[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First SM Playthrough plans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: alola mons.png (532 KB, 788x819) Image search: [Google]
alola mons.png
532 KB, 788x819
Discuss your plans for your first play through of SM?

Do you have any special 'rituals' (see: autism) that you do for your first run of a new region?

Any bros do you plan to catch asap?

Personally, I always box my starter (popplio looks like it will only disappoint with evolution) in favor of one of my favorite pokemon that I've bred from a previous generation that would probably fit in with the new region.

Im torn between breeding:

>Alomomola

She would function like a team cleric with wish/safeguard/healing wish and a general damage sponge. Though it has admittedly less appeal as a starter mon.

>Remoraid

I think a Moody Remoraid/Octillery would be lot's of fun during a playthrough. Great movepool too.

>Mantyke

Too cute and perfect for Alola. Baby pokemon make really fun starters, and it has Surf/Waterfall/Dive potential.
>>
I always use the grass starter for a very first run. Other than that, there aren't really any special rituals I follow, and besides the starters all the pokemon revealed so far look like the usual early-game dross. So I won't be using any of those.

Really, I'll just try to go in mostly blind and pick up anything I like the look of.
>>
>>26855590

>playthrough
>play through

Picking the fire starter like always. I will most likely catch and train a Pikipek because I like regional birds. Also I always save a spot in my team for the box legend.
>>
I'm using Litten and Pikipek for certain.
>>
>>26855850
>>26855861
bros

Also picking up Grubbin and raising it until its final evo, then releasing it.
>>
Pretty stoked honestly. Litten, rock dog, mongoose, and grubbin all have promised spots on my first play through already. As far as plans go, not really. Just going to enjoy it and be part of the hype on /vp/ once it's out
>>
Gonna pick Litten and run through it as a Nuzlock.

Only way the game can be challenging and satisfying.
>>
Well, I've got half of my team already, gonna run with only new mons, as per usual.
>Rowlet
>Kowalax
>Grubbin
>>
>>26855590
I'll try to use mons I never used before (regardless of the gen they were introduced in) as I've been doing since my replays of all gens.
Also carry my starter to the end, always. Taking Sceptile to the end of ORAS was painful, I dislike it so much.

As for bros, I'll try to get a Phantump (it's the one exception to the above rule) asap and look everywhere for the Eevee handout if there's a new evo.
>>
>>26855590
my first playthrough is usually the "true" experience. i pick the starter who looks coolest, catch mons that look interesting, make bros with whoever works out, and generally play the game as-intended (no looking up movesets, no breeding for IVs, no specific EV training, etc)

second playthrough is a bro run where i use pokebank to give myself lv.1 versions of my bros, then as i progress through the game and add mons to my team, i box them and fill their spots with a lv.1 bro from pokebank
>>
>>26855590
I'm going to use only new mons and I might box my starter For the first time ever I don't care for any of the starter's first stages. I'll wait until their final stages are revealed to decide who I choose and whether or not they get boxed and use an Iwanko that I'll name Rockweiler as my starter.
>>
>>26855590
just gonna use new gen pokes, just like I do with every gen.
>>
Always do water starter which means popplio in the team. I'm probably just gonna pick mons and have fun.
>actually more excited for this than gen 6
>>
I won't be using the EXP Share if it works how it did last gen. And I won't grind and wind up overleveling my Pokemon. Thats all. Should be very fun.
>>
>>26855861
Me too.

I often use a full mono-ghost type team for competitive play, so any new ghost types I find I will use so I can get a feel for what it's capable of.
>>
I'm gonna go with Litten and Grubbin for sure. I think i might go with new mons only. or use an older mon i never used before.
>>
Gonna try to break a ritual this time and not use the water starter. Litten is too cute
>>
>>26856280

wow thats actually exactly what I do sometimes (the bro run), and part of why I'm breeding alomomola/mantyke/remoraid so that I can have 1 bro to start with and let the rest fall into place naturally on my first run through.

Any thoughts on which one I should use?

>>26856589

Same, but my autism won't let me. This is the first time I've preferred the other starters.
>>
File: image.jpg (446 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446 KB, 2048x2048
>>26855925
>then releasing it
No.
>>
>>26857425

Granted, this could be the first usable final stage regional Bug type so maybe I will keep it.
>>
>>26857451
Anything is "usable" in the main game, if you mean for online or battle facilities then I understand.
>>
>>26857462

Don't get me wrong, I use them for as long as I can until a better more interesting mon catches my eye. Then we say farewell
>>
>>26857451
Does Scolipede not count?
>>
>>26857451
every mon has some use in some tier
>>
Im going to transfer my own starter mons because i those starters will probably be shotmons. Im bringing in my x y event torchic
>>
>>26855590

>Build a team of only gen7's
>Catch every pokemon on every route
>>
File: leaked pikmin 4 images.png (7 KB, 159x159) Image search: [Google]
leaked pikmin 4 images.png
7 KB, 159x159
Definitely going to be getting Rowlet, Grubbin, and the Dog
If I can catch Aron definitely picking my bro up

Also my autism ritual is catching every pokemon I use with regular pokeballs
>>
>>26855590
Alomomola is surprising good, it's extremely bulky and does great damage.
>>
>>26855590
I'm gonna turn off the xp share and do a nuzlocke
>>
>>26856324
This pretty much. Gen 5 started a trend with me where my first play through must be with an all-new pokemon team as much as possible

I'll be licking Litten and other new mons that appeal to me

Second run is an all-bro anything-goes run
>>
Same as always. Start fresh and use newly introduced Pokemon. (Though I may dedicate a space to a new mega/synchro if they're usable before clear)

Outside of that, nothing really. No point in deciding which of the revealed pokemon to use because I'm indifferent to them and we haven't even seen their final stages, which is what matters most. All said and done though, I'm leaning towards Rowlet as my starter.
>>
>>26855590
>Special rituals
Not particularly. I never nickname Pokemon on my first run of a new generation, because otherwise I'm going to forget all the names of the newcomers I bring onto my team. I usually try and use as many new Pokemon as I can, but I'll likely have two spots for old Pokemon that catch my eye, especially if this ends up like X and Y where they only introduce a small number of new Pokemon.

Although I have decided I'm going to get Rowlett and a Pikipek, because they're both adorable. I might get a Grubbin too, but I'm undecided.
>>
>>26855590
gonna play the game catch what i like and have fun
>>
I am getting both games. Moon will be my main game where I do the first run only using the new pokemon. Sun will be for nuzlockes, wonderlockes, mono runs, etc...
>>
Dunno yet. Gonna go catch em all off the bat or do a nuzlocke run.
>>
>>26855590
>i always box starter and get my ass raped by negros
stopped reading here
>>
>>26861480

If I wasnt so sick of looking at all of the starters by the time the game comes out, this wouldnt be the case. But after 6 months of seeing them I really don't want them on my team. It's the oversaturation that turns me off.
>>
>>26855590
My first playthrough will usually have the stock-standard team of:

Starter
Regional Bird
600BST mon
Electric type
Whatever pokemon look cool for the last two slots
Regional HM Slave
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.