[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why don't testers ever actually leak real information?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: trertretr.png (330 KB, 900x886) Image search: [Google]
trertretr.png
330 KB, 900x886
So why don't testers ever actually leak real information?

I know there is the excuse that some testers have personalized demos with slight changes to catch who leaks what, but these people could very well get behind a proxy and leak the names, types, etc of Pokemon and other general info just fine without being caught

Why aren't any of the testers decent people, /vp/?
>>
How do they select them anyway ?
>>
>>26856876
Is this ironic
>>
>>26856906
No, I'm legit curious why no testers ever actually leak shit.

As long as they don't post direct feed and use a proxy at say a Dennys or something, you're good to go at not getting caught.
>>
There are only a few testers, so it's usually pretty easy to narrow down who did the leaking. If they can't figure it out, they'll just fire the entire group and replace them.
>>
I'd prefer no leaks, thank you very much. Glad there are still good testers these days.
>>
Bigger titles only hire testers with years and years of professional experience. They value their jobs and reputation too much to risk it over a leak. It's not even safe to leak things anonymously, since testers are sometimes given slightly different test builds so that they can identify a leaker by mentioning things that were only in one build.
>>
smealum ruined Gen 6 after he leaked all the shit about the the hidden legends and stuff. But I guess if he didn't, someone would have.

We were very close going into Gen 6 not knowing a lot about what was hidden, and even then it was still a while before we found out about Mega Latios and shit so that was kind of nice.

I mean, I'm glad for knowing more about the game which helps with guides and shit, but not knowing a lot and going in blind is kind of fun. You never know what will pop out of the grass.

As for your testers, I'm pretty sure most are done in house with Treehouse. If they have any outside testers, they're probably under huge fines and NDAs and can't even dare to leak anything out.
>>
A tester leaked a bunch of XY info a few years ago. Similar thing happened with Smash. The rest don't presumably because they want to keep their jobs.
>>
>>26856876
Testers have their own community, where it is generally understood you don't talk about that shit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.