I threw out a new fic for a /co/ thread I frequent, and for once the general consensus I've been getting was that my prose was far too purple. Now I didn't really notice this even while proofreading through the third time around, and I'm wondering how it would be that I could fix that issue so people don't get cold feet. It was just how my brain was processing words at the time. Like, if the style wasn't present in fanfiction but instead an original piece, would it be digested differently or what? /co/ doesn't have a writethread anyways.

The source is probably foreign, but that doesn't really have much to do with my pretentious bullshit.
http://pastebin.com/pC1GfqyF
>>
File: walkingatnight.png (158 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
walkingatnight.png
158 KB, 400x300
>>26890845
The consensus is right. Your first paragraph is 56% chatter, giving me a chance to don my Angst-exuding Editor cap.

What I'm getting is that your goal is to communicate the whole sensory experience you are imagining, and in doing so you are disrespecting the readers' need to be shown what matters and ability to fill in their own details.

[my thoughts as I read]:
>This street in particular [why?] felt the full extents [extents aren't felt] of the unsettled twilight sky [what unsettles it?]'s violet touch. There was not a roof of leaves [good est.] to choke the light, no massive branches for it [light?] to peer between. It [light? roofs? touches? streets?] had complete and sovereign [overlapping adjectives] rule over the eastern horizon and the void above. But with no foliage to barricade away nature's grace [physical obstacles against an intangible attribute] and captivate the seeping warmth [very abstract; I can read this a few ways and they're all weak] of today(')s sunlight, an especially ghastly chill barreled through the alleys of this quiet neighborhood [which quiet neighborhood? You established only a street and no roofs.] as the night began to fester [bacteria grow within the night's abscessed wound?]. These vile gusts [you said one chill] had no trouble invading the meager silken fabric Hallia adorned [(herself with)?] and sought constantly to sap the heat from her feathers. It was a terrible night to have ["…a curse"] chosen such a drafty dress [unnecessary passive], but at least it would soon serve a purpose [narrator spoiler] worthy of steeling this terrible cold [it's not doing that].

Perhaps:
Walking hastily down a silent street beneath a violet void that minutes ago bade goodbye to a setting sun, Hallia struggled to keep her loose silk garment wrapped about her fluffed feathers. Every gust of wind brought upon her a ghastly chill that stole from her as much body heat as it could, as though it delighted in her discomfort. ¶

(…)
>>
>>26890845
>>26891104
Two sentences are all that survives of your first paragraph. Of the next two, it boils down to:
>As easily as this regrettably-selected dress caught passing winds it caught eyes, colored a fierce red that couldn't be missed even in the twilight and accented with gold trim about its edges. Being formal attire for a female avian, it was well tailored to suit the structure of her body as she would like to present it to the public, not to the elements.

What I'm doing here:
>FOCUS on Hallia. She's the protagonist, we talk about what matters to her.
>UNIFY the establishment with the portrayal by showing how what you tell about the setting affects the action.
>CUT material that distracts from the action.

You spend hundreds of words on describing roofs and dresses; we're 437 words in before we find out that Hallia (whoever she is) isn't alone. Isn't Mary existing kinda important for the readers to envision the scene? But we got "Nature's Grace" being not-barricaded and we know all about how to dress a chicken for a formal. At least that's what I'm guessing she is. And I've no idea what Mary's supposed to be but given "the unnatural resistance to temperature she possessed," I'm assuming she's a tropical bird and being unfazed by chills is a small expenditure of suspension-of-disbelief to buy a funny personality conflict to play with.

Verdict: Forget "purple," this narration is so ultra-violet that it causes burns.
>>
Boop
>>
>>26891104
>>26891211
Thanks cge, you know well how to ravage someone's dick with a chainsaw. It's probably take me a few hours just to redo those few opening paragraphs, but I don't believe faggotry lasts much longer than there. There might be a few points at which I slip up later, but I should generally fall back into normal habits when the plot begins. I'll check anyway.

But in the end of it all, I would like to keep the dress' specific characteristics in the story. There is an implied conversation later that revolves around it, but it is in the midst of a transitional skip of time where dialogue is forwent for progress. Would it be more fitting to describe it there?
>>
I'm doing some writing and I'm stuck.

How do you refer to multiple Pokemon, as plural?

I know that in the anime, there's no plural form, but something about it doesn't seem right. In real life, we refer to more than animal with an 's' at the end (e.g. dogs, bugs, lions, snakes).

Is it really incorrect to refer to Pokemon this way? I want to describe multiple of the same Pokemon in what I'm writing. It's just a silly fiction I'm working on. It sounds absolutely silly to say something like Bulbasaurs, you know? Just thought I'd double check. I feel like it would be way more organic to reference Pokemon without capitalizing their kind. Just as you would with an animal (e.g. bulbasaur instead of Bulbasaur).

Input/help?
>>
>>26894431
sometimes, a noun in its plural form will stay the same. In Pokemon's case it is just like it.

Singular: Pokemon
Plural: Pokemon

This also extends to the species I think.
>>
>>26894431
It's your choice whether to go with the official standard (singular and plural forms are identical, species names are capitalized) or with less 'unnatural' pluralisations and/or regular English capitalization. No one worth taking seriously will attack you for either choice, as long as it's readable and consistent.
>>
>>26894084
>a few hours just to redo those few opening paragraphs
>a few hours
You're going to expand it from three paragraphs to three thousand words of explaining "windy twilight" and how the garment was sewn? My message has had an effect opposite of my intention.

I have no idea what your plan is with what you're describing regarding this dress, but generically, the more important something is, the better off you are spreading out its establishment. Info-dumping works best when all of the details quickly explain something else that is meaningful.

>>26894431
Write what sounds best and communicates most clearly. If pluralizing eliminates ambiguity, do it. If you need the capital form to serve as a proper name for an unnamed pokemon, use lowercase for the species.
>>
>>26894897
No, I mean it took me a good while to tear apart those beginning paragraphs and condense them into something smaller and better. It takes a lot longer for me to do subtle than it does to slam down thousands of words.
>>
>>26876420
>>26884443
>>26884494
>>26885571
The early chapters of Titanium (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10694945/2/Titanium) have the protag and her Piplup getting used too living wiith each other. It was interesting and had potential, but by the time the protag starts her journey it seems they've quickly bonded and the focus shifts. Still a good read though.
>>
>>26894431
Well, everyone and their mom have an opinion on the issue but I support >>26894897 regarding one particular goal of using adequate nouns in writing:

> If pluralizing eliminates ambiguity

At the moment I'm sticking to current canon (you could, for kicks, go with older but still valid canon and refer to all species, be it in plural or singular, as ALLCAPS :p) because I'm mostly doing one-shots, but as soon as I get to work more seriously on a longfic I'm gonna switch to naturalspeak, as well as try to omit actually calling the species name in-universe whenever it's possible.

>I want to describe multiple of the same Pokemon in what I'm writing.
If denoting the plurality is important, reword the sentence to make it clear that it's plural, eg.: "Those (k/K)adabra(s) are teleporting in!", that way you don't need to feel bad about picking any of the 109479375983+ sides on the issue.

>I feel like it would be way more organic to reference Pokemon without capitalizing their kind
IMO, if you are referencing them as per common (colloquial) descriptors, that makes sense. We say dog, rabbit, mermaid, kobold, kraken, kitsune. Not Dog, Rabbit, Mermaid, Kobold, Kraken, Kitsune.

>>26894541
Oi let's wait to January :p

>>26895439
>A fem and her Piplup
Mildly interested, will go read.
>>
So, I wrote a lewdfic for the first time and wanted to know the details about posting it on FF. As long as it's rated MA I won't have anything happen to my account right?
>>
>>26896318
You'll be fine unless your prose goes above and beyond the constraints of the Mature rating on FF. I have no idea what that constitutes, but I've never hit that point myself in all my writings over the years.
>>
>>26896318
Move to AO3 and you don't have to worry. At FFnet, you take your chances.
>>
>>26896318
It's all up to whether or not some user at Critics United or some shit gets triggered by your fic.
>>
http://pastebin.com/qYnRAa8U
http://pastebin.com/UnTSxV7y

Finished that third and fourth chapter!
>>
File: 1465963396685.png (543 KB, 551x556) Image search: [Google]
1465963396685.png
543 KB, 551x556
>>26894521
That's true.. I'll keep that in mind while writing.

>>26894541
I get what you mean, but it's always nice to get some input on what some of you might think while reading and seeing it pluralized differently.

Just a curiosity that always crosses my mind while writing, so I thought I'd get some input.

It definitely seems bizarre to refer to Wooper as Woopers, but I only pondered the thought more and more after considering how we refer to animals in real life, you know?

But as the other anon said, however, it might be just fine to keep it the way it's always been since there are nouns that are pronounced the same, singular and plural.

>>26894897
>If pluralizing eliminates ambiguity, do it. If you need the capital form to serve as a proper name for an unnamed pokemon, use lowercase for the species.

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking at first, but I'm still not sure.

I'll deifnitely capitalize for unnamed Pokemon that are called upon by their trainers, but I feel that it would be only natural to not capitalize them when being referred to just as you were to refer to an animal in real life.

Example sentences:

"Yeah, Chikorita hasn't been the same ever since we lost that battle."

"As I was walking, I noticed a chikorita pass by."

That's the kind of usage I was thinking about.
Now, as far as pluralization goes -- that's the only thing I haven't decided on yet. Like I said, the first anon kind of has a point, but it seems relatively natural (not considering what we've learned thus far from the anime and whatnot) to say something like:

"In the yard, the professor cared for a small group of bulbasaurs."

versus

"In the yard, the professor cared for a small group of bulbasaur."

Do you see what I mean, guys?
Give me your input regarding capitalization, and the whole pluralization thing.

I'd like more of your input.
I feel that going with something a bit more unorthodox is more characterizing of what I'm writing, but I don't want to offset anyone.
>>
>>26897860
bump
>>
>>26897860
From my experience in reading/writing, I think the "In the yard, the professor cared for a small group of bulbasaur." sounds more efficient, mostly because the 'small group' aspect already acknowledges that there is more than one of a species. Any more signs of plural would just be redundant

i.e: A herd of sheep vs. A herd of sheeps, or a school of fish vs. a school of fishes.

If you really want to add plural to them, place it in the noun that implies plural/multiple

i.e: Herds of sheep, or schools of fish.
>>
File: 1462068909210.jpg (14 KB, 236x327) Image search: [Google]
1462068909210.jpg
14 KB, 236x327
>>26889394
Lewd bully fic Anti frogfag x Greninja would be a sight to see
>>
File: 1463247320181.png (903 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463247320181.png
903 KB, 640x480
>>26889394
>>26898489
This would be funny as hell. Bonus points if it starts out as Greninja raping Anti-frog Anon, but begins to break him to the point of consent. Then the Anti-anon starts another hate thread to deal with the embarrassment of having enjoyed frog D even when it goes against his principles.
>>
>>26898489
>>26898645
Bonus points if the plight of the plushie-molesting anon is tied in. This kind of fic would count as authentic /vp/ OC.
>>
>>26899058
"If only I knew what shame was before that morning" guy?
>>
File: KuJcuPb.jpg (400 KB, 628x3500) Image search: [Google]
KuJcuPb.jpg
400 KB, 628x3500
>>26899076
You mean this guy?
>>
File: flcfDp2.jpg (762 KB, 1025x3068) Image search: [Google]
flcfDp2.jpg
762 KB, 1025x3068
>>26899111
>>26899076
He probably meant this, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>26889394
>>26898489
I apologize, but who is he?
>>
>>26899111
Yeah, that's the one. Thanks, librarianfriend!
>>
>>26899637
Someone who really doesn't like Greninja. He's either hyper-autistic or a top tier, dedicated troll.
See his 12k work essay here:
>>26878384
>>
>>26899895
Don't forget the 6k essay that came before it. He even linked it in the OP.
>>
I'm so motivated I'll probably have a 5th chapter out by tomorrow. anybody else feeling this?
>>
>>26897526
Remember: Balance those all caps sentences.
>>
>>26900368
I tried to keep it down to the gym leader this time to emphasize that he's literally screaming every word. Not going to be much from here.
>>
>>26899895
...And here I thought I hated Greninja.

But it's a good feeling to know one's own hatred is useless.
>>
>>26900354
>motivation hits
>suddenly have to write two essays for a friend
>cannot indulge motivation for pokéfics until tomorrow afternoon
>>
>>26901515
Academic dishonesty, ahoy?
>>
I've only lurked around a handful of these threads, but this general isn't big on green text stories, is it?
>>
>>26902085
You have to link them to a pastebin. Otherwise dumping puts you at risk for getting banned for spam (and we only have 310 posts, limited space).
>>
>>26901515
At least cash in a good amount for that, enough to pay for your later indulgences.
>>
File: 1443206620362.png (580 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1443206620362.png
580 KB, 500x750
In my next chapter I have a series of related events that are staged to occur consecutively in the following two chapters. The specific issue I'm having is being unable to split them apart in regards to publication. For an example, a certain fact will become relevant in the following chapter by mention of it in the previous one. As consequence, I delay in finalizing the former chapter until the latter is essentially complete in terms of plot. This has delayed my next update substantially since I am effectively writing double the amount for consistency purposes. Sorry for complaining, just felt like venting some frustration; the challenge is otherwise going well especially in regards to world building.
>>
>>26902332
This sounds like a comfort zone violation after writing too many chapters that each fit in a bottle. (Or that you're breaking a chapter that doesn't need to be broken.)
>>
>>26902332
Sounds like you are conflating two different things: plot consequence and plot visibility.

>For an example, a certain fact will become relevant in the following chapter by mention of it in the previous one. As consequence, I delay in finalizing the former chapter until the latter is essentially complete in terms of plot.

if you have an event Ea in chapter C and it affects chapters C+1, or C+2..., by affecting an event Eb, then you have to define the characteristics of Ea that are going to remain invariant across the editing process: basically, the "main sequence" of Ea. Once you have that main sequence, you can edit C+1, or C+2, ... or wherever Eb occurs without issues, because nothing in the meta-past can change those events.

Then all that's needed to check is for the usual small details that one goes through editmastering, such as one character's eyes suddenly changing color.

As for the issue of where to split, if a chain of events Ea, Eb, Ec... are all tied together within the main sequence of the story, and are independent of side-events Sx, Sy, Sz also following concurrently to any, then the natural chapter breaks, if any, are better dictated by where do the scene switches from (a {E,S} pair) to (the next {E,S} pair) occurs, as that maximizes the mood and plot turn-about you can do (if you need it) without breaking the flow of the story-
>>
>>26902522
Verily, 20k words is a substantial amount of written acreage for a single chapter. I all too often approach such a figure when I write. Mind, this is after the necessary trimming away of literary fat from a first, second, or even fifth draft. In the past, I have neglected to break apart these large chapters and received honest feedback encouraging me to attempt to do so. It stands to reason that my difficulty manifests itself in a balance of the objective with the execution. Put another way, the author's goal that I have underlying the various chapters is cohesive enough to at times alter my rendition.

>>26902789
There is logic in this approach you describe, and it breaks down what I have been struggling with into distinct compartments which I did not articulate very well in my initial post. Particularly interesting is how you have addressed the issue of side/sub events and their pertinent relationship to what you term the main sequence events. This divergence of tracks all too often is specifically troublesome when, as you described, a physical alteration takes place. However, my worst mistakes usually come in the perceptions of my characters. Even a slight change in the environment or tone of a scene may result in radically different attitudes towards a certain reappearing stimulus if you will. To reassess these issues, including scene changes, the editing process needs to be meticulously undertaken. Speaking of editing, do you self edit or have an editor?

I'm eager to get back to writing after work.
>>
>>26902901
>20k chapter after decimating five times.
I have no idea where y'all find the stamina.
>>
File: 1464669222508.jpg (360 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1464669222508.jpg
360 KB, 1000x750
Requesting a smut to be made about Hilbert or some other male trainer taking advantage of Skyla's big booty in this situation. Don't just dive right in though, make sure to tease around via groping, spanking, wedgies, or other lewd antics first
>>
Have anyone collected the older bully fics somewhere? I would like to read them again.
>>
>>26903138
I have some, but not all.
http://pastebin.com/ZFv25h6P

If you know any that aren't inside here, please share
>>
>>26903165
The link which say serperior actually links too a goodra one.
Here is the serperior one
http://pastebin.com/TpdwpvxG
>>
>>26902901
>However, my worst mistakes usually come in the perceptions of my characters. Even a slight change in the environment or tone of a scene may result in radically different attitudes towards a certain reappearing stimulus if you will.

Take advantage of the reasons why are you breaking scenes or chapters, and how the break is "transparent" to the characters. Usually, there is a plot turnabout, a change of mood, a change of focus or something of such nature.

For example you can give during a action-paced event Ea (C1) a very cursory perception of a feeling, and then sometime before Eb you can have the characters (the same or others, dependnig on availability of perception) focs and rethink what the scene meant.

If there is a change of mood involved during a rewrite of Ea that can effect the portrayal of Eb, the one other thing besides having an editor that helps is to have your working document supported by a tagging or commentary system that allows you to mark key words or sentences for "context adjustment", for example a thesaurus change of a relevant adjective in the description of a scene.

Speaking of editors, while I do have some recurring betareaders and for my newest one-shots Unown is my copilot, I do not have a dedicated editor as of yet. I am unsure if I can seriously consider one desu, given the extra burden that would carry on stuff like keeping a schedule - I am a more "persistent plot Nidos, but write-by-prompt" kind of person.
>>
>>26903138
Adding to this, how about bully turned fluff? Like how kids bully each other cause they don't know how to flirt, kind of thing.
>>
>>26903729
The bin has one for accidental and one for being 'helpful', but not of what you're looking for. Could be handy for someone to pick up if it interests them. A return to basics of sort.
>>
>>26903379
Just get an angry Cuban that relentlessly insults your grammatical errors and lack of description like I did. Works out pretty well.

On a more serious note, no friends you could dump your work on for advice?
>>
>>26901728
It would be the same as if they went to the writing center, so eh
>>
>>26904443
Would it?
>>
>>26903225
>>26903225
phew, you're right. Got it fixed up, along with finding another serperior piece as well.
http://pastebin.com/VzTsLcgZ
Spring was a fun time. Hope they'll be back for more someday.
>>
>>26904651
fug da police
>>
>>26905041
Charming sentiment.

Given that the Writing Center has a vacancy thanks to your generosity in shouldering one writer's worth of their duty, and the result is as you assert equivalent, speaking on behalf of /vpwt/, We eagerly anticipate the pokéfic material they are generating for you in kind tonight.
>>
>>26903885
Like I said, I have some online acquaintances who betaread my stuff.

But

>friends
>implying meatspace friends would even know I write for Pokémon
>>
>>26905607
There's no shame in having your meatspace friends knowing you write degenerate fanfiction. Granted, the only meatspace friend that knows it is a degenerate drawfag so maybe I'm cheating.
>>
>>26905136
I'm multitasking :^)
>>
>>26905633
I finally admitted my degeneracy to my Pokémon fan friend last week. She is now convinced that I want to fug the frog. She also wants to see my smut.
>>
>>26906851
>she wants to see my smut
That's probably the best outcome you can hope for I think.
She wants the dick is what she wants.
Maybe.
>>
>>26857786
>Jesse prepping the bull.gif
>>
>>26906882
I have a bf you degenerate
>>
File: 1457475700976.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1457475700976.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>26903063
>I have no idea where y'all find the stamina.
It's a good question, I wish I had a satisfying answer for you.
At considerable risk of coming across as truly cliche - I enjoy writing, creating in particular, and the natural struggle to improve at what I do spurs the gears.
Then again, it could just be a random assortment of convoluted chemicals and nameless particles at fault. :^)
>>
>>26907072
Oh. Ah well, I hope the smut you give them is good. There is literally nothing wrong with being a degenerate.

>>26907378
Striving is pretty good motivation and probably the main thing that keeps me wanting to write. On the other hand, actually producing is a fucking mess and I seem to write in sprints instead of steady jogs.
>>
>>26907378
Random or not, mine are too damn slow to emit a flow of 200 words of ready content per minute.
>>
>>26907661
cge, I've been meaning to ask: how does Ocimene's currency convert to the rest of the world's Poké?
>>
>>26905633
>There's no shame in having your meatspace friends knowing you write degenerate fanfiction.
That's the problem: I don't write degenerate fanfiction. I could appeal to "hey, what are you judging me for, everyone wants smut", but I don't think that many people want eg.: contests of skills and very veiled social commentary on the geopolitical situation of the Southern Cone.
>>
>>26907892
Without getting deeply into an elaborate economic system that I've only partially depicted, the League Credit currency is a parallel to what the games depict. What I added to the concept is that "real" money is backed by durable goods and discussed in terms of the pre-decimalization British system as familiar to the lost and shipwrecked sailors that brought the system and specimens to Ocimene. Nominally, 1LC = 1d, but transactions between the two systems are subject to taxes and fees that vary according to circumstances.
>>
>>26857786
Any greens you would recommend?
>>
>>26908387
>greens
elaborate
>>
File: 1356935998077.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1356935998077.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
Isn't it obvious?
The man's gotta get his daily recommended veggies.
>>
>>26908387
Anything in the catalog is fine pickings
>>
Props to whoever came up with that Maylene idea in the ideabin. I hope it gets written.
>>
>>26910940
>>26910103
>>
>>26907072
time to experiment :^)
>>
>>26906882
>>26906882
>>26906882
being this much of a thirsty faggot.
>>
>>26906851
>People expressing interest in your interests.
What's it like?
>>
File: 1443543781353.gif (328 KB, 145x98) Image search: [Google]
1443543781353.gif
328 KB, 145x98
>>
>>26904804
God I loved this story too.
>>
>>26896318
what is the fic about? Link?
>>
>>26917148
Feels good. I actually got her into at least half the fandoms she's a part of now. Pokémon was the original catalyst that we bonded over, though.
>>
>>26920447
Uploading it to the site tomorrow. Will post here when its up.

It's Ash/Serena.
>>
File: bump.png (14 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
14 KB, 200x260
bump
>>
>>26921248
Alright then. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>26918511
Are there any cute sneasel fics out there?
>>
>>26921159
Sounds like you have a nice catch, you frog fugger
>>
are there any human X Purugly fanfics yet?
feral would be nice
>>
>>26924905
as far as I know, one does not exist, SFW or not.
Seems like there is potential for the big ass cat too.
Now if only someone was willing to take up the challenge...
>>
I just realized today is the last day for that June world building month challenge. Anyone here stuck to the 30 day event? Thoughts?
>>
>>26926352
Here, have stuck for the 30 and will stay for more because it's advanced slowly (have only 5 entries published, 3 more in editing process).

As a challenge, it doesn't really have a timeline, so it's never late to join. The idea, as with anything, is to complete it so you and others can know more about your world.
>>
File: ice cream.jpg (159 KB, 985x933) Image search: [Google]
ice cream.jpg
159 KB, 985x933
>>26926352
I only made it to like day 11 or so. I plan to do the rest of them, but I've been somewhat busy lately and don't know if I'll be able to. I consider that a failure either way.
>>
>>26926947
>and don't know if I'll be able to
WHEN I'll be able to, rather. It's not like the prompts will go offline or anything. There's also the matter of no longer being part of the event since I'm so late, and no one reading my stuff anyway. Most of the motivation that drove me for the first 1.5 weeks is all gone now.
>>
>>26924800
>wanting to fug your sister from another mister
wew
>>
>you will never be able to read the fanfics on Pixiv
Why even live?
>>
>>26927134
Pixiv has a fanfiction section too?
>>
>>26928011
Yep. I can only imagine all the glorious Pokémon fanfiction that I will never fully understand.
>>
>>26928848
Yep. I can only imagine all the glorious Pokémon fanficiton that they will never read because I can't into moonrunes. Minna gomenasai.
>>
>>26928848
Google translate those moonrunes :^)
>>
>>26929532
Don't dare to breathe such a suggestion. Were Google translation of runes to become vogue, you would remove from a large proportion of the male millennial population the one role in society they ever wanted to serve; and went to college for.
>>
>>26924969
There isn't even any on FFN...
>>
>>26862959
My face is not your pillow
>>
>>26929564
>from millennials
Wouldn't that be a net Big Good™?
>>
>>26931617
It's a case by case basis
>>
File: Capture.png (6 KB, 507x144) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6 KB, 507x144
How do you change the rating to MA?
>>
>>26934289
on FFN there is no rating for MA, as it's technically not allowed on the website. You could publish it anyway as M, though take >>26896465 into consideration
>>
>>26896465
>>26934327
So, I've been on FF for a few years but I've never heard of this group. Will I have my account terminated for posting this, or suspended? How does this work?
>>
>>26934384
This group searches for new fics at random times, and if your story just happens to catch their eye, they'll just spam report the story until a mod removes it. What happens afterwards is anyone's guess.

A few years back they targeted Pokemon stories and did away with a good deal (though some still remain hidden/unfound). I think their current target is Naruto, but just keep an eye out.

You could just upload on Ao3, that allows MA fics, though registration is a bitch and it has a smaller audience.
>>
File: withblackjackandhookers.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
withblackjackandhookers.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>26934444
>, though registration is a bitch
I'm still waiting for the friggin' invite mechanism to work.

At this point I feel like it'd be faster if I launch my own, with pic related. I'd serve it from my 3DS for extra stability, even.
>>
>>26934444
>>26934327
>>26922330
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12027894/1/
>>
>>26934627
Oh wow this piece is pretty damn nice! The physical interaction you wrote between Serena and Ash paints a pretty damn clear image of what was going on, even if not much was spoken. You're missing a few periods here and there though.

Hope you do more like this.
>>
So once more that guy (sickboy) who took requests for Smuts closed down everything and his username is now goneforever1999... Of his stories, I still have the medicham piece saved, so sharing with you guys.
NSFW
http://pastebin.com/Yui6yXTr

Sorry to the Illumise and other requesters.
>>
>>26934327
What is the difference between M and MA? If MA is the rating for anything with sex, then I don't see what can really differentiate T from M.
>>
>>26938720
MA is for explicit/detailed sex, like out of an erotica or a porn movie
M is for lewds that get there, but don't quite go into detail about the sex. Most movies that are rated R usually use this kind of thing. Contains a lot of kissing and touching and antics, but rarely, if at all, openly shows someone getting the D
>>
File: Floette.png (252 KB, 1193x945) Image search: [Google]
Floette.png
252 KB, 1193x945
quiet thread tonight
>>
>>26940556
I've been busy getting blisters at AX. Help.
>>
It's amazing how often people portray trainers as trying to pet pokemon who are hostile to them as if that will magically assert their friendship. Just once, I want someone to lose some fingers.
>>
File: smile and wave.png (1 MB, 715x1050) Image search: [Google]
smile and wave.png
1 MB, 715x1050
>>26857786

>For writers, what kind of character do you enjoy writing about the most? For readers, what type of characters do you enjoy reading/learning about the most?

"Normies" who are forced into completely alien circumstances and forced to adapt. It's particularly good for telling 'nobody to hero' or 'nobody to villain' tales.

In other news, it took a while thanks to June being a hectic month but I'm back with an update. The chapter might have come out a little rushed this time around, but I think it should still hold up decently.

FFN:
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/37/Fledglings

AO3:
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/16728928
>>
>>26941826

Obvious identity should be obvious, but just in case...

>>26902901

>20K words
>single chapter

Pretty sure that's grounds for splitting it in two, senpai.
>>
>>26935225
What did you think of the pacing of it? Was it slow enough that you could get a good mental image of what was taking place while being fast enough that you don't tire of it?

I guess I mean is it too wordy?
>>
>>26942321
I thought the pacing was just fine and the wording of a good balance. Mental image was painted pretty clearly, so you don't have to worry about it being to wordy at the moment.
>>
>>26942374
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>26941775
...or a hand.
>>
morning bump
>>
>>26941775
>>26943868
While I don't see any essential potential in the biting off of fingers beyond a cathartic acknowledgment that the Nice Guy/Shining Armor introduction is tired and disrespects the premise of pokemon being wild monsters with the Potential to be domesticated through rigorous discipline and Training, I agree that more stories with rockier trainer/pokemon relationships could be nice to see if the author can avoid it feeling forced that they say together—i.e., that it shouldn't boil down to the pokemon escaping, being traded off, or being kept balled whenever not put to battle.

Anyway, regarding specifically approaching a wild pokemon with an outstretched hand: the Safari Zone supplies you with treats and rocks for a reason, kids.
>>
>>26946159
Speaking of almost losing limbs to wild pokemon, can we ever hope to see more of The Poke-man? That made for an interesting little aside in LL.
>>
>>26947444
You already have, although it was intentionally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in a scene establishment moment.

>The mawile returned to her master and then to her ball. The man looked somewhat familiar but said nothing as he returned to the lobby.

I'm glad that they proved interesting. When I write an "off-to-the-side" moment against a doldrum, especially when they don't turn into scenes of their own, I'm never certain if they will be received as (intended) a way to revitalize reader interest while the action is low or as a petty distraction from a plot that's already taking its time.
>>
Stared reading this fic some days ago and i am about halfway in and it is really good in my opinion. Kinda dark but i would not say it is edgy (at least not in the bad way) it have some issues with exposition dumps but otherwise i really recommend it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8561139/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Broken-Ideals
>>
File: 1455261565820.jpg (139 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1455261565820.jpg
139 KB, 500x605
>>
File: ditto.gif (695 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
ditto.gif
695 KB, 500x289
>>26948754
The zorua's fighting ability is entirely based around literally transforming into other species - not using illusions.
>tfw ditto gets no love even when its defining ability is useful for a story
>>
>>26950872
>The zorua's fighting ability is entirely based around literally transforming into other species - not using illusions.
picardfacepalm.jpg

>tfw ditto gets no love even when its defining ability is useful for a story
I found a brief appearance for one in E/V Chapter 1, and (teaser) It's possible that a ditto will have a meaningful role in my next fic. During my re-visioning of the story's first part (after a significant shift of plot emphasis) a ditto got caught by MC. Now to hope I find time and inspiration to get writing and see what happens with it—but the flickers of possibilities I see indicates it may be just the lubricant the story's later developments need.
>>
>>26952489
>>26952444
he's using Ao3 for his fics. Last I remembered his FFN was having some fic uploading troubles
>>
I want to write something, but don't know what. Any requests?
>>
File: 1465656930461.jpg (70 KB, 602x428) Image search: [Google]
1465656930461.jpg
70 KB, 602x428
>>26952939
Team Tasty
>>
>>26952939
SFW or NSFW are you looking for? There's a couple of ideas in the bin at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

If you're interested in NSFW, I have a smut of my own to request. It's lewd though, so the idea is at http://pastebin.com/4EkcHYkm
>>
>>26952444
Deleting trips? Unacceptable.
>I have not seen anything made by him in quite some time
My latest release was during this Spring (and is mentioned in the updates update atop this thread; cut off the chapter/id part of the URL to go to the beginning of it), and I do have at least one more fic idea in me that may come to fruition. Stopping making fanfics is an interesting possibility, but considering the extreme narrowness of my writings' appeal when enjoying the benefit of an established and popular setting and automatic visibility to potentially interested readers, I shouldn't expect to find any traction as one more hack among millions trying to push yet another speculative fantasy. Especially since apparently George Martin has saturated the "books that aren't afraid to kill main characters" part of the market; without that angle, I may have to take one of my readers' advice and try comedy.
>>
>>26952972
desu I had a bit of a brain fart and did lot look over you bio at ff.net
And I may of jumped to conclusions when your lat update there was over 2 years ago, Sorry

Still waiting for love lost part 2 btw
>>
>>26953063
It may still happen. I've got a few scattered ideas but they haven't fit together yet.

FFN is history. AO3 is the way to be. Well, it should be but it needs messaging.
>>
>>26953197
Well good luck with all of that, will defiantly keep a eye out for it once you get it pieced together.
>>
File: 1442980407595.jpg (464 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1442980407595.jpg
464 KB, 800x533
>>26941843
Yes, it really was extensive. I did act in accordance with your sentiment - by splitting the chapter into segments. Now I get to name each of them, what fun!

>>26953197
I would imagine that an AO3 audience would vary from a FFN audience, but that is something I have yet to comprehensively explore. Regardless of my musing thought pertaining to a varied audience, if something unforeseeable were to happen to one host site then having a backup would certainly not be a terrible idea in retrospect.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.